Loving the Fallen

By Annielovestowrite

"The world may try to tear us apart, but we promise you this- our love for you will always conquer any obstac... More

Important
Chapter one: the Handler
Chapter two: sold to the Fallen
Chapter three: new friend
Chapter four: new reality
Chapter five: Lord Ries
Chapter six: the other humans
Chapter seven: questioning
Chapter eight: tension
Chapter nine: mistake
Chapter ten: punishment
Chapter eleven: avoidance
Chapter twelve: unintelligent
Chapter thirteen: the cells
Chapter fourteen: wine bottles
Chapter fifteen: vampire lord
Chapter sixteen: embarrassed
Chapter seventeen: Hunters Festival
Chapter eighteen: the hunt
Chapter nineteen: warning
Chapter twenty: offer
Chapter twenty one: lies
Chapter twenty two: escape
Chapter twenty three: familiar
Chapter twenty four: calming
Chapter twenty five: late
Chapter twenty six: emotions
Chapter twenty seven: freckles
Chapter twenty nine: plan

Chapter twenty eight: fight

105 7 2
By Annielovestowrite

Laelynn's point of view

My first night in prison was cold and pretty uncomfortable. I had gotten so used to the hot baths and delicious food that Eren introduced me to, it had become difficult to live without them.

I stretched my body, my black dress from the party riding up my thighs. The other girls were in dirty black shirts with the usual lingerie. I had no doubt on my mind that the vampires would expect me to wear that as well.

Freckles stirred next to me, and she turned to face me. She opened her eyes, blinking a couple of times before staring at me. "Morning, Laelynn." She croaked out.

"Good morning... Uh." I paused. She had been Freckles in my head, but I had no clue what her name actually was.

"Sora." She added. I smiled, glad to put a name to her beautiful face. She smiled back, but it soon faded when we heard heavy footsteps approaching us.

She quickly scrambled to stand up, and I followed suit. Zachary appeared in front of the cell, his eyes scanning us from outside. Everyone was up and waiting for him. He nodded in approval and pulled out keys from his pocket. After unlocking it, he opened the gate.

"Single file, head to the showers and breakfast hall. You have thirty minutes to get back in here. We have clients coming to privately view you, and then you will be reserved for them until Monday if they buy."

Zachary looked at me, his eyes scanning my dress. "I want that off when you get back. Wear something orange, makes your skin pop."

His words made me shiver, and he walked off to the next cell. I sighed and followed the others as they walked to the showers. Even though there was no soap or bath cloths, it still felt great to touch clean water. I spent only ten minutes in there, deciding that food was my biggest priority.

When I walked into the breakfast hall, which was a very different set up to when I first got introduced into cell life, everyone hushed down at my entrance.

I looked around, seeing at least one hundred women seated around a bunch of tables. I had no clue where Sora was, but she was the one I wanted to sit with.

A few male vampires stood around, probably there to ensure that there was no fighting or escaping.

I slowly walked around, wondering why everyone was staring at me. I had listened and got rid of my dress, so it clearly wasn't my outfit. I doubted that all of them knew that I was new here, so it couldn't have been that either.

I was soon answered when red hair decided to stand up from her seat and point at me.

"Ladies and ladies, there she is. Girlfriend of the king and second of the Fallen!"

I felt myself freeze in shock, and everyone broke out into laughter. The vampires guarding us looked at each other in surprise. The last thing I needed was to get in trouble with them because of red hair.

One of the vampires excused himself, and I felt dread consume me. Was he doing to tell Zachary? Would I get killed?

I didn't want to die, so I did only what I could do at this moment.

I denied everything.

The women stopped laughing and listened to me. I claimed that I lied about that to look protect myself. That I only said it because I also wanted to seem cool amongst the other humans. They all seemed to believe that story better, but most of them were very irritated at me.

Including red hair.

She stomped over to me, and roughly grabbed the shoulder strap of my bra, "I knew that you were just some desperate cunt."

I pushed her hand off me, "you're going to regret what you've done. I'll make sure of it personally."

She gave me a sickening smirk. "Make me."

With absolute pleasure.

I lifted my fist and landed the punch of her life right on her left cheek. She stumbled back in surprise, and I heard excited cheering around me. Just as I was about to pounce on her and attack, two large hands grabbed my arms and restrained me from moving.

"Enough!" I heard the vampire hiss at me. "That's an order!"

I stopped resisting, realizing that I had just landed myself in trouble. The vampire let one of my arms go and dragged me with him toward the door.

