Solace

By Kheinnox

Ive been watching my clan be with their beloved and little ones and i cant help but feel isolated. power? yes... More

Introduction
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV

XVIII

196 23 6
By Kheinnox

"this member votes no confidence in lord lian."

"on what account sir?"

"hes too focused on something that isnt favorable to the council let alone to our clan."

"something? you mean his singer, right?"

"is it?"

"sir, respectfully speaking, what you are accusing our lord is highly absurd. if not for his singer, who knows if we are still standing right here doing this obtuse debate whether our lord lian is capable of ruling our kind or not. remember the incident when the first council betrayed the ancients? us who had been alive that time will not ever forget the stench of blood dripping from every walls on that castle. the purge will never be forgotten but if you must really oppose the royals, you and your family, from you to your offshoots will bear the consequences."

"but is it right to have a nobody be at our lords side? he gave nothing to the clan let alone hes of different species."

"tell that to the emperor lets see what happens. lord ethan, as far as i heard, is already in favor of this boy. whether its true or not, better be cautious sir."

"be that as it may, i still see no progress in our clan when lord lian took the throne as our king."

"sir, hes only been in the position for a very few years. we have infinity of time in our hands what are you so afraid of?"

"the downfall of the royals whom we had laid our hopes and lives to thats what im worried about."

"not in a few centuries or more sir. maybe not even in your dreams."

"well see about that."

‐------------------------>>>>>

morning came, kuea got startled by the sudden jerk under him.

"mmm..." kuea said and felt the hard mattress under him. hard yet soft at the same time. curiousity got him, he opened his eyes and found himself near what looked like a nipple.

as he slowly remembered what happened last night, he cant help himself to burrow further down the blanket but never leaving that comfortable position on his now official mate.

though kuea didnt hear it, he felt it. someone having a fun time early in the morning.

"pffft..."

"funny, huh?"

"youre just too adorable, my love."

"geez."

seeing a bashful kuea, lian wanted to pounce on him but given that they had a wild night, hes sure kuea might still be sore down there. yes, his singers a wolf with healing abilities and all but his body will still remember how it would feel and that really bothers lian.

"you okay? feeling anything off?"

"just a tingle down there but not really that uncomfortable. this one though," kuea pointed at his neck, "still stings."

"figures."

"yours?"

"mine? the bite? well, i never thought that you could clamp down that hard, love"

"im sorry."

"its okay. no harm done. i might have bitten a bit too hard too, so were even."

"doesnt take the fact that i made you bleed, yan."

"well, you did too, actually. down here." lian reached for those plump peaches and this made the other grew red on his face.

"ya~an!!!"

"ah, ah, ah... okay, fine." lian hugged kuea as gentle as he could be. "im sorry." lian apologizes but the twinkle on his singers eyes washed away his inhibitions.

"breakfast?" kuea asked.

"maybe lunch?"

"oh... i guess so."

through the day the couple lazed away the time together but just when the sun had just gone down and the moon appeared, a shadow appeared before lian. this could only one thing. business.

"ill be right back, love. this might be urgent."

"sure."

theyre at the living room watching some random action movie while cuddling still in their post coital bliss. kuea, though still clueless about his mates other business aside from being in an elite group as he witnessed it himself when he was rescued, understood that theres still some information that he was not privy about. be it for his own protection that his mate dutifully hide it from him or he just deliberately hide it from him to make his life worth living. whatever lians reasons are, it doesnt matter. lian is enough reason to continue on this life. nothing more, nothing less.

as kuea sat alone with the still ongoing movie, his mind wandered through what lians grandfather, the one they called emperor, said. hes a writer. hes like god himself. what could that mean?

kuea looked at the foyer where lian went with the shadow. since its their 'us' time together, lian made it to a point to not let his gaze wander off from kuea. yes, hes that possessive. now that they are officially mated, kuea guess itll only intensify.

kuea wondered what they are both talking about so secretly that lian would be so bothered like that. he could feel some stress from him.

"i hope i can hear them." kuea uttered under his breath. though he cant help, he wants to support his mate in whatever problem he might have.

kuea was still mulling over when suddenly lians voice came in loud and clear as if he was beside him.

kuea looked over but they are both still at the foyer, how could that be?

"who said it?" lians stern voice came through.

"one of the elders, my lord. another elder reprimanded and cautioned him but it seems hes plotting something."

"take a shadow and follow him. i want to know everything about him. ask intel for it. i want a report before midnight today."

"understood."

as the conversation died down, lian and kueas eyes connected. feeling guilty eavesdropping on their conversation, kuea turned his attention back on the screen but unfortunately the movie ended and was on its credits. feeling caught, he just laid down and waited for his mates judgment on him.

lian knew hes been eavesdropped, of course. even before the conversation ended, he could feel his singers tension and sure enough, when their eyes caught each other, a wave of guilt washed over him.

"theres nothing to worry about, love. ill handle it." lian caressed his singers soft locks in comfort and a way to let him know that hes not angry or mad in anyway he imagined he might be.

"i... i was just surprised that... that he just suddenly appeared on us like that. who is he?"

"hes.. um... i dont want to lie, dear, but some information might compromise your freedom, i dont want to risk it."

freedom?

not protecting him from harm or deliberately hiding something from him, but hes worried about his freedom the most?

"im sorry."

"im a part of an elite force as you might have known when we rescued you from that facility, love. what you have seen was not even a fraction of what we are as a whole. lets just say were an organization, nothing more than that."

"i can live with that. what was it about? why are you so stressed earlier?"

"some old people dont have the confidence in me to be in authority over our organization, in our clan. i need some info for back up and luckily enough, the emperors intel organization has more connections than that of the governments."

"wow, sounds deep, yan. can i ask how your family amassed that power?"

"generations of sweat and blood, dear. sweat and blood, literally. now, enough with the gore and lets go to the kitchen. i havve something you might like."

"oh." kuea knew that lian would not go any further than what was revealed and he respect him for that. he wont pry but if lian would spill, hell welcome it.

"i know thisll going to be your favorite."

"are you sure about that?"

"wanna bet?"

"what?"

"a round or two, maybe?"

"ya~an!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 2.7K 17
Max & Tul are two university students, Max is the new guy who has a big secret ~ what will happen when Tul knows about it? (Book 2: My Man, My Every...
The Bet By Neysh

Fanfiction

61.6K 2.3K 26
Forth and his gang are drinking and joking. Then they make a bet to Forth that he can't make Beam fall in love with him in a month. Forth accepts and...
1M 35.6K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
372K 21.2K 84
Kongpob is a 2000 year old vampire king with special ability who felt that his life was boring with no spark in it until he met him Arthit his sun De...