QUARTET ALLIANCE: LEND A HAND...

By myjflower_101

"𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲, 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Way out
Chapter 2: Donuts
Chapter 3: Slow Brandy Words
Chapter 4: Don't Believe Me
Chapter 5: You've Seen It
Chapter 6: Rich Cousin
Chapter 7: New Disaster
Chapter 8: First Blaze
Chapter 9: Second Blaze
Chapter 10: Memorandum
Chapter 11: Friends
Chapter 12: Library
Chapter 13: Cognize My Sadness
Chapter 14: Rising Restlessness
Chapter 15: We're Not in Love
Chapter 16: Beg No Avail
Chapter 17: Word Of Honor (Horror)
Chapter 18: False Incrimination
Chapter 19: Inner Clash
Chapter 20: Dangerous Throwback
Chapter 21: Enclose a Beginning
Chapter 22: Trapped bars and feelings
Chapter 23: Blague
Chapter 24: D.I.M 2
Chapter 25: Royal Scheme
Chapter 26: Traitor
Chapter 27: Micheal
Chapter 28: Divulge A Mystery
Chapter 29: Random Ransom
Chapter 30: Hope
Chapter 31: Piping Blather
Chapter 32: Exchange
Chapter 33: Depraved Affection
Chapter 34: The Wrong Heir to the Throne
Chapter 35: Insentient Love
Chapter 36: Pressurized Snow
Chapter 37: Haunting Progress
Chapter 38: Helpless
Chapter 39: Garden of Myths
Chapter 40: Lie to me
Chapter 41: Unruly Inferior
Chapter 42: A Year
Chapter 43: Traitor In a Dilemma
Chapter 44: World Disasters
Chapter 45: Killing Machine
Chapter 46: King of Veracity
Chapter 47: Progress
Chapter 48: One Team
Chapter 49: This Isn't You
Chapter 50: Rekindling Connections
Chapter 51: Buried Truths
Chapter 52: Verdict of Fury
Chapter 54: Welcome Back Micheal
Chapter 55: My Name
Chapter 56: Risk
Character Q&A: Getting to Know the Cast
Character Q&A: Your Questions Answered
Chapter 57: Tension
Chapter 58: The Retrial
Chapter 59: Cutie
Chapter 60: Stirrings Of The Soul
Chapter 61: Sealed It
Chapter 62: Only You Babe
Chapter 63: Stay Away
Chapter 64: Deceptive Royal Guard

Chapter 53: The Pendant

20 3 87
By myjflower_101

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

12:20 P.M

– Behind the Library –

    Kazuo and Omi stood side by side, their eyes tracking Zen's restless movements as he paced back and forth. The air between them crackled with tension, each passing moment feeling heavier than the last. He had arrived around five minutes ago on his motorcycle.

    The redhead's irritation was almost palpable, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek, hands in his pockets, and brows furrowed slightly, a silent testament to the frustration simmering beneath the surface—despite his efforts to appear composed.

     Omi and Kazuo exchanged uneasy glances, silently acknowledging Zen's presence. Despite their attempts to break the silence, Zen remained detached, his silence speaking volumes.

    Kazuo shifted uncomfortably. What was this about? It felt like they were students caught cheating and now their teacher was just standing silently in front of them. But, this wasn't even like that. Him and Omi didn't do anything wrong, and certainly didn't say anything that would remotely anger Zen.

     "So," Zen finally stopped pacing and Omi almost let out a sigh of relief, "What's the deal with both of you?" he gestured to them like they were some sort of new discovery.

     "Us?" Omi asked.

     "No, me and the fucking president of China," Zen rolled his eyes.

     Kazuo glanced at Omi's shocked face before he spoke, feigning ignorance, like he had no clue what Zen was referring to, "We were just chilling," he replied casually, as if they were discussing the weather.

     Zen narrowed his eyes, clearly not convinced by Kazuo's nonchalant demeanor. "C'mon, Kade, don't play fucking dumb," he said, his tone bordering on exasperation.

     Kazuo raised an eyebrow, maintaining his facade of innocence. "I'm not playing anything, Zen," he replied, his voice calm and collected. "I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about."

     Zen sighed in frustration, clearly not buying Kazuo's act. But before he could press the issue further, Omi stepped in, attempting to divert the conversation to safer ground.

     "Why does it feel like we are being interrogated? Can Kazuo and I not hang out peacefully?"

     Zen scoffed, "Listen here, you fucker. Don't try to play dumb, because it will NOT work, alright? I don't know when this fucking friendship started, but it doesn't mean you can just keep secrets from me!" the redhead's voice rose with each word, his frustration boiling over.

