CALAMITY: World of chaos.

By Bdz1593

a story made by @Bdz1593 and @caydanp. Follow the story of different survivors around the world as they try... More

Disclaimer.
New year new World
I hate Mondays.
Keep the border clean.
The Evacuation.
FOR BELGIUM
Rhine river.
Operation unity.
the school is dead.
The school is dead pt2.

Marines lead the way.

2 2 0
By Bdz1593

Day 3.

Location: Scotland.

Time: 21:45.

Five hundred United States Marines. 200 royal marines.

3 million infected.

All evacuation attempts have failed. The second wave of Marines won't come until 2 more weeks.

800 soldiers are scattered in Scotland.

Orders are to. "Hold your position and wait until we give an exfill point."

30 United States Marines and 10 Royal Marines hold their own somewhere in the middle of Ayrshire.

My squad was completely wiped out. And now I fight with these people I've never met. But we all have the same mission in mind. To survive.

"This is 7th platoon. We are surrounded I have 19 wounded. 7 dead. We need immediate artillery fire 100 yards east of our position. I repeat we need immediate fire 100 yards east. Is anyone there!?"

"There is no way to get out of here we are surrounded there's hundreds of infected around here we need immediate support," I say again into my radio.

"7th platoon this is USS Blue Ridge. We read you loud and clear ETA 1 Mike."

"SECOND WAVE INBOUND!" The lieutenant shouts as he cocks his rifle.

"Sir! We don't have enough ammo to fend off a second wave Sir!" I say.

"Well, you better grab a fucking knife private!" He responds.

The ground shakes and the sky lights up as a wave of artillery comes crashing down on the infected.

The soldiers cheer but the sound of running is heard again.

"All odds are against us boys! So show these cannibal pieces of shit what American steel can do! Hoorah!" Our lieutenant says.

"HOORAH!" Everyone shouts back as they cock their guns.

A royal marine next to me smiles and says. "Don't forget English steel"

"We never forget" I respond.

"Fire at will!" Our lieutenant yells.

Gunfire fills the streets and the infected get nowhere close. But as more and more pour in and we begin to run low on ammo the situation sets in.

"I'm low I need a new box!" A soldier says.

"This is the last of what we have. Use it wisely" a soldier responds as he tosses him an ammo box.

Eventually, I ran out of ammo as well.

"I'm on my last mag!" I yell.

I fire in single shots trying to make every bullet count.

"It's too dark I can't see anything!" Someone yells.

"Who has a drone!" Our lieutenant yells.

"I do sir!" I reply.

"Use thermal vision and try to see what we're facing!" He yells.

"Ay, sir!" I reply.

I set up the drone and flew it in the air. As It scans the area my face turns grim as I come to a dark realization.

"What is it Ramirez!?" My lieutenant asks.

"Sir we have misplaced x-rays all around us.. hundreds.. maybe thousands approaching our position," I respond.

"Do you have any rockets on that drone son!?" He yells back.

"Only 1 sir!" I respond.

"Shoot it at the biggest horde you can find.. or block a path somehow but use It good!" He says.

"Sir!" I say.

I fly the drone around and find a building on the verge of collapsing. I shoot with the rocket and the building comes down crushing zombies and also blocking their path. For now.

"Sir! The southern exit is secured. Most won't get pass for now!" I say.

"Good job Ramirez now start shooting again!" He yells.

I go back in position and do as ordered.

After 10 shots the gun no longer fires and I realize my gun ran empty.

"I'm out of ammo!" I yell.

"Me too!" Someone else says.

Our lieutenant stays silent. Men begin to pull out knives. Machetes some just sticks and rocks they found.

He's left with the decision to either stay and hope for the best. Or send his men to the death while Doing as much damage as they can.

"Your orders sir!" I yell.

He stays silent and then says.

"Send a distress signal... it's all we can do now all remaining troops fire carefully."

"Ay, sir!" We yell

I get on the radio and turn it on.

"This is 7th platoon we are holding our own but are getting overrun any and all support is needed," I say.

"This is 1st platoon we hear you. We are on the move to your location ETA 10 mikes." A voice says.

"Make it less we don't have enough time" I respond.

"We'll try." He says.

I get off the radio and yell to my sergeant.

"We've got Reinforcements ETA 10 mikes!" I yell.

"Good! Now use everything you have and hold them off!" He responds.

I take my grenade and throw it other soldiers do the same as the streets erupt in explosions.

I take out my knife and look forward as I hold My breath.

But before we can act a second barrage of artillery comes crashing down on the infected. The streets become filled with blood and flesh.

Another horde runs through the smoke of the artillery and we run forward and begin to engage the infected.

It initially starts well but soon shit hits the fan.

I jab my knife in an infected head and when I step back I watch one of our marines drop down as he gets swarmed and eaten. His screams echo and then he yells.

"KILL ME!"

And his request is met with a quick shot to the head.

I try to attack another infected but begin to get swarmed I get knocked down and when all seems a loud blast of a shotgun rings in my ear the infected get blown back. And a rough and old voice yells at me.

"Get back son!"

"First platoon made it!" Someone yells.

And it was true. The first platoon made it and they're giving the infected hell.

It's rare to see a general in the field. General wills. The man who saved me is the one leading 1st platoon.

I do as told and get back. A new magazine is handed to me I reload my rifle and move forward helping our boys.

And then the last wave of artillery falls. It's a lot smaller than the other 2 but still deals a massive amount of damage.

"Ceasefire!" The general yells as he steps forward and cocks his shotgun.

the streets are barren.

We have won.

The general comes back towards us and says.

"We have won against these infected. Our first victory against a plague that has destroyed the people of Scotland. All is not lost and if we keep fighting like how you boys did today I guarantee you. Humanity will prevail. Good job marines!"

I smile and watch the general and then sit down on the floor as I catch my breath.

The general walks towards me and pats my back.

"What's your name son?" He asks.

"Private Ramirez sir," I say.

"You're full name, son." He says.

"Private Michael Ramirez sir," I respond

"Michael Ramirez today you showed bravery and courage for your people. If it wasn't for you most of these men would have died. You have been promoted to corporal. I expect to see more from you corporal." He says as he stands back up.

"Thank you sir I won't fail you," I say as I get up and salute him.

He salutes me back and I look up at the sky.

The stars are bright. Like a sign of hope. A sign that We. Will. Win.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 1.2K 30
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
644 291 14
𝐈𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝, 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮...
9.1K 113 5
So everyone is surrounded by Drago and his trappers. Eret is the first one to go because he betrayed Drago. And Skullcrusher goes too because he is E...