Through Pages| KSJ

Від Yootifully

"Never make a wish you'd end up with regrets and not happiness." Kim Seokjin longs to shed the weight of his... Більше

Notes/Disclaimer.
Aesthetics
Prologue.
1) Two lives, One wish
(3) Risks for a wish.
(4) Mr Conceit is Kim Seokjin.

(2) Fate's crossroads.

17 2 78
Від Yootifully

Warning: Mention of smoking ( Don't smoke children)

Y/N POV:

Jimin and I sat on wooden chairs outside the coffee shop by the roadside, both of us simultaneously taking sips of our coffees.

"Y/N, I have something to tell you," Jimin said, breaking the silence. I placed my coffee cup on the table and turned my attention towards him.

"Umm, I'm resigning that company." Jimin said making me to look at him in disbelief.

"I hope this isn't going to be one of those 'besties always stick together' talks," I remarked, raising an eyebrow.

Jimin sat there, his lips pressed together in a thin line as he looked at my face. I furrowed my brow in confusion, but in the next moment, he burst into laughter.

"Why are you laughing, brat?" I demanded, and he shook his head, still chuckling.

"Oh, my dear dummy, while it's true that besties stick together, that's not the reason I said that." he explained, and I pouted in response.

"So, you wouldn't stick with me. I thought you loved me. Well, that's it... Friendship over," I declared dramatically.

"Enough with the drama, dummy. I have something important to tell you," he said, lightly flicking his finger against my forehead. I shot him a glare and rubbed the spot where he touched me.

Of course, the fact that I had been fired an hour ago and was crying in Jimin's arms was long forgotten. That's just how it is with best friends; we forget our biggest problems when we're together.

"Okay Tell me, but first explain me why you are resigning?" I demanded.

"Okay, listen. I had already planned to leave that job anyway. There was too much politics going on in that company. I wanted to try for the company I'm getting into now, but I didn't ask you because I know you wouldn't want to work there," Jimin explained as I listened, sipping my coffee.

"Well, I actually got the job there now, and I wanted to tell you about it, but, um, these things happened," Jimin said, and I shrugged it off, pretending not to be too bothered about getting fired.

"I need to find a new job now, and I don't know how," I said, my mood deepening as I remembered what had happened earlier.

"Y/N, there's another opening in the same company, but... um, it's for a cleaning lady for the CEO's office," Jimin trailed off, and I let out a sigh.

"If you're concerned that I can't accept the job because of reputation or because it doesn't require a degree, then, Jimin, listen. I don't even have my degree certificates anymore. That might be the only job I could possibly get." I said with a sad smile.

"Y/N, It's not about that.. It's a different thing you wouldn't want to work in that company." Jimin said making me to raise my eyebrow.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

"It's the Kim Luna Corporation. You'll have to work as the cleaning lady for the CEO of Kim Luna Corporation," Jimin emphasized, pressing his index finger on the table.

My eyes widened at the mention of the company. No, no, did fate seriously not like me? Wasn't there anybody who hears my prayers? Just why should I see him again?

The CEO of 'Kim Luna Corporations is Kim Seokjin-a name I despise and a person I prayed never to encounter again. Despite his outwardly stunning appearance, his inner demeanour is nothing short of despicable. He embodies utter disregard for others, caring only for his own interests. He had once brought ruin upon my life, and the thought of facing him once more fills me with dread.

"Ah, fuck it... fuck, fuck, fuck!" I muttered, my voice low enough for only Jimin to hear.

"Y/N, we're in public. Watch your language," Jimin said shaking his head.

"Intercourse!" I exclaimed, this time loud enough for Jimin to hear, and he just facepalmed in response.

"Jimin, it's Kim Seokjin, the one I despise more than anyone in the world. He's so conceited. How am I supposed to be the cleaning lady at his office? That means I'll have to be around him all the time. This is ridiculous!" I exclaimed, frustration evident in my voice.

"Dummy, you didn't even get the job there. You're being your usual dummy self again," Jimin said, shaking his head.

"There you go, you said it, so I'm gonna get that job," I declared, and Jimin buried his face in his hands, clearly exasperated.

"What really happened, that much?" Jimin questioned, curiosity evident in his voice.

"That's a story for another time, Jimin. For now, let's just go," I replied, and Jimin rose from his seat, joining me.

I slung my beige bag over my shoulder and climbed onto Jimin's bike as we rode off towards my home.

~ ~~>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<~~~

Y/N POV:

It was past six as I stepped into my apartment. I kicked off my white and black sneakers at the door, letting them tumble across the room.

