Turning Tides | P. Jackson Bo...

By MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ For the Black Sheep of the family. Even though you try somehow it's still your fault. You'r... More

Cast
The Gods
I'm A What?
You're A Real Problem
We've Got A New Kid
We've Got A New Kid [pt 2]
Let's Go On A Quest
Let's Go On A Quest [pt 2]
Was That A Chimera?
It's Ares
Who Are You?
This Isn't Good
Where's Luke?
She's Your Sister!
He's A Cyclops
Grover's Wedding Dress
We're Leaving
He's Afraid of The Dark
I'm Going To Die In The Sea
My Name is Thalassa
You Need A Little Help?
I'm Sorry Ayden
Thalia
Prophesiezed
Merry Christmas
Hello Again
I Refuse
Family
Immortality
First Greek Party
Camp
Brutal
She's Not Judgemental
Esmeray Cromwell
Grover's In Trouble
Addy
Mr. Di Angelo
Always
The Fate of Olympus
I Promised You
Brat
I Know You're Tired
Ayden Made A Gun
Is This A Date?
I'm Having Fun
Updated Cast *OLDER*
Real Talk
Happy Birthday
God Killer
Wanted
I'm Ready To Hurt Some Shiny Kids
For Old Times Sake
Bigger Threats
Swear On The River Styx
Dylan's Candy Shop
Eris Cursed Her

Lo Mein

19 2 0
By MayLarie10

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

Ayden knocked three times and the door flew open. It wasn't Percy who answered through. It was Sally. Her face broke as she pulled Ayden forward. She let out a sob as she pressed a hand to the back of her head.

"Where have you been?" She pulled her inside. "Here go sit. Are you alright? What happened? Why haven't you called? No one knew where you were." Sally shut the door behind her. Ayden's shoulders shook as she saw the woman dote on her like how a mother would to her daughter. "Ayden, are you okay?" A tear fell from Ayden's eyes but she wiped it away.

"Yeah," Her voice broke. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Sally asked. Her voice was so soothing. It touched something shattered inside Ayden. All emotions came to the surface as she stared at the kind woman in front of her.

"They strung me up," Ayden's chin wobbled.

"Oh honey," Sally pulled her to her chest again. "Let's get you to the couch. Do you want anything? Need anything?"

"Just a hug," Ayden's shoulder shook.

"Who did it?" Sally asked. "Only if you want to talk." Ayden leaned back and wiped her eyes.

"Eris and Hecate."

"How did you escape?" Sally brushed her tears away. She too was crying as she saw the girl in front of her crumble.

"I freed myself," Ayden used her sleeve to wipe away her tears.

"Oh Ayden," Sally dabbed her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," Ayden shook her head.

"I know, but I wish I could protect you the way you need it." She cupped her cheeks. "I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but you are a strong girl. The strongest I know." Ayden leaned forward hugging her once more. "Percy should be home in a few minutes. He's out looking for you right now with Rachel."

"I'm sorry."

"Honey don't apologize, I'm just glad you're safe now." Ayden leaned back and tried to pull herself back together.

"How has he been?" Sally just shook her head.

"He needs you." She admitted. "He doesn't sleep. He just wants to find you." Ayden held onto her charm necklace. "Oh, he does that too." Sally laughed a little as she wiped her tears away.

"Yeah, it's his heartbeat." She held out the necklace to Sally. "Feel it?" Sally touched the charm.

"That's reassuring." She smiled. "I'm going to make you some hot chocolate okay." She leaned forward and kissed her head. "I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere."

"I won't." Ayden laughed as she resituated herself on the couch. She heard the door open and slam.

"The door didn't hurt you, Percy," Sally said in a calm voice. Ayden stood up.

"I know, Mom, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's just—there is still nothing. How can there just be nothing!" Percy ran his hands down his face. Ayden had walked into the doorway. A smile on her face as she stared at him. Sally smiled at her son and slowly moved her eyes to Ayden. When he turned and saw her it was like a switch went off.

