Bluestar | Legolas x OC

By AzureSky14

"Nine companions," Elrond began. Not so fast, Adar. "Make it ten." When Eluin, the fiery youngest of the Hous... More

Disclaimer & A/N
Part I: The Fellowship of the Ring
Chapter 1: Find the Hobbits
Chapter 2: Fateful Fortnight
Chapter 3: Old Friends & New Bonds
Chapter 4: The Hall of Fire
Chapter 5: The Council of Elrond
Chapter 6: Ten Companions
Chapter 7: A Daughter's Resolve
Chapter 8: Paths of the Heir
Chapter 9: A Bridge to Friendship
Chapter 10: Sapphires & Emeralds
Chapter 11: A Fiery Spirit
Chapter 12: The Journey Begins
Chapter 13: Uncharted Territory
Chapter 14: Spies of the South
Chapter 15: Frozen Echoes
Chapter 16: Over to Under
Chapter 17: Murky Ripples
Chapter 18: The Watcher in the Water
Chapter 19: Through the Dark
Chapter 20: Shadows of Moria
Chapter 21: Drums in the Deep
Chapter 23: Durin's Bane
Chapter 24: Shadow and Flame
Chapter 25: Poisoned Whispers
Chapter 26: The Golden Wood
Chapter 27: The Heart of Elvendom
Chapter 28: A Ghost of Lavender
Chapter 29: The Bluestar's Burden
Chapter 30: Drunken Words
Chapter 31: Sober Thoughts
Chapter 32: Silver Solace
Chapter 33: A Grain in the Hourglass
Chapter 34: Farewell LothlΓ³rien

Chapter 22: Trial & Terror

60 2 6
By AzureSky14

January 15th TA 3019

The Wizard had been using Glamdring and the length of his staff in battle. Eluin knew the Istari were forbidden from using a great deal of magic to influence events in Middle Earth, a direct order from the Valar. Yet his presence and combat skills alone were valuable to the Fellowship.

Nocking an arrow, she jumped off the platform, landing light as a feather beside Gandalf. An Orc screeched at her, just a few moments before it got silenced, white-tipped feathers with red specks of its blood, as the Goblin fell to the ground with a thud. Gandalf swung his staff and sword at another, Eluin nimbly ducking from the whirlwind to take a precise shot with her bow at an Orc.

A clang echoed in the chamber, a result of Sam favouring his pan over his shortsword to strike the heads of the Orcs. Another clank as a Goblin winced, as Sam swung the metal pan to its head. "I think I'm getting the hang of this," the Hobbit said before swiping at another Orc.

Pippin's shout was short-lived, followed by the crash of rocks and a rumble in the ground. The Fellowship turned towards the sound, seeing Merry and Pippin separated from Frodo as they jumped aside. The Cave Troll had swung its mace on the stone platform on the other side of the room. The Hobbits staggered on the ground, coughing from the dust cloud that had emerged.

"Frodo!" Aragorn called, voice tight in concern for the Ringbearer. He stabbed at an Orc, the creature screeching as the Ranger's sword went through its stomach. Aragorn began fighting to be closer to Frodo and protect the young Hobbit, clearing the Orcs in his path on the platform.

Eluin glanced up at the platform, hearing the loud roar of the Troll echoing in the chamber. It had grabbed Frodo by the leg as he began to yell for the Ranger frantically, "Aragorn? Aragorn!" "Frodo!" Aragorn shouted. These creatures are always drawn to the Ring, Eluin thought, but in her brief moment of distraction, an Orc managed to evade her sharp senses and tackle her.

Shock filled her eyes as Eluin got pushed from the side, the clumsy Orc hitting her shoulder as they fell. Her bow had escaped from her left grip upon the sudden impact, the grey wood clattering upon the stone floor. She landed on her stomach, grunting as she blinked her eyes open and shook her head to clear her disorientation. With the twin swords sheathed on her back, bow lying by her feet and dagger tucked in her boot, the elleth was unarmed. The Orc that had grappled her was lying a few feet away in front of her, recovering and dragging closer as it stepped back up on its feet. A snarl escaped its mouth, a foul stench filling the air around it.

