Arcane Academia

By Maryam017920

In a city of destruction and war, Reia a stunning protagonist with a dark past battles her way through the ho... More

To all of you with good taste...a word..
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 11

12 5 2
By Maryam017920

This is it...this is my glorious end...

I heard snarls. The ground was moist from my blood.
Only, HELL NO. Take a planet to defeat my amazing ass
The grichle was very slowly advancing. I didn't get this far to be stopped by this shit.
I look around, groggy and then the wheels around my brains spin.

Barely lifting my staff, I throw it at the creatures face, hard.
It howls and launches at me, I tuck and roll.
The grichle hits the hedge as I launch excruciatingly to my feet, in a haze I limp blindly and see it.
The red box.
With my hands bloody from my wound I scramble to tear it open just as the beast races towards me.
My legs gives out and I fall on my back. The beast leaps towards me and I smirk.
" Die fugly, " I say.
Loading the flare gun I shoot right through it's open mouth.
The beast pauses and then gets flung back screeching a grotesque sound as it implodes.
Holy shit.

I lay on the grimy soil staring at the sky as the sun BARELY brings light.
I feel like shit.
Crying aloud I use my other hand to push me to a sitting position.
I wince as I turn to look at my injury.
A small cry escapes me.
Above my elbow theres three gaping lines now oozing blood.
I wanna scream, cry and puke at the same time. My gorgeous slender arm.
I start leaning back my eyes shutting, trying to ignore this shit trap and just sleep.
NO, we've got to keep it moving.
Taking a deep breath, I start slowly removing my jacket.
Its leather so after three attempts of tearing it with my hands I curse and shoot a hole right through the end of the sleeve.
Tugging the hole, I rip till I have a good chunk of fabric.
I need a tourniquet.
Holding my breath I take the fabric and-
" F***!" I scream as I tighten it around my arm.
I take another piece of fabric and construct a tourniquet with ONE hand. Talented, I know.
The bleeding soaks up the cloth but doesn't leak it. I hastily put my jacket back on. I'm losing time here.
Wincing, I crawl towards my staff and gently use it as a crutch to lift myself. I look around and find my dagger in a pile of ashes.
Slowly bending I reach, wipe it and place it in my belt along with my gun. I don't bother trying to fix my hair. I do look appealing regardless.
Turning forward to my path. I suck in a breath. That the best you got...

Biting my lips I proceed limping through this shithole.

After what feels like years I find a pattern in the mazes structure. Every right turn leads to a new pathway, however on the fourth turn, it's a dead end.
Ever so often in the distance I hear screams. There's a reason this shit was called the hell games.
After three gongs I enter a pathway where after years of training, a buzzing sound halts me. Booby trap.
Throwing a pebble forward I slightly jump back as fire burns it to a crisp.
Uuuuuuughhh.
Taking a step back I do a running jump with my staff and launch myself to the edge of the path.
I land in my usual badass pose only to cry out loud.
My arm feels like hell and all its fore fathers. I don't need to look, I know its infected. FML.
OK KEEP IT MOVING REI.
Determination fuels me.
I get moving.
Another gong sounds... It's been 7 hours.
I still haven't  made it to the mfggbhshbd middle.
I have 5 hours and 45 mins till sunset.
My head feels so dizzy.
I begin sprinting through the rough, soily ground. Digging hard into it with my staff in every step.
I see an opening.
I walk through and nearly collapse.

Its the middle of the maze.

It's a big open space with something metallic in the centre. I rush to it.
It's a map. Carving the full structure of the maze...I release a sigh.
" About time," I say out loud. I know their watching.
" Reia?"
I turn. Its Marke.

" Oh Markey ," I say as he laughs and joins me followed by Caleb and Fiore.

"Secret club? no one invited me," I say as they join me.
"We met at a cross section, by the way you look AWFUL, you okay?"
"Oh just those bad hair days," I say attempting to throw my hair back but wincing so hard, my eyes tear. OUCH.
"Woah... hang on we got bandages," he says as Caleb opens a bag and throws me some.
"That looks deadly," Caleb says as I unravel my makeshift drenched bandage.
"No shit, it was a Grichle," I say ," badass I know."
" A Grichle??" Marke asks in shock.
" Perfect, they got my colour right," I say as I remove the fabric. My skins turned a dark shade of purple.
" Oh my god, its infected" Fiore says as I unravel the bandage and try wrapping it around my arm and it keeps slipping.
"Oh for the love of God, let me," Fiore says coming forward.
"Don't, " I hiss, managing to wrap it around my arm.

