Exile

By Sathvikaa03

PAIN CHANGES PEOPLE, IT MAKES THEM TRUST LESS AND SHUT PEOPLE OUT.... Agastya met a family in this phase of h... More

CHARACTER SKETCH
GAUTAM BROTHERS
AMRITA SINGHAL
1. AGASTYA ANAND!!
2. TROUBLE??!!
3. THE AKSHAT GAUTAM!!
4. ANJALI'S BIRTHDAY!!!
5. EMOTIONAL TURMOIL!!
6. MOTHER AND SON!!!
7. EXAM FEVER!!
8. RESPONSIBILITY!!
9. REALISATION!!
10. GAUTAM BROTHERS - a glimpse of past!!
11. APOLOGY!
12. FORGIVENESS!!
13. I WANT HIM BACK!!
14. A REACTION!!
15. A TRUCE!!
16. TAKING LIBERTIES WILL ONLY HURT!!
17. 8 MONTHS OF SILENCE!!
18. TEMPORARY PROFESSOR ?!!
19. THEY WILL LEARN TO LIVE WITHOUT ME!!
20. AGASTYA - THE OVER PROTECTIVE BOYFRIEND??!!
21. AGASTYA'S ANGER!!
22. MEMORIES OF THE WOMAN THEY LOVED!!
24. ANJALI AND HER PARI !!
25. PATIENCE!!
26. WALK OUT!!
27. REALISATIONS AND RECONCILIATIONS!!
28. SERIES OF SUICIDES?
29. HARIKA'S VERSION OF AGASTYA!!
30. MISSION SUCCESSFUL!!
31. ADVITYA ANAND GAUTAM!!
32. AGASTYA'S MANTRA FOR SURVIVAL!!!
33. MURDER MYSTERY!!!
34. DESTINY'S PLOY??
35. END OF EXILE??
BOOK - 2

23. HONEST EFFORTS!!

525 71 20
By Sathvikaa03

Eid Mubarak, Dear readers!!

"I am sorry Agastya. Kabhi nahi karungi aisa phirse!! I swear I won't even look at a bike from now. Baat toh karo mujhse, baby! It has been more than 12 hours." She tried to soften his glare, placing her hands on his shoulder. 

Agastya's anger simmered down as Amrita settled onto his lap, her warmth doing a little to soothe his anger. He wanted to remind her of the recklessness she displayed by snapping at her but he stayed silent. There are only two options he have in front of him right now. Snap at her, tell her off for the stupidity she displayed or Give in. He can't give in because he can't have her repeating the same stunt, behind his back. Neither can he snap at her, because he already did. She is yet to cry and if she did that, he won't stand a chance. He smartly chose silence and simply looked away.

Amrita had enough. She took hold of his collar and made him look at her "Bahut hogaya, Agastya! Talk to me! NOW!!" She ordered him and his eyes darkened. She gulped at that and her hold weakened. He took hold of her wrists, pulling them away from his collar and made her stand up. He walked away without looking back. 

Amrita wanted to follow him but she had a meeting. With a foul mood, she decided to go for the meeting. She wanted to send a lots of gifts, for every hour, but she knew that will only anger him more. Agastya doesn't believe in gifts and neither is he giving in to her apology. What the hell should she do for him to give in now?!!! 

Agastya hates silence as much as she did and yet he is silent now!! She knew no amount of tricks would work on her boyfriend. He doesn't fall silent and if he does, she just have to put in her efforts honestly. 

Both Agastya and Amrita were busy until lunch. And unfortunately Amrita got informed that her team fixed a sudden meeting in the afternoon, putting full stop to her plans of having lunch with Agastya. Even though Amrita knew that Agastya is not the type to skip lunch, especially when he is working, she decided to send him something. She gestured one of her assistants to come to her and gave her the instructions, before she gave her the handwritten note. 

Agastya leaned back on his chair and looked at the lunch in front of him. A smile threatened to come out but he hid it and looked back at Vivek, with raised eyebrows. 

"Amrita Mam ke assistant ne aake diya." He did his part and walked away.

Agastya smiled to himself and opened the package. He picked up the note which read "Check Your messages Please!! " followed by a heart. He couldn't resist himself this time and picked up his phone, only to find a voice note sent 2 minutes back!

Without much deliberation he hit the play button before he picked up the sandwich.

Amrita's voice filled in the background while he closed his eyes, leaned back, chewing his food. 

"Hey Love, First things first... I miss you calling me that!! You are going to make up for it.

