Palworld We're all Pals Here

By MSWolfsbane

User #072 washes ashore on the Palpagos Islands after his research vessel is attacked. He is quickly befriend... More

Chapter 1 Palpagos Isles
Chapter 2 Violence In Paradise
Chapter 3 A Samurai Arrives
Chapter 4 Jessica Jetdragon
Chapter 5 Raid
Chapter 6 Thunder Bear on the Windswept Hills
Chapter 7 Sanctuary
Chapter 8 Sally Lovander
Chapter 9 Syndicate
Chapter 10 Syndicate Part II
Chapter 11 Vessel #33 Crescent Moon
Chapter 12 Minx
Chapter 13 Sam and Minx vs Palworld
Chapter 13.5 Sam and Minx Part II
Chapter 15 Free Pal alliance
Chapter 16 Dungeon Discoveries
Chapter 17 Round Two Fight
Chapter 18 Mourning
Chapter 19 Axel and Orserk's Assault
Chapter 20 Fillet O' Friend
Chapter 21 Siege on the Windswept hills
Chapter 22 Gothic Hostess
Chapter 23 For the Love of Moon

Chapter 14 Zoey and a Damn Mammorest

25 0 0
By MSWolfsbane

     I use all my vacation hours to take some time off at my base on the plateau of new beginnings. It's a quiet place for me to soak my feet and relax. That is, until Zoey shows up. It's not that she is unwelcome. I wasn't expecting her though.

     I should have known she was going to ask for something by the way she was dressed. A long silk Kimono covered in cherry blossoms. Still wearing that beanie, does she mean to bathe in it?

      "Why are you here, come to spy on me pervert," Zoey says angrily.

     "What are you talking about? this is my base," I reply kicking my feet in the water.

     When she notices I'm alone it peaks her curiosity. She approaches me with a playful smile.

     "Where is your Lunaris?" She asks.

     "Moon, she's asleep, why, do you need her?" I ask.

     "It's just me and you then?" She asks biting her thumbnail mischievously.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" I reply.

Zoey steps toward the water and her kimono slides on to the ground. Wow, not quite what I expected to happen. She keeps calling me a pervert but she's the one barring it all.

"Don't mind me loser, is the water still warm?" Zoey asks smiling.

"It's pleasant," I say inviting her in.

She joins me in the bath. I've noticed she's become very comfortable around me. Not afraid to display herself. I can't say I'm not blushing while we soak under the waterfall. My ignorance isn't blinding. I can see that Zoey likes me, but I don't know how to go about it. 

"Get me a towel dummy, we can't sit in the water forever," Zoey says covering her breasts.

I run naked through my cabin to a wooden chest. I can hear Zoey laughing behind me as I retrieve two towels. I suppose she intended for me to be the entertainment tonight.

"Haha, nice ass," Zoey giggles.

After the bath Zoey joins me in my room. She has a lustful look in her bright pink eyes. Not like she wants me though, more like she wants something from me. She grabs my hand and leans against me.

     "Can I ask you a favor?" Zoey says rubbing her cheek against me.

     "Zoey I'm not sure-."

     "I'm being cute so you'll say yes, I can resort to other methods if you prefer a more violent approach," Zoey says biting my arm.

     "Shit, don't do that," I say swatting her away.

     "Now that I have your attention, I need some Mammorest powder, my symptoms are... just get me some powder ok," she says seeming more serious.

     I'm more than happy to accept Zoey's request. There's a Mammorest to the south. I'll take Chillet in the morning and see if we can't fell that large beast. Before that I'll rest with Zoey a moment.

Zoey moves in my arms and I look down into her strange pink eyes. She's got a contemplative look on her face followed by a strange confession.

     "I've never kissed a boy before," Zoey says biting her lip.

     "Me either," I reply.

     She stares at me with a disappointed scowl. That's when I notice she's wearing lipstick. I haven't seen her wearing it before. Now that I look at her, she's in a very  seductive night gown. She's usually wearing one of my T-shirts and boxers.

      Zoey moves closer to me and I can feel her breath on my cheek. Her blush cheek presses against mine as her lips move close to my ear.

     "I think you're cute," Zoey says and crawls out of bed.

     I haven't dodged a bullet yet. Where is Zoey going? I grab a robe and step out of my cabin. The base is built at the bottom of a waterfall. It's surrounded by forests. Forests that come alive at night.

     Moonlight illuminates the trees as bioluminescent pals dance about. Is there a song playing? The song of the night perhaps?

     Pink and white flames litter the forest as a strange pal dances about. Zoey grabs my hand dragging me into the woods. That's when I hear the chanting, but not as a deterrent. It sounds like we are being invited into the forest.

