๐„๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ, ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๏ฟฝ...

By billieeyelash1864

๐‘ฌ๐’๐’…๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’” ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’—๐’Š๐’•๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’๐’๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’๐’•๐’†๐’…, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’Š๐’• ๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”... More

Act I
I. Silence Speaks Louder Than Words
II. The Weight of Resentment
III. The Darwinian Playground
IV. The Battle for Existence
V. The Endless Journey
Act II
VI. The Silent Wounds
VII. The Agony of Unending Darkness
VIII. The Power of Belief
IX. The Thorny Path of Lies
X. The Bullet's Silent Message
XI. The Shadow of the Deadly Arrow
XII. The Promise of a New Foe
XIII. The Domino Effect
XIV. The Demon's Whisper
XV. The History of Betrayals
Act III
XVI. The Same Old Things
XVII. The Wall of Emotion
XVIII. The Ties that Bind
XIX. The Pages of Lost Innocence
XX. The Grim Reaper's Waltz
XXI. The Screams of the Dead
XXII. The Echoes of Heartache
XXIII. The Murmur of Silent Torment
XXIV. The Road Back to Each Other
XXV. The Losing Game of Love
XXVI. The Hollowed Memories
XXVII. The Symphony of Destruction
Act IV
XXVIII. The Fury within the Steel
XXIX. The Clash of Destinies
XXX. The Reign of Weaponry
XXXI. The Kindred Spirits
XXXII. The Quiet Calm Before the Storm
XXXIII. The Unending Farewells
XXXIV. The Mind's Battlefield
XXXV. The Peaceful Oases in the Chaos
XXXVI. The Shadows Cast by the Past
XXXVII. The Hand of Fate
XXVIII. The Reunion Amidst Chaos
Act V
XXXIX. The Long-Awaited Return
XL. The Uncertain Future of New Faces
XLI. The Ghost of a Present Past
XLII. The Destiny They Share
XLIII. The End of the Road
XLIV. The Highway to Hell
XLV. The Turning Point
XLVI. The Endless Tragic Demises
XLVII. The Brigde of an Endless Storm
XLVIII. The Dawn of Hope
XLIX. The Gates of Alexandria
L. The Melody in the Chaos
LI. The Midnight Sky
LII. The Scandal
Act VI
LIII. The Ying-Yang Effect
LIV. The Realm of Grief
LV. The Choreography of Death
LVI. The Way Life Goes
LVII. The Unquenchable Fire
LVIII. The Stranger Passing By
LIX. The Hilltop at the End of the Road
LX. The Sanctuary of Death
LXI. The Shadow Vs Death
LXII. The Saviours
Act VII
LXIII. The Ending of a Beginning
LXIV. The Sanctuary vs Alexandria
LXV. The Truth Continues To Unveil
LXVI. The Descrution Within Oneself
LXVII. The Allience of Enemies
LXVIII. The Reminder
LXIX. The Betrayal of Friends
LXX. The Angel of Death
LXXI. The Death's Reapers
Act VIII
LXXII. The Beginning of a War
LXXIII. The Promise of Tomorrow
LXXIV. The Distance in his Fingertips
LXXVI. The Doom of Death
LXXVII. The Door Between Hell & Heaven
LXXVIII. The Unspoken Words
LXXIV. The Message
LXXV. The Fall of Neville
LXXVI. The Letter
Act IX(a)
LXXVII. The Hanging Tree
LXXVIII. The Bridge
LXXIX. The Judge

LXXV. The World Stops Turnin'

152 8 15
By billieeyelash1864

As Carl takes her hand, Madeleine can't help but frown, a bittersweet wave of nostalgia washing over her. Beside them, Esperanza links her hand with Carl's as she cradles Judith in her arms. The sight of her siblings feels oddly familiar, reminiscent of countless outings Madeleine had with Carl as children, led by their father riding beside them. The memory of those carefree days tugs at Madeleine's heart, a reminder of the innocence they had.

In a comforting silence, the four of them make their way towards the nearby lake, its serene surface reflecting the golden hues of the afternoon sun. As they reach the water's edge, Carl and Esperanza waste no time in skipping rocks across the tranquil expanse, their laughter mingling with Judith's joyful giggles.

Madeleine watches from a distance, a bittersweet smile tugging at her lips as she observes her siblings, their carefree demeanor a stark contrast to the harsh reality of what's coming.

After a while, they decide to have a competition of archery, Carl and Esperanza arguing of who's the best archer after Madeleine. Retrieving the bow and arrows hidden nearby, Madeleine takes on the role of instructor, guiding Carl with patience and determination, like old times.

As he takes aim, she can't help but feel a surge of pride at how far he has grown, as Esperanza engulfs them with stories of how she wanted to be Robin Hood when she was younger. Together, they lose themselves in the rhythm of the people in the background getting ready for the fight, the rhythmic twang of bowstrings and the thud of arrows hitting their targets providing a distraction of everything.

As they walk back to their house, laughter fills the air, echoing through the streets like a melody of joy. With excitement in their hearts, they gather around the pillar at the entrance of their house, each of them dipping their hands into pots of vibrant paint. The air is filled with the sound of laughter and chatter as they press their hands onto the pillar, leaving behind colorful handprints that serve as a tangible symbol of their love.

