Love Across Time

By Spread_UrWings

"Two Hearts Intertwined Across Different Eras" Aanya, once living a life so plain, A simple existence, her he... More

Author's Note
Meet Aanya Sharma
Arjun & Aanya
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
Seventy One
Seventy Two
Seventy Three
Seventy Four
Seventy Five
Seventy Six
Seventy Seven
Seventy Eight
Seventy Nine
Eighty
Eighty One
Eighty Two
Eight Three
Eight Four
Eighty Six
Eighty Seven
Author's Note
Eighty Eight
Eighty Nine
Ninety
Ninety One
Ninety Two
Ninety Three
Ninety Four
Ninety Five
Ninety Six
Ninety Seven
Ninety Eight
Ninety Nine
Hundred
One Hundred One
One Hundred Two

Eighty Five

584 51 3
By Spread_UrWings

-𝓐𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓱-

Aanya stumbled back to her chambers, the vibrant colours of the palace halls leaching away into a dull, suffocating grey with every halting step. Each echoing footfall mocked her not just with its hollowness, but with a cruel reminder of the life she once had, a life that danced with joy and shimmered with hope. Reaching the sanctuary of her room, she slammed the door with a violence that mirrored the storm, tearing through her. But the familiar space offered no comfort; instead, it amplified the desolate silence that had become her constant companion, a suffocating weight that pressed down on her like a physical entity.

A strangled sob escaped her lips, a sound that shattered the sterile silence and echoed through the empty chamber. It was a sound ripped from the depths of her being, a torrent of emotions that had been dammed for far too long. Tears streamed down her face, each drop a searing brand of humiliation that burned into her very core. Her trembling hands flew to her face, clawing at its delicate skin as if to erase the memory of the searing words that had been etched into her soul. But the phantom sting of Jayadratha's cruel barbs lingered, a constant reminder of the worthlessness she had been forced to wear, a poisonous thorn embedded deep within her.

Aanya crumpled onto the floor, the cold seeping into her bones a chilling echo of the emptiness that had taken root within her. Her chest, constricted by an invisible vice, heaved with each ragged breath, each gasp a desperate plea for air that seemed to get lost in the suffocating silence of the room. The air itself felt thick with the stench of her humiliation, a cloying miasma that clung to her like a shroud. The walls seemed to pulse with the silent screams that clawed their way up her throat, choked back by the sheer weight of her despair.

In that desolate space, the once vibrant princess lay broken. The echo of laughter that had once filled these chambers was replaced by the ragged gasps of a soul shattered beyond repair. A single tear, glistening like a fallen star, traced a path down her cheek, landing on the silk cloth that had become her refuge. It was a solitary mourner in a vast emptiness, a silent testament to the searing pain that devoured her. This pain was a monstrous entity, a ravenous beast that feasted not just on her flesh, but on the very essence of who she was. Aanya, stripped bare of her dignity and innocence, lay adrift in a sea of her own tears, a lone warrior defeated not on the battlefield, but in the cruelest court of all, the court of humiliation.

Here, in the cavernous emptiness of her room, Aanya extinguished the final ember of defiance, plunging herself into a darkness as suffocating as the despair that had coiled around her heart. The air hung heavy, thick with the cloying scent of unshed tears and the phantom echoes of cruel laughter that mocked her very existence. A strangled sob ripped from her throat, sound that tore through the silence like a banshee's wail. Each shuddering breath was a desperate gasp for air that wouldn't come, a physical manifestation of the suffocating weight pressing down on her.

Fueled by a maelstrom of emotions that threatened to consume her entirely, Aanya lashed out. Objects that once held comfort, a vase, a silken scarf embroidered with memories of happier times, became targets of her fury. They were flung across the room in a futile attempt to exorcise the demons that gnawed at her. With each throw, a guttural roar erupted from her lips, a scream that seemed to echo off the very walls, a chilling testament to the devastation within. But the objects shattered and the silk ripped, offering no solace. The only response was the mocking silence of the room, a cruel reflection of the hollowness that now resided where her spirit once burned bright. Aanya was a prisoner in her own despair in that moment, a once vibrant flame reduced to a smoldering ember, flickering precariously in the abyss.

Outside, a cacophony of worried voices filtered through the heavy oak door, punctuated by the hesitant rapping of knuckles. Yet, their concern remained a distant echo, a faint buzzing lost in the hurricane that raged within Aanya's soul. A prisoner in her own private hell, she lay sprawled on the cold floor. Here, shadows danced on the walls, mocking phantoms in a macabre ballet. She was defeated not by physical force, but by the searing blades of humiliation and despair.