"Dae, dream, dae, dream."

     "Come on Morado, let's enjoy the night, our Daedreams are waiting," Zoey says with a smile.

     Before I can object we are surrounded by dark flames floating about the air. I pull my Paldeck scanning the area.

Pal #019 Daedream

It puts those it is interested in to sleep and shows them an endless stream of happy dreams. Those who fall under its spell are never to wake until death takes them.

     *bang* *bang* *bang*

     Several Daedream fall to the ground struggling. Zoey loads another magazine in her pistol. The rest of the Daedream disperse. I toss a sphere catching one of the wounded ones. Zoey approaches me looking irritated.

     "That was close, I almost kissed a loser," she says patting me on the shoulder as she walks away.

     I'm in shock from the condition of the Daedream around me. I lean down and feel Moon's presence as I pet one of the Daedream that are too far-gone.

     "Dae-dream," it says coughing blood.

     "It's ok, I'll stay here," I reply sitting.

     I pull the mortally wounded Daedream into my lap and pet it as it struggles to cling to life. A few more breathes are the most it has left. I can feel the strength leaving its body. Heart rate slows. Breathing slows. Daedream reaches up and presses its paw against my chest. There's a smile on its face as it stares up at the night sky one last time.

     "Moon," it coughs.

     It's not a kind ending after that. Daedream was shot in the lungs. I hold her as she struggles coughing blood in my lap. I squint my eyes ready for tears, but they don't come. I brace myself to vomit, but I feel numb. Death and violence have become normal for me. If I want to survive these islands. I'll need to be ready to do anything. No matter what the cost.

     It's a few hours before I return to my base. Entering my room I expect Zoey, but get Moon.

     She see's my blood soaked clothes and leads me back out to the creak to get undressed. I'm bare for a bit as she scrubs me with a sponge. Moon seems excited to pamper me. I wish I had my memories so I would know what we had between us.

      Sambushi is knowledgeable about these lands. He seems to have roamed them for a time. Moon doesn't say anything about them even though she doesn't have any problem navigating them. She seems almost, familiar with them. Maybe I'll wait to question her about it. I have a more pressing matter.

     I find myself alone in my bed for a time. An excellent time to read some technical manuals. Ofcourse reading keeps me up. Nearly all of my pals are asleep when one approaches me seeming curious.

     "When you going to get in good on that Zoey girl?" Carmen asks.

     I slam my book shut and set it on a chest.

    "Carmen, how unpleasant to see you," I say with a sigh.

     I stare at Carmen as she scratches her ear with her back paw. It's kind of cute. She is a little fox looking creature. Her efforts are fruitless and she stumbles toward me rubbing her ear against me.

     "Scratch it damnit, I can't get rid of this damndable itch," she says pressing her ear against me desperately.

     I push her down on her side forcefully. She seems enticed by my roughness. Naughty little Vixie.

     "Is that all you have mil amores," she says trying to wiggle her way out of my grip.

     "Carmen stop moving, you have an ear infection, I need to give you some medicine," I say holding her down harder.

     "Oh please restrain me more, I've become a rabid beast, if only I could control myself, you'll have to take me now, I'll not wait for you any longer mi amor," Carmen says acting dramatic.

     I hold Carmen down as I rub some healing cream in her ear. Not quite the steamy ending she was hoping for. Once she calms down I grab my spheres ready to head out and face Mammorest.

     "Is Moon going with you?" Carmen asks.

    "Ofcourse, why wouldn't I take her with me?" I reply.

     "I see, you two seem close, I've found Lunaris to be very controlling, nevermind that, do come back and scratch this old Vixie's ears soon," Carmen says licking her paw.

     Lamball and Cattiva dot the hillside as I head toward Mammorest. More of a landmark than a Pal. Mammorest's presence is known. It lurks the hills as a reminder of a time long lost to human kind. A time when giants roamed the earth.

I approach it cautiously. The massive creature barely notices me as it grazes on the grass blowing against the hillside. Mammorest seems humble and gentle. That's unfortunate.

Paldeck entry #090 Mammorest

The vegetation on its back varies between individuals. There is a long history of appreciating this veritable garden of a Pal, and there are even Mammorest pruning specialist.

     Interesting, it seems I'm about to engage in mortal combat against the largest salad I've ever seen.

Chillet's sphere bursts open on the ground and he erupts from it ready for battle. I pull my pistol and aim it at Mammorest.

"Lo siento, I'm sorry," I say squeezing the trigger.

*Bang

The creature roars shaking the branches of the trees. Leaves dance toward the ground as the battle begins. It's time to see how strong I have become.