After a couple of minutes Judith's laughter fills the air, a sense of warmth and contentment washes over the porch where Madeleine and Esperanza sit side by side. Madeleine's arm instinctively wraps around her sister, pulling her close in a gesture of comfort and affection.

Esperanza leans into her sister's embrace, a smile playing at the corners of her lips as she revels in the simple joy of the moment. The sound of Judith's giggles and Carl's playful antics fills her with a sense of euphoria.

With each peal of laughter, Esperanza's spirit feels lighter, as if the weight of the world has been lifted from her shoulders. She watches with a twinkle in her eye as Judith tries to hide behind the tree, only to be found by Carl with a playful grin.

Esperanza's smile widens as she gazes at Carl and Judith, her heart swelling with gratitude for the precious moment they're sharing. "I always wanted to experience moments like this," she admits, her voice filled with awe and wonder.

Madeleine's nod is filled with understanding as she looks down at her sister, a tender smile playing at her lips. She leans in to press a gentle kiss on top of Esperanza's head, her gesture conveying a sense of love and reassurance.

"Yeah, me too. It feels..."

"Unreal?"

"Peaceful," Madeleine finishes, her voice soft yet resolute as she meets Esperanza's gaze.

As Carl joins them, holding up the camera he had found, he settles beside Judith, who eagerly takes her place beside Esperanza. The camera flashes, freezing the smiles on their faces and the warmth in their hearts.

Esperanza's laughter fills the air as Carl proudly displays the photo, a rare moment of joy captured amidst the chaos of their world. "Thanks, Carls," she says, her smile genuine as she savors the happiness radiating through her. "I haven't felt this happy in months."

Carl's fingers linger on the photo for a moment longer, a wistful expression clouding his features before he reluctantly hands it back to Esperanza. Madeleine watches the exchange, her brow furrowing in concern at her brother's subtle change in demeanor.

"What's up?" she inquires, her voice tinged with worry.

Carl's gaze shifts to meet Madeleine's, his eyes filled with a mix of uncertainty and determination. "Are you going to kill Negan?" he asks.

Taken aback by Carl's directness, Madeleine hesitates for a moment before nodding firmly. "He took too much from all of us," she explains, her voice tinged with bitterness. "He hurt Esperanza. He doesn't deserve to live. He has to die."

"Alita hurt her, and she's here right now. You're working together," Carl counters, his confusion evident as he challenges Madeleine. "I'm just saying... I don't think you should kill him. I think he can change if we give him the opportunity."

Madeleine's jaw tightens at Carl's words as Judith settles into her lap, seeking comfort in her embrace, her innocent presence a reminder of the fragile balance between vengeance and redemption in the new world.

Madeleine lets out a weary sigh, her gaze lingering on Judith's peaceful face as the young girl slowly drifts off to sleep in her lap. "He lost someone he loved, and he let the grief consume him," she murmurs, her voice heavy with sorrow. "Him and his son turned cold, and they won't come back from it."

Esperanza's voice is barely a whisper as she interjects. "You did."

Madeleine shakes her head, her tone firm and resolute. "We had each other," she insists, her eyes clouded with memories of their shared struggles and triumphs. "He has no one. Not really."

"Maybe he needs people like you," Carl suggests, his gaze fixed on his sister, Madeleine's brow furrows in confusion at his sudden change in demeanor, her mind racing with questions.

"Why do you want to save him?" she demands, her voice tinged with a note of suspicion as she searches his eyes for answers.

Carl shrugs, his expression unreadable as he averts his gaze, a flicker of uncertainty passing through his features. "Everyone can change, even if they've lost everyone," he replies cryptically, his words hanging in the air between them. "You're proof of it. I think he'd change for the better."

He meets Madeleine's gaze once more. "I think you could help him, Mads," he continues, his voice gentle yet insistent. "You and Negan are more alike than you realise."

Madeleine's eyebrows knit together in a mixture of confusion and suspicion. "What are you not telling me?" she presses as Esperanza listens in quietly, her expression unreadable.

"Nothing," Carl mutters, his words barely audible, but they still draw the attention of Madeleine and Esperanza, who exchange a knowing glance. "I just wanted you to think about it."

"I have," Madeleine retorts sharply, her tone brooking no argument. "He's going to take his last breath, and I'll be the one to make sure of it."

Carl regards her with a serious expression, a hint of pleading in his gaze that softens Madeleine's features ever so slightly. Yet, beneath the surface, the nagging suspicion that he's hiding something lingers like a shadow. "What if I asked you not to?" he ventures.

"Why?" Madeleine presses, her eyes narrowing as she searches his face for any answers.

"Because he can change, I believe he can," Carl replies earnestly. "We can win this without much blood being spilled. Like you said, haven't we lost enough?"

Madeleine processes his words, her gaze drifting to Judith's peaceful sleeping form cradled in her lap. "He's right," Esperanza interjects, her voice cutting through the tension with unexpected clarity. "We've seen worse people turn out for the better."

"Mom said to always do and say what I think is right, right?"

