ɪɴꜱᴀᴛɪᴀʙʟᴇ ʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ || (𝑰𝑰𝑫�...

By Jooglemonoro

Onikubo Ourei is an unusual girl, no matter how much she eats, she never seems to be full, even more unusual... More

Pre-information
- ᴡʜʏ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴇxᴀᴍ -
- ᴍʏ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʏ -
- ᴀ ʜᴜɢᴇ ᴛᴇꜱᴛ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ? -
- ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ -
- ᴀ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀʀ ᴅᴀʏ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇꜱ! -
- ᴇɢᴏ: ʙᴏᴏꜱᴛ -
- ᴄʟᴀꜱꜱ ᴘʀᴇꜱɪᴅᴇɴᴛ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘᴏʀᴛꜱ ꜰᴇꜱᴛɪᴠᴀʟ -
- ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴛɪᴍᴇ... -
- ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪɴᴀʟ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ -
- ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ! -
- ᴀɴ ᴜᴘꜱᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ -
- Let me know? -
- ʜᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍ -
- ʜᴇʀᴏ ɴᴀᴍᴇꜱ -
- ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴇᴅɢᴇꜱʜᴏᴛ -
- ʜᴏꜱᴜ! -
- ᴀɴ ᴇᴠɪʟ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ -
- ᴅᴏɴᴇ -
-ᴀ ꜱʜᴏʀᴛ ʜᴏꜱᴘɪᴛᴀʟ ᴛʀɪᴘ-
- ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ!-
- ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɢᴜᴇꜱᴛꜱ -
- ɪɴꜱɪɢɴɪꜰɪᴄᴀɴᴛ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍꜱ -
-ᴀ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ʙʟᴏɴᴅᴇ ɢᴜʏ -
- ᴀ ᴘʜᴏᴛᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴅɢᴇꜱʜᴏᴛ -
- ꜱʜᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ! -
- ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ -
- ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ -
- ʙᴇɢɪɴ -
- ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ...-
- ᴋᴏᴛᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪᴅᴏʀɪʏᴀ -
- ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏᴡ? -
- ɴᴀʜɴᴀʜɴᴀʜɴᴀʜ -
- ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ? -
Short break
- ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴜꜱɪɴɢ -

- ꜱʜᴀᴍᴇ -

61 3 4
By Jooglemonoro

(unrelated tokoyami art)

I look around, where are they!!?!?

I spot Tsuyu and Ochako, as well as---

Midoriya, Shoji and Todoroki!

I fly over to them, just as Tsuyu launches the three of them with her tongue, toward a man in a yellow overcoat.

I land on the floor next to Ochako and Tsuyu, who jump at my sudden appearance.

"Rei-chan!" Ochako exclaims.

"Rei...." Tsuyu ribbits.

"What's happening, are you two okay?" I ask.  I gasp as I see a harsh wound on Ochako's arm.

"I'm fine, that guy--a villain! He took Bakugo and Tokoyami." She says quickly, clutching her wound.

Tokoyami?

"Come on, let's get to the facility!" She holds her hand out.

"I'll be back soon, be careful on the way to the facility!" I shout as I transform into gas state, flying upward.

I see spikes of ice coming out of the ground.

Todoroki, Midoriya and Shouji on the floor, surrounded by villains.

"Midoriya!" I yell as I appear on the ground.

"Onikubo? Why are you here?!" Midoriya shouts.

Suddenly, he falls to the ground, pinned down by a cute girl wearing a uniform, she held a knife over him, her arm swung back.

I sprint over to Midoriya, sending a flying kick to the girl's side, knocking her over. 

Grabbing Midoriya's arm, I pull him using all my strength, dragging him away behind me.

"Are you okay, Midoriya?!" I ask.

"I'm fine!" He calls out.

"Tch...." The girl mutters, looking at me with a deadly look, she stands up, swinging her knife back and running to me. 

I transform as her knife slashes---- right through me. My fist hitting her solar plexus. She stumbles, coughing.

Shoji comes running over to us, knocking the girl back, into the bushes before she can stand up.

"The three of you, We're done! He gave away his best trick. I'm not sure what your Quirk is, but it had to do with those little marbles, right? The ones you'd stashed in your pocket. So I'm guessing these are Tokoyami and Bakugo." Shoji holds up two marbles.

I gasp.

"You rescued them!" Midoriya shouts, standing up.

"Ha, ha, ha! Well, color me impressed. Just as I'd expect from someone with so many hands. How splendid!" The man wearing an overcoat and mask laughs.

"Alright, he's done it!" Todoroki comes running to us.

Suddenly, a familiar purple-black mist spawns in front of us.