          Anyways, I was supposed to accompany you for lunch but I got stuck! Sooo... I took the liberty of ordering your favourite lunch for you! Bahut kaam kar rahe ho.. Upar se mujhpe gussa bhi karna hai... Baat bhi nahi karni hai... I know bahut taxing hai. Isliye ache se khaalo. 

Love you Agastya! Bye!"

As Agastya listened to Amrita's message, a wave of warmth washed over him, melting away some of the anger that has been building up inside him. Her playful tone and affectionate words always had their way with him. Despite his reluctance to forgive her, he couldn't help but appreciate her gesture. No where in the voice note did she mention about her apology, just reminding him why he loves her so damn much!! 

Agastya's phone pinged again, this time with a photo. A photo of Amrita, having her lunch. He relaxed and savored each bite of his lunch. 

Agastya walked out of his washroom, freshly showered. He had been tired with all the work but nothing that a hot shower couldn't fix. He put on his clothes and went to Akshat's room first. He expected the boy to be on his phone but what he saw shocked him. Akshat Gautam, is doing his academic work, sitting at his study table. He walked to his boy, without any noise and peeked into, if he was actually studying. To his shock, the boy is actually doing his Math assignment. 

Akshat jumped in his seat, when he saw his bhaiyya standing behind him. The man freaked the hell out of him. He put his palm on his heart to calm down and hit his bhaiyya "When did you come into my room?! And what is wrong with you, bhaiyya?!!" 

"What is wrong with me?!! What the hell is wrong with you, Akki?!!! You are doing your assignment?? Vo bhi Math! Vo bhi bina kisi ke pressure se? Bina mere hath se do thappad khaaye?! Kuch hua hai kya beta?" By now, Agastya is seriously concerned. Change is always good but it shouldn't be sudden. Didn't the boy got told off for procrastinating just the day before?! 

Akshat tried to search for the humor or sarcasm in his bhaiyya's expression but his bhaiyya looked genuinely concerned. 

"Mai teek hu bhaiyya! Kabhi kabhi mai khud padleta hu. Don't over do it now!" Akshat rubbished it off in a playful tone but Agastya didn't buy it "Are you lying to me now, Akshat?" Agastya asked, folding his hands. 

"Fine!! Zabardasti pad raha hu! Kyuki Bhabhs ne kaha... nahi.. Order kiya.. Ki mai kuch aisa na karu jisse aapke mood aur kharab hojaye!! She wanted you in the best mood!! And I thought me doing my work.. you know.. being independent.. would make you happy. But clearly, it didn't work!!" He huffed, genuinely disappointed that his plan didn't work. 

Agastya raised his eye brows with an amused smile "No no! I am more than happy to find you doing your Math assignment all by yourself. Just keep at it. Don't get up until you are done." He ruffled Akshat's hair and walked out, shaking his head with a fond smile. 

Agastya walked to the kitchen directly, as Advitya was not home yet. He sent away the servants, as he wanted to cook the dinner. He picked out all the vegetables before he started dicing them. By now, he is not angry at Amrita but just hurt. She shouldn't have gone behind his back for a stupid bike ride, especially when it concerns her health. And she definitely shouldn't have pulled the same stunt with Advitya. Last time, He let her go, easily, as he trusted her not to repeat it. The abuse of trust ticked him off like anything. Absolute disregard for her own health is just unacceptable in his books!! 

He is almost done with the dish when he felt a pair of hands hugging him from behind. He just wanted to melt himself in that embrace but somehow he resisted. The intoxicating smell of her perfume made it hard for him to remember why he is mad in the first place but he managed. He didn't shrug her off, as he denied it for a long time already. He was angry and somewhere he still is, but he can't hurt her in that way. 

"Ab bhi baat nahi karoge?" She asked as she peeked at his face and he could practically hear her pout. He pulled himself out of her grasp and Amrita felt sad but her eyes gleamed when she heard him talking. "Akki ko bulao.

She hopped beside him "Baat kar rahe ho mujhse? Gussa kam hua? Hug karoge?" She would have gone on and on but sobered up when he gave her a look. She huffed "Bulati hu Akki ko!" She mumbled and walked away. 

Agastya was setting the table when Amrita and Akshat walked down. Akshat tried to make Amrita talk but she didn't even utter a word. She looked so sad that he felt like shaking up his bhaiyya. Agastya served them both and sat down. 

"Bhaiyyu kaha hai?" Akshat asked.

"Apne dosto ke sath hai." Agastya answered.

