Dream Professor | Kim Minji...

By deathkidlvl

Minji finds herself trying to fulfill the dream of her favorite student. *TW: Self-Hard, Alcohol, Vulgar Lan... More

DREAM
JUVENILE
PROUD
IMPOSSIBLE
ADVICE
INNER CHILD
BIRTHDAY
PAST
THE EX
COCKBLOCKING
SHUTDOWN
SICK
SUSPICIOUS
HOME
KISS ASS
HUSH HUSH
UNWELL
CARETAKER
MAJOR
PARENTS
PITY YOU
SAKURA
SHARING
SORRY
CHANGE
FRIENDS?
COMFORTABLE
PLAN
KIM & KANG
MRS. KIM
DON'T BE MAD
FINAL WEEKS
WHATEVER YOU WANT
SCHOLARSHIP
WHAT THE F***
YOUR OWN GOOD
SABOTAGE
END UP LIKE THIS
SPLIT UP
EXAM
SUMMER WITHOUT YOU
MISS YOU
RENDEZVOUS
CHILDISH
SHIFT
FALL BREAK
GOING BACK
AUNTIE
MESS

VISITING

431 29 22
By deathkidlvl

Narrator

It was morning and everything was quiet for a while. Minji had reverted back to her observant professor state. While Y/n was cautious in a new home.

Y/n knew the professor had her best interest in mind, but Y/n had never been one to get accustomed to security. Even with Minji providing the basics, one thing Y/n never got accustomed to being provided was trust.

"How's the new house?" Minji finally broke the ice.

"It's not new. You usted to live here before me," Y/n sounded bitter.

"It's new to you. I'd like to know how you feel," Minji responded in the same tone.

"Everything is new to me. If I shared how I feel then we'd be stuck in some tension. Something I don't have time for. I'm only here for a few days," Y/n was being cautious with themselves.

- Minji POV -

I was excited when we first arrived home. Y/n ran around the house like a child being told they'd get an upgrade if we moved to a new city....

But, that mood quickly turned around.

It took me half a day to really figure out why and I don't like the reason.

"Fine," I scoffed.

I was too busy and Y/n was way too old to be acting like a non-well adjusted brat.

"Good," Y/n sighed.

A few hours went by, and I just watched as Y/n kept on with her homework and English lessons.

I honestly couldn't wait to get her into the company once she graduated her Ph.D program, but I was worried.

I was worried that Y/n would find change a bit much.

It was one thing for her to take on change willingly, but it was another for me to change things for her.

"Help me out for second," I finally gathered the courage to talk to Y/n about her behavior.

"I'm busy, Minji. Get on your next conference call or whatever it is you do at your parents' company," Y/n coldly responded.

"I'm still a professor, you know!" I raised my voice a bit.

Y/n looked up at me for a second, before shaking her head and returning her attention to her computer.

"Are you planning to stay an honorary one or will you still be teaching a class? I'll definitely need an easy grade when I come back home for my business studies," Y/n tightened her jaw as she avoided eye contact.

"Business studies? You're doing culture studies and psychology. Why would you come back home to do more school work?" I asked really confused.

Y/n had never mentioned this before. I almost felt like maybe I wasn't paying attention during any of our calls.

"I'm not eligible for a job at your company if I didn't study business, marketing, or Human Resources," Y/n sighed out.

"Who said that?" I furrowed my brows.

"I read the fine print," Y/n slightly closed her computer as she finally managed to meet my eyes.

"Is that so?" I leaned over to tease her.

I found it cute that she did so.

"Mhm, and honestly I can't take this whole change thing....," Y/n fully closed her laptop.

"I grew up with so much uncertainty and a lot of moving around. I grew up basically thinking that choas and dysfunction was part of life. I just... it's a lot... to have to keep up with you," She tried to meet my eyes as much as she could... but I could tell it was difficult for her....

I wanted to speak my mind too, but I had learned that I could wait.

Y/n's words were a bit more timely than mine.

