Archon of time

By DemonLordDragonis

Freedom , Contracts , Eternity , Wisdom , Justice , War and Fear . These are the 7 follow their own Ideal in... More

Archon of time
Dawn of a new Era
Liyue and Sumeru
Dendro God and Hydro Nation
The Fontaine Prophecy?
Blancheur and Noirceur
No More
Time vs Hydro
My Will
La Vaguelette
Unexpected
Departure.
Grievances
My Bad?
Sumeru Desert adventure
Over and over and over
Christmas Special
Are Dreams dreams or Memories?
Uh oh
Dreams, Emptiness, and Deception
Aaru Confrontation
Akasha Pulses, the Kalpa Flame Rises
Darkened Heart
A battle of Gods
Reunion
Very Random Sumeru Adventure
Special : Fontinalia Festival
Special: Fontinalia Festival Part 2
Special: Fontinalia Festival Part 3
Award Ceremony
Desires (R+18)
Fontaine Madness?
An Ice Cold Gift
A Darkened King
A Night Out
Fitting
question
One more Sin
An Archons Sin
King's Secret
The Royal Knights
Moon
Fast Travel?!
Reunion
instead of Furina and/or Focalors
A King's Darkness/ A Queens Ascension
Winter is Coming
The War
Look at the image for the chapter.
Frozen Heart?
Time vs Eternity
.....well...
Justice
New Story for those interested.

Burning in the Embers

229 5 24
By DemonLordDragonis

"You were born into this world all alone"

"But here in the house of the hearth, you will grow up to be strong. Your goal is to learn, to compete, to defeat all your brothers and sisters in battle, and become "king" "

All the children were amazed by how the story ended. As the woman held the book close to her chest, she noticed someone was missing. This woman was the knave...

Knave: Where's Peruere? Didn't she want to hear this story? 

A child raised her hand.

Child" 'Scuse me, mother! She's doing a funeral for her spider.

Hearing that, the knave simply sighed. 

Knave: That Child... Maybe her curse is flaring up again.. Clervie, see to her.

Clervie: Yes 'Mother'.

Outside a girl with white hair was burying her pet spider by a tree.

???: I'm sorry for your loss...

She looked over to find a man in a mask wearing a cloak chained around him. 

Peruere: ...

He looked down at her hands, they were slowly turning black.

???: What was their name? 

Peruere: Arlecchino...

He clenched his fist and pounded his chest.

???; A very noble name. And yours, Child? 

Peruere: Peruere.... yours mister?

He remained silent for a moment, then spoke. 

Sougo: Sougo.. 

As they sat there, he watched her bury the spider in silence. Before long, a girl arrived holding a tray with 2 cakes. She was currently eating a bit of one. 

Clervie: I brought cake. 

She looked away, trying to avoid eye contact.

Clervie: You-you want some? 

Peruere nods. 

Peruere: Sure... Maybe mister So- 

She turned to find him gone. The girl put the second cake down and backed away.

Peruere: You must know spiders don't eat cake. 

She felt embarrassed by not knowing. 

Clervie: Oh! Yeah, I know! 

Over the course of the day, the two spent their time together, with her curse slowly fading away.

It was dark outside, the two were reading a book. Several hours later, Clervie was having her bandages changed. Her hand held high as if she's reaching for the sky.

Peruere: Do mothers usually argue with their daughters? 

She turned around and opened the window. Revealing the sky and the blanket of stars. 

Clervie: I heard in Snezhnaya, colored lights dance in the night sky. When we're grown up... 

She smiled at Peruere.

Clervie: Shall we go see it together? 

<Several days later> 

Peruere was in her room, reading when she felt a familiar presence. 

Sougo: How are you holding up? 

She looked over to find him, sitting at the edge of her bed. She returned to reading her book.

Peruere: Better... but why are you here? 

He looked at the door, his tone turning serious. 

Sougo: I only came to warn you... Child, years from now... you will experience great loss and pain...

She looked up from her book, only to find him gone. 

<Years later> 

Her eyes widened in shock as she looked down to find a sword being run, through Clervie.

She raised her head, towards her ear using what strength she had left.

Clervie: You will be...a great " King" .

As the smoke clears, Sougo watched from atop the rubble, she takes a slow breath.

Clervie: I'm sorry...Thank you.

She falls back, Sougo jumped down. He grabbed her and laid her down , closing her eyes .

