Anthony Lockwood X Reader

Da ladysunfl0wer

From the series of Lockwood and Co. You are Y/n Carlyle, you run away from home after that terrible accident... Altro

Chapter 1- This will be us
Chapter 2- Let go of me
Chapter 3- Doubt Thou The Stars
Chapter 4- Sweet dreams
Chapter 5- Death is coming
Chapter 6- I never wanted to say
Chapter 8- Not the eternal

Chapter 7- Mesmerized

37 3 1
Da ladysunfl0wer

George walked along the dark and empty river side holding the ghost hunting bag. He stopped near a phone and looked behind himself occasionally to make sure he wasn't followed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lockwood and Y/n were inside a taxi to go the the river. 

"Is anyone following?" Lockwood asked. 

"No. But I wouldn't put it past Kipps and that maniac from the library." Y/n answered. "Do you think Penelope saw us?"

"Well, after tonight, I think we both will be off her Christmas Card list." Lockwood chuckled.

"Did you see the box she gave him? It had that symbol on it. The one George found on Fairfax's goggles." Y/n said quietly. 

"What, the harp?" He asked quietly. 

"Yes." Y/n said as she shifted closer to him. "And we know what a certified prick he turned out to be." 

 "Still, we got the book." Lockwood said

Y/n smiled and blushed a bit remembering what happened in Black Library. "We did."

"Let's find the bone glass." Lockwood murmurs and squeezed Y/n's hand. "Let's finish this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George continued walking along the river. When he was suddenly pulled into a corner, he turned around to see Flo. 

"Evening, Karim. Best stay out of sight. Don't want to get spotted." Flo said. 

"Why are we here? The auction is miles away."  George reprimanded. 

"Winkman's goons are everywhere. Any closer, and they'll see us." Flo said. 

Flo looked behind him and saw Lockwood and Y/n running towards them. Y/n still had no idea how she was running with heels on.

"Oh Jesus, look at the smile on their faces. This won't end well." Flo groaned. 

"You're late." George huffed. 

"Sorry, things got a bit weird. Hey Flo." Y/n smiled. 

"Did you get the Dulac book?" George asked.

"Yeah, of course we did. Now, what's the plan?" Lockwood asked breathing heavily his hand still in Y/n's.

"The auction's starting any minute and Winkman's locked down the street." George said. "So, basically, we're screwed."

"Oh, have a little faith, George. London's not just street, you know? Now, stay close and no talking." Flo said as if she was the mother talking to her kids. 

The four ran to the docks where Flo took them to the auction on her boat. 

"I don't know why I didn't think of this." Lockwood said laughing. 

"It's what you pay me for, Locky." Flo said. 

They finally reached the auction site the boat quietly and stealthily cruised along the river. and throttled to the docks. Flo tossed a rope to one of the poles and began tying a knot so that Lockwood and Y/n could get off. 

"Is this it? Looks deserted." George comments. 

"That gangway takes you to the back of Fothergill's." Flo instructs. "No entrance to the street, but there's a hatch in the basement. It's unlocked, I have made sure. Get in, get out, and get back. But give me a warning. I can't wait out here. It's way too exposed, radio me." 

"You're the best, Flo." Lockwood grinned and began to get out of the boat. 

"Hold up. I need one of you to stay." Flo said. "Whatever you do. You're going to come out hot. To get away quicker, I need someone else to do this shit."

"We could draw straws." Y/n shrugged. 

Lockwood looked at George silently. "Don't be kind. It's unbearable. It's clearly me." George rolled his eyes. 

"You don't mind?" Lockwood checks. 

"Of course I mind. But who gives a shit? This is Bickerstaff's bone glass. We have to get it." George said. "Don't mess this up." George warned. 

Lockwood nods and climbed up. Y/n looks at Flo.

"Be careful." Flo warns. "They're a lot worse than ghosts."

Y/n smiled and nodded and took Lockwood's hand who helped her up.

The two ran across the bridge silently, Y/n staying quiet somehow in her heels. They reached the alley and Lockwood opened up the door and dropped the rapier bags and Y/n handed him hers and she climbed through. Lockwood gave Y/n her rapier belt which she cinched across her waist and took her rapier from Lockwood and pushed it through it's sheath.

