Fruits Basket The Blossoming...

By Gamekip99

Sakura Suzuki is Tohru Honda's best friend and rich big sister figure her entire life. Like Tohru, Sakura li... More

OC Info
Chapter 1: Seeds of Friendship
Chapter 2: The Animal Instinct
Chapter 3: Sense and Insensibility
Chapter 4: Kagura
Chapter 5: Blood or Bonds?
Chapter 6: Festival
Chapter 7: Date
Chapter 8: Is There A Doctor in the Soma House?!
Chapter 9: Sakura's Life Pt 1
Chapter 10: Sakura and Tamaki
Chapter 11: Night Life (Sakura's Life Part 2)
Chapter 12: New York for New Years
Chapter 13: Schooling Off
Chapter 14: Darth Mall
Chapter 16: Uncle Yoshi
Chapter 17: Yuki and Me
Chapter 18: Timely Fashion
Chapter 19: Valentines Day

Chapter 15: NYC Let's See

19 0 0
By Gamekip99

Anyway, as the kids were in NYC, Iroha was in her hotel room and doing some daily checking in with Akito, her boss. Kagura was also on call with her, and Shigure too, since all 3 had some sort of contact or relation with the group who went to NYC.

Akito: Were there any people who witnessed the two's transformation?

Iroha: Nope.

Shigure: How are they doing?

Iroha: Fine.

Kagura: Did Kyo cheat with me on some harlot in the city?

Iroha: No. But he did get chased by a bunch of girls. They were luckily diverted away.

Kagura: Whew. Thanks, Iroha.

Akito: What would we ever do without you?

Iroha: Now, I got to do a daily check in. Later.

She closes her tab and starts going through the footage that would most assuredly ruin Akito. Iroha would use the car crash scene to stop Akito, but she was trying to find some sort of dirt on someone else: Ren Soma.

Although Ren Soma was only out for Akito, Iroha was used by both as a weapon to fight back against the other. While Ren was older and had ties to the first head Akira, Akito had more resources. Both wanted to use her, and Iroha had enough.

Iroha: Not this, no. No, no, no. Aha! Perfect.

She pulled up a file of conflicts between Akito and Ren. And as she played it, one of them happened in a warehouse filled with certain items. Soon, Akito was held back and was kicking and screaming in Ren's direction while being held back by Hatori.

Iroha: Aha.

====================
==========

Day 4

Sakura was writing out an itinerary out for the places the group would visit for the day. It had shopping districts, statues, famous landmarks, and much more. Junpei, Tamaki, Kyo, and Yuki all showed up as the girls and Sakura finished their plans.

Sakura: Ok. First off, welcome Junpei. He'll be our new friend and all.

Junpei: Hey.

Arisa: So, here's the plan. We visited the Statue of Liberty already, so we'll go ahead and start off with Times Square!

Asura: It's the biggest and brightest part of town! There's so much, and there's no shortage of pictures to take!

Sakura: Now, do we have our Metro Cards?

Junpei: Uh-

Tamaki: Junpei forgets his.

Junpei: Sorry, sorry, sorry-

Tohru: It's no problem, Watanabe. You can borrow mine.

Junpei: Thanks, Honda.

Sakura: Better hand out the plans first.

She does just that and it has the typical look to it. Some landmarks, a break for lunch, but the Rockefeller Center was last and the longest since it was around Winter Time.

Saki: It's ice skating season.

Arisa: So we'll be ice skating for a while at the Rocky Feller Station.

Asura: Rockefeller.

Arisa: Whatever.

====================
==========

Once they arrived at the train station, they tried their best to try and navigate the system and figure out a way to their first destination. Times Square. However, they still had no idea what to do, even with Tamaki's directions.

Asura: Which train do we get on?

Tamaki: Left train, Yellow line to time square.

Asura: Left, right?

Tamaki: No, right is wrong.

Saki: Wait what?

Sakura: Take the left train to the right destination.

Yuki: So left, right?

Junpei: Yeah.

Kyo: Blue line! Right train!

Kyo, Tohru, and Asura accidentally get on the right train as the Suzuki siblings luckily stop Arisa, Yuki, Saki, and Junpei.

Arisa: Why you stopping us?

Tamaki: The left train is the right, oh great. I fed them false info.

Sakura: We probably should've worded that better. Get out while p-

Kyo, Tohru, and Asura try to get out, but they get the doors shut in on their face. The train leaves the station while Arisa, Saki, Junpei, Yuki, Sakura, and Tamaki all stay on the station.

They don't find out they're on the wrong train until a few minutes later.

Kyo: Wait a minute, this train is the right train!