"This guy, he was at USJ.." Shoji says.

"Let's go, Dabi."

"Sorry, Izuku. But I'll see you later, 'kay?" The girl from earlier disappears into the mist.

"Hold on. We're not leavin' without the kid." The man named Dabi says.

"Don't worry. They were so proud of themselves for rooting through my pockets that I thought I'd let them gloat."

He opens his mouth, taking off his mask, revealing two small marbles.

Tokoyami??!?

"That's right. During the freezing att*ck, I prepared dummies and slipped them into my right pocket." He puts his mask back on.

"You can't do this!" Midoriya shouts.

I transform into oxygen and fly toward him, reaching for his mask.

"One last bow. And then the curtain fal--"

THOOM

A bright beam of light, causes my hand to stumble, the man's mask is ripped through.

The marbles!

I reach my hand out, grabbing a marble, my hand just narrowly missing the other.

No!

I reach my other hand out, two more familiar looking hands appearing from either side me.

Todoroki and Shoji.

Wait.... three hands?

I look in front of me, a man with patches of wrinkled, purple skin covering parts of his body.

His hand snatches up the last marble.

"How sad.... Todoroki Shoto...." The man smirks, disappearing into the mist.

"Confirmed it now. Release them." 

Suddenly, Tokoyami pops out in front of me.

"TOKOYAMI!" I shout, grabbing his shoulders. 

From the mist, a blonde haired boy appears in the mist, Bakugo.

I reach my hand out, aiming to grab him.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya shouts from behind us.

"Stay back, Deku..." The boy says.

The mist disappears, my hand frozen in place.

After a few seconds of pause, Midoriya lets out a bloodcurling scream.

He drops to the floor.

I can only watch on quietly as he continues to yell.

(that one official drawing but edited and mangafied to match the tokoyami one)

idk why she looks so off, i think it's the skiirt, but i did intend for her to have a little longer skirt. it might be the torso/stomach, looks a little too long, also the placement, she should probs be behind tsuyu but.... whatever

After the incident, I was hospitalized along with Midoriya, Momo, Kyouka and Toru.

I suffered internal organ injuries but thankfully I should recover well as it wasn't as severe as it could've been. It's astonishing how much damage I suffered from a single punch. I can't believe Midoriya could even move in that state he was in.

I sit in the hospital bed, looking out the window. Edgeshot-sensei sent me a few messages, unfortunately. he couldn't come and visit.

I turn over to my right, pulling the curtain away. I see Midoriya sitting in his bed wide eyed with a blank stare.

"Huh, Midoriya?" I say.

I guess we were put into the same room, I can't see Jiro, Momo or Toru.

He blinks at me. "Onikubo." He says, his face still completely blank

I smile slightly, holding back a laugh. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Ung...Hm." He makes a strange noise

I cover my mouth so I can't laugh. "I see."

"I wonder.... If Kota's okay?" He looks up at the ceiling.

"Don't worry, he's definitely fine. In fact, he was really worried about you..." I reassure him.

"Eh? Really?" He looks at me, his expression finally changing.

I nod. "He---"

"You two, good, you're finally awake!" Kaminari appears from behind the door.

"Huh?" Midoriya and I mumble in unison.

"Did you see the news? Reporters are all over the school right now."

All of our classmates walk in through the door, crowding around our beds.

"I brought a present. I mean, it's from all of us. It's a melon." Mineta balances a melon on his head.

"We caused you trouble, Midoriya." Tokoyami says. 

"No, please. I did this to myself." Midoriya responds.

Tokoyami turns to me. "...Onikubo, I caused you trouble as well." 

I shake my head. "Huh? No you didn't!" I say quickly.

"Did everyone from Class A come to visit?" Midoriya asks.

"No. Jiro and Hagakure are still out. They were knocked unconscious from that villain's poisonous gas. And Yaoyorozu took a pretty bad hit to the head. She's hospitalized here. Though I just found out she finally woke up yesterday. So it's just us, though obviously we wish the whole class could be here." Iida explains.

"Only of us for now. Because Bakugo is gone." Todoroki adds.

"All Might told me there'd always be people beyond our reach. That we can't protect even though we want to. Which is why we have to save the people we can reach. I... was so close to being able to save him. I needed to save him. Had to." 

I stare at Midoriya as his voice begins to wobble.

"All right, then let's go get him." Kirishima steps up.

Ochako and Iida gasp.

"HUH?"

Kirishima explains that he overhead Momo putting a tracking device on one of the villains.

"This means you're going to have Yaoyorozu make another receiver for you, doesn't it?" Iida says.

Kirishima's expression turns guilty.

"YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO WHAT ALL MIGHT SAID! WE HAVE TO LEAVE THIS TO THE PROFESSIONALS! IT'S NOT THE RIGHT TIME FOR US TO GET INVOLVED. IDIOTS." Iida shouts loudly.

"Maybe, but all I know......is that at camp, I couldn't do anything. I heard my friend was targeted, and I just stood by. Helpless. So, if I stand by and do nothing now, how'm I s'posed to call myself a hero or a man?!" Kirishima yells back.

"Kirishima, calm down! We're in a hospital."

"All of you. Just listen to me for a minute. I know what you're saying is right. But still! C'mon, Midoriya. He's still within your reach! We can save Bakugo!" Kirishima points to Midoriya.

"So, let me get this straight. You're going to get Momo to make you another receiver, track a bad guy, and then try to save Bakugo all by yourselves?" Mina asks.

"The villains who attacked the camp planned to kill some of us. But they took Bakugo alive. What we don't know is how long they'll let him live. That's why we're going after him." Todoroki says calmly.

"Have the two of you lost your minds?!" Iida shouts.

As everybody begins to argue, I look down at my lap.

It's definitely wrong, I don't think they should go through with it. 

Would they even be able to stand a chance again those villains?

But....

I could've helped him, right?

I was a second away from grabbing him, but I froze.

Not out of fear. 

Out of unwillingness. I was uncertain, I hesitated.

'Should I really pull him back?'

I didn't know what to do. I was unsure. 

I could've jumped into that portal, right?

But I didn't.

'The heroes will save him right?'

'Should I really risk my life for him?'

I felt so relieved when I managed to rescue Tokoyami, yet I hesitated to help Bakugo.

I feel...................

Ashamed.

"We talked to Yaoyorozu yesterday. If we're doing this, it's tonight." I hear Kirishima talking to Midoriya.

NIGHT

I see Midoriya putting his jacket on.

"Midoriya." I call.

He turns to me. "Huh, what is it?"

"Are you going to rescue Bakugo?" I ask, looking at him.

He freezes up before sighing. He nods.

"I'm sorry, I know---" I cut him off.

"I want to come with you." I say.

He looks at me surprised. "H-huh?" 

"....Please."

----------------------------------

I walk with Momo and Midoriya towards Kirishima and Todoroki.

"Midoriya---- HUH?? Onikubo??" Kirishima says loudly. 

"Onikubo would like to accompany us, that okay?." Midoriya asks.

"O-Okay! Um, Yaoyorozu, what's your answer?" Kirishima asks.

Yaoyorozu looks at them with a difficult expression. "I---"

"WAIT!" I hear a familiar voice.

"You. Why did it have to be you guys of all people?" Iida says, stepping up to us.

"The ones who stopped me when I acted recklessly. Who received amnesty with me after Hosu. Why are you trying to make the same stupid mistakes I made? Didn't you learn?" He looks at us.

I avert my gaze, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"We are still just students. And UA's in a bad position as it is. Anything we do will reflect on our school! Don't you get that?" Iida continues to say, the pain in his voice showing.

I stay silent.

Of course, it's wrong, it's definitely wrong!

...................So why am I doing it?

"Iida. We have to. I know you don't like us breaking rules, but--" Midoriya speaks.

SMACK

I gasp with Momo as Iida proceeds to punch Midoriya, hard.

"Midoriya..!" I inch closer to Midoriya's side and inspect the side of his face.

"I'm frustrated, too! And concerned. Obviously! I'm the class rep, dammit. I'm worried about all my classmates. Not just Bakugo. When I saw your injuries, all I could think of was my brother in the hospital. What if your bodies end up irreparable, just like his, because I didn't step in. Have you not stopped to think about where I'm coming from?"

I clench my teeth as I hear Iida's words that strike me like a dagger.

"Or are you saying that you don't care how I feel?" 

"Iida." Todoroki speaks up. "You've got it wrong. We don't expect to face them head-on and win. We'll get him back without fighting."

"Yeah, we'll be stealthy. I'm talkin' covert ops here. We can rescue him without breaking the rules." Kirishima adds.

"I trust in Todoroki's judgment, but... Still. Things could always go wrong. So I'll join you as backup. I'll stand behind my classmates." Momo says.

"I know I'm hurt. But if I can still move at all, then I can't just sit still. I have to reach out and do something. 'Cause all I can think about is saving him." Midoriya looks back to Iida.

"....Me too..." I say, finally turning my eyes to Iida.

"Ourei.." Iida looks at me, his pained expression making me falter.