"Ayden." He muttered. "Ayden. Ayden." His words were like a prayer as he moved toward her wrapping her in his arms. She felt safe in his arms. "You're real right?"

"Yes, I'm real." Ayden laughed. She felt him bury his face in her neck and sigh. "Aren't you glad I gave you that charm now?"

"Yes, yes, yes, yes," Percy leaned back and kissed her. Three times. He then pulled her into another tight hug. "Are you okay? What happened? Nico said very little."

"Eris and Hecate had me—"

"For months?"

"Don't interrupt her Percy," Sally added. She set the cup of hot chocolate on the counter for her. "Here you are."

"What did they—." Ayden lifted the side of her shirt showing the new carving on her stomach.

"I'm gonna kill them." Percy clenched his jaw. Ayden let her shirt fall as her hands returned to his shirt. "How did you get free?"

"I killed Eris."

"You killed a god?" Percy asked. His hands gripped her hips tightly.

"I made the gods angry with me. So now it's a headhunt," She let out a long sigh.

"That's not fair."

"Yeah, well it never is for me." Ayden reached for the thing of hot chocolate. "Thank you." She smiled at Sally over the top.

"Ayden can I just ask something?" Sally leaned on the other side of the counter.

"Sure." Percy kept his hand on her lower back.

"Why aren't you more angry?"

"Um," She leaned back. "This is going to sound worse than it is, but I'm used to being alone. I know no one can or will help me." She looked back to see Percy staring at the floor. "Not you. Stop." She cupped his face as he leaned into her touch. "I knew you would be looking for me, but I knew you couldn't find me."

"I should have." Percy gave her a sad smile. "I don't like that you have to depend on yourself. What happens when you can't escape?"

"Then I will be waiting patiently for you to show up, but I'm not holding you to it." Ayden smiled. There were several fast knocks on the door.

"I'll get it," Sally moved for the door. Percy wrapped his arms around Ayden letting her bury herself in his chest.

"I'm glad you're here now."

"I'm sorry I missed your birthday."

"You came." Percy kissed the top of her head.

"I know, but I don't like making you worry. I fear I may have traumatised you with the amount of times I just disappear." Ayden leaned back as he brushed her hair away from her neck.

"That might only slightly be true," He leaned his forehead against hers.

"Percy you left this," Rachel walked in. She saw the two of them together. "Oh thank god!" She dropped his jacket on the floor. "Does this mean you'll relax now?" Percy laughed a little.

"Thank you for helping him look for me." ayden told her. Percy moved behind her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He rested his head on her shoulder as he smiled at Rachel.

"I apologize for my behaviour." He admitted.

"I forgive you," Rachel smiled. "And Ayden I'm glad to see that you are alright. Do you mind telling me where you were? We were searching everywhere."

"Um, I'm not entirely sure where I was being held, but the gods are terrified of me now."

"Do you think they will know you'll come here?" Sally asked.

"Probably, I'll only stay the night, then I'll go back to the camp." Ayden felt Percy's grip tighten. "I'll come back to visit. I have to stay hidden at Camp. Chiron was dropping hints."

"What did you do?" Rachel asked.

"Hey—." Percy shook his head.

"I killed a god. Then sent her head to Kronos. Now that I think about it, probably wasn't the smartest idea, but at that moment I was angry."

"What's wrong with you two and cutting off heads." Sally leaned down until her forehead touched the counter.

"It wasn't a clean cut," Ayden looked down at her hands.

"Ew." Rachel grimaced. "Okay well, I'm glad the happy two are back together. Now he'll stop trying to work me to death."

"Sorry." Percy apologized again. "I can't tell you how thankful I am that you wanted to help me."

"I'm just glad we found her. I would have feared for my life knowing that Ayden wasn't going to be a part of this fight." Rachel tucked her hair behind her ears. "Again Ayden glad you're back and in one peace. It will allow me to sleep well at night."

"Hurtful." Percy scoffed. Ayden hit his chest lightly as she laughed.

