Turning Tides | P. Jackson Bo...

By MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ For the Black Sheep of the family. Even though you try somehow it's still your fault. You'r... More

Cast
The Gods
I'm A What?
You're A Real Problem
We've Got A New Kid
We've Got A New Kid [pt 2]
Let's Go On A Quest
Let's Go On A Quest [pt 2]
Was That A Chimera?
It's Ares
Who Are You?
This Isn't Good
Where's Luke?
She's Your Sister!
He's A Cyclops
Grover's Wedding Dress
We're Leaving
He's Afraid of The Dark
I'm Going To Die In The Sea
My Name is Thalassa
You Need A Little Help?
I'm Sorry Ayden
Thalia
Prophesiezed
Merry Christmas
Hello Again
I Refuse
Family
Immortality
First Greek Party
Camp
Brutal
She's Not Judgemental
Esmeray Cromwell
Grover's In Trouble
Addy
Mr. Di Angelo
Always
The Fate of Olympus
I Promised You
Brat
I Know You're Tired
Ayden Made A Gun
Is This A Date?
I'm Having Fun
Updated Cast *OLDER*
Real Talk
Happy Birthday
God Killer
Wanted
Lo Mein
For Old Times Sake
Bigger Threats
Swear On The River Styx
Dylan's Candy Shop
Eris Cursed Her

I'm Ready To Hurt Some Shiny Kids

25 3 0
By MayLarie10

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

For months Ayden had been moving around camp in the shadows. She felt like Ki for a while. No one knew she was there during drills, cabin meetings, or meal times, but she was.

Annabeth and Clarisse kept her secret. Grover had gone out to gather the Woodlin spirits for the battle. He hasn't made contact with camp since he left. Juniper was getting worried.

Berkendorf and Silena were happy together. When they were planning or ordering others around they were together on the beach. It reminded Ayden of Percy. He stayed in the mortal world to hang out with his mother, Paul and Rachel.

"Why can't he just come hang out at a camp? I mean it would be easier for you." Annabeth grabbed a few of the designs she'd been working on.

"I go back to the apartment every night, Annabeth," Ayden smiled at her. "I'm not worried that he likes Rachel more than me."

"I would be," Annabeth stared at her. "Why are you so secure in your relationship?"

"Well first thing is that if he wants to date someone else he can. I'm not stopping him, I won't ho,d him back. He'd be better off with other people—" Annabeth threw a book at her, but she dodged it.

"Shut up! You have a beautiful soul, he's lucky you chose him," She glared at Ayden. The girl just smiled.

"Thank you and lastly. I'm the one he comes home to, it's not Rachel. She might have a crush on him sure, but I'm not too worried about it."

"You would be hurt if he liked her back, right?" Annabeth paused her rummaging.

"Yeah, but again I wouldn't stop him. I'd just let him go."

"You are way too secure—." The Athena cabin doors flew open. Clarisse stomped in with Berkendorf behind her.

"Shut the doors," She told him.

"What are you doing?" Ayden threw her hands in the air.

"I already knew you were here," Berkendorf laughed as he moved toward the table. "Are these the new designs?" Annabeth nodded.

"What's going on? Why is she so angry?" Clarisse was pacing back and forth.

"They won't let us have the chariot." She muttered.

"Who?"

"Apollo's cabin!" Clarisse threw her hands in the air. "We went on a raid and they decided to keep the chariot. How is that fair?"

"Uh," Ayden looked at Berkendorf who just shrugged. "How did the weapons work?"

"Well, although some of the kids still can't aim well. We can't just have everyone wasting the bullets." He crossed his arms. "We could use you on some of these raids."

"I'm not supposed to be out yet. They will want me for murder."

"Is it even murder since Eris will reform eventually," Clarisse shook her head. "Our father would be proud of you."

"No, he wouldn't, he's already hated by everyone. I just cause problems." Ayden shook her head. The doors to the cabin opened again. It was a split second, but the group saw Ayden as she disappeared. She teleported near the back wall hiding.