     Kazuo held up a hand, his patience wearing thin. "Hey, calm down, Zen," he interjected firmly. "We're not keeping secrets from you. It's just been a hectic day, and we're all trying to process everything."

     Zen clenched his fists. "Okay. I don't want to get mad at you, so just tell me what's going on."

     "What do you want to know?"

     "Do you hate Sager?"

     Kazuo sighed, his frustration mingling with concern as he regarded Zen. "No, Zen, I don't hate Cicero," he replied honestly. "We've had our disagreements, but he's still our friend."

     Zen's expression softened slightly, his fists unclenching as he listened to Kazuo's words. "Then stop talking to him like that. I have never seen you lose your cool, but somehow, you're always yelling at him."

     "Um, Cicero was also yell—" Omi started.

     "Shut. The. Fuck up." Zen's eyebrow twitched.

     "......"

     Kazuo spoke, "Understood. I'll try not to get angry again."

     Zen nodded slowly, but Kazuo could still sense some underlying threat.

     "So, what was that shit you were arguing about again? You being a control freak and what? Not telling anyone about dimension two, right?"

     "Yes. I think it's safer if we keep it a secret, but I don't know why Cicero wants to reveal it to the world," Kazuo explained.

     "Then did you try asking him?"

     "No, because why would you even think like that in the first place," Omi interjected once more.

     "I don't fucking know, because I'm not him."

     "There was also today. He said that the only way Naomi would be found guilty is if we reveal her ties with D.I.M two." Omi continued.

     Zen scratched his head impatiently, "How awful. He should be reprimanded strongly."

     "That's what happened," Kazuo said, ignoring Zen's sarcasm.

     "Cool. Anyways, if you have anything you wanna discuss, do it with us involved, including Sager, even if he disagrees with you. He is a fucking child, so try to speak with him nicely," Zen gave them one final look before leaving.

     Kazuo nodded even if Zen couldn't see him and just stood there as the redhead got on his motorbike and put his helmet on before driving off.

     "So, what now?" Omi asked Kazuo.

     "We have to be a lot more cautious from now on."

     Kazuo pondered over his next steps. He considered involving everyone in their search for answers, and he had to admit it was cruical. Zen's idea didn't sound so bad. Each member of their group brought unique skills and perspectives to the table, and they would need all hands on deck to unravel the mysteries surrounding them.

     But convincing Cicero to keep their discoveries about D.I.M 2 under wraps would be no easy task. Kazuo understood the gravity of the situation. He would need to find a way to appeal to Cicero's rationality.

    "Are we actually going to involve the others?"

     "Yes."

    "Even the girls?"

     "No, Omi."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

     And it went just like that. Everyone gathered around each other in the park the next day, exchanging nods and greetings as they took their places. Kazuo did weigh out his options, and found this to be best. If he did try to keep it a secret, maybe it could have snowballed into something bigger and uncontrollable.

    However, he did expect there to be a bigger sense of anticipation today, but Rehan kept yawing and Zen was on his phone as they waited for Cicero to arrive. It was like they were bored out of their minds.

     Omi was the only one who was looking up at him in interest as he sat on the steps.

    Kazuo almost reconsidered this whole thing, but he decided to be patient for a little bit. As he scanned the horizon, there was a sudden break in the silence. The distant sound of hurried footsteps drew nearer, accompanied by the rhythmic thud of running shoes against pavement.

    Without warning, Cicero burst into view, his expression slightly harried yet undeniably enthusiastic. "Hey, sorry I'm late, everyone!" he exclaimed, his words punctuated by short breaths. "Had a modeling shoot so early and you wouldn't believe the traffic."

     "You model?" Rehan was suddenly awake now.

     "Not really, it's just a side hustle," Cicero waved his hand, "Oh, and I got drinks and snacks for everyone!" He reached into his bag and pulled out a selection of beverages and snacks, distributing them among the group.

     "And Omi," Cicero continued, pulling out a book, "I got you a book. Saw it at the bookstore and thought you might like it."

    Omi's eyes widened in surprise, a flush of guilt masking his face.

    "Thanks, Cicero," Omi said, his voice laced with gratitude. "I really appreciate it."

    "Not at all," the green head sat down next to Zen and then looked around, "Where are the ladies?"

     "They ran away when they saw you approaching," Rehan said through laughs as he munched on his chips.

     Cicero looked back at him, "Away? You mean towards."

     "Eww, shut up" Rehan tried to kick him, but he dodged it.

     "What is this place anyways?" Cicero asked, "It's like a park in the middle of no where. It didn't even show on the GPS."

     "I did that." Kazuo said.

     "....."

     "Bruh, you don't even know how to use a phone properly," Rehan said, a grin tugging a his lips.

     "Yeah, you don't even have Instagram," Cicero agreed.