Madeleine nods solemnly. "Yeah, she did," she acknowledges, the weight of her decision resting heavy on her shoulders as she grapples with Carl's words.

"Promise me you won't kill him," Carl pleads, his gaze intense as he fixes it on Madeleine, her eyes focused on the infant cradled against her chest. "Please, Mads, promise me."

"Okay, Captain Carls," Madeleine replies softly, a small smile playing on her lips as she lifts her head to meet Carl's gaze. "I won't, but I won't stop them from doing it."

"Let's go a second round," Esperanza suggests, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she retrieves her bow from her back and offers it to Carl. "I was beating y'all asses."

"Let's not forget who taught you everything you know," Madeleine chimes in with a smug expression.

Esperanza rolls her eyes in mock annoyance, biting down on her lower lip in amusement. "Where's Keisha?"

"She went off to the Hilltop," Madeleine replies, noting the subtle change in Esperanza's expression. "She was there every day, waiting for you to wake up."

Esperanza shrugs nonchalantly. "Now she's gone."

Carl watches his sister closely. "You still love her?"

Esperanza shrugs again, avoiding their gazes as she wrestles with her emotions. "I don't know. I don't think I was born to love. Keisha stabbed me in the back, Freya's dead."

"You were born for more than that. You were born to be loved," Madeleine interjects, her voice gentle yet firm as she offers Esperanza a reassuring smile. "And you have lots of people around you who love you."

Tears glisten in Esperanza's eyes at Madeleine's words, and Carl lets out a playful chuckle, earning a playful slap on the arm from his sister. "Don't laugh at me. You know I'm emotional."

"Too emotional," Carl teases, his gaze shifting to Madeleine. "I want to show you something, but I'm just going to the shower first."

Madeleine nods, a smirk playing on her lips. "Good, 'cause you stink."

"So do you," Carl retorts with a grin before heading off.

☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

The night envelops them in its shroud of darkness as Carl makes his way back to his siblings, his footsteps echoing softly in the stillness of the evening. Without hesitation, Madeleine presses him for details about the man he saved, her sense of duty urging her to take action. After a brief exchange, the two of them set off towards the sewers, leaving Esperanza behind at the house with Judith.

As they approach the crate, anticipation thrums through Madeleine's veins, mingled with a sense of apprehension at the unknown. She sighs heavily, casting a glance at Carl before Michonne's approach draws her attention.

"Mads, it's time to head out," Michonne states, her brow furrowed with concern as she takes in the scene before her. "What're you doing?"

"We're helping someone," Carl responds, his tone resolute as he meets Michonne's gaze. "A traveler."

"In the sewer?"

"Trust me, if I knew sooner, he'd be inside the walls with us," Madeleine interjects, her grip tightening on the crate as she prepares to open the sewer entrance. But before she can act, a distant noise catches her attention, causing her to freeze in place. "Do you hear that?" she queries, her senses on high alert as she scans their surroundings.

Without hesitation, her hand moves to the weapon at her waist, ready for whatever may come. The clanging sound grows louder, echoing off the walls, and the trio turns as one to face the source of the disturbance. Madeleine positions herself protectively in front of her brother, her muscles tense with anticipation. And then, a familiar voice cuts through the night air, amplified by a megaphone, sending a chill down Madeleine's spine.

"You may be wondering why the hell your lookouts didn't sound the alarm. See, we are polite. I mean, I don't know when they're gonna wake up from that kinda shit, but they should wake up. So let's just cut through the cow shit... you lose. It's over," Negan's voice booms, commanding attention from all.

The trio's eyes flicker towards the approaching figures emerging from their homes, a mixture of confusion and dread settling over them. Madeleine's gaze shifts away when she spots Daryl making his way towards them, his expression etched with concern. The crowd murmurs with disbelief, wondering how Negan managed to slip through their defenses.

"So you're gonna line up in front of your little houses, and you're gonna work up some apologies, and then the person with the lamest one is gonna get killed," Negan continues, his words dripping with malice. "Then I kill Rick in front of everybody, and we move on. I might kill Death, only fair 'cause she tried to kill me first."

"Get to the Reapers, Mimi. Find Alita, tell her to go through the sewers up north, and get in the gateway car to warn Hilltop," Madeleine commands, her voice firm as she strides towards the group of people. Michonne wastes no time, swiftly making her way towards Alita's house to deliver the message. "Daryl, give out guns to anyone who isn't carrying. Today everyone fights to survive or dies trying."

"We can't fight him here," Daryl protests as he follows closely behind Madeleine, Carl trailing behind them.

"We're not fighting back against him, we're fighting not to die by his hands," Madeleine retorts sharply, her eyes narrowing as she spots a few Reapers mingling among the crowd. "Reapers!" she calls out, her voice cutting through the air.

"Ay!"

"Every possible entrance, I want you there," Madeleine commands, her voice firm as she issues orders to the assembled Reapers. "Take someone else with you who isn't a fighter. Y'all protect each other. Only make your way to the sewers and head to Hilltop if they manage to get in. Anyone who gets lost, make your way to Point E. Don't come out until you know you can do so safely." The Reapers nod in solemn agreement as they prepare to carry out her directives alongside a few Alexandrians who aren't accustomed to combat. "Carl, go home. Get Esperanza and Judith out. Head to Point E. Don't come out until I get to you. Rest of you, get armed. Let's protect this place. Spread around, don't be alone, don't get trapped."