"What's up?" Annabeth asked the group.

"You have to come, Apollo cabin has Ares saying poetry!" One of the Athena kids explained. Silena laughed as she watched the groups run past.

"Oh gods," They moved for the doors.

"I'm ready to hurt some shiny kids!" Clarisse yelled as she ran out the doors. The tension between the cabins was getting worse and worse. Instead of focusing on staying together an entire camp most of the cabins were fighting with one another over petty things.

"Ayden we know you're in here," Silena moved toward the back as Ayden stepped out. "You've done pretty well at hiding yourself, but you're getting sloppy."

"I expect people to knock," Ayden slid her hands into her pockets. "Ettique has no place in this camp." Berkendorf laughed at her.

"That's true, but we are on the brink of war," He added. "Do you want to come to my cabin soon to look at the changes on the weapons?"

"Yeah, I'll be there later. I'll probably be stopping Clarisse from strangling Michael." silena gave her a tight smile and took Berkendorfs hand.

"Good to have you at camp even if you can't show yourself," She touched her heart charm and led him out of the cabin. When Ayden teleported out it was pure chaos. The Apollo kids were flying around in the gold Chairot, while the Ares children ran after them. She thought it was funny for a while until she heard how bad the poetry was. She was going to get irritated fast.

"Ayden Rivera!" She slid back between two cabins trying to hide herself. "Ayden Rivera! Show yourself!" She watched as Dionysus stepped into her line of sight. He was wearing his Hawaiian shirt and sandals. "Olympus." He pointed at the sky. "Right now!"

"Fine, fine," Ayden stepped forward.

"Actually, you're taking me with you." He reached for her, but she stepped back. "You run and I'll drag everyone who harboured you up there as well."

"Well played," Ayden touched his arm and they teleported to Olympus. Athena, Hera, Zeus, Poseidon, and Ares were the only ones there.

"Finally found her didn't you," Hera leaned back in her chair. She was wearing a long blue dress and black heels.

"How long had you been at camp?" Zeus asked.

"I would like to start out this," She gestured to all of them. "By saying she asked for it. She will respawn at least it wasn't one of you. That would have been worse. She's a minor god."

"That makes no difference, do you not understand the tilt of power you caused more demigods have switched sides now that they think it's easy to take us on." Athena glared at her. "Do you—."

"Shut up," Ayden took a deep breath.

"Excuse me?" The room started to shake. Ayden lifted her shirt showing the carving marks.

"I was being tortured for weeks by Hecate and Eris. None of you cared, I didn't expect anyone to come save me, but don't try and condemn me for saving myself. She will respawn and want vengeance sure, but I'm the best option you have still for this war. You can't come to any decisions until after." Ayden reasoned. "I don't mean to be this disrespectful, but it's come to this." They all stayed silent as they stared at her.

"We can't make an official ruling until the other gods join us again," Ares pointed out. "It's clear she will have a punishment dealt to her soon enough by Eris herself."

"Ares, enough," Zeus held his hand up. Ares sat back in his seat. "Athena, what is your verdict."

"Do you do what we asked before?"

"Killed the other conduits?" Ayden asked. "No. I didn't find them."

"You denied our request," Zeus argued. "You defied us, you do that regularly it seems." Ayden crossed her arms as she stared at each of them. Dionysus stayed at her side. "You haven't found the others?"

"No." Ayden looked over to her father. He was rubbing his bear as he stared at the floor. It was obvious he wanted to say something, but he wouldn't disrespect Zeus at the time.

"Wait for your final decision after the battle. I'm tired of trying to hide at camp, I need to help them prepare for what's to come and you know that too." Ayden turned to Mr. D. "How did you know I was at camp?"

"One of the campers told me they saw you," He shrugged.

"Ah so there's a snitch," Ayden pursed her lips. "I'll fix that when we get back."

