Heartbeat ~knj~

By cherriyoongi

One thing other than the red string of fate that soulmates share is that they have hearts, hearts that beat i... More

Prologue
1: Soulmate
2: Not fine
3: parents
4: Dinner
5: Lost
7: Icarus
8: My man
9: Gentleman
10: Marriage
11: Yes or No
👾
12: My happy ending
Epilogue

6: Murphy's Law

16 1 0
By cherriyoongi

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

☽⋅─────•⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅•─────⋅☾
Sky's Point of view,
Joongdong High School, Seoul.

"Alright students, that's it for today, Miss Jung will be coming in shortly to take up your science substitution today, Good day." Mr. Kim, our maths teacher said and walked out of the classroom.

It's the 2nd last class for today and a substitute teacher will be coming in due to our original science teacher, Mrs. Lee, being busy with some board meeting.

"Afternoon class, I am Jung Dawon, you can call me Miss Jung for your liking, and I'll be taking up today's class."

"We'll just go through some of Murphy's laws." She said and kept her stuff on the teacher's table. "You won't be tested or graded for this topic but it will sure be of interest for many of you, and it's general knowledge."

She took out a marker and started writing some pointers on the whiteboard.

Honestly, my head hurts. The event from yesterday has been on my mind nonstop, And the tattoo on my finger isn't helping me get over it for a bit either.

I placed my chin on the table and looked at Miss Dawon writing down the last point.

"There you go. If anyone finds something hard to understand, please ask me. I'll be doing some work by then." She said and went back to the teacher's desk and sat down to check some assignments.

I looked at the board.

Murphy's Laws

1. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

2. Anything you do can get you to lose, including nothing.

3. The easy way is always mined.

4. There is always a way.

5. If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Holy mother of cows. This Murphy sounds like a loner by his words.

'There is always a way.'
I'll find one even if there wasn't.

But how?

"-Sky"

"Huh? What?" I turned to see Kyung-min.

"You serious? I've been going on about how my brother finally found his soulmate and you didn't hear a word?"

"Soulmate? Oh, oh yeah, I did hear you. I'm sorry. Congratulate your brother for me."

"I will. Anyways. Let's go to the canteen."

"But the class isn't over yet" I looked at her in confusion.

"I can see that, you idiot. That's why, we bunk."

"What the-"

"Oh come on. It'll be fun!"

"Fine! But how do we get out?"

"Just follow me," She said and got up from her seat and gestured me to follow her.

We walked near Miss Dawon.

Suddenly Kyung-min clutched her head and held my shoulder tightly, leaning on me.

"OMG! What happened to her?!" Miss Dawon got up from her seat and walked to us.

"Just wait dear, you'll be alright." Miss Jung comforted her and turned to me, "Please take her to the medical room, quick!"

I nodded hurriedly and supported Kyumi out of the room.

We were passing by the girl's restroom when Kyumi stood straight and pulled me into the restroom.

"Hey, what the floof?! You can walk? You were clutching your head a minute ago."
I asked her, all confused.

"You dimwit, let's go to the canteen and then the library."
She said and started dragging me again.

I sighed. This girl.

"Come on," She whined, dragging both the 'o's.

"Fine, let's go." I started walking, matching her own pace.

-

"Can we get a cupcake, 2 sandwiches and 2 iced coffees, please."
Kyumi placed the order.

"Sure, that'll be 4,200₩."

"I'd like to pay online,"

"Sure, here's the QR code. Please tell me once paid." The staff said and walked away to get our orders.

"How are we gonna pay? I don't have cash 'cause you didn't let me bring my bag." I asked her. We're not adults yet, so us not having our bank accounts is normal.

"That's not a issue. I'll make oppa pay."

"Hey! No. Let's just go bring my bag."

"You dimwit, it took us a whole lot of drama to get out here and you wanna go back?!"

"Fine then, I'll pay you back after we get back."

"You're not giving me anything."

"Then I'm going back."

"I mean, you can surely try, Sky. Both of us know it, you're not leaving me here." I scoffed at her words.

