I Found Home

Bởi Mary444Jackson

Hannah : you don't get to talk or even breathe next to that woman . Kane : She works with me , how am I ... H... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 6

434 21 13
Bởi Mary444Jackson

Hannah

Turns out getting accustomed to this new life wasn't so easy . For many reasons than one .

First , I have no clue how to act like a spoiled kid who knows when to talk , what to say , how to act ... I only do things according to myself . Mom is trying to get me to dress elegantly and has been insisting on me to wear some makeup and all , and I have no idea how much more I can hold up . Not because it's tempting but because of the stupid need I have to please my mother . Somehow I feel guilty about what my father did to her . To us .

Second , that girl is not helping . She got along with mom just fine and they end up ganging up on me . Being neighbors with her isn't really helping either , especially that she doesn't take a hint . I tried to push her away and failed , somehow in this short amount of time , I got used to her by my side all the time especially at school . Paget isn't a bad girl or a spoiled one . Not too much anyways , compared to that Selena Jarick . Apparently she and Paget are enemies , or at least Selena thinks so because Paget doesn't give her much mind . Neither do I honestly , bullies never were something I fear or worry about . I proved as much to Iker . He is very much the male version of Selena , however Paget claims he is different , stating he's her childhood friend who is always by her side . Still I punched him in the guts for swinging by my house one day to deliver condoms to my mom pretending that I ordered them as a friendly prank . I don't do this shit , plus we aren't friends or anything . The only times I see him are around Paget and even though he is trying to be less of a bully and tease me and all I ignore him .

Third , my teacher .

I forget he is my teacher sometimes and I hate it . Focusing on his class is a very hard task , especially with the feeling of being watched by him all the time . I can't say that I don't observe him a little when he isn't looking but still ... There is a pull between us , like we keep swimming in different ways but the current pushes us together the more we fight it .

My breaths catch in my throat when I feel a warmth around me pulling me out of my mind . I turn around slowly to find him standing behind me , most of his face concealed with a masquerade mask , his jaw tight and lips pursed as he eyes me harshly as if I missed an assignment he required .

« What are you doing , teacher ? »

He tenses for a fragment of a second before regaining his composure and leans in to whisper . « Go to Paget then to the ladies room . »

My cheeks are probably flushed from his proximity and his deep voice that penetrated my ears , while his hot breaths made shivers run down my spine . I look up at him as he pulls away , my lips parted and my lungs tight from how dense the air suddenly became .

I shake my head as I look away with a confused frown .

« What ? » I say breathlessly before letting my gaze meet his again as I turn around to face him .

With our costumes and the faint disco lights around , it is hard for anyone to notice us , however I fear that suddenly only me and him are visible in this moment and I dread the feeling .

I dread being so worked up about him , I hate that he successfully ignored me in class , never addressing me unless it's necessary and oblivious to my presence . If he couldn't care less about me then why should I spend my energy in thinking about him ?

He adjusts his tie and looks around before leaning in to whisper again . « You dress is cut open . »

This time I am frozen in place , my eyes wide with mortification as I reach for the back of my dress under his vest and indeed it is , revealing my entire back and probably my panties too . Don't tell me he saw me like that ?

I scan the room for mom or Paget or anyone who can help , but instead Iker appears next to us .

Maybe I am hallucinating or Mr Oliver just took a step closer to me .

« You took all this time and still didn't manage to bring drinks ! » He says playfully but I don't have time for this .

« Have you seen Paget ? Or mom ? »

« I don't know about your mom but Paget is taking pictures in the photo booth . »

I am heading to the photo booth direction before Iker even finishes his words , but suddenly stop and look back at Mr Oliver . « Thank you , I will bring your ... »

« It's alright . » He answers firmly , his jaw ticking and his hands shoved in his pocket . I nod and walk away .

« Who's this ? » Iker asks , as he catches up with me .

I don't know if I should explain things to him or just ignore his question . Would it be weird if my teacher gave me his vest to cover me ? Probably not but everything seems suspicious to me with Mr Oliver , as if even looking at him is a crime .

Plus I am not forced to explain myself to anyone , so I just ignore his question .

Paget is indeed taking hundreds of pictures in the photo booth when I bypass the long line waiting to drag her away .

She pouts and looks at me confused as I pull her by the elbow . Since mom is not reachable here , Paget is my only savior . She needs to fix my dress so that I can give the vest to its owner . Wearing it is like being hugged by him , his perfume lingering in it and making me feel his presence even when he isn't near .

« What's with you ? » Paget asks with a really funny face . She is dressed like Britney Spears in one of her many music videos . I don't recall which clip this costume is from , no matter how much Paget tried to get me to learn the songs because she is insane about the woman and deems her an inspiration source . I just find it absurd to obsess about these celebrities anyways . They are just puppets , slaves to the money and fame and public acceptance , they crave love and respect from strangers because they didn't find it among those who are near them . I find it stupid to take them as an inspiration source . If anyone wants inspiration they can take it from themselves , love yourself and see how well you will live , believe in yourself and watch how everybody will believe in you .

« My dress is torn apart from the back . » I hiss through my teeth . Damn I forgot to ask him how did that happen . I forget a lot of things when that man is around me so it's no surprise . Paget rolls her eyes and pouts in frustration .

« How did you make that happen ? Seriously , Hannah you're like ... »

« I advise you to be wise about how you finish that sentence . » I look away , at my left side Iker is still standing there , suppressing a laugh . I ignore him .

« But how did you manage to get it torn apart ? » Paget asks again with a squeaky frustrated voice .