Tohru: No, I think we're supposed to take the left one.

Kyo: Ugh! They had to word it better! Asura? Any way we can get to Times Square?

Tohru: Luckily, Tamaki posted directions to get there.

Asura: Perfect! I'll memorize this and copy it onto my phone.

As the genius girl does this, Kyo looks on the messages Tamaki sent her, and they were filled with, "I love you", "Best GF ever", and lots of mushy stuff.

Kyo: Hey, Tohru?

Tohru: Yes, Kyo?

Kyo: Did you really date Tamaki? And what was he like?

Tohru: Oh, he was super kind. He made me feel loved and appreciated. And he was kind and caring to me. Even though it might have seemed arbitrary, I could understand why he broke up with me though.

====================
==========

Flashback.

Tohru was getting ready for a date with Tamaki. She was getting in her nicest pair of clothing because Tamaki had a surprise for her. So Kyoko was fishing through her storage and got Tohru a nice dress.

Kyoko: That Tamaki is a lucky guy. I wore something like this whenever your dad and I went out for a little dinner.

Tohru: What restaurant was Tamaki taking me to?

Kyoko: Oh, it's called the Fated Nouveau. I usually go there for business dinners involving anything.

Tohru: I'm so nervous! I like Tamaki and all, but, what if it goes wrong? What if I order too much? What if I-

Kyoko: -have a good time? Tohru, be in the moment. Enjoy it with your boyfriend.

Tohru blushes, but soon the doorbell rings and the blush faded from her face. She rushes to the door and sees her date.

Tamaki: Come on, Tohru.

Tohru: Bye mom!

Kyoko: Have fun, kids!

Tohru and Tamaki rush off to the restaurant to eat, while Kyoko looks over photos of her and Katsuya. She still remembered when Tamaki had a crush on her, but liked how he gave it up for a chance with her daughter instead since it seemed more realistic.

Kyoko: Katsuya, I hope you approve of this.

As she looked over the pictures, Katsuya's ghost also looked over them, and he saw the couple run off into the night, laughing and smiling, before seeing Kyoko and her pictures.

Katsuya: (Tohru, he chose well. But if he ever hurts you, I'll make sure to haunt him as much as I can.)

====================
==========

Kyo: So he took you on fancy dates?

Tohru: Yep. They were really nice. But my favorite dates were amusement parks or just a stroll in the park?

Kyo: Why?

Tohru: Because I was happy spending time with him. He may be some rich guy, but I liked it was just us or when his gifts were made from the heart. Not like I hated his presents. I loved them because they were a piece of Tamaki he gave me.

Kyo: Oh.

Asura: Wow. You're seriously unlike many girls. Most of them would try to bleed him dry.

Tohru: What?! I'd never take his blood!

Kyo: She means use Tamaki for money.

Asura: Anyway, we just got to take these trains and soon, we'll reach Times Square.

====================
==========

On the train with the larger group. Tamaki and Junpei were talking with the group of friends and catching up, or introducing themselves from Junpei's perspective. They were trying to find seats, and Tamaki sat in the middle of Tohru's friends, Arisa and Saki.

Arisa: So how was NY, Tam-Tam?

Tamaki: Ok.

Saki: Your waves are a lot calmer than last time. You seem happier, active, and more relaxed.

Arisa: Yeah. You were tired and had bags on your eyes. Now, you're better.

Tamaki: Yep. I could be myself. All I wanted was acceptance and respect for being more than just an heir to a huge fortune. It wasn't easy when your childhood friends are also your only true ones.

Arisa: Yep. Also, I have a question.

Tamaki: Ask.

Arisa: Did you really want to break up with Tohru?

Tamaki: *sigh* No. but every time I saw her face, I was just reminded of everything. I loved her. But I loved her too much. Back then, I couldn't even look at Tohru without being reminded of Kyoko, or my dead parents.

The ikeman sighs as Arisa and Saki nod. Both of them liked Tamaki, and even after he broke up with Tohru, they considered him a good friend.

Arisa: Well, I can help you with that. Me and Hanajima.

Saki: I'll help provide wave treatment.

Arisa: And I can help with the Tohru mind detox.

Tamaki: Thanks. But why are you doing this? I broke up with your best friend.

Arisa: Yeah. But can you swear revenge on tornadoes?

Saki: No, because you didn't tell the tornado to come and ruin everything.

Tamaki: Thanks.

Sakura: We're here! Times Square!

====================
==========

Tamaki's group soon arrives all the way in Times Square. It was bustling and buzzing with people and bright lights and advertisements. The pitter patter of feet and steps were heard, many tourists had cameras out to take pictures, and fashionable clothing and shops were everywhere.