Bitter but true.

"Okay then, I'll just pay your oppa back, directly," I said, trying to warn her.

"You can try that too. Good luck."
She said and picked up her phone, finally noticing that her brother was on the call.

I unintentionally read the name.

'Nam-june 🍃🌻' A laugh escaped my lips. gosh.

She talked to her brother for a bit and then winked at me. "Done,"

"Great. Now, let's take the stuff and get to the library," I said and picked up one of the trays.

"But, food isn't allowed in the library?"

"So you mean that your smart ass can sneak out of the class but you can't sneak food in the library?!" I stomped at her feet.

"Ugh! Stop! Fine. Let's go,"

-

We walked into the library, careful not to move much. Both of us had a sandwich and a cupcake, wrapped in tissue paper stuffed in our back pockets.

"Finally, we know how it feels like to carry all that cake around." Kyung-min joked.

"Sure we do," I said and pulled both our ID cards to show to the librarian, who nodded upon seeing them, allowing us in the library.

Both of us settled down in some farthermost corner on the first floor -which was the novel section.

"So," Kyung-min spoke up, receiving a hum from me telling her to speak further. "You know Jungkook right?" She asked.

"Jeon Jungkook from section A?"

How is he suddenly a part of this convo?
I honestly never saw him in person -and if I did, I didn't recognize him- but he sure was famous. He was known as the ace. Good in studies and sports.

"Exactly,"

"What about him?"

"I-, kinda have a crush on him?"
She stuttered. Her face flushed.

"Oh, you have a cru- YOU HAVE A WHAT?!" I stood up in shock.

"SILENCE!" The librarian's voice echoed throughout the almost empty library as she yelled from the ground floor.

"sorry," I sank back into my seat.
"Yeah, you like him?"

"Ye-"

"Like, like-like him?"

"Yup. Like like him."

"Oh damn. I gotta see the dude that snatched ma bitch-"

"sky," Her voice became the literal example of 'smol'.

"What?!"

"I'm yours," She joined her index fingers with one another. Acting cute doesn't always work, kiddo.

"Yeah-yeah whatever, get back to science though."

"Okay- wait. What's that?!" She exclaimed and held my left hand, showing me the tattoo on my pinky.

"Oh, that? I found my soulmate."

"And you didn't tell me?!"

"I lost him the minute I found him, I didn't even see his face. What's the point in talking about it again?" I sighed. "Also, we're even now," I said and gave her a look.

"Fuck you."

"You can try, for sure." A smug look crossed my face. "Also, Let's focus on your 'crush' after we finish this." I said and eyed the chemistry book that was in front of us while she gave me a 'look'.

"What?! I haven't seen who this Jeon jungle-book is, and I won't approve of him until I do."

"Sky! It's just a crush," She whined.
"It's not like he's my soulmate," her face fell as she said the last line.

"You never know,"

"Huh?" She looked at me.

"How do you know that he's not your soulmate?"

"Uh, I don't know," She looked down. "He just seems too perfect for me."

"Kyumi," I kept my hand on hers. "You're perfect too. In every angel and way possible. Be it your looks, studies, morals or values. You top the chart." I smiled at her, which she returned, with tears in her eyes.

"thank you, sky."

"That's what friend-best friends, are for."

"You're family. Just know that." It was now her turn to comfort me. "Your real family failed you. I'll make sure I never do. Sky, you're my family."

"And you are mine," I said as she got up and hugged me.

"Thank you."

─────•⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅•─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 9.7K 32
soulmate au. a alternate universe in which everyone's eyes are a dull grey, the only persons eye colour you can see is your soulmates. when you make...
367 20 15
Two Wicks, One Flame And we call them, twin flames Derived from different corners of the universe and the earth. They are not a mirror image of each...
6.4K 343 15
They say when you write your number and hide it in an unknown place, the first person to find it and call you is your soulmate. But what happens when...
1.7M 81.9K 104
The universe has designed soulmates- someone that completes you. But what happens when you don't have one but seven? And all you want to do is run in...