Primrose || Draco Malfoy

By josephineprimrose

"Pick all the flowers of the world...you are more beautiful." After he's been despising a mudblood schoolmate... More

Z e r o
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y - o n e

T w e n t y - t w o

10 0 0
By josephineprimrose

"So did you spend the night with Malfoy?" Theodore asked, once they took a seat in the compratment of the Hogwarts Express to go back to London for Christmas holiday. He felt a bit mad at her since they were at the ball together, even though it was only as friends.

"Yes, and we didn't kill each other." She chuckled, "What did you do later?" Her fingers ran through his brown curls, which stroke his forehead.

At her caress, Theodore's anger completely disappeared and a huge smile emerged upon his lips, "Nothing special, I've been with Adrian and Marcus."

"I'm sorry for walking away without telling you." She muttered, her big eyes broadened even more.

Theodore wrinkled his nose, "Argh-" He threw his arms around her, tightening her body, "Don't worry about me, love." His lips kissed the top of her head.

Josephine happily chuckled before her legs stretched over her best friend's, and her back rested against the window, "You didn't dance with any girl?"

Theodore scoffed, "No, not at all-" He placed his hands on her legs, "I supported Adrian while Marcus danced with a french girl."

Josephine frowned, "Supporting, what do you mean?"

Adrian had been staring at Draco and Josephine dancing all the time untill they walked away. He had confided in Theodore about her by telling him that he was hurt by her behaviour, but he demanded not to tell her and to keep the secret.

"Erm..." He mumbled, hesitating on what to answer, "Well, he-"

"Fuck you're here." Draco stumbled into the compartment along with Blaise.

He was saved - Theodore sighed for the relieve.

"If you wanted to be alone, you could say it." A naughty grin raised on Blaise's face as he sat down with the blond.

"Don't be silly." Theodore hushed him as he rolled his eyes. He knew where he wanted to get at.

"Rather, what about Astoria?" Josephine asked, giving a glance at Draco who was rolling his eyes.

"It went good...I tried to kiss her, but she retreated." He calmly replied.

"No!" Theodore exclaimed, "Why?"

"She said she likes another boy."

Josephine acted as if nothing happened as Draco fiddled with his rings, his arms rested on the table, "I'm sorry, Blaise." She kindly smiled, causing the blond's gaze to land on her. He quitely thanked her, he felt relieved that she understood the situation and didn't want to cause trouble.

Blaise puffed as he shrugged, "I don't care much, she's pretty but nothing more."

"Even better." Draco patted his back.

"Instead, where were you last night? Pansy had been looking for you." Blaise questioned, curious.

"That ball was too boring, so I got away."

"You got away?" He repeated, making his friend nod again to confirm, "On your own?" He frowned. Blaise knew him well, too well, and knew that he would never leave without a girl.

"No, with Jòsephine."

Blaise opened his eyes wide as he looked at all three, "With Jo?" His attention lingered on serious mantle upon Theodore's face.

"Apparentely..." He mumbled.

"There's something wrong, Blaise?" Josephine stood quite confused at his reaction.

"Oh no...I mean it's great that you're finally friends." He reaussured, even though he feared that Theodore was sorry about it. When he looked at him again, he shook his head in order to tell him to let it go.

Josephine and Draco gave each other a look and awkwardly smiled.

__

"He did what?!" Josephine raised her voice, her wide opened eyes.

"I'm telling you, I felt so bad...He spoiled everything." Hermione shook her head and sadly lowered it.

"God, I'm so sorry for not being with you." She placed her hand on the spine of hers after her friend told what Ron had done last night. He left her crying on her own on the stairs while she was with Draco in her room.

"Don't worry, I returned to my dormitory, anyway." Hermione tenderly smiled, "What about you, how did it go? At some point I saw Theodore with a boy, but you were nowhere to be found."