Lockwood fixed his coat over his rapier and attempted to open the door. 

"And it's locked." Lockwood said. 

"Bring that one. Hurry up." A voice said. 

More voices came through and Y/n grabbed their bags and tossed one to Lockwood, the two hid behind the farthest column and Y/n hid behind a barrel. 

"Put it there." A man orders. "Shit. The hatch is unlocked. If Julius sees this..."

Y/n noticed her rapier was in view, she quickly snatched it back up. 

"Right, let's get the other one." A man said.

"Yeah. Just give me a sec." Another man said coughing. 

Lockwood glanced down at Y/n who was on the floor, peeking out to see if it was safe.

"On the other side of that door, there's about 30 blokes who'll kill you. Two sets of footprints. And I got a glimpse of a rapier back there." The man said and Y/n winced at the last part. "You've got three seconds to come out." 

Y/n looked at Lockwood and shook her head 'no'. Lockwood nodded 'yes' at her in reassurance. 

Lockwood walked out from the pillar and Y/n walked out from behind the barrel. 

"Jesus, you're children." The man said shook.

"We're agents. Working on the behalf of DEPRAC." Lockwood said. "As I assume you are too."

"You're undercover? How many other agents are here?" Y/n asked.

"None. Including you. You're leaving, now." The man orders. 

"We can help each other out. We're here to get the mirror too." Lockwood said. 

"I'm here to infiltrate Winkman's organization. You're not messing that up." The man said strictly. 

"You don't understand. This mirror-" Lockwood starts. 

"Listen to me. I have a wife and daughter who I haven't seen in 5 months. This is my job. Do you have the first clue who these people are? What they do to their enemies?" The  man lectured. 

"What's in those drums?" Y/n asked curiously. 

"You don't wanna know." The man said carefully. 

"And the padlock?" Y/n asked. 

"I don't have the key." 

"We are not leaving without the mirror." Lockwood said stubbornly.

"I'm a DEPRAC officer, and I am ordering you. Get out before you get us all killed." The man said.

"Straight out of here. There is a door to the docks, I'm gonna leave and walk right past it. Once the guards have moved, make a run for it an don't look back. This is all I can do for you, if it goes wrong. I can't help you." The man said.

The man opened the door and walked out.

Y/n looked at Lockwood who was panting.

"Okay..." Lockwood mumbles and walked to the door and opened it cautiously. Y/n pressed against him as she looked as well.

"Give us a hand?" The agent requests.

"We're meant to stay here." The guard said.

"Mr. Winkman said it's fine, come on." The agent ushers.

They left and Lockwood nods at Y/n and they walk out.

Y/n looked around to make sure no one was there and rushed to the said the door.

"Come on, quickly." Y/n whispered to Lockwood. 

Y/n saw the gates to the docks. "Oh, this is it. Come on, we can make it." Y/n said and looked at Lockwood. "What are you doing? Don't just stand there." Y/n scolds. "No, no way. You're not doing this."

"I can't stop now. I have to get the mirror." Lockwood told her.

"We have to get out and call DEPRAC. We're not trained for this." Y/n objects. 

Lockwood just gave her a look.

"Come on. He's taken a risk for us." Y/n said frustrated. 

"Go." Lockwood told her. "I have to stay."

Y/n heard the whistling of the guards. 

"Oh for god's sake, this guy is the king of making bad decisions." She groaned and walked past Lockwood to the door, who closed it behind them and watched. 

People stepped out wearing cloaks and faces probably hidden.

"They're wearing cloaks." Lockwood whispered and closed the door.

"What are you doing? We could have made it!" Y/n whisper shouts. 

"You should've gone. I never asked you to wait. I told you to go." Lockwood said taking something out of his coat pocket.

"Oh, alright. You just expect me to walk out of here without you, huh?" Y/n scoffed. "Leave you to die and never look back?" 

"George, we're gonna need another exit." Lockwood said through the radio. "George?"

"Oh my god." Y/n mutters running a hand through her hair out of stress. "You're incredible, you know that? The way you just...lie to yourself like that." 

"What are you talking about?" Lockwood asked walking to the back.

