Puck, The Fine Lines |The Roc...

By prayersimeon

In light of my breakup last year really affected me in many ways but not every famous artist writes breakup s... More

Dedication
Characters aesthetic
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine (part one)
Chapter ten (part two)
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen part-two
Chapter Twenty
Author notes
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter Thirty-three

Chapter Eighteen part-one

0 0 0
By prayersimeon

Rochelle's pov

Everyone else was talking or looked at me like I was wearing something funny which made me feel uncomfortable until I spotted him standing there leaning against the wall from the corner of my eyes and then I made my way through the crowd of sweaty strangers dancing in a club. I was wearing anything out of the usual fashion style noted that I was wearing a silver dress, silver heels and had a couple of rings on my fingers.

Secondly, I had finally made my way to him through the crowds as I nervously looked down at the ground and then I felt his presence near me when he used his fingers to tilt my head up to look him right in his brown eyes whilst it feels like it was just the two of us in the club together and nobody else.

"Is my dress too short or is it too shiny?" I asked him self-consciously, assuming that he would say something like yes or i should cover up because my skin was showing.

Quite frankly, I assumed all of the negative comments were about to be said to me by him especially after I was used to being judged by my former boyfriend Tristan who had put me in a dark place where I questioned everything about myself except I was extremely shocked by watching his reaction ended up to be different than I expected it to be because his response made my heart flutter when those words came out of his mouth.

"Actually your dress looked stunningly striking on you." he spun me around until I was standing right in his arms and he offered me a hand as he asked me "Will you like to dance with me?"

He has this affects on me that every single time thatI was constantly overthinking he would quickly shut down those miserable thoughts that been inside my mind for the last twenty six minutes that i had arrives me here in this club by just being in his arms every single worries had vanished or whenever we go joyriding in his car whilst having really deep convansation with one another. My gosh, he was my cycle breaker of a bad relationship that I had been in like he was a tall, dark, mysteriously handsome man who had even managed to make me smile even on my darkest of days. Moreover, i think i was finally ready to let go of all my fears as every single part of me wanted to just cherish this moment that we were dancing right not anyone in the world could ever tear us apart.

I anxiously looked around the room"Are you sure?"

A chuckle escaped from his mouth as he said reassuringly to me." i alway fight for you and defend you from our demons."

In additions to this, i mouthed was perched from being a little bit thirsty as we both heard his friends calling him over to them so i walked straight toward my friends as we all were chatting amongst each other and then Jessa , Avenna and i decided to get a few drinks when suddenly a couple of boys in a group of three had approached us in this moment we had kindly declined the drinks that were sent our ways because we had watched too many teen dramas for us not to misses any of the warning signs since none of them were taking any hints i was so ready to get my pepper spray that Avenna's brothers had brought for all of us therefore i slowly took it out of my purse after i had began to look for the bottle of pepper spray now i was shoving some rando hand off of my left thigh. I wasn't even worried about myself nonetheless. I was really worried for Avenna and Jessa. You know it was a good thing that my dad decided to take me to a karate class to take some lessons.

"Some please call Mase, before I do something that i might regret-"

Usually i never believe in any sorts of violence except for when filthy men pft.. they were not even men but boys who didn't know how to be a decent person or they since to take a hint especially when i wore a ring to show them that i was taken by someone. There was nothing than i was more grateful for in the world that my father had taken to those lessons and somehow knowing in the future that i would needed to defend myself from similar because deep down i was so sick and tired of being taught how to behave like a proper woman in a society of some men who don't know how take no for an answers somewhat i wasn't afraid of the dark anymore after all, maybe my nightmare the another were methodically projetting my fears not to mentioned that Mason was the only one who save me in my nightmare for that i was truly grateful for that.

Interject Jessasym with raised eyebrows "Wait what? Why did you want me to call Mason?" asked Jessasym, a tad bit confused.

Everyone had a safeplace or haven right? But my safeplace was always to be in his arms no matter what hurricane came thrashing through our lives. Whenever I was lost or hurt I would call him.