The relentless ache in her chest had morphed into a monstrous vice, squeezing the very breath from her lungs. It was a physical manifestation of the emotional earthquake that had shattered her world, leaving behind a desolate wasteland where joy and innocence once resided. Each agonizing second stretched into an eternity measured not by the time, but by the hammering of her shattered heart against her ribs. The weight of her sorrow, a formless entity of crushing despair, threatened to press her into oblivion. In that desolate space, surrounded by the wreckage of her emotions, Aanya surrendered to the suffocating darkness, a silent scream trapped within the tomb of her own being.

The scenes of Dyutsabha played on repeat in her mind, a relentless reel of humiliation that flayed her raw with each brutal loop. She squeezed her eyelids shut, willing the images away, but they burned behind her closed lids, brighter and more vivid with every desperate blink. Her ears, once havens of comforting silence, were now filled with the phantom echoes of jeering laughter and cruel pronouncements that echoed off the cavernous emptiness within. The room itself seemed to morph and twist, the familiar furniture morphing into accusatory faces, the walls amplifying her silent screams into a cacophony of pain. It was a sensory assault, a relentless siege on her very sanity, leaving her adrift in a sea of anguish with no hope for a shore.

Aanya crumpled onto the floor, her body a fragile shell buckling under the weight of her suffering. Tears streamed down her face, each drop a searing brand of humiliation etching itself onto her very skin.  The world dissolved into a blurry mess of grief, the taste of salt mingling with the metallic tang of despair on her tongue – a constant reminder of the violation that had stolen her breath, her dignity, her sense of self. Every muscle in her body ached with a tension that mirrored the knot of misery tightening in her chest. It was a physical manifestation of her emotional turmoil, a leaden weight that threatened to drag her under, to drown her in the depths of her own despair.

A creak at the door sent a fresh jolt of terror through her. It was a sound that scraped against the raw edges of her nerves, a potential herald of renewed violation. She flinched, recoiling from the perceived threat. But then, a tentative touch, a whisper-soft caress on her head. It was a lifeline thrown into the storm raging within her, a beacon of unexpected tenderness in the wreckage of her world. A flicker of hope, fragile as a butterfly's wing and just as easily crushed, dared to take flight in the desolate wasteland of her heart. A sob tore from her throat, a raw, wounded sound that spoke volumes of the depths of her despair, even as she leaned into the touch, a desperate plea for solace in the wreckage of her world. Yet, the despair clung to her like a shroud, a constant reminder of the violation she'd suffered, a chilling counterpoint to the fragile hope that flickered within. It was a suffocating embrace, this despair, a constant threat to extinguish the tiny ember of hope that burned with such desperate tenacity.

"Leave me alone, Kanha," Aanya's voice rasped, a broken shard of glass scraping against stone. Each shuddering breath hitched with a sob, a counterpoint to the frantic hammering of her heart against her ribs.  The air itself seemed to vibrate with the tremor that ran through her, a physical manifestation of the storm raging within. "Don't you see?" she rasped, her voice cracking on the words. "I'm soiled, tainted by their cruelty. Even your touch, Kanha," she choked on a sob, the name torn from her lips like a prayer, "even your touch can't erase the filth they've woven onto my soul."

Kanha sank to his knees before her, his eyes reflecting a sorrow so profound it seemed to steal the meager light filtering into the room. The sight of his concern, a stark contrast to the emptiness within her, ripped another sob from her throat. "Aanya," he murmured, his voice thick with unshed tears. "Look at me." But his plea hung unanswered in the suffocating silence. Aanya flinched at his outstretched hand, recoiling as if from a burning brand. The very idea of touch, any touch, sent a fresh wave of terror crashing over her.

"Purity isn't a fragile bauble to be snatched away," Kanha continued, his voice trembling with a restrained intensity. He spoke each word carefully, as if walking through a minefield of her shattered emotions. "It's the very essence of who you are, Aanya. Like a lotus flower blooming in a murky pond, you rise above the mire, untarnished. Their actions speak of their own darkness, not yours. They sought to break you, to extinguish your light, but you, Aanya, are stronger than their cruelty. You are a fire, and even the foulest stench cannot extinguish your flames."