Sougo: I warned you... Child, but now.

He watches as her hands changed color.

Sougo: Shall we, make a plan? 

< 1 year later > 

It begins to rain, as they walked to a green house. It was slowly becoming dark outside. 

Peruere: Don't interfere... She's mine..

Sougo: Very well... 

They arrived to find the Knave holding a wilted flower. 

Knave: I should have pruned this flower long ago, not waited till it wilts... how grotesque, wouldn't you agree? 

Sougo: Even a wilted flower has it's uses... You on the other hand, just the filthy mongrel that will be crushed. 

She looked at Peruere, smiling sinisterly.

Knave: Oh, it's an unannounced visitor. Peruere , dispose of him.

She charges at her instead, going for the first strike. Sougo sat down in a broken throne, someone placed a golden grail on the arm rest. 

Sougo: Thank you, Woz. 

He gave a neck bow to him. 

Woz: At you service, my lord. 

As the two battled, they simply watched.

Woz: She has potential... it that why you planned on recruiting her? 

Sougo: Correct, but...

He looked at him confused.

Woz: But? 

Sougo: She's still too young and her curse...

He looked at her hands as black and red flames slowly erupted from them.

Knave: innocence and Kindness are such beautiful qualities... Sadly.. they're also Useless! 

She charges at her. Sougo watched as blue and red flames clashed, the two emerged from the flames crossing blades.

Knave: A bird tied down will never fly the next. You are no exep- 

Sougo: Oh myself, Woman SHUT THE HELL UP! Peruere, show her your true power! 

Using her free hand, Peruere engulfed it in flames. Trying to strike her, only for the knave to counter, throwing a small blue flame dagger at them. She was sent flying back, she was covered in rubble. 

Knave: Your still weak... no match for me. 

Sougo drank from his grail. Peruere looked at the ground, then over at the wilted flower.

Sougo: Don't hold back... show her.

She gave a small smile as she moved the rubble off of her. The Knave chuckles as she readies herself.

Knave: Surrender, Let your "Mother" guide you, and you shall become the one true "King" ! 

She stood up, The knave charges at her. She dodges her attacks or blocks them with her arm. As the knave tries to stab her. She grabs her hand , looks her in the eye. 

Peruere: "Mother" ...

This shocked The Knave as she jumped back. During her shock, Peruere charged forward, kicking her into the ceiling. The glass from the roof, shattered. Woz held his book over Sougo to prevent any shards from cutting him.

Peruere: My Answer... 

She holds her hand out as Crimson flames erupted around them. The Knave was shocked by the power she had, fear consumed her.

Peruere: Is no...

A flame scythe formed in her hands, She swings upwards at her. The knave watches as she was helpless to prevent it. Sougo clapped his hands together.

Sougo: The victor has been decided. 

The building soon exploded.

<Several minutes later> 

Sougo was carrying her away to safety. She was unconscious, Woz followed behind he turned to find the building in ruins.  

Sougo: Impressive Peruere.. I'd expect nothing less from a future Royal knight. 

Woz turned to his King.

Woz: My Lord? 

He chuckles. She soon awoke, She looked up at him. 

Peruere: Mister Sougo? 

He looked down to find her awaken. 

Sougo:  Ah your awake.. Good. 

She looked around to find them in another area.

Sougo: Peruere... you won. But.. 

She looked at him.

Peruere: But what? 

He placed her against the nearby building..

Sougo: You must forget me... I'm gonna show you a simple " Trick" with your powers. One that's painless.. I promise.

After showing her, she looked up at him.

Peruere: What about you?

He crosses his arms and gave a bellowed laugh. 

Sougo: When the time comes... I'll summon you again. This is good-bye... for now.

She was engulfed in flames, her memory of Sougo fades away.

<Sometime later> 

Peruere was sitting in a chair alone, behind bars with her hands in chains. Two guards walked by, one looked at her. 

Guards 1: She killed the Harbinger? 

Guard 2: Shh! 

She looked out at the window to see the aurora in the night sky. She was drawn by it's beauty. Shortly, she was dragged to the icy citadel. A man with a mask covering half of his face, held his hand out with 3 others behind him. 

Pierro: Her Majesty, the Tsaritsa, has decreed as follows. " I hereby pardon your crimes,  and bestow upon you a new name. This title and it's legacy of bloodshed are now yours to bear, my poor, mad, cursed.. Knave." 