"You like to fight? Lets see how you'll fight this punishment." He snapped, roughly pulling me down the hall. I didn't resist, not wanting to end up in even more trouble. The vampires took every small thing and added it to their punishments. Resistance was their favorite excuse ever.

The vampire stopped in front of a large door, and he banged his fist against it for at least a minute.

"Okay okay! I'm coming!" I heard Zachary's muffled voice. His footsteps could be heard before the door was yanked open. He looked at the guard in irritation, before his eyes met mine. Then he looked back up at the vampire.

"Yes, Rocco?" He asked with a mischievous smile, almost as if he knew why I was there.

"This little troublemaker started a fight on her first day. You need to deal with her right now." The guard said, squeezing my arm tightly. His strength made me groan in pain. Vampires had absolutely crushing grips.

Zachary stared at my arm as it got squeezed, "Now, Rocco... We don't want to damage the goods, do we?"

The vampire growled and let me go, and I checked my arm. A red bruise immediately formed, making my eyes water.

Zachary also noticed my arm, "That's a cut off your paycheck, Rocco. It will take days before it fully heals. Days we don't have."

"I don't care, just whip her so I can take her back to her cell."

Zachary smirked, "you clearly have no idea whose old pet this is. She's worth a lot more than you think."

Rocco scoffed, "What? Does she belong to one of those arrogant werewolves? They've always had a fetish for naughty humans."

A laugh from Zachary made me flinch, and I cowered back when he stepped closer to me. Rocco put his hands on my shoulders to keep me still, and I watched in fear as Zachary placed his hand on my chin and started stroking it.

"This is the old pet, of our biggest enemy. Eren Ries."

Rocco was silent, seemingly processing the information. "His pet? Are you sure?"

Zachary was offended by the question. "Do you think I don't know what I'm talking about?"

"No, I just mean... Nevermind."

"Explain."

"Ah, well I heard one of the ladies talking about how she claimed to be in a romantic relationship with Lord Ries." Rocco cleared his throat.

My heart sank.

Zachary grinned, his eyes landing on me. "This again? I'm sure I told you that's not how being a pet works. Unless, I'm truly mistaken and you are actually his partner."

I'm sure both vampires could hear my heart running a marathon inside my body. I felt sick to my stomach, regretting ever opening my mouth about this whole thing. I needed a way to diffuse this situation.

I took a deep breath, and looked down to show submission. "I was... Deluded." I said softly. "He made me think that he loved me, but considering that he has not come for me, I was mistaken."

I kept my head down for two minutes, listening to my heart beating through my ears. Zachary and Rocco didn't say anything, which made me scared that they did not believe me.

"Well, she did say that to the girls before she got into a fight." Rocco said after a long wait. "Maybe she's telling the truth. It's absurd to think that a male like Eren Ries would fall for a human being... And it's pretty common for humans to develop feelings for their masters with their weak hearts and all."

Zachary hummed, "True. Very well then, I'll keep her with me for her punishment. She will be back tomorrow morning."

I looked up, seeing Zachary's eyes all over my body. Rocco let me go and excused himself, and I almost screamed when Zachary yanked me into his office.

When he shut the door, he turned to me and grinned. "I did mention that I would get a taste from you. Perhaps now is the time."

I shook my head at him, "Please don't do that. You can whip me, or hang me up on the ceiling." I pleaded with him, slowly moving back. Zachary followed me slowly, like a panther tracking it's prey. My tears fell when I felt my back hitting the wall. I had nowhere to run.

He pressed his body against mine, his hand gently wrapping around my neck. "Stay still, or I will drink more than I plan to."

"Please don't." I whispered. I lifted my knee, preparing to kick him in the balls if he came any closer. That would hopefully earn me a different type of punishment.

Relief flooded me when I heard the door banging loudly, and Zachary groaned in annoyance. He moved back, and swiftly made his way to it. I felt myself collapsing on the floor, my knees weak from fear.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Zachary asked.

"Dude, we need to talk. It's urgent."

The voice was familiar, so I looked up. Lo and behold, there he was. A face I thought I'd never see again.

Jakob.

Don't forget to...
Vote| Comment |Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 178 11
In this world of supernatural beings, power, and greed act as a catalyst for violence and war. Humans are subordinate in every sense and reside at th...
277 32 25
If you love cute, slow-burn romances with princes and royalty you'll love this tale! Did you binge-watch the royal wedding? I think you'll enjoy my s...
22.9K 285 8
[Now in Kindle Unlimited!] When a princess is kidnapped by an alpha, war rages between the humans and the wolves. But soon, forbidden attraction star...
194 23 39
Wren Williams has a good life. She has a great job working for a boss that she adores, supportive friends that she's known forever, and a long term...