The Parent Plan » Harry Styles

By TypicalFangirlx

[completed] Two five year olds, two single parents - one plan. ©2014 TypicalFangirlx all rights reserved. More

The Parent Plan » Harry Styles
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Thank You
Also Check Out

Chapter 29

29.3K 1.5K 896
By TypicalFangirlx

- Athena & Jake -

When you're annoyed you tend to constantly roll your eyes, ignore whatever is bothering you, huff - a lot - and silently wish for it/them to go away. But of course, that doesn't happen. You continue to feel annoyed by everything, if it's a person you're annoyed with, coming from their mouth. Silently telling them to shut up but it's clear that that isn't going to happen. Athena realizes this when Jake continues to talk about Matt throughout snack time.

She just stares at the bag of animal crackers on her lap, drowning out Jake's voice every time she'd chew. Her mind was racing, it's been racing ever since the only topic that seemed to be on Jake's mind was the fact his dad is here and how wonderful he is.

He used to be that way about Harry.

"He's a better football player than Harry," Jake says after sipping his apple juice. He looks over to Athena to see a frown on her face, he frowns to before nudging her foot with his own. "I kicked a goal."

The blonde continues her silence, not wanting to fuel this conversation.

"Then he took me to McDonald's," Jake drawls on, watching Athena with curious eyes. He had no idea why she's been so silent around him lately, it made him upset. "I think him and Mummy are gonna be together."

"What about my Daddy?" Athena finally speaks up, her eyes finding his immediately.

Jake immediately stops digging in his bag of animal crackers and looks away from her. To be honest, he wasn't thinking of Harry in that way anymore ever since the topic of meeting up with Matt came around. He was too busy focused on what Matt'll be like - if he'll be like those other dads he'd see on the drive past the park. He knew, in the beginning of the plan, that Harry would do that, that he would be a great dad but now he's had the opportunity to meet his own. One that does play football with him, one that makes him smile, one that will give him McDonald's. Sure, Harry had done the same things but Matt was officially his.

The question Athena asked was left unanswered.

So throughout the rest of the day, Athena did not speak to Jake - angry with him for losing sight of their plan and angry because all he cares about now is Matt. She stayed silent during their work time, she turned her back to him during nap time and hardly even looked at him the minute Mrs. Roberts dismissed them.

The blonde was quick to spot her tall father in the crowd of other parents. Beside him was Monica, and beside her was Matt. She glared at him for a moment before approaching her father.

"Hey, 'thena. Where's Jake?" He asked picking her up and setting her on his hip. She merely shrugs, eyes trained on the plain white t-shirt her wore. "Are you okay, Cupcake?"

Just as Athena's lips opened to speak, Jake's voice chimed in, "Daddy!"

Harry's daughter just buries her face into his neck and murmurs, "I wanna go home."

Pressing a kiss to his daughter's forehead, Harry bids adieu to the Highlands and Matt. Athena smiles when she hears Harry promise to call Monica before giving her a one armed hug but it fails to lift her mood. Her best friend was not in this with her. Harry pats Matt's back and holds up a fist for a fist bump to Jake. Jake is too focused on Matt to return the gesture. Harry says goodbye before making his way to the car.

"Why didn't you say bye to Athena and Harry?" Monica questions Jake the minute the Styles' walk out the door.

"Can I spend time with Daddy again?" Jake asks, eyes big in a pleading way.

"After your Mummy and me have a talk," Matt answers for Monica, patting his son's head before the three head outside. But at the mention of his parents having alone time, he gets excited.

.

Upon entering the house, Athena is ready to make a bee-line toward the stairs to avoid the question she knows her dad will ask but is stopped short when she nearly rams into Uncle Liam. Harry stops short too, in the middle of the threshold before he steps in and closes the door.

"I need to take my key away from you," Harry says.

"Yes, lovely to see you too Harry," Liam jokes before he meets the blonde's eyes. He squats down to her height. "Didn't mean to frighten you, gorgeous."

Rather than responding, she just hugs him. Her eyebrows furrowing when remembering what Jake told her during nap time. She still hadn't turned around to face him but she didn't need to. She nudges him with her foot and when he hums, she asks, "Do you want Harry as your Daddy or Matt?" There were a few beats of silence before Jake replies, "Matt." She doesn't say anything to his confession, instead she curls up into a ball, wiping a few tears that had escaped her eyes and goes to sleep.

She clings onto Liam Payne for dear life, making the man frown before lifting her up and cradling her in his arms. He follows Harry into the kitchen. "What's wrong with her?"

