Forty Three

-𝓛𝓮𝓱𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓪'𝓼 𝓡𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓮, 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽'𝓼 𝓕𝓵𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻-

Duryodhan closed his eyes in annoyance as Aanya stepped onto the terrace. Her anklets jingled with each quick step, and she muttered to herself irritably. The sound of her approaching footsteps made Duryodhan's irritation grow. He turned to look at her and couldn't hold back his frustration. "Do you ever stop talking? Or do you enjoy irritating people with non-stop chatting?" he asked.

Aanya looked at him, scrunching her nose in response to his harsh words. "For your information, that's my place where you are standing. Secondly, yes, I love to irritate people with my non-stop talks. Do you have any problem?"

"Yes, I do. I was standing here peacefully, and you are here to ruin it," Duryodhan said, his tone indicating that he had reached his limit.

Aanya's gasp filled the air. "Then find your peace in your room." She glared at Duryodhan, feeling her frustration rise. "Already you got that annoying Jayadrath in this palace. Creep," she muttered to herself.

Duryodhan scoffed, unable to contain his exasperation. "Look at yourself before calling someone else annoying."

"At least, I'm not a creep," Aanya retorted, her voice laced with lingering irritation as she remembered her encounters with Jayadrath from last one week. He always gave her the creeps, maybe because she knew what kind of person he was.

Duryodhan glared at her. "Have you not learned to respect people?"

"I've learned to respect people who actually deserve the respect," Aanya said with forced composure, trying to maintain a facade of politeness despite her growing frustration.

Duryodhan rolled his eyes, struggling to understand her attitude. "What is your problem with Sindhraj?"

Aanya's eyes brightened at the opportunity to express her grievances. "You want to listen genuinely? Wait! Let me start from the beginning."

Duryodhan groaned, feeling weary of the impending monologue. "Continue talking to yourself," he said before turning and stomping off in search of solitude.

"I seriously need to ask Mata Gandhari what she ate while carrying him. Then, I'll prohibit that item for pregnant women. God!" Aanya muttered, shaking her head in a mix of frustration and disbelief.

As Aanya turned around to leave, she halted abruptly upon noticing Jayadrath standing in her path. A look of displeasure crossed her face at the sight of him. She took a step to leave but paused as he stood in front of her.

"Sindhraj, what are you doing here?" she asked, her tone laced with annoyance.

"I simply wished to have a conversation with you, Devi," he stated with a disconcerting grin.

Aanya's expression hardened as she forced a smile and replied, "I'm not interested in having a conversation with you, especially at this hour."

Ignoring her dismissal, Jayadrath continued, "But I have something important to discuss."

Aanya's patience wore thin as she tried to move away. However, she found herself stopped as he grasped her hand.

"Let go of my hand," she demanded, her tone firm.

As she looked at his hand on hers, Aanya raised her eyes to glare at him before swiftly pulling her hand away. She shot him a piercing gaze as she walked off, leaving him in her wake.

Seething with anger, Aanya made her way into her room, her steps heavy with frustration. Collapsing onto the bed with a heavy thud, she let out an exasperated sigh.