"Hey, sweetie," my mom greeted me from the couch, her eyes fixed on the TV.

The TV, a vintage relic of about twenty years, emitted occasional static noises as it displayed a dim, grainy image on its aging screen.

"Kim Luna's CEO becomes the richest CEO of South Korea in 2024"

I couldn't help but facepalm. Avoiding hearing that man's name seemed nearly impossible.

"Mom, did you take your pill correctly?" I asked, trying to focus on something else.

She nodded absentmindedly. "By the way, Y/N, we're out of pills. We need to get more," she added.

I sighed, knowing it was another responsibility to handle. But I had saved enough money for it.

"Okay, Mom," I replied, trying to sound reassuring.

Just then, Jia burst into the apartment, exclaiming, "Mom, Eonni, I'm home!" She ran up to me, giving me a tight hug.

"How was school?" I asked, ruffling her hair affectionately.

"Pretty good," she replied, beaming.

As I walked towards the bedroom, I felt a drip of water fall on my head. Looking up, I noticed the ceiling was damp, with water steadily trickling down. The room had a musty, unpleasant smell, no doubt due to the continuous dripping from above.

"Gosh I have to fix this too." I mumbled rolling my eyes in frustration.

"Eonni," Jia's voice called out, interrupting my thoughts. I turned to her and offered a smile, concealing my inner turmoil.

"Um, Eonni, my teachers were asking me about the fees today," she mentioned, her voice tinged with worry.

"Oh, shoot. I have to pay her fees as well," I muttered, feeling the weight of financial responsibilities bearing down on me.

"I'll take care of it, Jia. Now, go and change your dress," I instructed, mustering up a sense of reassurance for her sake.

As Jia scurried off, I couldn't shake off the feeling of overwhelming pressure. With my mom's medical bills, Jia's education expenses, and the mounting household bills, every day seemed like a struggle to stay afloat. And now, with the added blow of losing my job, the future looked bleaker than ever. The prospect of finding a job at Kim Luna Corporation felt like my only lifeline.

No matter how hard I fought against it, it seemed like life kept pushing me down further into despair. The hope of witnessing the dawn of a better day felt like a distant dream, fading with each passing moment.

Feeling the need for a break, I informed my mom that I was going out for a walk.

"Mom, I'm going to step out for a bit," I said, grabbing my jacket from the hook by the door.

"Alright, dear. Take your time and get some fresh air," my mom replied, looking up from her spot on the couch.

"Thanks, Mom. I'll be back soon," I assured her, giving her a small smile before heading out the door.

~ ~~>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<~~~

I retreated to my usual spot, the alleyway beside my apartment building. Settling down, I reached into my pocket and retrieved a cigarette, along with the lighter nestled beside it. With a flick of my thumb, the flame ignited, casting a warm glow in the dim surroundings.

As I inhaled deeply, the musky scent of tobacco filled my senses, mingling with the musty aroma of the alley. Exhaling slowly, I watched as wisps of white smoke billowed into the air, dancing in the faint light filtering through the alleyway

"Jimin is so going to scold me if he knew I smoked," I muttered under my breath, thinking about my friend's disapproval.

Suddenly, I sensed someone settling down beside me, but I didn't pay much attention. People often came and went in this alley.

"Smoking is bad for your health, young lady. Your future husband might not like it," a voice, aged and wise, spoke beside me.

I turned to see a woman sitting there, her demeanor gentle yet assertive. Raising an eyebrow, I regarded her skeptically. "Who are you, and why do you care if I smoke or not? And how can you possibly know what my future husband might like?" I questioned, a hint of defiance in my tone.

She offered me a serene smile.

"I know more than you think, young lady. And My name is Elvina."

A/N: The chapter got longer than I expected lmao😭. If you could see yes it is enemies to lovers coz I love tension 😉.Okay anyways I'm kinda in a crisis at the moment idk if it is a big thing or whatever but I just pray for my mental peace 💀. Okay anyways.. Love ya , bye bye and take care of yourself.❤🥺🤗

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

502K 18.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
22.7K 1.2K 61
[NOT EDITED !] Park Jimin young korean man who moved on in New York with his son. He seems happy, strong, confident for anyone to see. What will hap...
2.1K 73 20
All the Austin & Ally songs from season 2 full and episode versions
107K 5.3K 65
Majesty's parents move to Korea from New York. And make Majesty go to some random school, and she meets this boy (Jungkook) who is super rude to her...