"I know my opinion isn't wanted, but I think for the sake of what is to come. We have to let her go for now." Ares finally spoke. The others looked at him.

"I would agree," Poseidon nodded.

"I say we pardon her entirely, but I know you don't like those options." Hera looked down at her hands as she adjusted the rings on her fingers. Ayden didn't know why the goddess was trying to pardon her. "We all disliked Eris. It's a known fact."

"Eris isn't the problem, it's Ayden's threat to us."

"Don't press me and I won't be." Ayden offered.

"Ayden, I suggest you shut up from now on." Ares glared at her. She wasn't helping her own case. She hated the Olympians. She disliked most of the gods actually, but she would still fight for them. She would fight for them because their children are important to her. She wouldn't lose anyone else. Apollo appeared on his throne with a smile.

"Ah Ayden, my favorite."

"I'm not a child of yours."

"I know, but I still root for you." Apollo looked at the others. "What is she doing here? Oh. Is this about Eris? She should be reforming soon right."

"Kronos has her head."

"You decapitated her!" Zeus's voice shook the room. Ayden pressed her lips together as she looked over to her father. He had his hand over his mouth as his eyes crinkled. He was laughing at her. "She isn't reforming because her head isn't with her body."

"Hecate should be taking care of that," Ayden spoke up again. She made sure that her voice could be heard. Eris wanted her to make sure she used her chest when she spoke. "Eris will reform."

"She'll be weaker than before," Hera leaned forward. "What made you want to go for the head?"

"Instinct," Ayden admitted. "I need to get away and I couldn't let her use her magic."

"We will get the full story of what happened for those weeks after the war," Poseidon glanced over at his brother. Zeus's face was red with rage. Ayden was waiting for him to try and strike her down with the master bolt, but he was holding back. His hands were gripping the edge of the throne so tight it was threatening to crack the stone.

"May I return?" Ayden asked. No one spoke. They all looked to Zeus for his final answer. Ayden and he did not see eye to eye. He hated her and she, him.

"Go." Ayden didn't have to hear it again. She grabbed Dionysus's arm and teleported them back to camp. There was yelling around them as Ares, Apollo, and Athena campers were fighting with one another about the chariot still.

"You are in so much trouble," Dionysus rubbed his face. "And now you've got me into trouble too. You're trouble."

"Took you long enough to notice," Ayden shrugged. Chiron walked out of the big house.

"Oh Ayden," He gave her a tight smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Just came back from a stimulating conversation with the Olympians."

"And?" He looked at Dionysus.

"You knew didn't you?" He asked him. Chiron just cleared his throat and looked back at Ayden. "I can't trust anyone anymore."

"They will discuss my actions after this battle is over." Ayden looked around. "Now that I'm back, I'm going to try and go handle whatever that is."

"Yes, please thank you," Chiron waved her off as he turned to Dionysus. The two started to argue in a hushed tone. Ayden didn't mean to make everyone so angry with her, but it always happened.

"Michael!" Ayden yelled. The chariot dropped to the ground. The cabin leader smiled at her.

"Ayden Rivera! How lovely to see you again. Heard you killed a god, but that's not true cause you would be dead." He laughed as he let his siblings defend the chariot. "What can I do for you."

"Stop smiling like that," Ayden shook her head. "Why do you get the chariot?"

"Cause we claimed it."

"But Ares won the raid for you, it's honourably there." Ayden reasoned. "Also, why do you keep enchanting them to say things in couplets? It's getting annoying."

"Just trying to keep the humour light around here. Not everyone likes to fight you know," Michael looked around at the Ares children who were trying to drag the Apollo kids behind their cabin to beat them.

"Tripp, drop him!" Ayden yelled. The Ares kid held his hands up and looked pissed.

"I didn't start it!"

"I know, but we need him in a comfortable condition for the upcoming raids. Go tell the others to stop beating on them as well!" Ayden directed. Tripp grabbed a few of the other Ares kids wandering about as they muttered their couplets. "You better hope this wears off or I'll let them at your cabin."