And then it all happened very fast as my fist when flying toward as it landed i planted a punched on the rando boy face who had green eyes and light brown hair and then pinched his temple that caused him to be knocked out completely whilst my friends shoved including defend themselves from the rando boys friends just then i immediately saw Mase running to my aids to come rescue us with the whole hockey team Asher, Wyatt, Holden, Fletcher and Grayson. As he reached me then he pulled me into a massive bear hug next he kept checking to see if there were any bruises or marks that might be left on me from the fight. "What happened? Are you hurt because I swear to the almighty myself that I would get revenge on whoever has hurt you."

"No.. I'm doing just fine but the other person isn't."I admitted sheepishly to him.

A look of bewilderment painted on his face until I shifted my gaze onto my hot red swollen knuckle waiting for him to understand what I was implying silently to him through the glances of my eyes when one of my friends come to us. I think it was Natalia who said this "she defended herself out by knocking that creep down with one punch. You should be proud of her Mason just how I'm proud of her for teaching them a lesson because she is a prime example of strong and independent womanhood out there."He carefully took his hand in mine as he closely examined it, placing a kiss on it as we both stood up on our two feet.

he leaned close to my ears as he whispered softly while gently brushing my hair behind my ears "That's my girl! I'm very proud of you for punching the fork out of him."

All of our friends had a look of bafflement in their eyes. It must have been when they only just noticed us being in close proximity as they watched him give me a piggyback in front of him, swiftly yet skillfully picking me up to be in his arms. I realized that he was one of my biggest supporters throughout this methodical storm because he didn't judge me at all. At first it was a wonderwall of the ideas of us but then it turned into a wonderland where we got lost somewhere between the lines which we somehow ended up rushing into things as we felt too quickly for each other.

Slowly i was thinking about how people judge him so much saying that he was like a big, broody and sarcastic bad boy hockey player and yet he was more than what meets the eyes for instance, he had to taken care of his mum, two youngers brothers and himself by working as a illegal thrift drivers until he had gotten scouted for a small team whilst attending university including playing for a hockey team. Not once had he ever complained about life being unfair to him despite everyone shocked faces i didnt even cared about what their thoughts were about us because this moment being in his arms felt the most natural, organic and surreal in this instant nonetheless, i was extremely happy to say goodbye to our secrets relationship to finally go public even though, i wasn't how i quite pictured it in the back of my mind us telling all of our friends but either way, i was very glad that there was no more hiding our feeling for one another now.

"I bet if all of my aunts or other girls from school were here then they would judge me for being unladylike. But screw all of them including half of them weren't , a girl's girl if you know what i mean."I ranted on about how society set every girl in the universe an impossible standard and for what? "Wait -what did you say that you were proud of me?"

Done a double take being quite unsure of what to do as he saw his bright smile which made me smile and he gently said whilst staring into my eyes "of course i am proud of my girl. Why would I be mad at you for standing up and defending yourself? If it is in any constellation then heck, I would have punched him myself too." he paused for a brief moment while never letting his gaze on me lingered away. "It's always going to be me and you forever in infinity because my songbird you just being you had continuously made my day yearly ever since i had first lay eyes on you."

This trip to the nightclub wasn't even lit yet we were having all of our friends asked us a few questions out of a curiosity about when we had started dating until I had enough of just sitting here as we got hanged an homemade ice pack by the lovely bartender guy who didn't serve us any of the drinks that the random guy had ordered for us. I didn't even get kicked out because there were multiple CCTV footage in the club showing the video.

"Congrats guys but not to be a bummer about things except that I think we should go somewhere because the night is still young," said Natalia, who high-fived me.

It was only ten o'clock at dusk before going. We needed to do something so merriment that let us forget about the rubbish exes, a creepo tried to touch me on the leg, and the pressure of parents and teachers always expected us to outperform our peers.

"Why don't we just go to the store first to supply for a bonfire night on the beach?" I suggested it to everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 410 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?
194K 3.9K 36
Being in an abusive relationship is hard, but leaving is even harder. I never thought my sweet, charming boyfriend I met freshman year of college wou...
2.8K 689 59
Love is like a second hand emotion, its like taking a conscious leap into a never ending well with the intention of wanting to land safely at the bot...
59.5K 2.3K 68
Life is Freedom. You make your own choices, good or bad. You choose the people you surround yourself with, whether they bring out the best in you or...