"You're welcome and yes, again Rachel. Thank you so much."

"Well I didn't find me, so take some of that thanks back. Just be careful from now on." Rachel pointed at the jacket on the floor at her feet. "You're jacket. Bye, Mrs. Jackson." Rachel waved as she went back out of the apartment.

"I'm going to go lay down for a nap." Sally let out a long sigh. "But don't hesitate to call for me, if you need me." She smiled and moved closer. She kissed Ayden's cheek. "I'm glad you're back."

"Thank you, but I too think I could use some rest." She turned. Percy nodded and grabbed her hand.

"Door open!" Sally's voice ran through the hall. Percy let out a chuckle as he pushed the door wide open.

"Sorry, it's messy I haven't spent a lot of time in here." ayden grumbled as she fell forward on the bed. Her feet hung off the side. Percy laughed at her as he took off his shoes. Ayden pushed hers off and turned shoving her feet under the covers. "I'm not going to crush you, scoot over." Percy smiled as he moved his hands under her scooping her into his arms as he lay down with her.

"It's kind of depressing to say that I'm glad I went through that to get here, but I'm just glad I'm back," Ayden mumbled. Her head was above his head.

"What happens when Eris reforms?"

"Ahhh," Ayden groaned. "She'll kill me." Percy laughed lightly as he ran his fingers through her hair. He knew once he started touching her hair she would be out fast. And she was. Her breathing was even and her heartbeat had slowed. Percy didn't fall asleep as fast as her though. He was just enjoying the peaceful time he had with her.

"How is she?" Sally was leaning against the doorway.

"Exhausted." Percy tucked her hair behind her ear.

"She's been through a lot."

"Is it selfish that I feel responsible for her pain?" He whispered. "Like it didn't happen to me. I wasn't there, but seeing her hurt. It just—it hurts me." Sally smiled at her son. The two were wrapped together, almost making it difficult to tell where one started and the other stopped.

"I wouldn't call that selfish," She shook her head. "You care about her, deeply. Her pain is your pain." Percy chewed the inside of his cheek as Ayden moved a little wrapping her arms tightly around him.

"How did, how did you know you loved Paul?"

"He was important to me. There would be times I would find myself thinking about him without realizing it. I just can't imagine my life without him in it anymore. You will know," Sally nodded her head. "I mean unless you already do." Percy kissed Ayden's forehead as he smiled faintly. He did know, but he didn't know how deep her feelings went. She's had rough relationships with people over the past few years.

"I'm going to order some food, do you know what she might want when she wakes up."

"Chinese food," Percy smiled. "She would want," His finger twisted her hair around it. "The lo mein, shrimp lo mein. I would like the dumplings."

"Two orders of dumplings? Meat or vegetable?" Sally smiled.

"Both. Thank you. I love you," He called after her as she disappeared from the doorway.

"Love you too!"

"Who do we love?" Ayden muttered as she sat up a little. "When did I fall asleep?"

"Only a few minutes and Chinese food."

"Mmm." She curled up closer to him. "I do love Chinese food."

"Told ya." He kissed the top of her head again. "You have time to rest my mom hasn't even called yet."

"Good, cause," Ayden yawned. She pulled the cover over her head. "I'm really tired."

"I'm glad you're home." Percy pulled her closer to him if that was even possible. Ayden hmmed in response. She loved the way he made her feel safe even when she didn't need it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 194 52
Daphne Evans, a thirteen year old girl. On the outside, she's just an ordinary girl but in reality that's not true. At the age of nine, she watched h...
11.6K 426 33
. 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑢𝑠 𝑗𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚!𝑜𝑐 ❝ fee...
69.6K 1.8K 24
In a word of Gods and the Olympians. A girl named L/N Y/N is born. Y/N isn't what she seems to be. If someone don't know her personally, they would...
6.5K 117 14
Sapphire had seen a lot a couple summers ago and she was about to see a lot more. About two summers ago she saw Percy Jackson, from her school along...