His words, laced with a quiet conviction, were a balm to the open wound of her spirit. Yet, the pain lingered, a dull ache that throbbed with every beat of her broken heart. A flicker of doubt, like a wisp of smoke, still danced at the edges of her mind. Could she truly rise above this violation? Could she reclaim the light that had been so cruelly dimmed? As Kanha spoke, his voice a steady anchor in the storm, a single tear escaped Aanya's eye, tracing a glistening path down her cheek.

Aanya's breath hitched in a choked sob that echoed through the desolate chamber, a raw, wounded sound that spoke volumes of her despair. Tears streamed down her face, carving rivulets of anguish, each drop a searing brand upon her innocence. It was a heartbreaking tableau – a warrior brought low not by physical wounds, but by the cruel treachery that had violated the very core of her being.

"But why me, Kanha?" Her lament echoed through the emptiness, a question laced with an agonizing despair that threatened to consume her. Tears, hot and furious, streamed down her face, each one a silent scream for a justice that seemed to have vanished from the world.  The world she once knew, a world of vibrant colors and joyous laughter, had dissolved into a horrifying kaleidoscope of humiliation and despair.

"I... I only wanted to protect Draupadi," she choked out, the words raw and ragged, clinging to the remnants of her strength. The memory of her selfless act, now twisted into a cruel mockery, scraped against the exposed nerve endings of her soul. It was a searing reminder of not just her failed attempt, but of the terrible price she had paid for her compassion.

Kanha's hand hovered a hairsbreadth away, a silent offering of comfort that she couldn't bring herself to accept. The very concept of touch, once a source of solace, now filled her with a bone-deep revulsion. "And you did, Aanya," he said softly, his voice laced with a profound empathy that cut through the haze of her pain. "Your sacrifice, however immense, cannot be undone. You stood strong for what is right, a beacon of courage in the face of unimaginable darkness."  But even his gentle words did little to soothe the storm raging within her. 

"But why, Kanha?" she rasped, her voice barely a whisper. "Why must such a price be paid for doing what is right? Why must kindness be rewarded with such cruelty?"  Her anguished cry hung heavy in the air, a stark indictment of a world that seemed to have lost its moral compass. Kanha's eyes welled with unshed tears, reflecting the depths of her pain. "Aanya," he began, his voice dropping to a pained whisper, "altering the threads of fate comes at a heavy price. You have disrupted the grand tapestry of destiny, and the forces at play seek to restore the balance. But," he continued, his voice firming with conviction, "you are stronger than you know. You are not broken, Aanya. You are bent, but not defeated. And within you burns a fire, a fire that will not be extinguished."  His words, though laced with a somber truth, offered a flicker of hope, a tiny ember of defiance struggling to ignite amidst the ashes of her despair.

Aanya's sobs subsided into a series of shuddering gasps, her raw throat burning with each ragged breath. Her desolate eyes, rimmed red and puffy, sought solace in Kanha's unwavering gaze. His presence, a beacon amidst the wreckage of her world, offered a fragile hope that flickered like a dying candle in a hurricane. With a voice raspy from disuse and thick with despair, she croaked out, "Is there no respite from this torment, Kanha? Must I drown in this sea of misery forever?"

Kanha's heart ached for her, a physical pang that echoed the torment etched on her face. The weight of her suffering mirrored in his own sorrowful eyes, he reached out, his hand hovering a hairsbreadth away. It wasn't a question, but a plea, a silent offering of comfort in the face of her storm. Aanya flinched, the mere suggestion of touch a fresh assault on her shattered sense of self. Yet, as the silence stretched between them, heavy and suffocating, a flicker of something akin to longing flickered in her eyes. Was it the memory of a gentler touch, or a desperate yearning for solace in the wreckage of her world?

The touch was feather-light, a whisper against her skin. But for Aanya, it was a seismic event. It ripped open the floodgates of her despair, a fresh torrent of tears erupting from her eyes. Even the comfort of his touch felt like a betrayal, a painful reminder of the connection she so desperately craved yet feared would sully his purity. In that moment, Aanya was a battlefield, a war raging between the searing memory of violation and the flickering ember of hope that Kanha's presence had ignited. And in the heart of that battlefield, a single question echoed, could she ever reclaim the sense of self that had been so cruelly stolen?

"There will be respite, Aanya," Kanha spoke softly, his voice a soothing balm against the storm within her, yet failing to fully penetrate the layers of her despair. "But the path to healing may be long and arduous, a desolate trek through a barren landscape where even the faintest hope seems a cruel mirage."  His words, laced with empathy and a truth she desperately clung to, offered a glimmer of hope. But even as a fragile ember flickered within her shattered heart, the agonizing memory of the Dyutsabha echoed in the desolate chambers of her mind, a constant, mocking refrain. It was a relentless assault, a film reel of humiliation that played on repeat, each frame scorching her with its vivid cruelty.

