Dew of the Sea (On Hold)

By SmilelyTaylor

"Through the storm and seas, they live happily ever after together... Forever. The end" mother finished. "Oh... More

Chapter 2; Scars and Beauty
Chapter 3; Belladonna
Chapter 4; Crazy aliens from planet Blubberfluff
Chapter 5; Blood of love ones
Chapter 6; The mist
Chapter 7; Two roses.

Prologue & Chapter 1; The Pathetic Cruel Jerk

1.2K 28 60
By SmilelyTaylor

A/N: @#%!^!@%!@!@#!. Apples!

Sooo... Hi there :)

I've been pretty bored the past days, and thinking aboutwriting new story. I couldn't think of anything but last night, it hit me.I think might work out for a story! So far, I've writen the Prologue and chapter 1. It's fun to write and I kind of enjoy it ;) But before, I post it, I wanted to see what y'all thought of it!

It's a romance/fantasy. I believe, lol. I'm postive it's romance but not so much fantasy. Yeppie, (fail). xD

Anways; you silent readers. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think about it! I can take it! I'm a big girl... XD. So, be CRAZY, and comment. It would make my day. teehehe :D

Okay, Okay, enough with the talking! Gosh Taylor, you need to shut up for once. xP

Here it is.

Awesome or Fail or Epic Fail? Tell me what you think, deary!

*******

Prologue

"Through the storm and seas, they live happily ever after together... Forever. The end." Mother finished.

"Oh, please one more time, mother! Just once more." I begged with big puppies eyes.

"No No, dearest. You must go to bed, you have a big day ahead of you" Mother said standing up.

"Fine... but promise me you'll tell me it tomorrow night then?"

"Always, dearest. It's my favorite story too!" she answered reaching for the light, "Now goodnight Rosemary."

I heard the ocean crash against the rocks through my shut window. Mother says my name, Rosemary, means 'Dew of the sea or The Sea' and ever since I was born, I can hear it talking. He is my best friend, but when I don’t come out to play, he becomes very angry. His waves become towers, and he tends to cry at night. If I'm too far away from him, I grow weak, but if I'm close to Him, I am very strong.

The story mother was just telling me, is my favorite and it's about a little girl. She is sixteen years old and lives in a Water Tribe. She talks to the water and is able to control it. I am not able to do that; instead, He talks to me and controls me. I know mother is skipping parts of the story. I can feel it, plus He tells me. I ask him to tell me the whole story, but he refuses. I need to learn those parts, and that's where my adventures start.

With one more crash against the rocks, I close my eyes, and whisper "Goodnight, friend."

Chapter 1; The Pathetic Cruel Jerk.

*Eight years later*

"Rosemary! Go clean the ship deck!" A muscular voice said from behind.

"Aye Aye Captain, right away, Captain!" I said running to the ship deck.

The air filled with soapy water and salt, as I jogged onto the ship deck. With mops in their hands, Tommy and Billy grinned from ear to ear. Returning the smile, I grabbed one of the mops resting on one of the barrels. Without a cloud in the sky, the sun’s ray welcomed us to a day of hotness. Thank you God for sea breeze!

“Well, isn’t this just cute! Rose and her little friends cleaning the deck.” A familiar cruel voice said.

“Well if it isn’t Benjamin, the pathetic cruel jerk. That just happens to have one big, cold heart.” I returned with a hiss.

“Do you have to call me Benjamin? Why not Ben or Benny, like the rest of the crew?” He said, moving closer to me.

“Yes, I do. I do not like the name Ben. Plus, it annoys you and that’s a bonus.” I said smiling

“Must you be so annoying, Rosie?” he said as he moved even closer, making me a little suspicious.

“Why are you moving so close, Benjamin?” I asked, completely ignoring his question.

“Too be able to do this.” he smirked

“What do yo-“ I wasn’t able to finish my sentence because of a rude interruption of rush of cold water. Freezing cold soapy water that was in a bucket is now all over me. Why didn’t I see this coming, of course he was going to try and get me back from last week! Last week, on Tuesday, I pulled a little, harmless prank on Benjamin. Nothing big, but it did leave a big impact. He kind of had blue hands for the week. What a little blue food dye will do if you add it to soap.

The roar of laughter made me come back to reality. Through my soapy eyes, I see Benjamin gasping for air due to much laughter, and his group of followers rolling on the floor laughing their butts off.

“Benjamin Ashton!” The world suddenly got really quiet as his name was yelled. “Do you think this is funny, son?”

Let’s have a little flashback, shall we?  My name is Rosemary Leighton, and I am now living with pirates. I’ve been on this ship for three years since I was eleven. My mother died seven days after my eleventh birthday. Guards came in my home, and killed my mother in front of me. Well, not really right in front of me, I was hiding in a secret passage behind my desk. It was my favorite part of my home, no one knew about it except my mother and me. The sea, my best friend, told me to join a pirate crew. Sounds a little crazy, doesn’t it? sea talking to me, but it does. Ever since I was six years old, the sea talks to me and controls me. Not literally controlling me, but if I live too far away from the ocean, I will grow weak and probably die. If I am right next to the ocean, I am healthy and strong. He isn’t able to move my arms and legs, but he does control my health. The only thing I control are the emotions. When I am happy, the sea is, and when I am angry/sad, the sea is. The sea won’t change with little emotions, someone or something would have to hurt me really badly. Pretty confusing, right? You’ll understand soon.