"You have three minutes... count 'em, three minutes to open this gate, or we start bomb the shit out of you!" Negan's voice rings out as he repeats his ultimatum, the echoes of his words sending a chill down their spines.

"Why are you still standing here?" Madeleine's gaze sweeps over the assembled group, her tone commanding as she urges them into action. "Let's go!"

Meanwhile, Keisha maneuvers the vehicle through the darkened streets, Jesus and Maggie in tow. The rest of the Reapers remain at Hilltop as planned, but they've been dispatched to Alexandria to join forces with the Alexandrians against Negan's threat.

"Do you think they'll surrender?" Jesus's voice cuts through the silence, his question directed at Keisha as she maintains her focus on the road ahead.

Keisha shrugs, her eyes narrowing as she spots a faint light in the distance, a harbinger of potential danger. "They don't surrender today, they will soon," she replies, her voice tinged with grim determination. "Just need to run out of food... water... choices. I'd surrender too." Without hesitation, she reaches for the radio at her waist. "Nat, drive ahead," she commands, relaying orders to her companion. "I see something."

At her command, a motorcycle tears past their car, its engine roaring with defiant power as it speeds ahead. But the brief respite is shattered when Nat's voice crackles through the radio, a grim warning slicing through the tension. "Tree in the road, it wasn't there before," she reports, her words sending a chill down Keisha's spine. "It's them."

Keisha's grip tightens on the steering wheel as she pulls up in front of the obstructing tree and motorcycle. With a sense of urgency, she grabs her gun before stepping out of the car, her eyes scanning their surroundings for any sign of danger.

Snatching up the radio, she issues a directive to Brie, her voice firm with determination. "Look out for anything approaching the Hilltop. Negan's out."

"Copy that. We'll keep you informed," Brie's voice crackles back through the radio.

Returning to the safety of the car, Keisha surveys her companions with a steely gaze. Maggie sits beside her, her expression a mix of determination and apprehension, while Jesus occupies the seat behind them, his posture alert and ready for action.

"Everyone got guns?" Keisha asks.

Maggie's head bobs slowly. "Yeah, we do."

"We gonna need it."

Back in Alexandria, tension hangs thick in the air as the group gathers together, preparing for the inevitable showdown. Daryl stands steadfast beside Madeleine, his jaw set in a determined line as they gear up for battle. The distant sound of whistling serves as a haunting reminder of the looming threat that surrounds them.

Madeleine takes charge, laying out the plan with precision as they distribute weapons among the group. Grenades and fireworks are gathered, ready to be used as distractions in their bid for escape.

"You need to make it look like we're escaping out back," she instructs, her voice steady despite the gravity of their situation. "Get to the woods, halfway to the quarry, and cut the lights. Get enough of a lead on them, hit them, and get away on foot." Her words carry the weight of command, instilling a sense of purpose in those gathered around her. "You know where we'll be. The ones who can fight will stay at the front of the line with me," she declares.

"Two minutes, people! Dig deep. I want these apologies to be memorable. Bonus points for creativity. Work up a poem, sing a song. I love that shit. Hey, Death, I miss you and I can't wait to kill the shit out of you."

Meanwhile, the rest of the group disperses to their assigned positions, each member steeling themselves for the coming battle. Carl approaches the scene, flanked by Esperanza and Judith. Madeleine lets out a sigh of slight annoyance, realizing that they haven't yet reached Point E as she had thought.

"There's gonna be people in the infirmary. They're gonna need your help to hide, take care of 'em," Madeleine states, her gaze shifting to Tara and Tobin, who nod in understanding before hurrying off. "Get going!"

As the last few people rush to their positions, Esperanza's eyes linger on Madeleine, a silent plea for inclusion written in her gaze. But before she can speak, Madeleine shakes her head firmly, preempting any argument.

"I'm better, I can fight. Carl can take Judith," Esperanza insists, her tone defiant as she refuses to be sidelined.

But Madeleine remains resolute, her gaze unwavering as she meets Esperanza's pleading stare. "Listen, we can't just let them have this place," she insists.

"We can. All we need to do is survive tonight," Carl interjects, his tone firm as he echoes Madeleine's sentiments. "This is our sister's plan. She knows what she's doing. We have to do what she says."

They make their way swiftly to Point E, the urgency of their mission driving them forward. But as they reach their destination, Madeleine pauses, a determined look on her face as she turns to her brother. With a solemn expression, she hands him a rifle, the weight of the weapon a tangible reminder of the dangers that lie ahead. Carl looks up at her, his eyes reflecting a mixture of determination and uncertainty, but Madeleine's smile is unwavering as she leans down to press a kiss to the top of his head.

"I'm proud of the man you're becoming," she admits, her voice filled with genuine affection. She then turns to her sister, her hand reaching out to gently caress Esperanza's cheek. "Both of you. I'm just glad you're here. Now, please, protect each other. Protect Judith."

"I love you, Captain Mads," Carl murmurs, his voice thick with emotion.

