The Last Wolf Standing

By Kelia_

||Highest Ranking: #769|| Madison and Lily, both new rogues left their pack after realising that certain t... More

Preface
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Family Ties
Prequel?
Anniversary Chapter

Chapter Seven

5.4K 278 31
By Kelia_

After Seth showed up, he said that he wanted to take us to meet his mother. She was at work when the meeting was called so she did not hear the announcement about Lily and myself. We did not hesitate to accept his invitation. I really wanted to see what their parents looked like because I remember Zackary saying that he looked like their father while Seth looked like their mother but Seth only mentioned his mother.

Seth took us to a large house that was really close to the main pack house. Many of the houses were large and wooden with huge windows and a lot of detailing on the outside. This neighbourhood had a rustic feel to it, it was kind of cozy. We walked up to the door and Seth pushed it; it was unlocked.

So they don't lock doors in this neighbourhood then. Weird.

As soon as the door opened a wonderful aroma filled my nose. It smelled like sitting on the beach with your favourite celebrity, it was literally paradise. I smiled widely as though I had just received a major prize. I was not leaving without being fed. Whoever was cooking surely knew what they were doing.

"I'm home!" Seth called out. His house was so big I was surprised that I didn't hear an echo. We took off our shoes as soon as we stepped inside.

Like the pack house, this house was rustic and modern but mostly modern. They had a hallway filled with what looked like family photos. Seth walked down the hallway with Lily and I following close behind him. At the end of the hallway was a nicely sized living room with a two large couches, two recliners and a large flat screen TV. It was beautifully decorated with wooden trimming and bright lights.

Next to the living room was the dining room, they had an open floor plan. They had a mahogany stained stable with matching chairs with blue and gold place settings. I looked around to where I believed the blissful smell was coming from and saw an archway that probably led to the kitchen. Past the chairs and to the left was another hallway which must lead to the rest of the house.

"I'm in the kitchen!" A woman's voice called so Seth gestured for us to follow him through the archway I had speculated led to the kitchen.

When we walked inside we found a beautiful lady standing close to the stove. She had long, brown hair, green eyes and a round face. Zackary was right, Seth did look like their mother. She smiled at us and her eyes sparkled a bit. Their kitchen was fairly large with all the appliances being stainless steel and black and white granite counters tops were on golden brown counters. The cabinets matched.

"Mom, this is Lily and Madison, they just joined our pack. These are the girls I was telling you about." Seth smiled.

"You mean the girls you and your brother had to spy on at night for days?" she asked and he nodded. "It's very nice to meet you girls, my name is Isabelle. I hope you enjoy being with our pack."

"Thank you, it's very nice meeting you." Lily smiled before shaking her hand.

"You have a lovely home." I said gently then shook her hand as well.

"Thank you, I decorated it myself." Isabelle grinned proudly so I returned the smile.

Zackary was in front of the stove so being the nosy person that I am I walked up next to him to see what he was making that smelled so enticing. He had a tomato sauce simmering, and was adding pasta into a non-stick frying pan that had what smelled like garlic shrimp in it.

"Zackary decided that he wanted to learn to cook recently so I'm teaching him some of my secret recipes." Isabelle rubbed Zackary's back in a loving way.

"I wanted to learn something new and decided why not try cooking?" he said as he mixed the pasta and shrimp together. The scent made my eyes want to roll into the back of my head. It was so mouthwatering.

"At least you aren't useless." I bumped his shoulder playfully and backed away before he could retaliate. He settled for sticking his tongue out at me and I laughed at him.

I looked back to see Lily but her, Seth and Isabelle were gone and I didn't even hear them leave. I told Zackary that I was going into the living room before I left the kitchen. I found Lily and Seth sitting side by side and being the amazing best friend that I am, I forced my way between them. I sat down as if I was doing nothing wrong and just stared straight ahead. I could feel two pairs of eyes on me and I could almost feel Lily's glare stabbing me in the side.

"Madison, don't you have any friends?" Lily asked very rudely so I looked at her like if she grew a second head.