"Oh yeas, I went back to my room because-"

"Josephine?" Adrian's voice cut her off as he was opening the door of the compartment where the girls took a seat in. They spinned around and a kind smile grew on Josephine's lips.

She hoped to see him again to talk to him, "Hello Adrian." Hermione said hi only with a simple nod. She recognized him as the boy she spotted Theodore with.

"I didn't want to interrupt you. We can meet later if you like." Adrian politely apologized.

Josephine's gaze landed on Hermione, and she smiled, giving her the permission of going with him, "No problem." She stood up and followed him, reaching the corridor of the train as his hands were hidden into the pockets of his pants.

"I only wanted to-"

"Before you start speaking." Josephine cut him off, "I wanted to apologize whether my behaviour from last night hurt you because I didn't mean it." She gesticulated, embarassed.

"I wanted to talk to you just about this." He nodded, "Before we were interrupted, I was about to ask you to dance with me."

At his confession, Josephine closed her eyes and shook her head, "I knew it." She whispered, desheartened.

"Listen, I'm not mad." Adrian chuckled at her sweet reaction, reassuring her by stroking her arm.

"Really?" She muttered, and he smiled and nodded, "Now I feel even more sorry because I would have accepted."

Adrian raised his eyebrows, "Yeah?"

Josephine nodded and silently stared at him. Christopher Colombus, he was gorgeous. 

"Would you accept if I asked you out after the holidays?"

"I don't know." She wrinkled her nose, "It depends on whether I'll want to."

He slightly chuckled as he approached by taking a step closer to her, making her spine collide against the wall, "Don't you have free time to be spent with me? I assure you it won't be wasted."

"I'll let you know." Adrian widely smiled as he looked into her eyes from above, from the twenty inches between them.

Salazar, she was gorgeous.

"Jòsephine?"

Draco suddenly popped out from the compartment, not so far from them. After having inspecting around him, he spotted her with Adrian, their attention on him.

"Oh Pucey." He annoyingly said as his arms crossed ove rhis chest.

"Malfoy." A fell from from Adrian's head before his attention landed on Josephine again, and he smiled, "It was nice talking to you, I wish you merry Christmas and let me know about that thing...I am counting on it." He winked.

What thing? Draco wondered as he was waiting for the girl to get to him.

Josephine sneered, "Ask me again in the future and I'll tell you." She slowly moved back, keeping their eye contact, "Merry Christmas, Adrian." She waved and turned around.

Adrian didn't take his eyes off her for seconds before they rested on Draco, who was threateningly staring at him, but he solely nodded and walked away.

"Everything okay?" Josephine asked as soon as she spotted his strange behaviour.

Draco's head immediately spinned to look at her and nodded, "We'll be at London in a few minutes, I was looking for you so that you could get ready."

"Oh thanks, Don." She smiled as she surpassed him to enter the compartment.

__

"Merry Christmas, Jo." Pansy tightly hugged her friend.

"Merry Christmas, beautiful." Jospehine kissed her cheeck.

Pansy peered over her shoulders, "Merry Christmas, Draco." She smiled.

Josephine turned around and saw him holding his suitcase with one hand, the other one was hidden into the pocket of his pants. He crossed his arms and approached to her, "Are you happy to come back home?"

"I'm happy to have a moment of peace."

"Yeah, understandable." She nodded, "Don't set up too many parties to celebrate me staying away." 

"I'm already thinking about twelve parties."

Josephine bursted out laughing, and Draco did the same. They stood briefly quite looking at each other and smiling, "Can I write to you?" She suddenly spatted.

"You have to. What about me?"

"Only if you sign yourself as 'Don Freezer'."

Draco rolled his eyes, "Don't expect any letter from me, then."

She scoffed, "You're the boredome in person." Her finger indicated him from head to toe.

"You didn't think so last night." He mocked, lifting his eyebrow up.

Josephine hushed as she looked at him, furiously narrowing her eyes, "You know how to corner me, too."

A little smile appeared on his lips and began to walk away from her, "Merry Christmas, Jòsephine."