"I love you, Captain Carls. I'll meet you three at the door, got it?"

Esperanza smiles warmly at her sister's words. "We'll always be there. I love you."

"I love you too."

Madeleine shares a meaningful look with Daryl, the unspoken understanding passing between them. With a nod from him, they move forward together, their eyes locked in silent communication as they prepare to face the impending danger.

"I want you to fight, but not out here," Madeleine speaks softly to Daryl as they approach the gates of Alexandria. "Keep my siblings safe. You have to go to Point E, stay there with them."

"Mads-" Daryl begins, but Madeleine cuts him off with a firm look.

"There's no time," she insists, her voice tinged with urgency. "Go. I'll handle things here. Just promise me you'll keep them safe."

Daryl's expression softens, a silent understanding passing between them as he nods in agreement. With a final glance back at Madeleine, he turns and heads towards Point E, his resolve firm as he prepares to protect those he loves.

"One minute!"

Keisha's grip tightens on the gun, her knuckles white with tension as she glares daggers at the man before her. The other Saviors gather around the car, their expressions wary as they listen to his commands.

"You all know the drill," he declares, his voice carrying a weight of authority that brooks no argument. "Due to your recent decisions, everything has changed. And yet, nothin' has changed. Everyone needs to hand over their guns. Gary, shoot that beautiful bastard if anyone tries anything. Same goes for everyone in the cars. You included, Kiki."

Maggie exchanges a meaningful glance with Jesus and Keisha, a silent acknowledgment passing between them as they reluctantly surrender their firearms. But Keisha's hands falter, dropping to her sides as she discreetly retrieves a knife from her ankle holster. Maggie shakes her head in admonishment, but Keisha's gaze remains resolute, her jaw set in defiance.

Madeleine ascends the watchtower with a purposeful stride, Carl trailing closely behind her. As he joins her side, confusion etches his features, a silent question lingering in his eyes. "Let me talk to him," he implores, his voice tinged with determination.

"You're supposed to be with them!" Madeleine hisses through gritted teeth, her hand finding purchase on Carl's shoulder as she urges him to return to their group. "Go back. I can handle Negan on my own."

"Mads, you don't have to do anything on your own anymore," Carl's voice carries a softness that tugs at Madeleine's heartstrings, a pang in her chest as she listens to his words. "Look around, listen to what you said, no one fights alone tonight, not even you."

Madeleine exhales heavily, her breath forming a cloud in the cold night air as she follows Carl up the watchtower. As they come into view of Negan below, a smirk twists his lips at the sight of her, a dark amusement glinting in his eyes. He points a finger up at her, his chuckle dripping with malice.

"He's not home," Carl interjects, breaking the intense eye contact between Madeleine and Negan.

The latter sarcastically raises his hands in mock surrender, his soldiers leveling their guns at the Grimes siblings. "Oh-ho-holy shit! Everybody hold your fire," Negan's voice booms through a microphone, as Carl and Madeleine stand atop the watchtower with bored expressions, Madeleine crossing her arms defiantly. "It's Carl and his fine-ass sister. Look at you. Answering the door like a big boy. Or you're holding her hand? You are, aren't you? Scary cat! Regardless, I am so proud. Daddy's not home, huh?" Negan's smile widens as he points a finger at Madeleine. "She is though."

"If you're gonna give a martyr speech, please, do kill me beforehand," Madeleine's voice cuts through the air, his smirk widens at her, a flicker of amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Nothing has changed, you still have that feisty ass tongue on you," Negan retorts, his tone laced with equal parts annoyance and admiration as they lock gazes, each daring the other to blink first.

"And the urge to kill you," Madeleine adds, her smile tight with restrained fury.

"We're finally on the same page, 'cause I want to kill you!" Negan's anger flares, his words a declaration of intent as he meets Madeleine's unwavering stare. "Well, I guess your father's gonna get back to a big old smoky surprise."

Carl interjects, his voice tinged with desperation as he attempts to reason with Negan. "There's families in here. Kids. Our little sister," he pleads, though Madeleine can see the underlying strategy in his words—a ploy to buy time.

"Well, that shit just breaks my heart," Negan replies dryly, his gaze flicking towards Madeleine with a mixture of disdain and disappointment. "There's kids at the Sanctuary. You saw 'em." He sets his microphone down, his eyes never leaving Madeleine's defiant expression. "None of this shit's fair. Hell, you know that. You had to kill your own mom. Right after you lost your biological mother, that's messed up." His smirk twists into a taunting grin as Madeleine clenches her jaw. "How's your sister?"

"Are we going to keep repeating this dance until one of us is dead?" Madeleine retorts, her stance firm as she hovers her hand over her gun. "And we both know I ain't gonna be the one dying."

"We'll see about that," Negan responds, his tone dripping with malice as he meets her gaze. "At the end of the day... I don't have to kill you. I'll let you leave, I'll let you watch everyone around you die, and in no time you'll be back to riding my dick!" His dark chuckle reverberates through the air, sending a shiver down Madeleine's spine as she scans the crowd, noting the absence of a few loyal Saviors. "Now, let me tell you," Negan continues, his voice growing more menacing with each word. "The Hilltop doesn't stand a chance. I sent Simon there. The Kingdom? Sergio is taking care of that shit, and you know he takes after his old man."