She squeezed her eyes shut, but the images refused to be banished. The jeering laughter, the venomous barbs, the searing touch – they burned behind her closed lids, brighter and more real with every desperate blink. Her breath hitched in a choked sob, a raw, wounded sound that spoke volumes of the war raging within. The very concept of her body, once a temple of grace and strength, now felt alien, a source of revulsion and shame. It was a prison, a constant reminder of the violation that had stolen not just her dignity, but a part of her very essence.

Kanha's hand, warm and calloused, hovered a hairsbreadth away, a silent offering of comfort that felt like a fresh betrayal. Even the thought of human touch, once a source of solace, now sent tremors of fear through her. Could she ever reclaim the innocent joy of connection, or was she forever tainted, destined to live in the shadow of this violation? A single tear escaped her eye, tracing a glistening path down her cheek. It was a tear of despair, yes, but also a tear of defiance, a tiny spark of rebellion against the darkness that threatened to consume her. In that moment, Aanya clung to the faint hope flickering within, a fragile ember struggling to ignite in the ashes of her pain. The path ahead stretched before her, shrouded in uncertainty, but within the desolate wasteland of her spirit, a single, resolute thought bloomed: she would not be broken.

"Don't let the darkness consume you, Aanya," Kanha pleaded, his voice thick with unshed tears that mirrored the glistening tracks on her own face. But his words fell on deaf ears. Aanya had retreated so far within the labyrinthine corridors of her mind that even the once-familiar comfort of his voice sounded distant, muffled by the suffocating fog of despair. 

"Everything is lost, Kanha," she choked out, the words a ragged gasp escaping lips that felt chapped and foreign. Tears, hot and furious, streamed down her face, carving rivulets of anguish that mirrored the desolation that had taken root within. It wasn't just the violation, the searing betrayal of her innocence, it was the crushing weight of disappointment. "They took my dignity, Kanha," she sobbed, her voice fracturing with the unbearable truth that echoed in the desolate chambers of her mind. "While the one who vowed to protect me stood by silently, a pillar of salt in a sea of my tears." Each memory, a fresh wave of despair, threatened to drown her in a bottomless ocean of grief.

The betrayal cut deeper than any blade. Those who called themselves her kin turned their backs, their empty promises dissolving like smoke in the wind, leaving behind a hollowness that echoed in the cavernous space where her trust once resided.  Aanya clung to Kanha's presence with the desperate tenacity of a drowning man grasping at a straw, even as she recoiled from the very idea of solace. In that moment, she wasn't just a princess stripped of her dignity; she was a shattered reflection of the woman she once was, yearning for a world that had irrevocably shattered around her.  The vibrant colors of her life had bled away, replaced by a suffocating monochrome existence where every breath felt like a betrayal of the innocence she'd so ruthlessly lost.  Could she ever reclaim the vibrant spirit that had been extinguished in the flames of humiliation? Or was she doomed to forever wander the desolate wasteland of her broken world, a prisoner of her own despair?

Kanha's hand hovered over her head, a hesitant beacon of comfort in the suffocating darkness that had consumed her. He ached for her, the weight of her suffering a physical presence in the air, pressing down on his chest with each of her shuddering breaths. "Aanya," he whispered, his voice thick with a sorrow that rivaled her own. "What transpired today was a monstrous injustice, a stain on the very fabric of righteousness that burns like a brand upon my soul. But you must cling to this truth – you are the victim here, not the perpetrator of any wrongdoing."

A tear, heavy with despair, traced a path down Aanya's ravaged cheek, each tremor of her body echoing the devastation within. "But Kanha," she choked out, her voice barely a whisper rasping through a throat choked with raw emotion, "the fear that gnawed at me for so long, the one reason I intervened... it has materialized into a living nightmare. How can I find solace, how can I even breathe, when the very essence of my being feels violated, tainted?  Is this all that remains of the woman I once was, a shattered fragment clinging to the wreckage of a stolen life?"