"Where do I start? This job has gotten so out of control. And you just...refuse to acknowledge that." Y/n said frustrated as she watched Lockwood walk around. "All you care about is winning. It's...it's an obsession."

"Yeah, of course I care about winning. I have to. I don't have anyone around me to pick up the pieces if I fall." Lockwood said looking through one of the crates.

"Okay." Y/n scoffed. 

"If there are things I haven't told you about myself, it's probably for your own good." Lockwood said and pulled out a cloak.

"Bullshit." Y/n said and walked towards him. "Two hours ago, at that party, you were petrified at the thought of me leaving you. You made me believe that you and George cared about me, and that we were actually friends. A family. But Lockwood & Co., can never be that because at the center of it is you. And the center of it is just a--" Y/n said but Lockwood interrupts.

"Is what?" Lockwood demands. "A cold, dead heart of stone?"

"Yeah, maybe." Y/n said. "But who knows though? Cause you don't actually show anyone." 

"Nothing good comes from letting people in." Lockwood said softly. "Everything ends and everyone leaves. When my time comes, I don't plan on leaving anyone behind, who's gonna lie there every night wishing that I would walk through that door one more time."

"Well then you should have never let me or George in. Cause I care about you, George too, and I don't want to leave." Y/n said tears in her eyes. "It's far too late for that."

Lockwood eyes softened a bit. "There are two men out there due back here any minute with a barrel. I don't plan on either of us ending up in it." Lockwood said and picked up a cloak. "Whatever else you have to say about me, Y/n, is going to have to wait. Put this on." He said and gave her the cloak. Y/n just stared at him. "Y/n, please."

~with the queen and the innocent child~

Flo's boat was hidden under a mist. 

"We got lucky with this mist, Winkman's boys won't spot us if we just hang back." Flo said. "You alright, Georgie? Can I call you that?"

"You're keeping track of where we are?" George asked. 

"I've got it." Flo nods. "Chill, we'll be there when they call. Any idea how long it's going to take? Didn't want to mention it to Locky, but I am a bit double-booked. I had a tip, something about Greenwich way. If Locky will take a while, we could pop over."

 "Are you joking? We need to be there when they come out." George sighed. 

"I won't leave them stranded, Georgie." She rolled her eyes. "Just sayin', since we're doin' nothin'-"

"What's the other item?" George interrupts. "A possessed toothbrush? A mesmeric old boot?"

"Shh! Do you hear that?" Flo interrupts.

"What is it? It can't be a visitor." George mumbled panicky. "No ton running water."

"The world's bigger than the problem, Georgie."

"Are you sure you saw something?" He asked looking over the boat.

"Georgie, where are you?" 

"I'm on a boat with a nutter."

"But where are you?" Flo asked ignoring his comment.

"I'm on the river."

"But where?"

"I don't know!" George shouts.

"You're with me, and you're safe." Flo assured. "So put your rapier down."

George sheathed the rapier back and sat down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lockwood and Y/n stood at the entrance wearing the ugly green cloaks.

The elevator opened and they stepped out. Y/n turned around to look at the scene cautiously. 

"Hold it together." Lockwood whispered to her once he noticed her hesitancy. 

"You hold it together." Y/n argued quietly. 

 The pair walked through another set of doors, which closed behind them and Y/n stiffened.

Adelaide stepped out in front of them wearing a black dress, a snake necklace and her hair curled. Y/n almost gasped in fear when she saw her. Adelaide stared at the pair silently, observing them.

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen." Julius said.

Adelaide smiled at them as Julius continued speaking.

"Welcome, stragglers." Adelaide gestured to the auction room. "Have fun." She said and held their number card.

Lockwood took it from her and she stepped back, allowing them to go through. The pair stepped in to the auction room where hundreds of people stood watching Julius speak. They moved through the sea of people.

The people began to shout at Julius to show them the mirror. Adelaide and Julius looked at each other.

"Of course you do." Adelaide said holding her hands up to stop them from speaking. "And here she is. That rarity. The piece that has so exercised the hard-working people at DEPRAC these past few days. Recovered, at great cost from the grave of the visionary genius, Sir Edmund Bickerstaff." Adelaide said and watched as Julius placed it on the pedestal.