I grab her hand and pull her behind me towards the restroom inside the school . Once we're in the hallways and near them , away from the noise of the party I look at her to answer but I notice Iker is there with us too .

« Why are you still here ? »

« I'm here for Paget . »

I narrow my eyes at him , while Paget side eyes him weirdly before shaking her head and looking back at me . « Whose vest is this ? »

I swallow before answering , trying to find my steady voice tone . « Mr Oliver's , I believe . »

« Mr Oliver's here ? » Both Iker and Paget ask , looking at one another , before both of them start smirking . I thought I was being neutral with the way I was speaking .

« That explains why Ellie was so worked up about this party . » Iker says in a playful tone while rubbing his chin . Ellie Lambert , who they must be talking , about is our history teacher and Iker's cousin .

« Miss Lambert must be over the moon now . » Paget says with a chuckle .

So that woman has feelings for our teacher . I knew she looked at him differently when I first walked in and glanced him with her . Due to his mask and costume , I didn't recognize him at first , but once I saw his eyes , even from afar , I knew doubtlessly it was him . I don't know why and with all honesty I don't want to know why I felt like poking her eyes out of her skull for sticking by his side and looking at him that way .

Now with Iker and Paget speaking of them this way , I feel more agitated and more aggressive .

« Hello ! I have a major problem here ! » I say trying to conceal my anger .

Paget averts her gaze towards me . « I usually have a change of clothes in my locker , you know just in case . » She winks and smiles while I let out a relieved sigh . « Go to the restroom and I will fetch it for you . »

She walks away leaving me with Iker . Just as I am about to head inside the restroom , he stops me .

« I will be here in case you need anything . » Iker says in a quiet voice tone , one I never expected to hear from him . I nod and and walk inside letting out a heavy exhale . He is becoming really friendly with me lately . Probably for Paget's sake .

Once inside I look at myself in the mirror .

Dressing up as Lydia Deetz ! The hell was I thinking agreeing to this ? He probably thought I was ridiculous , while he made a stupid Halloween costume look so good it was hard to look away from him or notice anybody else besides him .

Someone must remind me next time of never listening to mom or Paget .

That's not me . I don't dress up for Halloween , I don't wear makeup and I especially don't get all worked up for not being impressive enough to people .

I'm not Miss Lambert , and with all honesty I don't want to be . She might be kind and caring but I don't like how desperate she looks for Mr Oliver's attention .

Paget walks in carrying a blue T Shirt and jeans . I take them from her and she nods walking out to let me change . After I remove the dress and put on the clothes Paget brought me , I inspect it carefully . The cut was done with something sharp enough to cut through the fabric easily and swiftly enough that I didn't even feel it , but who would do such a thing ?

I grab Mr Oliver's vest and my ruined dress and get out . I already put my hair back down and wiped away the stupid makeup from my face . Halloween is over , time for hunting down some ghosts and freaks .

I freeze when I find Iker , Paget and mom standing outside with Miss Lambert and Mr Oliver . My mom is shaking his hand , once she notices me she approaches me with a smile .

« It seems like whoever did this to your dress , did you a huge favor . »

In fact , it's true . But still I need to know who did that . I smile back tightly at my mom before averting my gaze to my teacher and walking towards him , with sure steps . I hand him his vest , still trying hard to maintain eye contact with him . He removed his mask , and is now standing tall as he takes his vest back from me , while eyeing me carefully .

« Thank you again Mr Oliver . » He nods , so I continue . « Who did this ? Have you seen them ? »

« Hannah ... » Mom tries to speak but I turn around and give her a look , pleading and glaring at once . My mother knows me well enough to be aware that I won't let that slide so easily . When I look back at Mr Oliver , his gaze is unwavering .

« I don't know for sure ... but I think it was a girl , all dressed in purple . »

« Selena's minions . » Paget mutters .

Before anybody could stop me , I find myself heading back to the party . Once inside I get lost in the crowd searching for the evil Regina George's brunette version . Selena is a condescended girl , with her small group of idiots following her around like lost puppies and her insane love for the color purple .

I hate that color . For reasons Selena doesn't relate to .

She likes to believe she rules the school , and I couldn't care less if she didn't try to make an enemy out of me . I don't tolerate bullies , and Selena must start to realise that immediately . When I glance her from afar , I go grab a drink and walk towards her group . She's sitting on her boyfriend's lap while laughing , I don't stop until I reach her and pour the drink on her head startling everyone around her while she lets out a gasp .

« Next time you or your stupid minions try to pull a stunt on me , I will tear your hands away . »

She stands with her boyfriend who walks towards me , trying to intimidate me with his height while his girlfriend is complaining about her ruined hair and costume . I look back at him , straight in his ruby red eyes , his breath stinks with alcohol as he keeps himself upright . I snort walking away not giving a damn about them .

And like the dog he is , of course he doesn't bite or even attempts to . I bump into Paget who was looking for me along with the others .

« For Heaven's sake tell me you didn't do something stupid . »

I shrug and walk past her towards the exit .

« Where do you think you're going ? » She calls after me starting to follow me .

« Home . »

« Hannah , what have you done ? »

I don't turn around or stop as I reply . « Something I am used to do to those who don't know their true place . »

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

100K 1.5K 17
"You are nothing more than a spoiled brat." he whispered in my ear. "I would love to show you the real world, but I do not think you could handle it...
39.7K 818 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
859K 29.6K 75
If you have not read my first book (Behind Classroom Doors) please go do so before reading this one! This is the sequel but I hope you enjoy it! This...
161K 2.7K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...