Kanha's heart clenched. He understood the agonizing weight of her despair, the feeling of being utterly broken, adrift in a sea of her own shattered dignity. Yet, his voice remained firm, a resolute anchor in the storm that threatened to consume her. "The road ahead may seem an endless expanse of desolation, Aanya," he said, his gaze filled with unwavering empathy. "But you are not alone. I will walk beside you, every agonizing step of the way. And within you, Aanya, resides a strength far greater than you realize. A strength, tempered by fire and honed by suffering, that will allow you to rise from the ashes of this despair. You will reclaim your voice, Aanya, and fight for the justice you so rightfully deserve. The path may be arduous, but the flame of your spirit will not be extinguished. It will burn brighter, fiercer than ever before, a beacon of defiance in the face of this injustice."

Aanya lifted her head, her tear-streaked face a mask of shattered innocence. Her eyes, once vibrant pools of life, were now hollowed out by despair, reflecting the wreckage within. It wasn't just the emptiness that haunted them, but a flicker of something far more terrifying – a nascent terror that danced in the depths.  "Kanha," she rasped, her voice a mere tremor escaping her parched lips, a sound so devoid of life it sent shivers down his spine. "How much longer can a spirit endure such torment? The weight of this injustice… it feels like a mountain pressing down on my chest, not just stealing my breath, but stealing the very essence of who I am." Her voice, choked with a sob that tore from her throat, echoed in the desolate chamber like a mournful wail. It was a sound that spoke not just of present pain, but of a future shrouded in a suffocating darkness.

Kanha watched her, his heart a canvas painted with her suffering. He reached out, his touch tentative, almost reverent, as if afraid to further shatter the fragile pieces that remained of her. Taking her trembling hands in his, he spoke with a quiet determination that belied the storm raging within him. "Aanya," his voice, a low rumble filled with empathy, "you are not condemned to walk this path alone. We will seek justice, a retribution so swift and so absolute that it will echo through the ages. Those who dared to defile you will face the consequences of their barbarity, a punishment that will serve as a chilling reminder of the price they pay for their transgressions."

His words, laced with a righteous anger that mirrored a flicker of defiance rekindled within Aanya, hung heavy in the air. Yet, the weight of her despair remained a crushing presence, a leaden cloak that threatened to suffocate her. It was a despair so profound it threatened to sever the last fragile threads connecting her to the vibrant spirit she once knew. As Kanha gently led her out of her chambers, a hush fell over the gathered crowd. Their eyes, filled with a mixture of pain and impotent rage, locked onto Aanya.  They saw not just a princess, but a symbol of shattered innocence, a testament to the cruelty that had unfolded within their very walls. The silence, thick with unspoken emotions, was a deafening indictment of the injustice she had endured, a stark reminder of the battle for justice that had just begun.

Aanya forced her eyes open, a monumental effort against the leaden weight of despair threatening to crush her. Across the desolate expanse of the room, her gaze met Arjun's. It was a meeting not of eyes, but of shattered souls. In their depths swirled a tempest of emotions – a shared anguish so profound it choked the air, a mirrored reflection of a promise broken, a love profaned. Arjun flinched, unable to hold the raw intensity of her pain. His averted gaze spoke volumes – a silent confession whispered by a protector who had failed to protect, a husband who had broken his sacred vows. The weight of his defeat hung heavy, a suffocating presence that pressed down on them both, a tangible manifestation of their shared nightmare.

Time, once a relentless river, had stagnated into a fetid swamp in the face of their despair. Each excruciating breath stretched into an eternity, punctuated only by the hammering of their shattered hearts. The air itself seemed to thicken with the weight of their unspoken anguish, a suffocating miasma that clung to them like a shroud soaked in the stench of betrayal. Aanya felt the echo of her own sobs trapped within the confines of the room, a constant, mocking reminder of the violation she'd endured, the injustice that had stained their world a grotesque shade of despair.

In that frozen tableau of despair, they were two souls drowning in a sea of helplessness, tethered together by the wreckage of their shattered dreams. Every stolen glance, hesitant and searing, was a fresh wave of torment, a searing reminder of the world that had irrevocably crumbled around them. The deafening silence stretched on, a testament to the depths of their collective pain, a chilling prelude to the arduous, uncertain journey towards healing that lay ahead.

A primal urge to reach out to Arjun flickered within Aanya. A desperate plea to bridge the chasm of grief that had opened between them, a chasm so vast it threatened to swallow them whole. But her hand, trembling with the weight of her suffering, remained frozen in mid-air. The raw vulnerability in Arjun's averted gaze, a mirror image of the despair that choked her own breath, was a searing reminder of the betrayal they'd both endured.