Carl's voice cuts through the air like a beacon of hope. "Bad stuff does happen, but we can figure this out," he interjects, his words tinged with determination as he faces Negan. "We can stop this."

Negan finally tears his gaze away from Madeleine to focus on Carl, his expression hardening into one of pure disdain. "Oh, now you want to talk?" he sneers, his anger boiling to the surface. "See, your dad and sister had it that I died, no matter what. They gave my people a choice. Your sister turned my people on me." As Negan strides closer to the gates of Alexandria, his voice rises with fury. "Now we're gonna need a new understanding. Apologies, punish—"

"Kill me."

Negan's brow furrows at Carl's bold declaration, prompting Madeleine to scrutinize her brother more closely. She notices his hand resting on his stomach, as if hiding something, and her eyes widen as she glimpses a smear of blood on his flannel. The realization hits her like a sledgehammer, sending a surge of pain through her veins.

"What did you say?"

"If you have to kill someone, if there has to be punishment, then kill me. I'm serious," Carl's words hang heavy in the air as she reaches out, placing a hand on his shoulder in a futile attempt to pull him back from the edge of his resolve. But as she meets his gaze, she sees it all reflected in his eyes—the fear, the desperation, the acceptance of his fate. "Kill me."

Negan tilts his head, his eyes narrowing as he scrutinizes the siblings before him. There's a flicker of suspicion in his gaze, but he can read the sincerity in Madeleine's eyes. She hadn't anticipated Carl's offer, and it unsettles him more than he cares to admit.

"You wanna die?" Negan's voice is laced with incredulity, his gaze shifting between Carl and Madeleine.

"No, I don't. But I will," Carl's voice is firm, his resolve unyielding as he meets Negan's gaze. He can feel Madeleine's burning stare boring into him, her hand dropping from his shoulder as she grapples with his words. "It's gonna happen. And if me dying could stop this, if it can make things different... for us, for you, for all those other kids..." Carl's voice falters for a moment, his eyes betraying the turmoil raging within him. "It'd be worth it. I mean, was this the plan? Was it supposed to be this way? Is this who you wanted to be?"

Negan's expression softens, a rare moment of vulnerability flickering across his features as he averts his gaze for a brief moment. "You're gonna let your own brother sacrifice himself, Death?"

Madeleine's gaze shifts to Negan, her hand instinctively reaching for the gun holstered at her waist. The tension is palpable as the Saviors react, their weapons trained on her with lethal intent. Yet, before chaos can erupt, Negan raises a commanding hand, halting their aggressive advance. Confusion clouds his expression as Madeleine calmly drops her weapon at his feet, a calculated move that defies expectations.

"You know me, Negan," she declares, her voice steady despite the gravity of the situation. "You know what I would and wouldn't do to save my people, my family... the ones I love. Right?"

Slowly, he nods, his gaze locked with hers. "Yeah, I do know you," he concedes.

As Carl discreetly passes her another gun, Madeleine's eyes never waver from Negan's, a silent challenge passing between them. With a subtle tilt of her head, she signals for her brother to leave.

But their moment is shattered by the crackle of Negan's radio, a voice cutting through the tension with urgent news. Madeleine's smirk widens as she locks eyes with the enraged leader of the Saviors. "Son of a bitch!" Negan bellows, his fury simmering just beneath the surface. "I thought we were havin' a moment, you little assholes!"

With a single shot, she dispatches one of the Saviors, the sound of gunfire echoing through the room as chaos erupts in its wake. "I thought you knew me."

As Negan's anger reaches its boiling point, Madeleine offers him a mocking wave before darting down the watchtower, her brother hot on her heels. In the cover of the night, she signals to Adanna, their ally concealed in the shadows of the woods.

"Ay, Ay!" she calls out, a rallying cry that sets their plan into motion.

"Ay, ay! Kuratta!"

"Ay!!!"

The Reapers burst through the dense woods, their dark figures moving with deadly precision as they descend upon Alexandria. Adanna, among the few who managed to escape the Kingdom after the brutal slaughter of the Saviors, knew she had to rally whatever forces remained to defend their home.

Madeleine clutches Carl's hand tightly as they sprint toward Point E, the chaos of explosions erupting around them as Alexandria is engulfed in flames. With determination etched on her face, Madeleine leads them to a hidden cache of weapons stashed behind a tree, her heart pounding with adrenaline-fueled urgency.

"You're not going to look at me now?" Carl's voice cuts through the chaos, his words heavy with resignation. Madeleine's breath catches in her throat, tears threatening to spill as she fights to keep her emotions in check. "I'm dying, Mads."

Refusing to meet his gaze, Madeleine's hands move swiftly, grabbing smoke grenades from the bag and tossing them in various directions to obscure their movements. As Carl limps forward, Madeleine forces herself to push aside her sorrow, wrapping an arm around his shoulder for support. Together, they press on toward Point E, their steps weighed down by the burden of loss and the grim reality of the fight ahead.

"What'd you do to the others..."