She smiled back, "Merry Christmas, Draco."

__

Draco had been spent the first days of holiday at Malfoy Manor, and it couldn't be more boring. He had been all day, all days reading books and studying. He had even been trying to paint as Josephine had taught him.

Needless to say he was terrible.

He had been wasting time by laying down his bed with a book in his hand as he looked at the ceiling, just like he was doing right now.

He was sick of doing nothing and always being alone. Nothing interesting happened, and it felt like time stopped.

Holiday had never been funny and power of amusement to Draco. It was more interesting being at school and admiring Josephine as she painted, rather than staying here.

About Josephine - Draco had ofet wondered whether she would ever write to him. Not so many days were passed from the last time they spoke, but he expected at least a little letter. He was hoping.

He was starting to get annoyed at the thought of her not getting in touch with him. He felt anger slowly growing inside him, especially when he recollected the scene of Adrian and her on the train.

Who he thought he was that idiot?

Knowing that Josephine wrote to Adrian instead of him would be the cherry on the top. He couldn't even think of it without getting furious. 

The point is that the girl who said she was his friend had completely forgotten his existence, and he couldn't feel to be fooled more than this.

"Draco, dear, a letter for you has just arrived!"

The voice of his mother coming from downstairs was enough to wipe out his anger and cause him to rush with a great feeling of relieve and comfort.

She didn't forget, then.

He immediately felt stupid for doubting Josephine. That was another demonstration about her - when she says something, she does it.

Curiosity was devouring him as he approached to the woman holding the letter in order to analyze it, "Who is Primrose, dear?"  She asked as she was reading the sender name.

Why did that loony sign herself like that? He chuckled inside, "No one, mother." He answered coldly as his arm strecthed out to grab the letter under Narcissa's curious eyes. She didn't intend to give it to him until he confessed who was the sender. Draco rolled his eyes, bored about his mother waiting for a reply, but he didn't want to speak, "Can I have it?" He nodded towards the letter.

"Is it a girl?" She questioned, his eyes shined at the idea.

"A friend, mother. Don't get any strange ideas, please." Draco groaned, not wanting her to think about things wich didn't even exist. She nodded and let him grab the piece of paper.

Draco grabbed it and got up the stairs as he sensed his mother attention burning his back. He didn't want to show her that he'd been waiting for 'Primrose' to write him for days. Once he got upstairs, his steps fastened towards his bedroom and hurried to open the letter, little sparkles in his eyes as he did so.

He knew he could count on her.

His fingers let the letter out of the envelope and opened it. His attention spotted green and black embroideries in all the four angles, made by a really thin brush. He automatically smiled at those decorations, which were personally made by Josephine. Even her handwriting was elegant with small letters, but understandable.

Dear Don,

I thought of signing myself as 'Primrose' to avoid that someone of your family could question about my identity. I don't think you want your parents to know that a mudblood is writing you.

I saved your life, you should thank me.

I hope you're having fun without me and that the party procceded full steam ahead.

How was your Christmas? Tell me what you've done and the presents you received, I'm very curious.

I've spent Christmas with my auntie and some glasses of red wine...energetic company never spoils. I've also tasted beer and I must say - I really like it.

Aunt Maryam gave me a 567-paged book which I've already started reading. There are 148 pages left. Yes, I counted.

It's a philosophic and dramatic book. It's not about a specific story, but it only contains thoughts and circumstances that characterize human existence, faced from the author's point of view - a man extremely clever. I'm starting thinking that writing a book could be pretty exciting.

Maybe I could write one...would you support me?

I could write some drafts for a potential story, maybe fantasy. I don't think that if I wrote my thoughts in a book, someone would read it. That's why it's fundamental to have a brilliant and intriguing mind, or maybe the opposite.

Being extrordinary intelligent or attractively crazy?

Even though I can't read your mind or look at you, I'm sure you're thinking that the second one is perfectly suitable for me, since you believe I'm missing some screws.