The earth shakes and I fall to my knees. Chillet launches a halestorm at Mammorest but it only gets angrier. It's not that his attacks aren't having an effect. They aren't working well enough and neither are my bullets.

Mammorest raises its front legs slinging its trunk into the air as strong winds twirl about it. Two large cyclones form beside it. When its legs meet the ground they surge toward us. Chillet and my shield take the brunt of the blast. Little Chilly is out for the count.

I look up the hill as Mammorest lingers over me seeming like an unstoppable force of nature. I'm afraid to do it but I send her out.

"Moon, it's up to you," I yell tossing her sphere.

Moon floats gently above the ground as she opposes the natural disaster that is Mammorest.

"Mam-mo-rest," the creature growls charging another attack.

Moon floats into the air pressing her hands together. She seems to be absorbing the energy around her. Has she been in my skillfruits? I don't remember teaching her an attack like this.

Two large cyclones form beside Mammorest as it raises its front legs. Moon raises her arms and two massive cyclones descend from the heavens. She clenches her fists and they erupt into dark flames. Both parties initiate their attack.

I jump out of the way as two massive forces of nature collide.

Mammorest's cyclones were filled with leaves, while Moon's were twirling winds filled with fire. Her attack soon burns through Mammorest's sending two flaming cyclones toward it.

I cover my ears trying to block out the horrid screeches that come from the massive beast as it burns alive. Piercing moans of agony that would make angels weep. The last shred of humanity seems to cling to me as I lean against a large boulder.

It's ok, everything is going to be ok. I hold my stomach and vomit. I'm not able to regain my composure until Mammorest expires. One last cry before it shakes the earth with its corpse. Its soul returning to Gaia from which it came, or so they say.

I return to my base with the required ingredients.

Mr. Kitty makes some medicine for Zoey. I'm curious as to where Moon went, but I suppose I shouldn't worry about her too much.

     "Mijo, stop pondering Moon and go see her," Sambushi says slapping my shoulder.

     "What if she needs some time?" I say rubbing my shoulder.

    "She's spent enough of her time alone, go see her, it'll mean a lot," Sambushi says with a smile.

     I go to see Zoey at one of the research labs. It's the only place we have for medical treatment. Heavy metal pounds through the walls as I approach Zoey's room. The lyrics are as angry as every strum of the strings of the bass and guitar. The beat of the drums emphasizes pain and mourning while injecting the rhythm with a sense of remorse and a desire for vengeance.

     The door can't make a sound that surpasses the loud barrage of rock as I enter. Zoey is distracted by a large book she's reading. I don't see how she can concentrate.

      She can't hear me as I approach. My footsteps drowned by heavy drums. Though when she does notice me, she seems pleased.

     "Morado, you came, I was worried you wouldn't," Zoey says sitting up excited.

     "Go through all that trouble and not check in on you, that would be dumb," I say sitting on the edge of her bed with a smile.

     A few moments go by and neither of us have anything to liven the conversation. We're both just as awkward as before. It's maddening waiting for one of us to break the silence. I doubt the other patients mind that she's turned off the music though.

     The night grows dark as I sit at Zoey's bedside. They give her pills, but she refuses them. When they leave I turn a projector on playing some strange anime with a jazzy overtone, something about space cowboys.

     "Why didn't you take the pills?" I ask.

     "I don't need them, you're here," Zoey says with a smile.

     "You have a beautiful smile Zoey," I reply.

     "You're such a dork."

     Me and Zoey both giggle and I feel a strange emotion come over me as I move closer to her. I don't remember the feeling, but I long too.

     "Zoey, about what you said before," I say leaning closer to her.

     "About you being a dork?" She replies.

     I press my palm against her cheek and her bottom lip begins to quiver.

"No, there was something else," I say leaning closer.

     Her lips are soft and gentle. She's not as forceful as I thought she would be. There's no lack of passion and class in our kiss. It's an elegance that seems practiced, perfected even. The lipstick stains my lips.

"You look dumb," Zoey says rubbing my lips with her thumb.

"I don't feel that way though," I reply.

"Let's just get some rest."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 362 42
Lily is a normal sixteen year old girl who lives off the coast of Sacury, California, where she loves Theatre and her friends, even though she lives...
10.6K 483 27
There used to be a species in this Blue World, which was hated and hunted to extinction. The world-government willing to pay 100 Million Berry for no...
134 8 25
Oh, hey there. I'm sure you have heard this little speech so many times before, welcoming you to the world of Pokémon. A world that's inhabited by po...
8.1K 368 20
Taji, Fired from his job, he goes home depressed-- BLAH BLAH! WHO'S CARES RIGHT NOW! WHY AM I PAIMON IN THIS LAND OF DRAGONS!!!! Adventure? Money? F...