Everyone walked forward to look at it better.

"We present to you...his bone glass." Adelaide said and the metal net was pulled off. 

The sound of flies buzzing instantly filled Y/n's ear and she felt wave of nausea. 

Y/n's hand instantly found Lockwood's as she leaned closer to him gripping his hand tightly in pain.

The poor kids in front stood petrified as they closed their ears in pain.

"A truly lethal item." Julius said. "The mirror surface itself, which has been covered for your protection, exudes a mesmeric attraction more powerful..." Julius continues.

Lockwood looks through his suit's pockets. 

"There's too many people, let's stay quiet and see who buys it." Y/n whispered to Lockwood. 

Lockwood gave Y/n some flares. "Flares? What am I supposed to do with this?"

"I need a distraction to get to the mirror." Lockwood whispered. "Look out, I'll give you a signal." 

"Bone fragments were inset..." Julius said. 

"This is insane." Y/n mutters.

Lockwood followed a group of people who were moving to the front.

"Your canaries can now approach." Julius said to the children.

"No, they are babies, they can't handle this..." Y/n whispers to herself. 

The children were pushed up to the stage, they were all crying and covering their ears in pain and fright.

"No!" A girl screamed as Julius attempted to turn her.

"Don't make me hurt you." He whispered dangerously. 

Y/n winced as she heard the children scream.

Two girls ran off the stage.

"A most emphatic endorsement of authenticity." Julius said. "I'm sure you will all agree. So, why don't we start the bidding? At 50,000 pounds!"

A number of people held up their numbers as Adelaide covered the mirror up.

"50 in the front straightway. Thank you, madam. 50. 60. Thank you. 70. 70 in the back. Do I hear 80?"

~with the cinnamon rolls who can kill you~

"Flo? Flo I think we're drifting." George said worriedly as Flo poured to shot glasses of alcohol. "Have we lost position?"

"I doubt it." Flo said annoyed. "Don't worry, I will check in a minute."

Flo walked to him with the glasses. "Drink, it'll keep you warm."

George took the glass, sat down and drank a sip.

"Doesn't it get lonely?" George wonders. "The solitary relic woman life?"

"Mathilda looks after me." Flo answers. "And solitary is why I like it. That and the running water. Less ghosts. But it's also good for work. The number of goodies dumped in the river over the centuries."

"You mean lethal sources." George asked. 

"Not just sources. Treasured things. Once loved, now thrown away. Like this." Flo took out a ribbon and tied it around her hair.

"That's...lovely." George said.

"Found it round the neck of a drowned Dalmation. Hah! Who were it best?" Flo snickered. 

"You did." George said.

Flo looked up once she heard a chirping. "No way." She gasped. 

George looked confused and worried. 

"I saw a heron!" Flo said excitedly. "Oh, that's what it was back there. Did you see it?"

"No. A heron?" 

"You ever seen one up close? They're beautiful. Wildest things you ever saw." Flo said in awe. "Must be nesting down Greenwich docks again."

Flo rushed to the helm to drive the boat. 

"You want to abandon the mission to go bird watching?" George asked incredulously. "What game are you playing?"

"Nature's infinite, majesty, Georgie. Cuts through all the bullshit." Flo said excited. 

"Flo, no, no! We're staying here for the mirror." George said seriously. 

"I know that. But you were right. We have drifted. And I need to get us back on position, so let go." Flo said. 

George let go of the wheel and walked out. Flo turned the boat around. 

~with the other two cinnamon rolls~

"Looking for 120. Thank you. Looking for 130 now. Thank you. Can I get a 140? 140 there, thank you very much." Julius said and continued pointing at different people.

"500,000 pounds." A voice said. 

"What?" A person gasped. 

"Surely not..."

"500,000 pounds." The person repeats. 

"Thank you very much, sir." Julius said. 

"Can I get 520? 520 anyone?" Julius asked and no one raised their hands.

"Last chance, 520? No? Going once...Going twice..." 

Lockwood raised the number. 

"Thank you very much, sir." Julius said to Lockwood. 

"What's he doing?" Y/n wonders. 

"550." A man said glaring at Lockwood. 