Who know, maybe you're right. In that case, would you say I'm interesting?

To prove I'm crazy, I forced Bizet to wear a Santa-Claus hat and a pair of boots for cats, and it didn't even complain.

Poor thing, it must hate me. He must be losen hope...How could I blame it?

And despite you hate it, Bizet say hi and gives you a meows. You should give a chance to that poor cat, it's a good boy and doesn't scratch.

Aunt Maryam say hi, too.

I talked to her about you and the relationship we're building. She knows everything happened between us along the years, so she's quite shocked, but she's content and says that if you return to be a bastard, she'll cut your balls. 

Don't worry, she's not as terrifying as she seems to be. Instead, I believe you'll like her.

She's a squared Josephine Primrose, expect for her long, curly, red hair and her dark eyes. She's 5'7 and can't paint.

I'm sure that if you behaved like you behave when you're with me, you'll get along.

Going back to us...I hope Christmas brought you happiness like it did to me, and that you spent the holiday serenely with your beloved.

I'm expecting an answer from you, or don't trouble yourself and don't keep my company in the garden once we're back to school.

And you must sign as you know, (Imagine a threatened look on my face as you read this. Frightening, isn't it?)

I wish you to spend the last days in the best way.

Don't think too much of me.

With almost love,

Jòsephine with ò

Draco's eyes slowly lifted up with the corner of his mouth slightly drawn as he bited his lower lip. He shook his head as he realized how just a letter of hers made his past boring days - disappear.

He had almost forgotten how funny she was. Josephine was the only person who really amused him. He also appreciated the fact she was philosophical about his parents hating mudbloods, and about her having saved him from lying.

After all, this is what friends do, right?

Draco placed the letter on his desk as he grabbed a sheet of paper and a quill. He wanted to answer her so badly.

__

Dear Jòsephine with ò,

The party I organized has been more than hilarious. I also invited the Minister of magic.

I truly think that the night before seeing your freckled face, I'll organize tha "last supper" like the painting of that muggle painter you told me about. Forgive me, but I can't remember his name.

Don't be too astonished. You know, I listen to you whan you speak, don't think otherwise.

Anyway, it's unbelievable how so talkative you can be even through a letter. You always surprise me, let me tell you this.

Despite these days spent without your presence were calm, I can't deny how bored I feel here.

I'm glad you're having fun with your aunt, instead, and tell her my balls are good where they are.

I didn't do anything special at Christmas, and I received a golden bracalet, but I think that a book is definetely more satisfying.

And since you've made clear that my opinion is essential to you, I'd like to tell you that I would read a book written by your attractively crazy mind.

So, yes...you're interesting.

Don't brag and don't make me say it twice. I told you now, I'm not doing it again.

Moreover, I keep wondering why that mass of hairs of yours hasn't run away from you yet. It must be endlessly patient.

I'd invited it at the party, if I didn't hate it so much and I'm sure he was going to sing 'Everybody wants to be a cat', like you always say.

Salazar, I'm starting speaking like you do. This means I spend too much time with you and I'm going insane, too. You still have to tell me what it means that 'everybody wants to be a cat'.

I'll learn your crazy language soon or later.

About drinking beer, I'd like to propose something to you once we're back to Hogwarts, and I hope you'll accept.

Keep on spending a great time, and don't think too much of me.

With almost love, 

Don Freezer

P.S Obviously, I have signed like that spontaneously, no pressure.

Josephine was looking forward to receive the letter from Draco, and due to her excitement, she basically ripped its envelope. 

She read carefully each word under Aunt Maryam's amused look, "What a hurry." She chuckled as she let the ash of her cigarette fall in the ashtray on the table. Once Josephine finished to read, her eyes flickered on her aunt and happily smiled. The lady smiled back and shook her head, "This Draco must have got better a lot."

The girl nodded. He really did.