Tamaki: Welcome to Times Square!

Junpei: Aka, our after school hangout.

Sakura: So big!

Yuki: It's like from a manga.

Arisa: It's like Tokyo, but Americanized.

Saki: I'm sensing so many waves.

Tamaki: Ok, some picture taking, then a selfie picture. We'll wait for-

Kyo: Hey! Try and say your directions more clearly next time!

Tohru: Sorry, but they were confusing!

Asura: Next time, say correct instead of right, in left and right train paths!

Tamaki: Sorry. Come on! Let's take some pictures!

====================
==========

The Empire State Building was next on the tour. It reached as far as the eye could see. To the tourists, they were looking at a skyscraper that could reach all the up to heaven's gate. To Junpei and Tamaki, it was a normal building. But........

.......the observation deck was next.

Sakura: Awesome!

Tohru: We're so high. Mom! Take a look!

Arisa: This is amazing!

Asura: You put a photo of Kyoko in your wallet?

Tohru: I bring her everywhere.

Saki: That's really sweet.

Kyo: Holy moly, we're high!

Yuki: We know, Kyo.

Junpei: We sometimes come up here.

Tamaki: But not all the time. Since you guys are here, we decided to purchase tickets and stuff.

Asura: Next up is Grand Central Station to Brooklyn Bridge.

====================
==========

The station was just expansive, but still famed for the architecture. The Brooklyn Bridge however, the group took a lot of photos and saw the river it was above on. However, it kind of got boring fast, and they needed something good to eat.

Tamaki: Who wants pizza? My treat.

Arisa: Hell yeah! 

Saki: Let's try the English language here.

Waiter: Hello? May I take your order?

Saki: Hero, Sa. Can ui Oda a raju pizza?

Waiter: A large pizza? Sure. Any toppings?

Tohru: No, sa.

Waiter: How many?

Arisa: Two.

Waiter: Ok.

The waiter leaves and Tamaki and Junpei could tell their English still needed work. Kyo and Yuki were shocked while the rest were embarrassed.

However, the pizza there more than made up for the bad English.

====================
==========

Next was Central Park. It was an expansive and beautiful place where many people hung out or enjoyed some activities, like frisbee, football, or soccer, or running. The field was green, the pond was clear, so the gang decided to take a rest.

Soon enough, they got hungry, so Sakura, Saki, Asura, Junpei, Kyo and Yuki got snacks. Arisa went as well, but she gave some tips to Tamaki.

Arisa: Ok, just talk to Tohru and make sure you don't bring up the car crash. If she does that, divert it if you can.

Tamaki: Thanks, Arisa.

She goes off to buy some snacks as Tamaki talks to Tohru about everything.

Tamaki: So......how was my sister like when you guys lived in that tent?

Tohru: Ok. She mainly did the finances but I kept telling her I got it handled.

Tamaki: Well, me and Sakura have money to spare. You don't. Why didn't you just live with a relative or with Sakura?

Tohru: I didn't want to be a bother. All I really need is a place to stay and a roof over my head.

Tamaki: *sigh* Tohru. You keep giving it all without receiving it all. (Yes! Hopefully my mouth doesn't let out anything stupid.) You need to learn to take care of yourself. Arisa, Saki, Asura, my sister, those two jokers, we're here for you. So let us be there.

Tohru: I know, and I'm really thankful.

Tamaki: Ah, I'm glad the girl I fell for is still there, but you have to learn to take sometimes. You can't give to another bucket if there's nothing in yours.

Tohru: I know, but I don't want to take too much.

Tamaki: Here's an example.

He pulls out some grass and counts the blades and has Tohru look at them.

Tamaki: Imagine the grass is like what you need. Take what you need.

Then, Tohru attempts to take some from the ground, but she slowly takes a few grass blades from his palm, as around 5% is gone.

Tamaki: Ok. Look, I don't hate you in any way. Trust me. I just, I don't know what to do. It all happened so fast. Mom and dad dying, Aunt Kyoko, Uncle Yoshi becoming the CEO, and abroad learning. It's no excuse, I'm just-

Tohru: No, no! I understand you're overwhelmed. Look, I'll be there for you. Even if I'm not your boyfriend anymore.

Tamaki: Thanks.

Tohru then kisses his cheek, which makes Tamaki blush a bit, and Kyo drops his pretzel before Sakura catches it.

Kyo: Are you-

Tohru: Uh, if you're implying, uh, I mean, oh, we're not-

Tamaki: I don't know why she did that either. Reflex, probably.