Akshat nodded and looked at the dish. It is their Bhabhs favourite. Amrita picked up her spoon half heartedly but when she took a look of the dish, her eyes misted. Even in anger, he cooked her favourite. She tried to stop her tears but she couldn't. She picked up her phone "Important call hai." She made up an excuse and walked away as she didn't want to cry in front of her man.

She faced many things in her life but she found it toughest to deal with Agastya's anger, especially distance. She knew her Agastya would melt like anything if she cried. Her tears are his biggest weakness and she is always hyper aware of not using it to her advantage. They can't use each other's weakness for their advantage and this is a rule they made for themselves very early on in their relationship. 

It is must for them respect each other's emotions and being honest is their ground rule. 

No dodging consequences and no overriding emotions!! 

She knows that her man's intentions are on point and she trusts him to not over do it by disregarding her feelings. 

Agastya loves her more than she could love herself and if she can't trust this man, then she shouldn't even trust herself. 

She gave herself a pep talk on why she shouldn't cry and walked back with a smile. But Agastya and Akshat are no fools to not understand when she is smiling and when she is pretending. She is their family for years now. Akshat gave his bhaiyya a meaningful look but Agastya looked away. He felt like he is overdoing it but he is still on the edge. 

Both Agastya and Amrita played with their food, as an obligation, to not make a scene in front of their 19 year old brother. Akshat ate to his content because he knew the couple will sort it out and eat together. He knew it is a waste of time for him to worry about them, especially when they care for each other more than enough. He walked out of the house after he had dinner to enjoy the breeze.

Agastya walked to his room and Amrita stayed back, while staff cleaned up the table and dishes. They knew when to give privacy and when to get on their work. They had been working with Gautams for over a decade now. 

Amrita looked at Agastya's half eaten plate and sighed. She is determined to end it once and for all. She is barely managing herself to not burst into tears. She went to Agastya's room only to find him sitting on the edge of the bed, lost in his thoughts. Without a word, she closed the door and locked it, just to make sure that they won't be interrupted.

Agastya looked up as he heard the door click shut. He was not surprised to find Amrita. He watched as she approached him and settled beside him. 

"Agastya.." She began softly and waited for him to look at her, which he did after couple of seconds. She relaxed inwardly when he looked at her and reached for his hands cautiously. She waited with bated breathes for him to shrug her off, but when he didn't, she understood that he is ready to give in. She looked into his eyes and saw a mixture of emotions - frustration, hurt and a glimmer of longing. It gave her hope. 

"I know I messed up. I shouldn't have gone behind your back. It was reckless and also selfish of me! But.. I never meant to hurt you, Agastya. Trust me, it was just a single session, just for my satisfaction that I know how to ride a bike."

She squeezed his hands lightly, seeking some reassurance from the contact. 

Apologizing for your mistakes, shouldn't be a big thing, but it was, for her. She was never held accountable all her life. Never out of love and concern. Only after Agastya entered into her life and she bestowed him the trust, she understood the philosophy. Until then she didn't know how warm it felt to be held accountable, to be pacified, to be cared for, to be at the receiving end of someone's angry concern like this....

That is when she realised she never needed a YES Man. She needed her man who is just perfect for her. Agastya Gautam is exactly what she needs in her life. Now and forever.

Now that she got him, she doesn't mind apologizing. At all.

"I expected you to get angry but only when I saw hurt in your eyes, I realised, baby!! That I .. took advantage of your trust and disrespected your concerns like they meant nothing. I know, its such a horrible thing to do. I am truly sorry Agastya. I swear I won't repeat this again. 

Maaf karna mushkil hai... par kardo na please. Aur nahi ho raha hai. Atleast meri Agastya wali smile hi dedo. Usmein hi thodi der ke liye kush hojaungi. It has been more than a day, Agastya!" Her voice trembled by the end. 

.... To be continued!!

Share your thoughts, if possible!!

Lots of Love!!
Sathvika!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 3.8K 38
A sequel to Aadhya- The Phoenix's Fury (Previously known as "Aadhya- the life journey of a woman.") But you can read this as standalone too. Still...
44.8K 2.2K 25
Peep in to know....
6K 171 9
Sometimes you don't understand when and how you fall in love with a person! When and how your buried love returns back! Why it hurts you when you hur...
19.8K 439 29
NO OFFENSE FOR MANAN FANS I ALSO LOVE THEM BUT ITS ONLY FOR STORY WHAT HAPPENED WHEN UR LOVED HURT U VERY BADLY? WHAT HAPPENED WHEN UR LOVE AND FRIE...