"I- I- I- was just getting used to calling your apartment home and I was getting settled there. I'm not scared to take on challenges, like going to a different country to study, but I was just getting used to something called home. I wish I could say that you're home and I'll be okay wherever you are.... but that's not true... I liked the familiarity of getting out of bed and not having to wonder where the restroom was. I liked getting up and finding the same old ceiling. I like the luxury of finally getting to say 'I have that at home'...," Her honesty was making me hold my breath.

"Here... I don't really know where anything is... so I don't know if I have it..."

And there it was.

I had been as patient as I could for all of that.

Before, I got all of this in an essay or an answer on some test.... but I didn't have that luxury anymore...

- Y/N POV -

"Did I uproot you prematurely?" Minji suddenly asked.

I felt embarrassed.

I had no idea how to answer.

"I'll rephrase that," Minji suddenly cleared her throat.

My brain almost had a malfunction when she did that. I wasn't used to Minji speaking with such caution.

Maybe I was used to her talking things through with me, but I wasn't used to her trying to get down to the problem on her own.

"Did I overstep your boundaries by moving without your consent? I know we agreed to not really have a relationship while you were overseas, so I didn't really have to ask you, but I feel like I messed up," Minji tried to get a hold of my hand.

I couldn't really process it all, so I opted to not let her take my hand.

Minji trying to comfort me just brought me more anger.

"You did what you felt was best," I forced a smile.

"And there it is... you're lying to me..," Minji scoffed.

"I'm just distracted," I opted not to lie.

"I think you forget that I'm not that clueless anymore. I might not really understand or be able to empathize with you, but I really do value your emotions. I'm able to pick up on them often but I'm not a mind reader. I still need you tell me what's wrong," Minji suddenly cupped my face.

I pushed her hands away from me and took a deep breath.

"Fine!" I exhaled.

"I was just getting used to a place called home! I know that this place is way bigger and there's more things to do... but I liked home better... I could actually call it home!" I was upset.

"One year of a roof over my head and home cooked meals doesn't fix any of the many years where I didn't have that!" I was doing my best to keep my voice from cracking.

"I liked getting up next to my Dino collection and groggily walking to my private restroom to pee. I liked walking out of my room to find the same old furniture collecting dust because we were never home. I liked knowing that one of our kitchen drawers held cold medicine but we never knew which one it was so we'd have to go through every single one to find it. I just liked that my brain was finally learning what a home was like. Yes, I have a hard time with it and I get a headache every time anything 'home' related comes around.... but I was just learning to love it. I just wish I didn't have to relearn all those emotions in a new place," I tried not to cry.

- Minji POV -

I was kind of happy that I saw this coming.

I was actually really proud that I had prepared for this. Although, I honestly had to say that I had a little help with it....

Haerin and her new girlfriend Danielle had helped me a lot with it.

"I am still a part-time professor. So, don't worry about that. I will also make sure to move back home when you leave. The last thing I want... is being a hinder to your honest dreams...," I kissed Y/n's forehead.

"I don't want you to do everything for m-"

"Don't be silly. You ARE my dream," I chuckled.

"Your honest little mouth, and heart, say all the things I wish I could've said as a kid... why do you think I liked your writing so much?" I started to flirt.

"I thought it was because I was the only one who could-"

"Shut up and go learn how to make my room your new home," I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I can't really learn the customs of a new home if I don't know if I'm supposed to wear clothes or not."

-

-

-

-

-

Author's note: P.S just thinking to make conversation - Who's your bias?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 695 6
Hanni and Minji have a little awkward but intimate moment- that shouldn't make their hearts beat so fast, right? A short summer love story Bbangsaz a...
47.7K 2K 28
She stalks her and is inlove with her in the most infuriating way. "The sounds of her breathing as I lie beneath her bed in silence. Hanni Pham is mi...
9.3K 521 8
my one-night-stand with that gorgeous brunette should've barely been a blip on my radar. Instead, she's all I can think about. Her luscious curves. H...
343K 16.6K 47
Bitterness. Cold. Hotheaded. Are all things that Kim Minji, the young CEO, is familiar with. She's rich and successful, and very smart in managing th...