"600." Lockwood said. 

"650." The man said. 

Adelaide whispered something to Julius.

"Uh...gentlemen, your enthusiasm for this exceeds my high expectations. Might I ask that you approach and provide proof of means before we proceed?" Julius asked politely. 

"Just formality, of course, gentlemen." Adelaide said. 

The man handed Julius his number and received a package.

Lockwood gave his number and searched through his pockets. He looked at Y/n who was attempting to light the lighter. 

"In your own time, sir." Julius assured. 

"He's got a rapier. He's an agent!" Adelaide screams. 

"Shit. Come on, Come on." Y/n whimpered. 

Meanwhile, Julius had taken off Lockwood's mask.

"Shit. You?" Julius snarled. 

"Where's the other one? There were two of them. FIND HER!" Adelaide screams. 

Y/n finally managed to light the flares and she threw it. It exploded and Adelaide was flung back.

Lockwood took the mirror. And black smoke began to come out of the source. Julius glared at Lockwood who smirked and grabbed Y/n as the two ran off while the others ran away.

 Y/n attempted to open of the doors. "How do we get out of here?" Y/n asked. "It's padlocked!"

"Down here!" Julius' voice said. 

Lockwood and Y/n watched as Julius walked down the hall. Y/n pulled out her rapier, pointing it at them.

"Easy, now." Julius said. 

"Lockwood?" Y/n whispers. 

"It's okay." Lockwood whispered back. "Give me the rapier." Y/n gave him the rapier shakily and he took it pointing it at them. 

"Give me the bone glass, and I'll make this quick." Julius said.

Lockwood looked at the DEPRAC agent who shook his head at them.

"Do you know him, do ya?" Julius asked him noticing the exhange.

"No, boss." The agent replied.

"You sure about that?"

"Yes, boss." 

"Convince me." Julius said hinting he wants the agent to kill them.

"What?" Y/n asked. 

The man walked towards them menacingly. Lockwood moved back still pointing his rapier. Y/n looked at him with wide eyes. 

The man swung his sword at them and broke the locks. Lockwood and Y/n immediately rushe dout.

"I knew it, you snake." Julius snarled. 

"Stay back! I'm a DEPRAC agent. This place is surrounded. Lay down your weapons." The agent demands.

"You got family, mate, I'm gonna find 'em." Julius threatens. 

"Get him!" Julius commands.

Lockwood watched as the man was killed, the elevator opened. Lockwood could only watch as the Y/n risked his life for them.

"Come on, Lockwood!" Y/n gasped as she pulled him to the elevator.

The door closed, the two breathed heavily. Y/n rushed forward and pressed the last floor. Y/n rushed to Lockwood and took his walkie-talke.

"George?" She spoke. "We really need help." Y/n pleads. "George! Come on." Y/n whimpers. "Shit! They've radioed up! They're stopping the lift at four. They know we're coming. We need to get out of here now!" Y/n panicked and pressed the open doors button desperately. 

She grabbed Lockwood by the hand and walked out of the elevator. "Where are the other sources." She mutters and looked through Lockwood's bag, she got one and threw it into the elevator, the doors closed and the ghost came out. Y/n took Lockwood again and gently pushed him through the emergency staircase. She helped him up the stairs and let him go through the second flight, once he reached the top he simply leaned against the wall, still in shock.

"Lockwood, snap out of it! Please!" Y/n said urgently once she noticed he wasn't following.

"They just killed him like that." Lockwood said wide-eyed.

"I know. Very traumatic. We NEED to go." Y/n said urgently as she grabbed his hand attempting to pull him to the stairs, but he wouldn't budge.

"What did he die for?" He whispered. 

"They're bastards!" Y/n exclaimed. 

"It's because I am." Lockwood said sadly.

"Lockwood, please, Lockwood. You can't do this right now." Y/n pleads. 

"They're up there!" A man shouts.

"Lockwood look at me!" Y/n said as she cupped his face gently in her hands as his rested on her waist, his forehead pressed against hers.

"Up these stairs!" The man shouts.

"Yeah? You were right. The mirror is too important. Now please, please just get back to being a flippant dickhead I love and get us through this." Y/n pleads not even caring how close they are.