    "Social media is toxic anyways," Omi tried to save Kazuo the embarrassment.

    "What are you two? Fucking high school mean girls?" Zen remarked.

    "No, but he's acting like he can hack GPS, and he doesn't even have Insta," Cicero argued.

      Kazuo was really starting to regret this.

     "Why does he even need Insta?"

     "So, he can follow me, duh," Cicero said like it was the most obvious answer.

     "And get traumatized by your thirst traps? No thanks," Zen frowned.

     "They're not THAT bad," Cicero pouted and Zen smacked his head.

       Kazuo rubbed his temples and breathed in deeply.

      Rehan swallowed a mouthful of chips before he spoke, "Yeah, actually. You look good."

      Cicero rubbed his head and pointed at Rehan, "See? He gets it."

     "Okay, you ogre," Zen gave one final  comment, causing Rehan to choke.

    The green head feigned offense, placing a hand dramatically over his heart, "Zen!"

    "Guys!" Omi shouted over the playful bickering, making everyone stop, "We're here for an important thing, so stop fooling around."

    "Fuck yo—"

    "Aha! Right, sorry, Omi," Cicero said before Zen could curse his entire bloodline.

    "Did you guys know Micheal is coming back from Malaysia tomorrow?" Rehan continued talking to Cicero, ignoring Omi.

    "Oh my god, really?" Cicero's mouth gaped.

    "Yeah, like, his flight lands in the afternoon," Rehan confirmed, excitement evident in his voice.

    Cicero grinned widely. "That's awesome! We should plan something special to welcome him back."

    "I'm going to beat the shit out of him," Zen said.

    "Because you were so sad, right? Me too," Cicero hugged Zen from his side and rested his head on his shoulder.

     "Guys," Kazuo said calmly.

    "I will ask Jiryu if we can use his mansion."

    "No, come to my house," Cicero suggested.

    "Guys."

    "How about--"

    "Guys, I think Veldra might still be after us!!"

    ".........................."

    "The fuck did you just say?" Zen asked.

     The group fell silent, their expressions ranging from confusion to disbelief. Kazuo took a deep breath, steeling himself as he explained his theory about the pendant and its possible connection to the royal family.

    "I've been working on a case when I found it" he finalized, his voice steady despite the unease churning in his gut. "And I think this pendant might be more than just a family heirloom. It could be a key, or some sort of clue."

    Cicero's brow furrowed in thought, his gaze fixed on the pendant in Kazuo's hand. "You're saying that this pendant could mean that he's been here or sent someone?"

    Kazuo nodded gravely. "It's just a theory, but it's the only thing that makes sense. We've been followed, attacked, and now this pendant shows up out of nowhere? It can't be a coincidence."

    Omi's expression darkened, his mind racing with the implications of Kazuo's words. "If Veldra is indeed after us, then we need to be prepared. We can't afford to underestimate him."

    Zen's jaw clenched, his eyes narrowing with determination. "So, what's the plan?" he asked, his voice tinged with urgency.

    Kazuo glanced at Cicero before speaking, "We stay alert," he said firmly. "And we watch each other's backs. No matter what."

    "Can I see that?" Cicero stood up and walked over to the raven head.

    Kazuo nodded, handing the pendant over to Cicero, who examined it with a furrowed brow. "This is... interesting," Cicero murmured, turning the pendant over in his hand.  "So you found it in Mr. Sato's house?"

    "Yeah."

    "Hiroshi Sato...." Cicero mumbled the name before he paused, a look of realization dawning on his face. "Wait a minute," he said slowly, his eyes widening with surprise. "Hiroshi Sato... I know that name."

    Kazuo and the others looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to continue.

    "I think my dad knows him," Cicero explained, his voice tinged with disbelief. "They used to work together years ago."

    "Hold up," Zen interjected, his brow furrowing in confusion. "Your dad knows Hiroshi Sato?"

    Cicero nodded, still processing the revelation himself. "Yeah, I think I can get my hands on some files."

    "That would be great," Omi said.

    "How does that make sense? I didn't see your dad's name on the files of the case," Kazuo frowned.

    "They worked back in America," Cicero explained briefly.

    "True. He did live there for seven years," the raven head nodded in thought.

    Cicero's expression turned thoughtful as he continued to study the pendant. "I wonder if there's some sort of hidden message or clue on here," he mused aloud.

     Zen walked up to him leaned in closer, his curiosity piqued. "What kind of clue?" he asked, his gaze fixed on the pendant.

     Cicero shrugged, his eyes squinting as he tried to scan the intricate designs etched into the metal. "Could be anything. A symbol, a code, maybe even a map," he speculated.   

     Zen looked up at him for a second before laughing quietly.

     "What?"

