Paradise // JJ Maybank

By FALLINGforSTYLES01

Samantha Routledge is a fellow Pogue, and the younger sister of John B. Granted John B is only 10 months olde... More

Introduction to 'Paradise'
'Paradise' Play List
I can't have cold towels! (Chapter 1)
The Pogues (Chapter 2)
Trout can be vicious creatures. (Chapter 3)
'You ate shit!' (Chapter 4)
Jealous Sam? (Chapter 5)
Where are your pants? (Chapter 6)
That will get blondie staring (Chapter 7)
Chill out, have a drink (Chapter 8)
'You're a hypocrite.' (Chapter 9)
'You call me a hypocrite but get mad when I call you your name!' (Chapter 10)
'What's your dirty talk like?' (Chapter 11)
'Can you get your butt the fuck out of my face!' (Chapter 12)
'I miss him, Jay.' (Chapter 13)
'Hey, old man!' (Chapter 14)
Shit what did I do? (Chapter 15)
'Why'd you do it?' (Chapter 16)
'Who's Bird and Bear?' (Chapter 17)
'You want to know the truth, Sam?' (Chapter 18)
'Arrogant Cunts' (Chapter 19)
'The bastard pushed me' (Chapter 20)
'My little star' (Chapter 21)
'Then beg' (Chapter 23)
'It's not all about you baby.' (Chapter 24)

'Yeah, but you do' (Chapter 22)

110 2 3
By FALLINGforSTYLES01

__________

I stand awkwardly on the Jetty alongside my big brother and our best friends, the same jetty that JJ and I were in a very compromising position only a couple hours ago. I fell asleep in Jays arms last night only to wake up in them. Luckily, we both woke up before John B. John B and Kie jump into the water to set up the drone as Pope, JJ and I watch them through the small screen.

"What's this right here?" JJ question reaching forward to press something on the screen. Pope quickly slaps his hand away.

"Don't touch that." He scolds the blonde making me laugh. We watch John B and Kie mucking around under the water.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ mumbles his appreciation as Pope rolls his eyes at him.

"Yeah, he'll be the only one of us with money." I laugh going to light myself a joint.

"Seriously, what would we do without you controlling the drone." JJ tells the boy. We'd probably be on a beach enjoying a nice cold beer instead of following a fucking treasure hunt.

"Technically, it's not a drone, it's an ROV." Pope tries to explain making JJ and I groan.

"Shut up! Shut up! It's too early for that right now." Once JJ finishes his scolding, my brother and Kie break through the surface of the water.

"When we get footage of the wreck and gold, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B explains to the group.

"Such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" The blonde complains.

"Well, there is maritime salvage laws. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope adds to the conversation before JJ snatches the joint for my lips to take a hit.

"I know. Its just lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." I explain the same thing my dad use to always rant about.

"How do you guys know all that?" Kie laughs with an impressed look.

"Our dad said it like a million times." John B voices sending a smile in my direction.

"The tethers really long. In the wrong weather, it can get push around." Pope says looking over the large drone.

"We have to wait for the right weather. Today is not that day." I state the obvious looking up at the dark sky.

The five of us decide that we should spend today running errands and making some spare change as we haven't done much this break. Pope suggested that JJ and I help his dad out with deliveries, which we quickly agreed too. So now Jay and I sit patiently alone in the Chateau waiting for Pope to pick us up.

"You know, it's not too late to cancel on Pope." JJ mumbles suggestively into the crook of my neck as he kisses it. "We'd have the house to our selves all day, just imagine the things we could get up too."

"As tempting as the sounds, we promised him." I chuckle pushing the horny blonde off me. "Plus, we can both do with the spare cash. I haven't worked in over a week and mum will have bills due soon." I rant as I grab us both beers from the kitchen and join him back on the lounge.

"Yeah, I know." He rolls his eyes at me shooting him down, as he grabs his beer from my hand. "Have you visited her recently?"

"Not since before the party at the boneyard." My answer immediately makes his eyes d=fall to the fading bruises littering my face.

"I'll take you when you want to go next, I don't like you being there alone."

"I'm used to it though; I know how to look after myself." I am quick to reply.

"I know, but that doesn't mean you have to do it all alone." It goes silent at his words before we are interrupted by loud beeping. "Umm, that's Pope." Jay says grabbing my hand and leading me out the from door.

____________

JJ holds his arms out for more bags as Heyward barks orders about today grocery drop. I listen patiently waiting for him to leave so I can light a smoke. A relaxing day on the water running errands with my two best friends.