Upon seeing the blur of azure fall against the grey stone, Legolas flashed his green eyes at her, widening as a knot formed in his heart. An Orc came rushing at the ellon before he could shoot an arrow at the Goblin approaching Eluin. Panic and anger grew as he shoved the Orc back.

Eluin pushed herself up, the leather of her gloves protecting her wrists and palms from scraping against the stone yet allowing her uncovered fingers to feel the chill of the rock. With a blue fury in her eyes, her thoughts echoed, beleg dýgar, Orc. (big mistake, Goblin.)

Her eyes darted to her right, seeing the torch Aragorn had abandoned before the battle lying just beyond her reach. The Orc screeched as it ran at her, and Eluin got into action. She lunged for the torch, swiftly getting on her feet and grabbing it. Eluin dodged the dull blade the Orc swung at her, stepping back to sling the torch as it spun straight into its face. It shrieked in pain, flames scorching its already hideous face as it fell to the floor, the smell of burning flesh in the air.

Grabbing its discarded sword as the metal clanged upon the stone, Eluin spun it before driving the raw edge into its skull, its body twitching on the floor as it took its last breath. Maybe that will warm your cold, dead heart. Well, not like you'd need it anymore.

Legolas had discarded his enemies, and the Orcs that ran at him were now dead at his feet. He heard a Goblin's shriek, turning his eyes to see Eluin strike it down. Relief flickered in his eyes briefly before they narrowed in concern as they snapped towards a loud growl from the Troll.

Frodo had nicked its fingers with Sting, the Troll releasing its grip, letting the Hobbit fall on the ruined steps of the chamber. Enraged, it moved to strike at Frodo with its spiked mace. But before it could, Aragorn jumped in between them with a yell. Holding a long spear, Aragorn drove it into the Troll's stomach, the creature letting out a guttural roar in pain as it dropped its mace behind it. The Ranger pushed the spear in even further, gritting his teeth.

Merry and Pippin, still atop the platform, began picking up rough stones from the floor and throwing them at the Troll. It brought its large hand up to block the rocks before swiping it, smacking Aragorn and flinging him towards a stone pillar. The Ranger grunted in pain before he hit the floor, stunning him as he lay above the ruined rocks.

"Aragorn!" Eluin yelled in a panic, retrieving her bow from the floor. Frodo hurriedly rushed towards Aragorn, concern filling his eyes for the Ranger. The Troll wailed as it pulled the spear out from its body before trying to stab Frodo with it. The Hobbit ducked, scurrying to try and escape from the corner. The Troll blocks his path with the spear and pushes him towards the wall. He was cornered as he stared at the large Cave Troll with wide eyes.

Frodo gasped. Time seemed to still. The Troll had stabbed Frodo with the spear. The Fellowship turned to look at the Hobbit after hearing him. Gandalf spun around, horror in his eyes.

Merry and Pippin stood in shock. In a rage, they unsheathed their shortswords and jumped on the Troll's back, stabbing it repeatedly. The Troll howled in pain as it waved its hands around. "Frodo... Frodo!" Sam yelled before angrily slashing at an Orc with his pan and sword. The rest of the Fellowship, determined to finish the battle as they tore themselves out of the silent trance, began furiously battling the rest of the Goblins that charged at them. Frodo collapsed to the floor.

The Troll continued to flail its hands around, the younger Hobbits still on his back, driving blades into its skin as they shouted. It reached up, grabbing a hold of Merry as the Halfling dangled from its large hand. His shortsword dropped to the floor with a clatter as he screamed. As the Fellowship finished off the remaining Orcs, they focused on the Troll. Gimli rushed forward bravely, slashing the back of the Troll's leg with Durin's Axe. It turned around with a scream, trying to hit the Dwarf with its other hand. Gimli ducked, dodging the attack.

Gandalf slashed its arm as it did, causing it to stagger and drop Merry. Before the Halfling hit the floor, Legolas dashed across the stone to catch and set him down. The Wizard and Gimli continued to attack the Troll. As Gimli hacked its head as it leant down from Pippin still stabbing into its back, the Troll backhanded the Dwarf, leading him to stumble on the ground.