     "You need your glasses to even see these details."

     "I doubt Kazuo would even let me take it home to check it with my glasses," Cicero huffed.

     Kazuo glanced at the pendant, considering Cicero's words. It was true that the intricate details might require a closer look than Cicero could manage without his glasses. But as he weighed the options, a thought occurred to him.

     "You can take it," Kazuo said suddenly, surprising both Cicero and Zen.

      "Really?" Cicero's eyes widened in disbelief.

     "Yeah, you can," Kazuo confirmed, nodding.

     With a grateful nod, Cicero carefully pocketed the pendant, his expression a mix of surprise and gratitude. "Thanks, Kazuo. I'll make sure to handle it with care."

     As the time wore on and their discussion reached a temporary dead end, the group decided to call it a night. They bid each other farewell and left.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

     "You have been staring at that thing for five fucking hours straight." Zen pointed out in the middle of a peaceful quiet in his room.      

     "I feel like I'm getting something," Cicero said without looking at him. He was seated at the table, his gaze fixed on the pendant resting in front of him. The soft glow of the night lamp illuminated his features, casting a solemn aura around him.

     Cicero had come over a while ago. Standing at the redhead's doorstep with his glasses tilted and whining about how he 'couldn't focus at his own house, since his dad had some friends over, and Zen's house was peaceful and cold.'

     Zen was laying on his bed, observing Cicero with concern and curiosity. "Getting something? Like what?" he inquired. "Is a clue going to pop out of nowhere?"

     Cicero sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "I don't know..."

     Zen watched as Cicero remained fixated on the pendant, seemingly oblivious to everything else around him. With a sigh, Zen shook his head, realizing that he  was far too engrossed in his research to pay attention to anything else.

     "Well, then eat your food." he regarded the plate he made for Cicero a while ago.

     "I'm not hungry," he mumbled absentmindedly.

     "Don't make me get up and shove it down your throat."

    Cicero finally tore his gaze away from the pendant, turning around to look at Zen with a mixture of amusement and exasperation. "You wouldn't dare," he challenged, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips.

     Zen raised an eyebrow, his expression unyielding. "Try me."

     Cicero chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "Alright, alright, I'll eat," he conceded, reaching for the chopsticks and taking a bite of the food in front of him.

     Satisfied, Zen put his head back on the pillow, a small smile tugging at his lips as he watched Cicero finally indulge in the meal.

     "It's not like Kade will murder you if you don't find anything."

     "I know," Cicero swallowed and fixed his glasses, "I just want to find something."

The green head finished up the meal, "Your food gets better every time I taste it."

"Shut up," Zen turned the other way.

Cicero laughed before he turned around as well and looked at the pendant.

Then it hit him.

Suddenly, Cicero's eyes widened in realization. "Wait a minute..." he exclaimed, his voice filled with urgency.

Zen turned to him, surprised by the sudden outburst. "What's wrong?" he asked.

Cicero held up the pendant, his hands trembling slightly with excitement. "Aria Lixen," he said breathlessly.

Zen's eyes widened in surprise. "Aria Lixen? What about her?"

Cicero's heart raced as he connected the dots. "She had the same necklace," he revealed.

Zen's jaw dropped in shock, his mind racing with possibilities. "Are you serious?" he exclaimed, unable to hide his astonishment. "Why didn't you remember earlier?"

Cicero shook his head, his mind still reeling from the revelation. "I don't know. I think I needed to eat. I didn't make the connection until now."

This changed everything. If Aria had the same necklace, then there was definitely more to it than met the eye.

Cicero's excitement bubbled over as he reached for a nearby notebook. "I need to write this down," he exclaimed.

Zen shot him a look, "Calm down, Sager," he said, his voice low. "It's late, and I need to sleep."

Cicero's excitement was palpable as he scribbled down the newfound revelation, a wide grin spreading across his face. "Sorry," he whispered, his voice filled with giddy excitement. "I can't help it. This is huge."

Zen couldn't help but smile at Cicero's infectious enthusiasm, despite his own exhaustion. "Will Kade give you a cookie? Let's find out tomorrow."

"I would like one, actually."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132 11 12
(The whole story is currently getting rewritten, maybe we can wait until August 9, 2024) Mysterious world, mysterious mysteries. Let's just keep movi...
1K 80 83
The world as we know it has come to an end... The human race has fallen to its dismay... There's zero hope of survival... The only sound that is comm...
1.2M 54.7K 74
"Our universe grants every soul a twin -- a reflection of themselves -- the kindred spirit -- And no matter where they are or how far away they are f...
58.9K 4.5K 25
6x featured | When his crush kills herself in front of him, Diego ends up back in time in order to confess his love for her. A second chance, a possi...