Lockwood nods as Y/n let go of his face and took out another source from the bag and threw it down the stairs as Julius screamed at them.

Y/n grabbed Lockwood and they rushed up the stairs. 

"Run!" She gasps. 

~with Georgie and Flo~

George stared into nothing as he took out the sweet he had earlier, he took out a piece of paper which said 'we write our own destiny. We become what we do.' 

George heard Flo sit down across him. "Has any of your colleagues told you that you look really unwell? And seem a bit obsessed with the mirror?" 

~time skip where the queen told Georgie that he was obsessed with the bone glass~

"George? George!" Y/n's voice called from the radio. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes! Are you at the pontoon?" Flo asked relieved as she joined him.

"George, can you hear us?" Y/n asked desperately. 

"Y/n!" George radioed. 

"Let's go and get them." Flo said. 

"What about everything you just said?" George asked concerned. "They'll have it."

"I'll be with you, and Locky will have a hold on it." Flo assured. "You're an agent. You've got this."

The two then climbed into the steering section of the boat. Flo steered the boat back to the docks. 

~with Lockwood and Y/n~

Y/n and Lockwood reached the terrace of the building. 

"George?" Y/n called into the radio. "Oh, George, come on, please!" 

Lockwood ran to the side of the terrace. Y/n following immediately. 

"It is carnage down there." A man's voice said. "An impressive way to announce yourselves, that's two parties you've ruined tonight."

"You were at the ball?" Lockwood asked. 

The man lifted the hood revealing the man who they fought at the Black Library.

"You must be Lockwood & Co." He said.

"You're that tosser with the golden blade." Y/n said.

"The 'Golden Blade', I quite like that." The man said.

"How do you know who we are?" Lockwood asked. 

"Oh, it's the least of what I know about you...Anthony." He said in a menacing voice. "Now..." He pulled out his rapier and Y/n pulled out hers, "give me my bone glass."

The man swung his blade at them. Y/n moved in front of Lockwood and the two began fighting with their rapiers. Lockwood threw a pipe at him, but he easily deflected it. The two began fighting again but he kicked Y/n in the side, Y/n moved back a few steps and clutched her side in pain. He began fighting her again but as Y/n was about to take him by surprise, she was grabbed from behind and he aimed his rapier at her neck, she struggled against him.

"Not quite up to the big leagues, are you? You've got ambition at least." He whispers in her ear.

Y/n finally got out of his grip by elbowing him. The two started duelling once again. 

"Sets you apart from the bottom feeders, like that DEPRAC agent." He cornered Y/n and she was pressed against the wall with blade against her neck again.

"Why would anyone do such a dangerous job for such little money?" He asked Y/n.

"That's enough about him." Lockwood calls behind him. He threw the pipe at him which he deflects again.

Y/n threw her rapier at Lockwood who caught it flawlessly. 

"Get over it. I've already told Winkman who he was." The man said. "I think they were planning on killing him on stage as the finale. You really ruined the end of that auction."

"You told him?" Lockwood asked. "How did you know? Who are you? Are you Fittes?"

"I'm the iron in your sword. I'm the flame that keeps the furnaces burning." He said and pointed his blades at Lockwood. 

"Oh, shut up." Lockwood said and lunged at him. The two were dueling now. Lockwood ended up stealing one of his rapiers.

"Enthusiasm and technique." The man observed. 

"Enough to put you on the ground, you pretentious prick." Lockwood said. 

The man smirked. Lockwood threw his other sword and the two started dueling again.

Lockwood deflected his moves easily until his rapier broke. But it was too late, Lockwood's rapier was knocked out of his hand and the man's blade was pointed at his neck.

"Oops." The man chuckled. 

Y/n appeared and knocked his blade out of his hand then knocking him out. Lockwood looked at her in shock. Lockwood grabbed her rapier and rushed out as Y/n followed throwing the pipe away.

The two ran down the bridge. "Drainpipe. We can climb down." He calls to her. The two reached the edge and looked down. It was quite far down, Y/n gulped in fear.

"That can't be our escape." Y/n frowned. 

"Y/n? Y/n we're here, where are you?" George asked in the radio.