Eluin drew her bowstring, aiming at the Troll's head. Legolas was by her side instantly, mirroring her actions. One thought was shared between the Elves - its skin is too thick. Aim for the mouth. As Pippin mustered his strength and struck the Troll hard in its back, it threw its head back and shrieked in pain. Seeing the opening, the Elves took their shot. Two arrows, one tipped white, the other red, were sent flying, tracing clean lines through the air as they found their mark.

Finally, the arrows pierced through the inside of the Troll's mouth and brain, sticking out above its scalp. It fumbled, groaning in shock as it raised its hand to its face. The Fellowship backed up, watching the Troll with bated breaths. It lunged forward, succumbing to the injury and falling to the ground, dead. Pippin was launched off it upon impact, prompting Eluin to sprint forward and catch him. The Fellowship let out their breaths; the Cave Troll was dead.

With no time to celebrate, the Fellowship rushed towards Frodo. Eluin set Pippin down, the Halfing mumbling a quick 'thank you' before he scurried over to his friend. Gandalf raced in haste as Aragorn pulled himself up from being incapacitated by the Troll's attack and crawled over to Frodo. Sam walked over slowly, pain clouding in his eyes. "Oh no," Aragorn muttered, reaching for the Hobbit's body to face him upwards.

Their breaths hitched. As Aragorn rolled him over, Frodo groaned, very much alive, his shirt torn where the spear had stabbed him. Sam's eyes widened as he fastened his steps, dropping to his knees. Frodo began to gasp for air as Sam sighed in relief, "He's alive," Sam announced to the Fellowship. Gandalf let out his breath. "I'm all right. I'm not hurt," Frodo assured, hand on his chest as it heaved, looking around the companions who were blinking in confusion and shock.

"You should be dead! That spear would have skewered a wild boar," Aragorn observed, his voice with a tinge of astonishment. "I think there's more to this Hobbit... than meets the eye," Gandalf speculated as they looked at Frodo. The Ringbearer unbuttoned the top of his white shirt, as Bilbo's mithril shirt Gandalf mentioned the day before glimmered like silver underneath.

"Mithril! You are full of surprises, Master Baggins," Gimli exclaimed, thrilled to see the precious material. However, their smiles were wiped off their faces, hearing more screeches in the distance. They turned towards the entrance, seeing shadows of more Orcs approaching the chamber. Gandalf turned to them and commanded gravely, "To the Bridge of Khazad-dûm!"

The Fellowship wasted no time, gathering their belongings and bolting out the broken doors and back into the dark of Dwarrowdelf. Before they did, Boromir grabbed the torch Aragorn had thrown prior, the one Eluin had slung at an Orc. Passing its dead body, face melted off, and its own blade sticking out of its head, they ran as fast as they could. The companions heard the multiplied hollering of Goblins hot in their pursuit. Gandalf led them, crystal bright on his staff.

"This way!" Aragorn ushered the Hobbits. The wind rushed in their ears as they ran. Their eyes darted around, seeing Orcs spring out of cracks in the floor and walls. They poured out from the crevices in the ceiling, crawling down the stone pillars like spiders. However fast they ran, the Fellowship was completely surrounded. Gandalf skidded to a halt, causing them to do the same.

The companions glanced around. They were circled by screeching Orcs in all directions, their black armour clanking together with their swords drawn, the dull blades barely catching the light of Gandalf's crystal or the torch Boromir carried. The Hobbits' eyes filled with fear as Goblins snarled and leered at the companions, laughing with their strained squeals. The Fellowship had their weapons pointed at them, though they knew they could never fight their way out.

Ten companions against possibly hundreds of Orcs. They were utterly outnumbered.

➽───────────────✦

Elleth - Elf-woman

Ellon - Elf-man

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.7K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
201K 5.7K 50
Analise is a normal girl living a normal life until she meets someone who changes her life for ever when she meets a young handsome devilish mutant n...
689K 25.3K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
60.3K 1.6K 24
For Audrey Brooks it was all about revenge. Ending the man who ended your dreams and made your life hell. So when the opportunity presented itself in...