"You three get these groceries over to Figure Eight. Get straight back here when you're done. No fishing." He orders as we load the boat. "I promised delivery by this afternoon, rich folks don't want to wait for you-'' The man stops mid-sentence when he sees Jays extended hands. "Oh, JJ, thank you. Sons of bitches." The three of us are quick to agree, taking off on Haywards boat. As we travel up stream and into Figure Eight all the beautiful and disgustingly large houses come into view.

"Doesn't even look like the storm hit here." Pope voices what we are all thinking. I pull out the joint I've been craving and light it up.

"That's because they got generators bro, get used to it." JJ says rolling his eyes at the life some people get to live.

"Then they say the juice will be out all summer at the cut. It's fucking bullshit." I complain as the two boys nod with agreement.

"It's nice to be a Kook." Pope mumbles, steering the boat further into town. JJ decides to do the few store and houses, while Pope and I decide to do the golf club together as there is more to carry. The burning sun kisses my skin as we lug the bags across the field.

"I heard there's some weird Discovery Channel episode on the decaying of bodies from the civil war in a couple weeks. I thought if the Tv's are up and running by then maybe you and I could watch it." I tell him starting up a conversation.

"You hate Discovery Channel." He states the obvious as I roll my eyes playful at him.

"Yeah, but you love it." I shrug but before I can say more, I am cut of by a painfully annoying voice.

"Hey, what's up guys." Rafe comes to stand in front of us, blocking the path as Topper stands uncomfortably behind him. "How much for one of those beers?"

"They're not for sale." Pope says trying to defuse the situation and get on with our job.

"Oh, wait, wait. You can give us one, then, right?" He asks stupidly making me roll my eyes at the inconvenience.

"Or you could order one, like everyone else, you polo wearing prick." I spit as I go to push past him, only for him to grab my wrist tightly and puh me back in front of him.

"You're not listening to me." He grossly smirks. "You've got so many, and we've got nothing." Rafe says looking between him and his friend.

"They're already paid for." Pope states with a frustrated look. Rafe ignores him as he looks through the bags in our hands.

"You probably stole them, right?" He snares before ripping the bag in Popes hand, the groceries falling all over the dirt path.

"What the fuck, you dick!" I shout at the intitles asshole before he hits one of the bags out of my hand.

"You owe me for those." Pope yells in shock, looking down at the ruined food. People like me would die to have a meal on the table, people like Rafe think it's funny to waste it to make themselves feel tough.

"I don't owe you shit, Pogue." He gets in Popes face which makes me mad. I push him back only for Topper to grab onto Pope.

"Come on man, we just want one of these beers." Pope struggles in his hold fighting for the case of beers. Topper makes Pope go flying across the floor and grunt in pain. Nah fuck this. I step forward and immediately strike Topper in the face with my fist making him fall to the floor with blood dripping from his nose. Before I can react, Rafe hits me hard twice with the golf stick, making me crouch on the ground. My ears ring as I barely hear Topper trying to get Rafe to stop and Pope trying to see if I'm okay.

"Stay down bitch!" Rafe yells at me before sending a sharp kicks to Popes injured stomach and face. He slams the golf stick down only just missing his head. The lunatic finally walks away as I race over to Pope, Topper staring down at us in shock.

"You friend is fucking crazy cunt. You might want to put a leash on him before someone makes him their bitch." I snap before he stumbles away. I look down at the boy in pain as I use the end of my top to wipe away the fresh blood. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah." He groans before looking to see the blood on my face. "Are you okay?"

"Oh please, the day I start to like I'm not okay over some stupid thing that Rafe has done, is the day that I kill myself." I laugh helping him get up from the ground.

We clean up the mess and explain to the club why we don't have their food, which they weren't very pleased with. Rich cunts. The only thing racing through my mind is; what is JJ going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 1.5K 66
Josephine Routledge is the twin sister to John B Routledge. Their dad goes missing during the search for the famous shipwreck, the Royal Merchant. Th...
15.2K 268 13
Alexandria Delfine was a trouble maker. So much so, that her parents shipped her off to Kildare Island in the Outer Banks to live with her uncle to "...
1.5M 20.4K 46
Y/N is a pogue, and best friends with JJ, but she's had feelings for him for a while.
305 12 12
Y/n Routlegde, John B's Lil sis . When her parents divorced her mother was pregnant with her , so she never really met her dad and brother until the...