ใ€๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ฝ“ใ€€๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…ใ€€๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ‹ใ€‘| Crosshair x...

By defiantminstrel103

๐šŒ๐š˜๐š๐šŽ๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐š–๐š˜๐š— ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disl... More

Intro
ใ€๏ปฟ๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ฝ“ใ€€๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…ใ€€๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ‹ใ€‘
ใ€๏ปฟ๏ผฒ๏ฝ™๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝŽใ€‘
ใ€๏ปฟ๏ผฃ๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝ“๏ฝˆ๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ’ใ€‘
01 | Temple Matters
02 | Into Kamino
03 | Guessing Games
04 | Hitting Walls
05 | Scheming
06 | Stunned
07 | Mindset
08 | Mindgames
09 | Carry the Weight
10 | The Medic
11 | Kitchen Plans
12 | The Collaboration of the Century
13 | The Master's Return
14 | Project Conduit
15 | Confrontation
16 | Planning and Schemes
17 | Surprises
18 | The Gift
19 | Omega
20 | Old Tally
21 | Hawk, Nova, Phoenix
22 | Premonition
23 | Doctor's Orders
24 | Teachers and Students
25 | Fight or Flight
26 | Flying Lessons
27 | Reannor City
28 | Gerasko
29 | Flighted Minds
30 | The Mission
31 | To Mandalore
32 | The Capital
33 | Technical Difficulties
34 | Wynn Avunn
35 | The Shot
36 | For What It's Worth
37 | Pros and Cons of Being Arrested
38 | Decisions
39 | The Fight
40 | Goodbyes
41 | Greetings
42 | The 501st
43 | Duty Calls
44 | New Students
45 | Distractions
46 | Mentors
47 | Lessons of Forms
48 | Inquiries
49 | Echoes of the Past
50 | Sil's Plan
51 | Unfinished Business
52 | Freeing
53 | Answers, But Not Really
54 | No Need To Ask
55 | Recollections of Old
56 | Answers, But Definitely More Confusing
57 | Worst-Case Scenario
58 | Encouragement
59 | The Reality of Losses
Author's Note
60 | Looking for Masters
61 | Only For You
62 | Rylann's First 79s Experience
64 | Oh, How The Tides Had Turned
65 | Then Do Something About It
66 | Trials
8 months later...
67 | Undercover Investigating
68 | How To Almost Die Three Times, A Crash Course With Rylann
69 | The Ultimate Payback
70 | Talks of Proposals
71 | Flying, Smelly Boots
72 | Tears or Rain. Maybe Both.
73 | Morut Base

63 | Get A Kriffing Coaster

359 15 81
By defiantminstrel103

22 BBY, Month 10

Crosshair

Crosshair watched Rylann and Joseta dance their hearts away on the floor. His heart swelled when looking at his girlfriend. She had grown a lot since he first met her—well, so did he. He found that he wanted to change for the better. Because of her. For her.

Hunter shifted uncomfortably in his seat across from Crosshair, twisting his glass on the table, moving the condensation that was forming on the table.

"Get a kriffing coaster, Hunter," Crosshair muttered, kicking his brother's shin under the table. "You're going to ruin the table."

"You can't ruin this coating, Cross," Hunter said, rapping his knuckles on the hard surface.

Crosshair picked up his drink and his own coaster, holding it up. "Then why are they handing out the coasters, smart guy?"

"Can you guys stop fighting?" Wrecker asked, leaning back as the booth creaked beneath him. "It's really getting annoying."

Crosshair gulped down some of his drink. "Maybe tell him to get out of his funk."

Hunter leaned forward, pointing an accusing finger at him. "Maybe you should get out of your funk."

Crosshair slammed his glass down, nostrils flaring. "I'm not the one who ruined the evening because I was jealous. You were."

Hunter scoffed, averting his eyes. "Jealous of what?"

Crosshair put it as plainly as he could, placing his toothpick between his teeth. "Rex and Joseta."

"Why would I be jealous?" Hunter said, shaking his head. "They are friends and we are friends."

"Maybe not anymore."

Hunter's eyes shot like fire. "Crosshair, don't even go there."

"Yeah, Cross," Wrecker said, gulping. "He looks like he's gonna rip your head off."

Crosshair took his toothpick from his mouth, leaning forward. "Try me," he said, flicking the toothpick at Hunter who swatted it away.

Hunter stood up. "I'm going to find Tech," Hunter grumbled, stomping off.

"Other way," Crosshair said, nodding in the opposite direction. "He's hacking the arcade machines."

Hunter glared at Crosshair, turning on his heel to go sulk by Tech.

Crosshair pursed his lips. Hunter would always run to Tech for his ego to be boosted. They were always close growing up, being the two "oldest." Crosshair, the youngest, always longed for that relationship with his older brothers, but it never happened. It wasn't like his attitude helped at all. What would Rylann want him to do? She'd say "Stop being a jerk, Cross. It doesn't look good on you."

Wrecker met Crosshair's gaze, a sad look in his one working eye. "I hope he's okay."

"He'll be fine," Crosshair said with a sigh as he wiped his hand down his face. "I'll smooth it over later."

"You?" Wrecker asked, guffawing. "You can't smooth over silk."

Crosshair rose a brow. "What does that even mean?"

Wrecker shrugged. "Dunno."

"I will wait for Hunter to chill out before I try anything." Crosshair sighed. "I think he's overstimulated and also doesn't know how to deal with his own feelings."