"Actually I do, she's right here." I said in a menacing tone and before she knew it I was straddling her and kissing all over her face. She screamed so I covered her mouth to muffle the sound. I heard Seth to my right laugh and I guessed Lily heard it too because she gave him the death glare.

I heard someone clear their throat so I looked up to see Zackary choking back a laugh, the tears were glistening in his eyes. I titled my head to the side which was a habit I had picked up from my mother when we were in wolf form together.

"Is there a problem?" I asked while trying to sound as serious as possible and look as composed as I could with a struggling girl underneath me.

"Of course not." He chuckled.

"I thought so, if not you would get the same treatment." I said in a bold voice.

"On second thought I have a problem, a huge problem." His laugh was gone and a smirk graced his face. It was then that I understood what I said and how he responded.

"You are disgusting." I muttered before giving Lily one last slobbery kiss on the cheek and getting off of her. She wiped her face, repulsed, as soon as she was freed.

"Why didn't you help me?" She seethed at Seth.

"There are certain things that wolves just don't get into and one of those things is getting between two she-wolves when they are fighting." He said nonchalantly.

"We were not fighting!" She exclaimed, "She was attacking me and you sat there and laughed."

Seth shrugged his shoulders, pulled out his phone and started playing a game. Lily being the brat that she was folded her arms and huffed. Zackary went back into the kitchen to finish cooking. I hoped that he made extra so that Lily and I would get to eat.

Lily later took out her phone to read an E-book but I didn't feel like fiddling with my phone so I went back into the kitchen so that Zackary could have some company.

"Are you almost finished? I'm starving, Zack." I groaned.

"Oh, so I still have this nickname?" He mumbled lightly.

"Yes you do, I'm tired of calling your full name." I said while pacing back and forth in the kitchen.

"Who said that I was going to give you food anyway?" He asked.

"I'm a guest so you have to be polite and offering food is being polite." I replied.

"I could just kick you out of my house, you know." I stopped pacing.

I laughed loudly but stopped abruptly, "You want to kick me out because you do not want to feed me but sneaking into my room is perfectly fine."

He chuckled but didn't say anything else. Soon enough he turned off the stove and asked me to get six plates out of one of the cabinets but one had to be plastic. My height gave me an advantage so I reached the plates easily. He then asked me to grab five glasses.

Six plates but five glasses?

When I looked back at the stove I noticed that he did not pour all of the pasta into the pan with the shrimp, instead, he left it in the pot and added tomato sauce to it. I didn't question it though, I just washed the plates and the glasses then dried them and rested them on the counter. Zack plated the food then I helped him carry them to the table. We took all of the cups to the table and placed all of them in front of a plate then put the pitcher of orange juice in the center of the table. The plate with only pasta and tomato sauce did not have a cup to go with it and my curiosity flared even more.

"Dinner is ready!" Zack called and everyone gradually moved to the living room.

Isabelle sat at the head of the table and Zack sat to her left so I sat next to him and Lily took the seat next to mine. The plate without the cup was on the other side of the table, opposite me meaning that Seth had to sit opposite Zack. I noticed that Seth had disappeared but as soon as that thought arose Seth appeared with a little girl in his arms. She had a sippy cup in her hands. She was the one that the extra plate of food was for. She, too, had green eyes but blonde hair falling in curls around her face. She was adorable. This had to be their little sister.

----------------------
Hey guys and girls!!

Vote? Comment something nice? Critique the story??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33.3K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...
8.8K 633 43
[Featured by @YAFantasy @werewolf and @WattpadUrbanFantasy] γ€œβ™‘γ€œ Madison had always been the girl who writes the story, but what happens when she find...
18.2K 2.2K 70
Jace needs a Luna. Emma needs a way out of her cell. He makes her an offer she can't refuse: freedom for a union defying the natural order. But the p...
4.5M 230K 42
Alyssa and Daimon's future is in deep trouble when his dead fiancΓ©e comes back to life and the alpha of the top pack, Pablo, threatens to come for th...