Maggie refuses to meet the man's gaze as he leans into the car window, his presence casting a shadow over the tense scene unfolding before them. Simon's eyes fixate on Keisha, his words dripping with a mixture of authority and menace, while Jesus maintains a steely silence, his gaze never wavering from Simon's face.

"Right now, Kingdom is getting its innards splayed out for the world to see," Simon declares, his tone matter-of-fact as he addresses the group. "Negan ordered for all reapers to get killed, except a few of you. Alita, Adanna, Keisha..." His voice trails off, and Keisha meets his gaze head-on, a defiant glint in her eyes. "The ones he thought were most loyal to him. And the Saviors will be taking possession of that property, starting tonight. Same with Alexandria. As long as they don't make it complicated. But Hilltop? The farmers? The breadbasket of our nascent civilization? It's your lucky day." His words hang in the air like a grim omen, and Maggie avoids his gaze, her jaw set in a tight line.

A distant melody drifts through the air, causing a collective exchange of knowing looks among the group. Keisha's hand tightens around the hilt of her knife, her jaw clenched in determination as she prepares for whatever may come next.

"You hear that? I need you to shift into active listening," Simon commands, his tone urgent as he addresses the group. "Eugene! Who, by the way, I was admittedly skeptical of, but, man, worked out like gangbusters. Unlike Death, he helped us get out of the situation with the masses of the cold and impolite. And now my guys are leading the rest of the herd away. So... this can go one of two ways."

Simon strides away from the car window with purpose, positioning himself squarely between Jerry and the reaper, his stance exuding a sense of authority as he raises his hands as if wielding the power of a vengeful deity. A smirk spreads across his lips, a chilling display of his confidence and dominance.

"One, I can kill this likable gent on his knees over there," Simon declares, his voice cutting through the tense silence like a blade. He gestures toward the helpless figure before him, ensuring his words are heard loud and clear from inside the car. "Drag you out of this car, and put you in a box. In which you will not suffocate to death... like your friend. Sasha."

Keisha's heart pounds in her chest as she listens, her instincts screaming at her to act despite the danger. Without hesitation, she exits the car, ignoring Maggie's protests, and closes the door behind her. Stepping forward to stand a few meters away from Simon, she meets his gaze with steely resolve.

Suddenly, Simon's hand moves with lightning speed, his gun appearing in his grasp as he points it at the man inside the car with Jesus and Maggie. With a smirk, he pulls the trigger, the sound of the gunshot ringing out like a death knell in the air.

Keisha remains unmoved, her expression impassive as she stares into Simon's eyes, her voice steady despite the turmoil within her. "She'd meet you at the door someday, if she hadn't built that door to protect herself from men like you," she declares, her words a quiet but damning indictment of Simon's cruelty.

Simon's throat constricts as he absorbs her words, the weight of her accusation bearing down on him like a heavy burden. His gaze flickers with a hint of uncertainty, a rare moment of vulnerability amidst his usual bravado.

"She's sick," Keisha continues, her voice softening slightly as she reveals the truth that lies beneath the surface. "She's dying."

"Was it us?"

"No," Keisha shakes her head, her voice tinged with a hint of sorrow. "She has cancer, like her mother did. Remember her?" With a swift motion, Keisha retrieves a photograph from her pocket, one that Madeleine had entrusted to her. "She's 18, she still believes in fairytales, her favourite colour's green, she was in an orphanage with me. She was with me until we got separated. She got adopted a couple of months before the world ended. The story she told many just isn't all of it. But there's a reason she's hiding it." With a forceful gesture, she thrusts the picture into Simon's chest. "Keep it, one day you'll need it. Use it wisely."

Madeleine kneels beside her brother, her heart heavy with the weight of their shared burden. With gentle hands, she retrieves his hat and places it tenderly upon his head, the gesture a silent promise of protection and comfort. His breathing labored, his body wracked with pain, they share a wordless exchange, their eyes speaking volumes even as their words fail them. Madeleine's hand comes to rest against his feverish cheek, a gesture of solace amidst the chaos that surrounds them.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, his voice barely above a murmur, yet filled with a depth of emotion that transcends mere words.

"No, you don't have to be," she insists, her voice firm despite the tremor that runs through her. "I'll take care of everything. It's your turn to rest, little brother."

Madeleine shakes her head, her resolve unwavering as she gathers her brother's limp form in her arms. With a strength born of desperation and love, she begins to drag him towards the sewer, towards Point E and whatever fate awaits them there. The weight of his body is matched only by the burden of her grief.

Madeleine's head whips around at the sound of an ominous noise, her senses instantly on high alert. Without hesitation, she grabs Carl's hand and together they sprint away from the nearby house just as it erupts into a fiery explosion, sending debris flying in all directions. The force of the blast propels them backward, causing them to crash onto the ground with a jolt. Coughing and disoriented, Madeleine quickly rises to her feet, her first instinct to ensure her brother's safety. She helps him up, his arm draped around her for support as they stagger away from the chaos.

Tears well up in Madeleine's eyes as she walks beside Carl, the weight of their situation pressing heavily upon her chest. "Was it when you saved him?"

"Promise me you'll look out for him. It was not his fault, it was my choice, Mads," he gasps out, his breaths ragged with exertion.