"Has he had to deal with that problem before?" Wrecker asked, scratching at his scarring. "Dealing with feelings?"

"He hasn't had to deal with an attractive girl yet," Crosshair said, looking over at Joseta on the dance floor. He had to admit that the girl's confidence and love of fun and people added to her beauty.

Wrecker looked confused. "But Rylann—"

"Isn't his type," Crosshair interrupted before shrugging. "I didn't even know he had a type. Thought he'd marry the job before he even thought about a girl."

"Wait, I'm not following," Wrecker said, frowning. Crosshair sighed, leaning on the table to gesture at Joseta and Rylann with his thumb. Wrecker's eyes widened. "You mean...Josie???" Wrecker asked, his face lighting up. "Hunter has a crush? How?"

Crosshair chuckled. "I guess it happens to most of us," he said, glancing over at his brother by the arcade machines where Tech stuffed more tickets into his pockets. "Even ole Hunter."

"Now it all makes sense. Just wait until—"

"Don't tell anyone," Crosshair added hurriedly.

"Why?" Wrecker asked in a loud whisper.

"First off, he'd kill us, and second, let's give him time to adjust to these new feelings." Crosshair looked over at Captain Rex who was sitting back at the table, watching Joseta with a small smile on his face. Yep, there was competition. "Looks like he will have a harder time getting the girl than me."

"It took you a couple months before you admitted you liked Lanny to us."

"Don't remind me," Crosshair stated, shaking his head. "I think this time, Hunter has competition."

"Should we eliminate the comp?" Wrecker asked, cracking his knuckles with an evil smirk on his face.

"Wrecker, let the girl decide for herself who she likes better. But we could push Hunter along."

"Yeah, I like the sound of that," Wrecker said with a nod. "A shove in the right direction."

Crosshair slid out of the booth. "Come on, let's be wingmen for our dearest older brother."

Wrecker followed him, almost knocking the table down. They walked over to where Hunter and Tech were. Hunter looked up, a scowl on his face. "What do you want, Crosshair."

Tech straightened, removing himself from the screen to step between Cross and Hunter. "I think that it would be wise to leave Hunter alone until his emotions are at a more approachable level."

"Sorry, but I wanted to apologize for my attitude." Crosshair looked over at Hunter. "I didn't do anything to help the situation."

Hunter frowned, hesitating. "Did Rylann set you up to this?"

Wrecker laughed. "Nope, Cross just randomly said he wanted to 'smooth things over.'"

Tech looked at Crosshair with a cocked brow. "Crosshair? Smooth things over? Laughable."

"Hey, I'm trying here, okay?" Crosshair said, frustration leaking into his voice. "But please forgive me, Hunter."

"Alright, I forgive you." Hunter nodded before swallowing (his pride no doubt). "And I apologize for being moody and rude."

"Moody and rudey," Wrecker said, chuckling.

"Forgiven," Crosshair said, patting his brother on the back. "Now, who you really should apologize to is a certain sergeant and captain."

Hunter clenched his jaw, averting his gaze. "Yeah, that's not going to happen."

"Why not?"

Hunter looked down. "I—I'm too ashamed."

"That's a stupid reason to avoid them," Crosshair seethed, crossing his arms.

"If you are ashamed, you will keep feeling like that until you get closure." Tech paused, tapping his foot. "I can't believe I am saying this, but I think Crosshair is right."

Crosshair clenched his jaw. "I know he is."

"Fine, but what am I supposed to say?" Hunter asked, leaning on an arcade machine. "'Hey, Joseta! Sorry that I was a jerk to your friend. Wanna dance?'" He even did a finger gun which made Crosshair shake his head with a chuckle.

Wrecker shrugged, grinning. "Sounds good to me!"

"Maybe try apologizing to Captain Rex first," Tech said. "And then go dance with her." He looked over at the dance floor. Joseta was doing some version of the sprinkler, but with wonky legs. "If I wasn't making us rich, I would actually think about participating even if it is Dey Gelo."

Crosshair recalled Rylann obsessing over the guy. His music was subpar, nothing like Corellian rock but if Rylann liked it, he would try to enjoy it. "I think I might steal Rylann away to give you an opening. Be quick."

Before Hunter could respond, Crosshair brushed past him, sauntering over to Rylann who was doing the Running Man with Joseta. "Ryle, may I steal you for this dance?"

Rylann's eyes lit up. "Of course, Cross." She gave an apologetic look to Joseta. Joseta only responded with a wink.

Crosshair guided Rylann to a spot a few feet away, resting his hand on her back. "So, what do I do?"

"Dance," Rylann responded, doing the Macarena.

Crosshair froze. He didn't think this far. He didn't know how to dance like this. Heck, he barely knew how to dance at all. "As long as I don't step on your toes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 33 22
Kit was once a promising young padawan from the Jedi Order, trained to do good and use the force to protect those who were innocent. However, her mas...
33.1K 1.5K 27
"Choose a side.. we all have to now." Noble knew from the visions that the END was coming... With the Bad Batch unknowingly going into this so called...
184K 6.2K 122
I'm obsessed with TBB (Dad Batch). This show means everything to me and I'm so sad it's over. I entered high school with the batch and I ended high...
30.8K 1.1K 31
(May contain mature content in later chapters) Crosshair x Jedi Reader. You were the adoptive daughter of Maul and once the Padawan of Quinlan Vos...