Y/n's eyes widened and she ran behind a structure, Lockwood followed her. "George, we're on the roof. There's no way we're getting down on the pontoon." Y/n said into the radio.

"Come closer. We're going to have to throw it to you. Do you copy?" Lockwood spoke. 

"What if I lose it in the river?" George asked worried. 

"You won't. Plus we don't have another choice, you're going to have to trust us." Lockwood said. "It has to come down to you now. Catch it, and get it to DEPRAC. We're gonna fin dour way home. Do you copy?"

"I copy. I copy." George said. 

"George, help with the net." Flo calls.

George rushed to Flo.

Lockwood looked at Y/n and nodded at her. They looked up and sure enough the man was standing there, looking around. They climbed on one of the structures, and ran across each one. All of a sudden, the man appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Lockwood. His rapier fell out of his hands and Lockwood passed the mirror to Y/n who caught it and rushed to the edge. 

The man punched Lockwood in the face and the two continued fighting. Y/n threw the mirror once she saw Flo and George, it landed perfectly on the net and they collected it as Flo drove the boat away at George's command. 

Y/n turned around to look at Lockwood and the man. Lockwood rushed to Y/n's side. The man got up and pointed his rapier at him. Lockwood pushed Y/n behind him, protecting her.

"That was mine." He growled. 

"Oh Jesus, give up!" Lockwood said annoyed. "The bone glass is with DEPRAC now, it's over."

"You don't understand the game at all, do you?" The man asked.

Lockwood climbed on the edge.

"No. No, no, no." Y/n denied. "No, Lockwood." 

"Y/n, he'll kill you." Lockwood pleads.

Y/n took Lockwood's hand and he pulled her up. 

They looked down at the edge, Y/n looked terrified while Lockwood was smiling, then they jumped. 

~with Flo and George~

Flo and George walked down the street to DEPRAC headquarters. Flo dragged her bicycle with her and she reached into her bag to pull out the mirror.

"You're not coming in?" George asked. 

"Not sure they'll let me out again." Flo said. "Come on. You're strong enough, you're literally at the door."

"Yeah." George said and took the mirror clutched it close to his chest.

"I did have another idea though. What if we take Mathilda out to the Medway? Forget this lot." Flo suggests. "We'll drop it in where it's so deep, no one will ever find it. And afterwards, maybe we can check out this little island. There's herons resting on it." Flo said and George looked down conflicted. "Or whatever." Flo said assuring him that it didn't matter what his decision was.

"You're here already..." Flo trails off.

"It's just...the plan." George whispers conflicted. 

Flo smiles and nods. "Yeah." She chuckled. "Cool." She began to drag her cycle away. "See ya!" She shouts and climbed on it, riding away.

George gulped and walked to the doors of the head quarters. But he immediately ran outside. "Flo?" He calls. "Flo! You and me! Herons! Let's do it!" He shouts.

But Flo was too far away to hear him. George sighed a bit. He stared at the doors silently. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lockwood and Y/n gasped for air as they walked up to the shores. Y/n collapsed to the shore out of tiredness and Lockwood flopped down next to her. Y/n took in deep breaths of air, her make up was smudged a bit. Her dress clung to her body. Lockwood glanced at Y/n and got up, he held his hand out to her, she grasped it and he helped pull her tired body up. They stared at each other for a few seconds clinging to each other.

Y/n frowned, remembering she was mad at him, she pushed him away and she hugged herself as she walked away from him. Lockwood watched her walk away.

~with George~

George looked down at the mirror, breathing heavily. The sound of flies buzzing filled his ears and he let greed take over his mind and he walked away. 

~end of chapter~

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

35.1K 537 15
Lucy gets an invitation to her sister's wedding, and so did the rest of Lockwood & Co., resulting in a trip to meet Lucy's family and a couple old fr...
6.3K 266 24
More short little stories about our favorite couple.
27.6K 602 12
Lockwood & Co. is off on another case when things take an unexpected turn and one of the agents is put in grave danger. The remaining two must use wh...
23.1K 486 36
During the fight over the Bone Glass, Lockwood never got shot. But after the fight was seemingly over, when they reached the surface Lucy was shot by...