"I can't stop thinking, I could've helped him. But I... was a coward..." I feel my nose begin to sting, my voice breaking and my eyes blur as I finish my sentence.

I cover my eyes with my palms, my tears seeping through my fingers.

"Rei!" I hear Momo's voice, her warm, familiar hands wrapping around my shoulders.

"This is the only way I can make up for it...." I feel my voice shaking as I talk.
"For not helping him..."

"Ourei, you-----" I hear Iida stumbling on his words, through my fingers, I see his hand reaching out toward me, but pulling back.

He sighs.

".....I'm going to come with you."

--------------------------------------------------

I walk next to Momo, who gently wipes my face using a tissue.

"....Thank you, Momo." I say.

I see Iida quickly glance back at me.

"Midoriya. I shouldn't have hit you back there. I'm sorry. Forgive me." Iida says.

"Hey, it's fine, you don't need to apologize." Midoriya responds.

"I have some concerns, Iida. What exactly is your justification for changing your mind and joining us?" Momo asks.

"To be clear, I'm coming because I don't condone your behavior. If there's even a hint that physical combat might break out, I'll make you retreat immediately. So in other words...

I'm your watchman!" Iida says.

"The same goes for me. Rescuing Bakugo is a job for the pros. Objectively speaking, there's no reason for any of us to go after him. However, I understand how each of you feels, so I'm compromising." Momo says.

I look up at her, she smiles at me.

"Call me watchman Yaoyorozu."

I laugh at her words.

"The coordinates indicate Camino Ward, Yokohama City in Kanagawa Prefecture. Our travel time will be about two hours from here. We should arrive around ten o'clock tonight."

I sit next to Iida on the train, the rest of the group in the other section.

I fiddle with my hands in my seat, not daring to look up at Iida.

"Ourei." I hear Iida call.

I look up.

He looks at me with a somewhat difficult-hesitant expression.

"Iida, I'm sorry." I say. "I know what I'm doing is definitely wrong, but...." I grasp my hands together.

"If I don't at least do this, the guilt will eat me up alive.." I wince and shut my eyes tightly.

I feel a hand weave over my arms and clutch my fingers, pulling my hand open, releasing the overwhelmingly tight grip I unknowingly cast over my own hands.
I open my eyes to see a pattern of bloody nail marks etched into my skin. 

My eyes widen.

I look up to see Iida's pained expression looking over my hands.

".....I don't understand it." He mutters.

I look at him confused.

"Why do you keep doing this?"

He grips my hand and raises it up, closer to his face.

I meet his eyes.

"Huh?" I mumble.

I can feel his cold breath grazing my skin, my heart pounding faster unknowingly.

"You...." He whispers.

"Just to make sure. You know we're going against everyone's wishes, and being completely selfish by doing this." I hear Todoroki say. "We can call this off if we want to."

I see Todoroki's eyes widen in the corner of my eye, his food slipping out of his chopsticks before it reaches his lips.

Realizing my position, I instantly pull my hands from Iida's grasp, my face feeling hot.

"H-Huh?" I cover my hands and squirm in my seat. 

"Does it look like I wanna turn back?" I hear Kirishima say.

"There's no way I can turn back now..." Midoriya says.

"Onikubo, what about you?" Kirishima asks, peeking out from behind Iida.

"....I want to go through with it." I say.

------------------------------------------------

"So this is Kamino Ward."

"It's so crowded."

"Those Villains are hiding somewhere in this city."

"I wonder if Edgeshot-sensei is near here?" I look around eagerly.

"Hmmm." Midoriya smiles and looks around with me.

"Just tell me where to go!" Kirishima shouts, beginning to run off.

"Wait a second! From now on, we going to need to be extremely careful. These criminals already know what we look like, remember? We have to consider that we could be attacked at any moment." Momo says.

"Yeah, you're right!" 

"I have an idea. Though it is a bit old school." Momo looks at us with an excited expression, pointing to a discount store.

-----------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503 33 5
Rinne Asakusa, your average rebellious teen, has a goal. He'll triumph over any obstacle that blocks his path to become a hero. Born with the perfect...
136K 2.1K 30
(I DO NOT OWN Boku No Hero Academia/ My Hero Academia! IT'S PUBLISHERS ARE Viz Media (NA), Shueisha, Bandai Namco Entertainment!) Y/N Is A 16 Year O...
9 0 7
~My Hero Academia~ Warning, intense story ahead. Prepare for angst. // A once hopeful story turned into that of tragedy. Not only were her parents k...
2.2M 103K 104
❝ honestly, i thought i would be dead by now. ❞ (l/n) (y/n) is a contradiction. she's strong, yet stoical. powerful, yet subtle. insistent, yet quiet...