"Guys, enough," Marke says helping me.
" REI, I shouldn't have talked about your past like that," Fiore says," I-"

" Guys if we follow through that path and keep heading right THRICE and then constant lefts we'll be out in no time, " I say pointing straight and then make my way to the entryway.

" Real mature," Fiore says. Oooh this beech.
"Listen bitch, I'm bleeding to death here, I don't have time for your shit, it's bad enough having so many people trying to drag you down, I didn't need it from you, we're done here," I say and stab my staff into the soil, walking off.
" Rei wait, its safer if we all go together..." I hear Marke say but I just dim it out.
I feel my face heat up, I hate confrontation, I hate pettyass drama.
I hadn't realized how pissed I was at Fiore till today.
I was so sick of-

I stop in my tracks.
I blink and look up, I was so lost in thought, I'd hit a dead end.
A FRICKING dead end.

Another gong sounds.
I curse.
" MOTHER FU-" I SCREAM.
"Hush peasant," someone's filthy ass voice says.
I turn gritting my teeth.
It's the filth Darwin.

"So its true, they do throw garbage waste in here," I say looking him right in the eye.
" Oh my father paid me a way back into the tournament, " he says, " two things, you'll never have."
I smirk," fuglys a nepo baby, I'm shocked."
He throws a punch that I dodge and then return one to his face.
He falls back for a split second and then pounces back.
He throws a shot, I dodge.
Fighting a component's against the rules but I doubt the judges care.
I throw, he dodges.
He throws his fist and I grab and twist it.
He yells and then throws a punch to my broken arm.
I fall back and he pushes me to the ground.
Taking his sword he stabs right into my bandaged arm.
SON OF A BITCH. I see a hundred stars all imploding in my vision.
Pain rips through me.
Tears cover my vision.
I try to kick his face away only to have him press his finger harder on my wound as he drags me to my fallen gun.
I scream as I feel the pain drowning me.
I'm slowly blacking out.

I hear him yell.
The force on my hand is gone and I fall to the ground. Every part of me hurts like shit.
Tears sweeping out of my eyes I turn my head in a mere daze.
I see Fiore kicking Darwin.
" Don't mess with my friends, " I hear her say.
They both spar. I hear a thud.
Hands grab my shoulders.
I turn to see Fiore shaking me

" Rei hang in there, we're almost out."
Its hurts to breathe.
I just stare, my vision leaving and  coming back.
She tries helping me up when I hear her yelp.
Darwin's grabbed her foot. He slams her to the ground and then chokes her.

Something ignites in me.
Flames consume me.
Ignoring my bleeding, I get to my feet, hair flying wild around my face. 
Purple blinds my eyes.
I feel uncontrollable power from within.

" See you in hell bitch," I barely hiss.

Screaming my pain, I slam my fist into the soil and and see purple electrify the ground.
Everything explodes...

------

" REIA!" he screams as the Kirches drag him.
" KAEL!" I cry. Purple, SO much purple.
----
I awaken with a start, my heart pounding. Uugh my head.
Its pitch black...
Where the hell am I?
I feel around, there's a mattress beneath me.
I try lifting my hand to push the hair out of my face. It jerks back. Wtf. Something icy clings my wrists.
I look at my hands.

They're chained to the bed frame.

Dearest fanbase, 
This will be an update till quite a while as  I have examinations to endeavour. Enjoy. Do try and ignore the cussing, assists with effects...
Till next time.
Xoxo, moi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 6 5
Betrayed. A feeling that courses through Melodi's veins multiple times, following her unexpected and unexplained admission to the military school of...
1.1K 12 17
You are the youngest Kuran of the three. You were always the mistreated one bc no one needed you. They focused on Yuki and Kaname. Will you get your...
283 5 38
"Would you rather; be lied to yet be a holy man of the goddess, or be part of a loyal family and be a man of the dark?" Ever since the leader of a cu...
347 94 14
What will happen to Nishima Yukie's peaceful life when her bestfriend suddenly died? Then, she found him somehow alive? Claiming himself to be a knig...