Broken Blades

By darkest112

"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not ma... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY

TWENTY ONE

34 4 5
By darkest112

__________

S U M M E R

Bright light. I groan, rolling over to hide from the source of the annoyance, a feeling of discomfort gracing my eyes. The last thing I recall is . . . is rogues, attacking and being carried by Alpha Ares. I shoot up from the warm bed which is obviously mine from the familiar scent.

I scan the room, looking for the man that had shattered my personal space. The curtains are open, the bright light almost hurting my eyes. I touch my side, realizing the wound is gone. The healing had taken quite long and I didn't understand why.

The door cracks open and someone peeks in. Bryte brown hair comes into view, a wide smile on her mouth.

"You're awake. You've been asleep for a while." She says as she gets in and I note the tray of breakfast she's holding with both her hands. Pancakes, drenched in syrup and milk tea. The way I liked it. I knew the tea contains two and a half scoops of sugar. Bryte knew this. I knew this. My lungs constricts.

"I'm feeling so much better. Thankyou Bryte." I smile and she nods, placing the tray on my lap, eyes racing over my body.

"How's Aliza?"

"She's awake now. Asher has been with her for a while." She says as I take a bite of the food, and it's delicious.

A few more bites later and Bryte is still standing there, her eyes digging into the side of my head. I drop the fork, and take a hold of the mug, bringing it close to my mouth for a sip, my eyes meeting hers.

"You've all but disappeared these days." Bryte begins, her brown eyes looking solemn, making my heart clench.

"I have just been busy with being alpha and all." I try but it sounds lame coming from my mouth. Yes, I am busy but that didn't excuse my behavior. I was distant and cold to her.

"For the past four years?" She asks, her voice cracking, and I look away.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Bryte." I am a coward.

I hear her sniffle, and I turn to stare, wide eyed.

"Excuse me then." She rushes out of the room and I stare as the door closes, my appetite leaving with her.

Bryte has been one of my closest friends, just like Annalise. Annalise had already left the pack before I found Logan. Bryte was there when I met Logan, when I was ecstatic about it, when I learnt who he truly was, when I lost myself to him, when he promised me that no one would believe he was the devil's incarnate, until I wasn't sure anymore how to act around Bryte and did the only thing I knew how; ignore her.

It's been four years, two since Logan has been gone and I am still a coward. I wasn't the woman I was before. I am not kind, I am not sweet like Bryte. Bryte, reminds me of my former self, the innocent version of me, that I both crave and loathe. Bryte stuck in my crisis, which isn't fair on her.

I still didn't have friends, an alpha with pack members who cared for her, but not a close friend. Bryte had gone out of her way to help me out, even when we have drifted apart from each other. She has always been kind and right now, I'm reminded of how amazing she is.  I didn't deserve her.

I sigh and place the tray on a small table by my bed and head to the shower. I dress up in a pair of sweatpants and a lose grey t-shirt. I valued comfort over style anytime.

Micah come to my office in the pack house.

Yes alpha

I get there and find Micah already by the door. I stare at him for a few seconds. He does take his role as beta quite seriously.  I didn't mind that at all.

"Come in."

"Did the rogue speak?" I take a sit on my chair behind the desk, all the scattered pack paperwork glaring at me.

"Nothing different from what the other had confirmed."

That catches my attention, and shocks me a bit, "In other words, they are after the same cause. He wanted to kidnap Aliza, the others were after something in the Alpha's House. Different duties, same purpose."

Micah's eyes widen, as if he had not drawn the same conclusion.

"You are right, alpha. They have the same leader. The missing wolves and the ones attacking the Alpha's House."

"Where is Alpha Ares?"

"He has been in the cabin all night after dropping you in your room." Micah says, not missing any details, "Did you want me to deliver a message or anything in particular?"

"No, it's okay. You are excused, Micah." Micah nods, gives me a bow and exits.

I am getting nowhere. I still don't understand why wolves are attacking, I still don't understand why pack members are still missing and the only clue left now being Logan. A very dead Logan.

I find myself standing outside the Alpha's House, knowing what must be done. I head towards Logan's office, an office I had never entered when he was alive. He had forbade it and maybe for reasons we are finding out now. I step closer to the door, my heart slamming so fast against my chest in fear. My wolf nuzzle closer, giving me the strength to take steps forward and open the gold colored door.

I turn the door, and the click resounds. I walk in  and the first ting I see is a painting of a woman holding a detached bleeding wing, a man behind her, caressing her remaining wing with his left hand, his right holding the bleeding wing with the woman. It's eerie and chilling at the same time. My wolf comes through my eyes and stares with me at it, wondering why that man would have such an ominous thing in his office. Knowing the bastard, it definitely has some dark history to it.

I take a look at his office and look around the room, wondering why it looks so bland. There's no picture of family or any homey touch to it. The brown desk is pushed closer to the window, a black office chair, behind the said desk and papers upon papers discarded on it, messy and disorganized. If I concentrate on his scent long enough, I can feel him in here, walking and doing whatever he did. Although underwhelming, it was his space. It gives me chills.

I walk towards his desk and begin to separate his paper works. I had sent Micah to retrieve important documents on here and from the ones on top, it didn't even look that important so I brush them aside. I walk over to the drawers on the desk and realize they are open. Probably done by Micah.

I find nothing of importance. Pieces of paper, a few pieces of expired gum and a few strange toys that I didn't want to know what he used them for. Micah must have been mortified. I know I am.

I walk towards the window, located just behind the desk, finally noting how wonderful the view is. Beautiful tall trees surround the pack. Although the office is only on the second floor, I can see a wide view of trees, pack members walking and more important, the training ground in full view. I understand why Logan made this room his office. It's beautiful and most of comforting. The pack is visible, a deep sense of security for an alpha.

I sigh, turning and ready to walk out of the room, only to stop in my tracks when I see it. Right there, under the desk, the uneven flooring, the light brown shade, a different one from the dark one all around the office. I rush towards it, praying and hoping its a clue. Just. . . something.

I pry the floor open and it opens with a small quiet sound, a sign that it's been opened quite frequently in the past. I detach the piece of the floor and place the piece of wood on the side, revealing a small compartment there, a small space where a few papers are littered, almost as if stacked together in a hurry. I pluck the papers out, a small stack of them and stare in confusion. It's not faded as expected of old paper and a strange scent emits from it, a scent I can't pinpoint. I unfold one of the piece of paper and my confusion thickens when I see names upon names on it with strange markings on the side. Mostly crossed out in red. I unfold the rest, wondering who these names belong to and why they are here.

I can't begin to explain my shock when I see familiar names with the same red crossings on them.

Silus Armen.

Cecilia Laurens. Celia in short

Ania Winchester.

___________

Logan Logan Logan what were you up to???

What are your thoughts??? I think I'm finally catching up with the plot, the rogues and everything!

What are your thoughts? What are your predictions? I'd love to hear from you!

Vote. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779 5 21
Everyone talks about how precious is the mate bond, how it is the most important thing in the life of a werewolf, and how it should lead us, shape...
124K 4.5K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...
8.6K 257 28
Kiara Blackmoon. A powerful Alpha whose pack was slaughtered not too long ago. Now a rouge, she has been on the run, hunted by the same people who t...
422 54 16
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...