They sat there, two souls adrift in a sea of wreckage, their shared silence a deafening roar of unspoken pain. Each stolen glance, a fresh stab of sorrow, each flinch away, a chilling confirmation of the distance that had grown between them. The air around them hung heavy, thick with the stench of their collective humiliation, suffocating them with the weight of their shattered dreams. Aanya longed for the solace of his touch, the comfort of his presence that had once been her haven. But the memory of his silence in the face of her violation burned like a brand on her soul, severing the very threads that had bound them.

The path to healing stretched before them, a desolate landscape paved with the jagged shards of their broken past. A seemingly endless trek through a wasteland of raw emotions, where every step would be a battle against the relentless tide of unyielding pain. A melancholic dance with the shadows of their shattered hopes, a journey destined to be drenched in a torrent of tears and a suffocating ache in their hearts. Yet, amidst the wreckage, a single ember flickered – a faint spark of defiance, a refusal to let the darkness consume them entirely.

Aanya forced her trembling legs to take a step, then another, the movement labored against the leaden weight of despair. Across the desolate expanse of the room, her eyes held Arjun's captive. In their depths, a silent symphony played – a desperate plea for solace, a heart-wrenching question about the vows they had spoken, a flicker of hope for a bridge to be built across the chasm of their shared pain.

With a tremor that ran the length of her arm, mimicking the aftershocks of a devastating earthquake within her soul, Aanya reached out. Her hand, pale and bruised, bore the stark markings of her violation, a chilling reminder etched onto her very flesh. It was an offering – a fragile olive branch hesitantly extended into the storm, a testament to the sliver of hope that clung to life within her shattered spirit.

Arjun's head snapped up, his eyes widening in a mixture of hope and a soul-crushing trepidation. He mirrored her movement, his own hand reaching out, a hesitant dance towards reconnection. But the weight of his inaction, a physical manifestation of his guilt, threatened to pull him back.

The fragile thread of hope, thinner than a spider's web, snapped with the cruel finality of a breaking heart. The air shimmered, distorting the image of his outstretched hand before her. A wave of nausea, cold and relentless, washed over Aanya, stealing her breath and the strength from her already failing legs. Her hand, inches from his grasp, a mere whisper away from solace, fell limp to her side, a final, heartbreaking echo of the trust she had desperately tried to offer.

The world dissolved into a kaleidoscope of swirling colors, a dizzying descent into the abyss of her own despair. Arjun's startled cry, laced with a terror that mirrored her own descent, was the last sound she registered before the suffocating darkness claimed her. He lunged forward, a desperate bid to bridge the chasm that had become an insurmountable gulf. He caught her as she crumpled, a broken doll falling not just from physical weakness, but from the crushing weight of a shattered spirit. The weight of her unconscious form in his arms mirrored the crushing weight of his failure, a relentless echo of his vow, a constant reminder of his protector's shield that had failed her in her hour of greatest need.

He held her close, his voice thick with a despair that rivaled the suffocating darkness that had consumed her. "Aanya," he rasped, the name a desperate plea echoing in the deafening silence of the room. But there was no response, only the shallow rise and fall of her chest against his own, a fragile thread connecting her to a world that suddenly seemed unbearably cruel.

In the aftermath of her collapse, a new terror bloomed in Arjun's heart, a chilling fear that this wasn't just a physical collapse, but a retreat into the abyss of her own despair. He looked at her with a pain far deeper than any wound a weapon could inflict, the agonizing realization that the one person he was sworn to protect, he had failed in the most profound way possible. Tears, hot and furious, streamed down his face, a torrent of grief that mirrored the storm raging within him. And in that moment, a vow, forged in the fires of his despair, took root, a vow of vengeance, a promise to bring the chaos he had failed to prevent crashing down on everyone who had played a part in her suffering, a vow that wouldn't stop until justice, however brutal, was served. He would bring the world to its knees if it meant coaxing Aanya back from the precipice, even if it meant bringing the world crumbling down around them both.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.3K 3K 47
~ An Unique Wedding ~ • Book 1 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Pandavas, the demi-gods, five most powerful warriors in the whole world faced a lot of h...
Awakened By Wricaso

Historical Fiction

401K 21.1K 102
Disclaimer : This story is a complete work of fiction and this in no way intends to hurt anyone's religious beliefs. I will try my best to justify th...
30.5K 2K 36
ᴾʳᵉᵛⁱᵒᵘˢˡʸ ᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ ᵃˢ 'ᵀʷⁱˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵀⁱᵐᵉ: ᴬ ᵀᵃˡᵉ ᵒᶠ ᴾᵃˢᵗ' ❝𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬...❞ When...
Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

51.3K 2.3K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...