This day had started very well after going to the park covered in snow with her aunt, but now it turned even more great. The only person, who had never praised nobody expect for himself all his life, said he found her interesting. Analyzing the circumstances, it was a great appreciation.

Moreover, he demonstrated that all the things she used to say to him as she painted - didn't waste her breath. He even remembered one of her usual quotes from muggle movies, which Draco didn't even know.

The most incredible thing was him comparing the fact of seeing her again to Jesus' death through the painting of Leonardo da Vinci.

How the hell did it cross his mind?

Josephine read again the sentence Draco had written about 'The last supper' and bursted out laughing, "Oh he's also funny." Aunt Maryam said as she looked at her laughing.

"Please, read only this." She came up beside her and pointed at it as the lady started reading. All of the sudden, also her aunt bursted out laughing, "He's a genius."

Josephine turned serious as she looked at her, her soft eyes, "He says he has something to ask me."

Maryam opened her eyes wide and raised her eyebrows, "What do you think it could be?" She questioned.

She shrugged, "No clue."

"Do I have to say what I think?" 

"No, thanks." She firmly stated, "I already know what you're going to say and I'll preempt, you're wrong. We're just friends and we're getting to know each other, also..." Her teeth slightly bitted her lower lip, "Another boy asked me out."

Her aunt opened her eyes wide, shockingly, "Someone asked you out? Who? Teddy?"

"No, that's enough with Teddy!" Josephine exclaimed, "Actually, he's a friend of his."

"What's his name? He's pretty? Tell me everything." She questioned, blinded by curiosity as she dragged the chair Josephine was seating on closer.

"Adrian Pucey, he's Slytherin, 16 and pretty is very little for him."

"Wow, he's the first boy you like." The lady smiled.

"I don't like him, he's only kind and one of the most desired boys at school. I don't think he could ever look at me that way." She lowered her gaze. Her tone wasn't sad, but realist.

"What are you talking about? He asked you out, how can he not look at you that way?" Maryam frowned.

"I'm sure he did it only because he wants to be my friend." Her serious gaze landed on the lady before her, who was staring smugly at her, "Don't look at me like that." She said, "I don't have the slightest intention of deluding myself and let him make fun of me. I'll take this thing lightly and without commitment because I know about his fame among girls. I'm not stupid, aunt, you should know that."

A big smile grew on Maryam's lips as her fingers tucked a strand of Josephine's straight and wonderful hair behind her ear, "I've raised you well, my love."

The girl slowly nodded as her soft and full of love eyes looked at her, "You taught me to keep my eyes open and to not fall into a trap. I know how to behave, I won't let him make fun of me if this is his plan."

Her aunt gently kissed her forehead, "My little primrose is growing too fast. Please, stop." She giggled, cupping her face.

Josephine smiled, her eyes shining, "I really wish to be a primrose. Not only for myself, but for someone else, too. I think it could be nice."

The lady placed one hand behind her niece's head and tenderly moved it through her hair as she embraced her body, "You will be, I know you're not in a hurry and that's okay. Wait and don't worry about not achieving it. When you least expect it, you'll be the most beautiful primrose of someone who really deserves it. Let this moment get closer with serenity, and I promise you'll understand right away who will be lucky to have you as primrose."

"Remember, when you least expect it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 5.2K 35
The Mysterious New Girl. I Can't Fall In Love With Her. But It's Too Late For That. I Think I Already Have. ~ I felt a strong hand grab at my wris...
20K 269 54
NOMINATED FOR WATTYS AWARD (2022) His finger tips were sending shivers down her spine. Touching every inch of her body. His platinum blonde hair were...
3.7K 370 29
"Draco, I swear, I didn't kiss her back... I like you and I would never do anything to hurt you..." "I am sorry, Potter... but I... I don't..." "I kn...
1.6K 31 40
Embark on a magical adventure with Hermione Granger as she navigates the treacherous path from hatred to love in the enchanting world of Harry Potter...