“No sir, but she started it Captain!” Benjamin spoke with a strong voice, but I could hear the fear.

“You both, Benjamin and Rosemary my cabin now!” he said, turning to the stairs.

Shivering from the cold water, I followed Captain Ashton to his cabin. Benjamin continued walking with his nose stuck up in the air, trying to ignore the fact that he is in trouble. One day, I hope he’ll have his nose so high in the air, that it’ll/it will actually hit a door frame or something.

“Edward, please give Miss Leighton a towel before she catches a cold, and bring me some rum.” Captain Ashton commanded as he sat in his big chair. “Now, sit the both of you. I am tired of all these pranks.You’ll have to clean the kitchen, the head and ship decks, together, for two weeks.”

“But Dad, I mean, Captain Ashton..I can’t clean with this thing!” Benjamin yelled in disagreement as he pointed at me

“This thing can clean better alone, Captain!” I whined, getting a little furious.

“Enough with this bilge! What I say goes, mates. Go, get on with it!” Captain said after drinking his rum.

“Aye Aye Cap’n Ashton, I’ll make sure he cleans up the grub.” I said with a grin/chuckle.

“Good Good, now you’re dismissed.” Captain Ashton pointed to the door.

Within seconds, we were out the door and heading towards the stairs. This was going to be a long two weeks with Benjamin Ashton by my side every waking moment. This is his entire fault!  If he wasn't so immature, childish, juvenile, and well just Benjamin, we wouldn't be in this mess. With my soaking wet soapy hair, and clothes, I started to head toward my cabin.

"Hey, where do you think you're going, Rosie?" Benjamin said while grabbing my shoulder, making me turn around to face him. "We have the kitchen to clean, remember?"

"Yes, of course I remember.  I also remember you spilled a full bucket of cold water on me, and I'd like to change into something warm and not wet! Unless, you'd like me to get sick and in the end you'll have to clean everything." I said even more furious.

"Oh, right.  I wouldn't care if you got sick, but I don't wish to clean everything up by myself." He said, looking at me with his big brown eyes.

"Alrighty then, I'll just head to my cabin and change. See ya in the kitchen." I said turning back to the stairs that head to the main cabins.

I could hear loud footsteps behind me as I continued to my cabin. I thought it was just another crew member going to their cabin. A couple minutes later, I reached my cabin door.  The footsteps followed me everywhere. Finally coming to my senses, I turned around to see Benjamin standing there, smiling oddly wide.

"What do you want, Benjamin? I told you I was going to meet you in the kitchen!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air.

“Did you know when you get mad, you crinkle your nose? It’s kind of funny lookin’.” He said, grinning even more widely. It’s freakin’ me out.

"Shut up, moron and answer my question!" I said fast without thinking.

"But you just told me to shut up, why on Earth would I answer your question now?" he said in a smart-know-it-all tone.

"Never mind that, just tell me." I said, mad at my mistake.

"I followed you just to make sure you didn't run off and leave me all the work." …he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ugh, fine fine.  You can wait outside my door, like a little creep. While I change into something drier." I said opening the door.

"But can't-" I cut him off with a slam to the face by my door.  What a creep, did he actually think I was going to let him in? Making sure the door was locked, I started to undress the wet clothes.

A couple minutes later, I was fully dress in dry clothes and ready to work.  Throwing my wet clothes in a pile in the corner, I whisper to myself ' I'll clean it up later '. Opening the door, a large body was in front of the way. Wow, he was actually facing the other doors. What a gentleman, I scoffed 'Yea right!'. Putting my hand on his back, I pushed and moved him out of the way.

”Let’s just get this over with.” I said, rolling my eyes at Benjamin as I started walking towards my living nightmare.

******

Well, That's it! How y'all like it? :D

Oh dangit, I forgot... I need y'all help. hehe... I kind of can't think of a title for this story... and I was wondering, could you help me?  Any ideas would be great!

Sorry if there is any mistake... I tried getting them all, though :P

If you have any idea, tell me with a comment or message on my wall! :)

Thanks deary. <3

Tell me how you like it, I'll just might continue XD

Remember too comment, vote and become a fan. hehe[:

To you, From Tay. xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 6.6K 26
"She's my step-sister and she's like a sister to Alpha Vincent." James said making me smile. I sat down and saw Vincent and James shift into beautifu...
STEPS By Elise

Non-Fiction

15.7K 889 34
This is my memoir. As such, I am letting you in on the most intimate parts of me. No glib opinion piece or a well-thought-out theory, this. It's me...
374 45 21
-"Why are you crying?" What, I didn't know I was crying. -"Come on." He offers a hand to help me up. -"Stay away... from me." I get up on my own a g...
238 0 38
Prologue I used to have a nightmare when I was younger. It was always the same order and the same impact. It started with the warmth of sand c...