"Wow, you just got back and you're throwing threats around. A real child of ARes move."

"I've been here for months, just none of you noticed," Ayden turned toward him. "Stop trying to fight this. You know how Clarisse is with pride. Let her have the chariot, it's rightfully hers."

"No, I won't give it up. It's Apollo's end of discussion." He patted her shoulder. "Glad to have you back Ayden." She shoved his hand off her shoulder and watched him walk away from her.

"I could just," Clarisse appeared next to her with her hands out. She was choking the air. "I swear these Apollo brats are going to drive us to murder."

"Let's not kill each other—."

"You agree with me right?" Clarisse huffed. "Tripp what are you doing, stop grouping together. Go after them!" Tripp threw his hands in the air and looked at Ayden.

"You're doing fine, Tripp. Good job." Ayden smirked at him.

"What are you telling them to do?" Clarisse asked. "Run. We don't run. That chariot is ours."

"I know that, but we can't beat each other up behind the cabin. We already look bad enough."

"So what since you're back you think you're cabin leader again?" Clarisse crossed her arms.

"Do you not want me to be anymore?"

"No, but why are you contradicting me? Be on my side, that's what siblings do."

"I have to play devil's advocate. We have bigger things to worry about other than a chariot right now." Ayden explained as she gestured to Berkendorf. He had a shotgun resting on his shoulder. "Like these."

"Oh, you're out in the open now," Charles laughed at her.

"Yeah, I got in trouble already," She grabbed the gun. "How are these coming?"

"Good, um, we don't have many people are are accurate enough to use them when it comes down to it. Well, except you and Clarisse."

"Thank you," Clarisse bowed her head.

"I know someone that would love these," Ayden laughed a little as she handed it back to Charles.

"Who?"

"They'll be coming around later." Ayden ran her hand through her hair.

"Oh mystery, okay." He shrugged. "Well, now that you're out in the open you can come by and test them out whenever. We have different models now too. Faster reloads and longer magazines." Ayden nodded at him.

"Thank you so much." She turned back to Clarisse. "I'm trying to get the chariot back for the cabin, but again we have a lot to focus on right now."

"You understand that everyone hates Ares cabin right? That we always get shit on." Ayden laughed a little.

"Yeah, well Ares gets shit on by his own family so I'm not surprised, but we have to prioritise." Ayden patted her shoulder. "Just get them back to training—."

"You did then." Clarisse shook her head. "I'm going to get our chariot."

"Why are you fighting with me?"

"Becuase you don't understand what it's like for us. We are constantly fighting for recognition or honour. I thought you would understand, but you don't." Clarisse looked at her half-sister.

"I understand it better than you would think." Ayden licked her lips. Chris walked down the path seeing how tense Clarisse was. "I'll get them training them but the harder you press Michael. The more he won't give it to you. You'll only make it worse for the rest of the cabin."

"Oh yes, so it's my fault now."

"That's not what I said," Ayden rubbed her forehead.

"Everything okay over here?" Chris asked. He had a small smile on his face as Clarisse glared at him. Ayden teleported away before Clarisse started ranting about her.

She knew everyone was just tense right now, but she hated how she was being treated right now. She just wanted everyone to get along, but that didn't happen. Not with Ares's cabin most of the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 4.2K 20
For once in Percy Jackson's life everything is peaceful, but when tragedy strikes, he is left alone. His closest friends and family all died in a see...
229K 4.6K 71
Thousands of years ago before the reign of the Olympians, during the time of the Titan Lord, the mortal Perseus and primordial Aphrodite meet and fel...
9.6K 353 10
In which the daughter of Hephaestus risks it all to try and save her best friend... JOAN JACKSON is the daughter of Hephaestus. She has spent her en...
1.4M 58.9K 198
Prepared to feel the feels? Prepared to cry, laugh, and fangirl with the characters of Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter? If so, then enter, mighty de...