"I don't know," Harry replies with a frown. He looks at his daughter in his friend's arms and sighs, wishing he did know what was making his baby girl troubled.

Liam had come over to tell Harry the good news about having both songs he'd written (one of them with the help of Harry) being officially recorded and added to his next album. Harry is happy for Liam and asks to hear the songs to which Liam chuckles and says that he can listen to it in March when the album comes out.

Athena stays silent as the two men start talking, drawing random shapes onto Liam's shoulder as her anger and sadness from Jake dwindles down. That is, until Liam leaves and Harry asks her what was wrong. They are both in the living room, Athena sat on his lap as he sits on the couch.

She glares at her lap. "I don't wanna see Jake no more."

"Why not?" Harry frowns, his hand rubbing her back since this is an emotion he has not see on his little girl before. She wasn't much of a sad or angry girl.

And then she snaps.

"Because he doesn't wanna do the plan! He wants Matt as his Daddy instead of you!"

Harry blinks once. Twice. Thrice. "What?"

Athena's eyes widen as she realizes what she's said. She tries to scramble off his lap but her holds her in place, his eyebrows furrowed and eyes confused. There is a pregnant pause, both Athena and Harry rendered speechless.

Harry licks his lips. "What plan?"

And she knows that this is no time to lie, so she doesn't meet his eyes when she starts talking. Saying that they forced him and Monica to spend more time with each other so they could become closer, so they could come closer to becoming what everyone wanted. Athena wanted a mother (though now she believes that she'd have a second mother if Harry and Monica were to wed), Jake wanted a father, Harry clearly wanted someone and Monica... well, they didn't really know what she wanted but this plan worked out for her too, Jake noticed. But she did get closure.

"Wow," Harry sputters once his daughter is done explaining the best she can. He sets her on the seat beside him and stares at the coffee table ahead of him, Athena watches him nervously - she doesn't want to get in trouble. Harry runs a hand through his hair. "I swear, you're actually Louis' child."

She recalls how Louis had set Harry up with Katelyn. And now, she was trying to set him up with Monica.

"Are you gonna tell Moni?" Athena asks softly. Harry nods before standing up, fetching his mobile to get the Highlands over for a talk.

.

Harry and Monica sat beside each other on the couch, both kids being the opposite as Athena was still very upset with Jake and Jake was now upset with her for spilling the beans on the plan because he knew he was going to get into trouble for such a thing. Also, he didn't get to spend the day with Matt as promised. The second Monica ans Matt finished talking, Monica's phone rang and it was Harry. Next thing he knew, they were here while his father went back to his home.

Monica rubs her eyes with the back of her hands. She sighs and looks up."Jacob Riley."

"I sorry," he blurts, cowering into the cushioned seat. He looks down at his lap, feeling bad about going against his mother's word that day he and Athena started the plan. He fiddles with his hands and doesn't bother to meet anyone's eyes because he promised. 

"Me too," Athena speaks up, moving her eyes from Jake over to the two single parents.

Harry and Monica share a look, one that made Harry press his lips together. Jake hesitantly looks up when the silence stretches, he looks over to Harry and Monica and frowns. He wishes Matt was here right now, because he believes Monica belongs with him. They are meant to be a family, they are meant to go places together and love each other. He knows so.

"What you two did was wrong," Harry speaks up, looking between the two five year olds. Monica nods along with his words. "But thank you for doing it."

Jake frowns harder when Harry places a hand over Monica's.

"But what about Daddy?" He asks, making Monica's smile turn into one of sympathy. Harry squeezes her hand before letting go, standing up and taking Athena with him into the kitchen. Jake's eyes follow them, catching his best friend's eye before going back to his mother.

Monica sits closer to him and caresses his hair. "Daddy told me what you said."

"We're gonna be a family," Jake's voice cracks, "right?"

"We'll always be a family," Monica rubs his arms, "but Matt and I... we won't be together, fireball, I'm sorry."

Jake's eyes well up with tears. "Why not?"

"I love Matt," she says, wiping the tear that cascades down his cheek, "but not in that way. But hey, you'll still have a Dad and you'll still have a Mum - and we will be a family no matter what."

"Do you love Harry in that way?" He asks, wiping at his own tears.

Monica smiles and pulls him into a hug. "Not yet, but the chances are good."

.

After informing Jake, that he will not have a broken family but a cracked one, he is forced to make amends with Athena. Monica tells him that she was hurt by what he told her - Harry had told her what happened between their kids over the phone but left out the concept of the plan because it was more of a face-to-face type thing. So he makes sure his tears are gone before walking into the kitchen to see Athena sitting on the counter with Harry making something at the stove. Jake walks to the counter and stops in front of her.