Tohru: Sorry, I just did that when we used to-

Kyo: Ok, I get it.

Asura: Popcorn?

Saki: This is getting good.

Yuki: Better watch out Kyo.

Arisa: Carrots might have another love rival. How can you beat Tamaki?

Kyo: NO I DON'T!

The rest of the group laughed, blushed, or were speechless the rest of the walk in Central Park.

====================
==========

Lastly, was the Rockefeller Skating Rink. Since it was Winter, the group could ice skate on the floor of it, right after Sakura did a bit of shopping. It was very chilly and slippery, as people's skates it the ground and scratched up the floors when they moved forward.

Once the group were on it, Junpei showcased his amazing ice skating skills while Tamaki was just going forward.

Arisa: Dang. Look at Watanabe.

Saki: He's like an Olympic Level Athlete.

Tamaki: Oh yeah. Junpei is great in sports and stuff. More so than me. School, I beat him though. But he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life though. When you're good in almost anything, what can you do for the rest of your life?

Kyo: Oh yeah. Why did Watanabe quit your bully's group anyway?

Tamaki: You see-

Sakura: Wow! You're so fast, Yuki!

Yuki: I don't know how I do it.

Kyo: That's it! I challenge you, Rat Boy!

Yuki: Not again.

Kyo: Yes! Ice skating race! First one to do 10 laps around the ice rink, wins!

Yuki: *sigh* You're on.

====================
==========

Even after all that, Yuki won because he abused the loophole of around the ice rink. Kyo complained again, but Asura pointed out the rules, and he backed down. But to make him feel better, Tamaki decided to talk to him on the way back.

Tamaki: Anyway, Sakura said you're a fan of Martial Arts?

Kyo: Yeah! It's so fulfilling and it makes me feel like I'm on the top of the world.

Tamaki: I took it because it made me feel like a Superhero. I had martial arts powers, riches, and a genius brain, like Batman. I could defend my friends, and it felt awesome to do.

Kyo: Well, I didn't feel like a superhero, but I certainly loved the training. Hey Sakura, you're right. I needed someone like me sometimes. Thanks.

Soon, they were met by the Suzuki family butler, Hiroshi Akashi.

Tamaki: Hi Akashi.

Akashi: Mr. Tamaki and Miss Sakura. Yoshi requests you two to join him at his house. He misses you, so he wants to bring you for a day in his home.

Tamaki: What?

Sakura: I thought he would be ok with it.

Akashi: Well, he is. He just wants to spend some time with you. Don't worry, I'll take your friends to the hotel and it's only for a day. Come on.

Sakura: Ok. Coney Island tomorrow?

Tamaki: Yeah?

Tohru: Of course!

Asura: Yeah!

Arisa: Meet ya there!

Saki: Bye bye.

Yuki and Kyo: Have fun.

====================
==========

As the kids were busy having fun, the Red Tiger Gang were gathering weapons, and were at an abandoned park.

Since they were the most feared criminal gang, not only were the police heavily involved in trying to take them down, every gang had to submit to them and show the utmost respect to them.

Currently, Alessandro was watching a news report on his gang.

Reporter: The Red Tiger Gang has been caught up in another story. They robbed the Hartford Bank, and made off with an estimated 5 million dollars with three lives taken in the aftermath. If you see one of their members or their leader, Alessandro Rossi, notify police immediately.

Rossi: Heh.

Gangster: Hey boss? Why we destroying this school when we could do something else?

Rossi: Cause, we need to blow off a little steam. We got the cash, now let's go and trash. A little reward.

Gangster: And you seem real attached to that pass.

Rossi: And you seem real lively for a soon to be dead man.

Gangster: Sorry, sir.

Rossi: Besides, what's the use of all this power if you don't have any fun with it? We can get in, and then wreck the place. Then the police. Who's with me?

They all cheered and reveled in the chaos of their plan to destroy the school. Rossi then looked at the pass and smirked at the woman's face on it.

====================
==========

Chapter 15: End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 1.1K 21
Yuki and Kyo both struggle with theirs feelings for Tohru, while Tohru is growing increasingly tired of their fighting. Then Tohru discovers a lump...
72.5K 1.9K 52
Ami was a part of the Sohma family because of her mother but her mother never liked her family and left home. Ami's mother always told her the story...
167K 4K 45
"So, you like drawing rats?" "I guess, from all the animals, I like drawing the rat the most" Mizuki Hirose, foster sister of Tohru Honda. Afraid of...
11.6K 376 16
Hikari Hayami was determined to stay with her best friend, Tohru, no matter what. Even if that meant moving out of their shared tent in the woods and...