She stepped forward, accepting her cursed fate. 

<Several Years Later> 

Arlecchino was watching as Chronus threatened, the Tsaritsa. Once dismissed, she reported to him. Upon learning of his upcoming death, images flashes in her mind. From a man being there for when she buried her pet spider to Witnessing her killing her "Mother".

Arlecchino: My king... and Sougo... they're the same.

<Years Later> 

She was sitting at a table with her hands together. 

Arlecchino: Well? Report.

Lyney stepped forward. 

Lyney: Yes, "Father" We managed to distribute more of the Magic Pockets to people down at the port today. And also... 

She turned her head slightly. 

Arlecchino: Go on..

She said in a cold tone. 

Lynette: I found someone.. someone you described years ago. From a story you use to read to us. 

An Image flashed in her mind of her, reading to them a bed time story.

Arlecchino: What of it? You three always asked me to read you those stories every night before bed, when you were younger. 

Lynette: Well... 

She pulled out a picture and shows it to the Knave. 

Lynette: He kind of looks like the main character from the story. 

Her eyes widened at the image.

Arlecchino: Do any of you, remember the last line before the story ends? 

" When the worlds looses hope, the God of Time will descend. His power sleeps, once he gathers the 7. The Heavens will quake, the land will shift. The God of Time... will finally wake from his sleep." 

Arlecchino: I want you to bring him to me, bring him to me before he meets Focalors. 

They each bowed and leaves her alone. She looks at the picture and gave a small smile. 

Arlecchino" The King... has Returned.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Preview of a another story I'm physically writing) 

Writing in a book, someone was listening to music. Unknown to him, Alarms were blaring. 

<In an Elevator> 

A woman playing an Air Violin, while it descends. As she played, Chaos ensues outside. The lights and power went out, resulting her to stop playing. 

< Elsewhere> 

The writer stopped, removing his earbuds.

Writer: I'm not a big fan of this story...

A monster came charging from behind him. 

<Rekka Batou!> 

The monster turned to ash, as the writer was holding a sword engulfed in flames. 

(Meanwhile in the Elevator) 

???: Seems, I came at a bad time.

A screen popped up.

'No, No- I think you couldn't have timed it better." 23:47:15 system time, very punctual , Kafka' 

Kafka: Elio always tells the exact future and his highness as well.. I like existing. So what was the explosion just now, was that also part of his script?

' Uh-huh - 24:44:59 system time. The pulses from the explosion cause a massive breakdown from the master control system.' 

Kafka: You did that? 

'No, the Anti Matter Legion did it. They completely invaded the space station two system hours ago.' 

She whistles as if she's impresses. 

Kafka: Alright, so do we need to fight the legion? 

'I dunno. Elio Didn't say anything about it, so it doesn't matter.'

Kafka: Got it. So from now on, I'll be in charge of this operation.

'Copy. Can you let me have some fun this time? Our last few operations turned out to be pretty dull.'

Kafka: ... Sorry, I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you, our task this time is just to "Place" The target properly. 

'...' 

Kafka: But, if you wanna go look for some fun yourself, I wont stop you. I mean, after all...

She exits the elevator and finds a group of Antimatter legion, she walks out smiling. 

Kafka: Elio didn't pet it in the script! 

She pulled out two Smg's, pulling the trigger.

<Elsewhere> 

Flames enveloped the hallway as someone was walking through holding a sword in flames.

???: "Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful." A famous line from Frankenstein mind you.

He swings his sword as the Flames enveloped several more Anti Matter legion.

???: But my favorite line " I decide how this story ends." 

An Antimatter attacked him from behind, he swung his sword burning them to ash.

???: Now... Where's the doomsday? 

________________________________________________________________________________

Everything belongs to their rightful owners! The later half of the chapter is just a short preview of whats to come. 

Ciao! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 167 12
"The Golden Sage". "Prima Donna". "The Daughter of the Mare Jivari". Three different titles from three different nations. In the discord between the...
131K 3.4K 44
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be actually Isekai'd. Not reading a character going to another world but you yourself getting sent to...
61.7K 1.9K 22
Before Kujuo Sara, there was another, another commanding force that raised his sword and valor in the Electro Archon's name. He who was known as the...
210K 7.5K 28
After arriving in this world, youve long since adjusted to life in Mondstat, but after you recieve a commission that has you trailing to Liyue you so...