"I sorry," he whispers making her lift her head to meet his eyes.

"It's okay," she replies before Harry places her onto the floor so she can hug Jake. He hugs her back tightly. She then whispers so that Harry won't hear, "You can have two Daddys and I can have two Mums."

"I like that," he responds before pulling away from the hug.

"Me too," she agrees before smiling at him.

And then Harry invites Monica and Jake to stay for dinner. Which they do, and during dinner not once did Jake's mind flutter towards Matt - he looked at those around him and concluded that he can have a real family here and another one with Matt. Matt and Harry are both great, and Jake is excited that soon enough, he'll be able to call the latter "Dad" as well.

After Monica thanks Harry for dinner, they say their goodbyes - Jake peeking from the window of the car to see Monica and Harry kiss goodbye. She comes back to the car with a smile and meets Jake's eyes through the rear-view mirror. "Your stunt may have been worth while but you're still gonna be in time out, mister."

"That's okay," he says returning her smile. 

When they come back to the apartment Jake quickly runs to his room and changes into his The Hulk pajamas (he likes to change the minute he gets home so he's at his most comfortable) before running back out into the living room to see Monica already sitting down and watching TV. She quickly scoops him into her arms and sets him on her lap.

"You may be a mischievous one but you have good intentions," she whispers to her son before running a hand through his hair.

And though Jake doesn't know what 'mischievous' or 'intentions' mean, he still beams at her and lays his head on her shoulder. "I love you, Mummy."

"I love you too, fireball."

.

And both kids fall asleep with a smile on their face because they realize, they are another step closer to becoming the family the had desired since that summer.

- - -

(A/N): NOT EDITED FIVE FREAKING YEARS, GUYS! I cannot tell you how proud I am of our boys. I've been in this fandom since early 2011 and I honestly can say they've made a huge impact on me in more ways than once. They always put a smile on my face when I was feeling down and taught me that even if things don't work out at first, there is still the chance that it'll end up being everything you've ever dreamed of. What's you story?

Anyways, ugh, the past chapters (and this one) just get me feeling some type of way. I smile so hard when I'm writing that my cheeks are now sore. Holy crap, I love this chapter as well. Face it, 27 28 and 29 will be prime of this story. (Unless I fall in love with the next one too). I hope you enjoyed!

Importance of Chapter: So, we finally get Athena's thoughts on all that's been happening - what with Matt coming along and Jake talking non-stop about him. And, our two best friends get mad at each other because Jake is losing sight of the plan and Athena made him come to the Styles' house (since she accidentally spilled the beans) when he wanted to hang out with Matt. Oh, and the plan is revealed but Harry and Monica are grateful for what they've done (they are still to be punished though for meddling). Matt tells Monica what Jake had told him on their outing (it's not a scene but it's implied). Jake gets an eye-opener that Monica and Matt won't be together but that doesn't mean they still won't be a family. Of course, Jake still wants a family though so his eyes go back to Harry. And the kids make up. All is good.

SONG OF CHAPTER:  COUNT ON ME - BRUNO MARS

Importance of Song: Obviously a song of friendship. Now, there many important things that happened in this chapter (but honestly what song is about seeing your best friend's dad as your possible future dad? the answer is none) so this is just about Athena and Jake's friendship and since Lirry was mentioned, it's about them too (:

p.s. GUYS, OH MY GLOB, YOU GOT THIS STORY TO RANK #45 ON THE 7TH (btw, happy birthday ash!) AND I CANNOT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH! YOU ARE AMAZING AND DON'T LET ANYONE DULL YOUR SPARKLE xx

p.p.s gif of the wonderful lirry

520 VOTES & 230 COMMENTS!

©2014 TypicalFangirlx. All Rights Reserved.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 1.2K 46
@JakePaul @ErikaCostell Plug plug plug 😂😂😂😂😂 A story about Jake and Erika/Jerika hope you enjoy! ❤️ ¥COMPLETED¥ Started-9/8/17 Finished-23/9/17
35.6K 687 7
continuations of my story prosecco ______ you can find me on my tumblr at moonchildstyles.tumblr.com
51.3K 549 25
Short one shots featuring Harry Styles and Y/N. Please vote and feel free to make requests. Some stories will detail which Harry era features, otherw...
8.4K 312 22
Happily married. On good terms with all. Expecting a baby boy. Everything seems to be working out for good. But remember, things aren't always what t...