Madeleine nods solemnly, her heart heavy with the weight of his request. "Promise me you'll be happy wherever you go," she responds, her voice barely above a whisper.

A faint smile graces Carl's lips as he meets her gaze. "I promise," he whispers back, determination shining in his eyes.

With a firm grip on his arm, she guides him down the sewer, her steps echoing softly against the damp walls of the sewer. Together, they make their way towards the far end where a figure waits, their eyes meeting in a silent exchange of gratitude and understanding. As they assist Carl in lying down, Madeleine gently removes his hat, placing it aside with a tender reverence. She notes the sheen of sweat on his brow, her jaw tightening with concern as he reaches out to grasp her hand.

The man who Carl saved opens his mouth to speak, but his words are drowned out by the distant sounds of approaching footsteps. Madeleine's heart leaps with relief when she catches sight of Daryl, Judith cradled safely in his arms. A small smile graces her lips as she accepts the bundle from him, settling Judith beside Carl with a gentle touch.

"Where's Esperanza?" Madeleine's voice carries a note of urgency as she turns to Daryl, her brow furrowing in confusion.

Daryl's expression darkens with concern. "You called for her through the radio after Carl went after you, I thought you-you... I'm sorry," he states, his voice tinged with worry.

"It wasn't them." Shaking her head, Madeleine's breathing quickens as she looks from Carl to Daryl and back again. "I didn't call for her," she insists, her grip tightening on Daryl's arm. "What did the person on the radio say?"

"Just for her to come meet her at the door." Madeleine narrows her eyes at his words. "I'll go find her," Daryl offers, already moving to leave, but Madeleine's hand shoots out, grasping his arm to stop him. "Let me," he insists with a firm voice. "You have to be here for him."

"There's no one out there, there's walkers and bombs, you won't find anyone," Madeleine's voice trembles with emotion as tears well up in her eyes, her fingers tightening around the radio in her hand. "Adanna, come through."

"Ay!" comes the immediate response over the crackling radio.

"Do you have any eyes on my sister? She's not at Point E, can anyone see her?" Madeleine's voice quivers with urgency as she speaks into the radio. "Adanna?"

"Negative, Death."

"If anyone sees her, protect her with your life. We can't get out, we're trapped in Point E. Just—just let me know. Esperanza, if you're listening, please, don't do anything stupid... just hide. I'll find you soon."

Carl's cough interrupts the tense silence, drawing Madeleine's attention back to him. She moves to his side, concern etched on her face as she sits beside him on the bed.

"Where is Esperanza?" he rasps, his voice weak but filled with worry.

"I don't know," Madeleine admits, her own worry bubbling to the surface. "But I'll find her. She must be hiding somewhere. She has to be. She wouldn't put herself at risk, she wouldn't."

Carl's eyes flutter closed, a faint smile playing on his lips as he gazes at Madeleine. "Will you sing for me?" he asks softly, his request a balm to the chaos that surrounds them.

Madeleine's voice fills the room, weaving through the air like a gentle melody as she sings the heartfelt words, her voice a soothing presence in the midst of turmoil. Carl's expression softens, a faint smile gracing his lips as the familiar song washes over him, a comforting reminder of happier times.

"I know, life is in a hurry
Everything always happens, without us ever asking
I know.
I know, time doesn't stop,
Time is something rare
That we only seem notice, when it's not there.
I don't know, if I've walked far enough,
But I know I must've lost one of your smiles.
I'm going to ask time to give me more time
To appreciate you.
From now on, I won't be distant
I'll simply be here."

As Madeleine finishes the song, she hears the telltale sound of footsteps behind her. Turning, she finds Rick and Michonne standing there, their faces etched with grief and tears shimmering in their eyes. The weight of realization hangs heavy in the air as they take in the scene before them.

With a heavy heart, Carl lifts his shirt, revealing the telltale mark of a walker bite on his flesh. Rick and Michonne drop to their knees beside him, their expressions a mix of disbelief and despair.

Rick's voice cracks with emotion as he looks up at Madeleine, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Where's your sister?" he manages to choke out, the words heavy with unspoken fear and desperation.

"She's missing."

☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

Early update!

I managed to finish this chapter sooner than anticipated, even though I was dreading writing it. The next few chapters are gonna be hard for everyone, especially Madeleine and we all know how she acts when she loses people she loves.

Carl dying is actually so devastating 🥹 I cried, this chapter was too emotional for me. It's gonna be difficult to see Madeleine navigate with the grief of Carl when all she wanted was to protect him.

The question on the other hand... Where is Esperanza?

Thank you for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 1.4K 25
๐๐„๐”๐‘๐Ž๐“๐ˆ๐‚ | ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐จ๐œ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ข๐œ๐ค ๐†๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ UNDERGOING WRITING CHANGES!! ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜‹...
224K 7.2K 65
๐‚๐š๐ฅ๐ข ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ. ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
20.3K 919 16
แด„แด€ส€สŸ ษขส€ษชแดแด‡๊œฑ x แดœษดแด…แด‡แด€แด… ๊œฐแด‡แด!แดแด„ โ™ข ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก. ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. โ™ข ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก...
3.7K 90 21
" ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ? ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐œ๏ฟฝ...