A Bookworm's Journey in the c...

By Galaxycharmer123

Main is an apprentice priestess in the Duchy of Ehrenfest, a small nation between The Kingdom of Blumund and... More

Introduction
Preparations
Travelling to Tempest
Massacre in Tempest
Consequences
Discussion
Evolution
Celebration and Training
Man and Monster Summit 1
Man and Monster summit 2
Delay
Daily Life in Tempest

Counterattack

148 5 6
By Galaxycharmer123

Tulli's POV

I was currently in front of the ruler of all monsters ,The ruler of The Jura Tempest Federation Rimuru Tempest. He looked extremely beautiful so much so that if I did not knew better I would have thought he was a girl. The head priest came in next along with his scholar and knight in tow. 

"You are tulli correct myne's sister?" Rimuru addressed me with a gentle smile on his face

"Yes- yes I am"

"Can you lead me to your sisters corpse I need to see her"

"Y-Ye-Yes please follow me"

I was currently trembling here was a person who literally held the soul of my sister in his hand. He was also fairly strong from the small aura he was emitting. It was clearly restrained but enough to let us know that he was strong enough to defeat us. I quickly led him to where my mother was. She immediately stood up upon seeing  Rimuru.

"You are Lord Rimuru correct . Will you really be able to revive Myne. I am willing to do anything to revive my daughter. Please rplease revive my daughter" my mom begged on her knees infront of Rmuru.

Rimuru picking her up by the shoulder addressed her in a gentle tone.

"Be at ease your daughter has protected my citizens from certain death for which I am eternally grateful to her and I also have a promise to keep. So be at ease I will try to revive her with all the powers within my disposal. This is also my way to repay her sacrifice. This is also my way to atone for my own foolishness by trusting humans".

With that he took a 90 degree low bow toward us.

"I cannot myself a leader bowing down to anyone but since this is private it does not matter please forgive me for my mistake in not protecting your daughter when she should have been under my protection. Rest assured I will Exhaust all methods to bring your daughter back. I already have her soul with me so be at ease" 

"Thank you! Thank you so much . I really can't thank you enough. My daughters are everything to me I can't go on living without them".

I hugged my mom in an effort to calm her down. Rimuru had a gentle smile on his face and then went to pick up Myne's corpse. Her body was terribly disfigured as all her bones were broken and she was white as a sheet as all blood had been drained from her body. The last spell she cast had cost her both her body and life.

"With how I am now I have only a 3.14% chance to revive her but rest assured I am going to revive your daughter by evening tomorrow."

With that he went out .

"Please wait"

My mom told me to come back but I did not care. I ran after him and suddenly my eyes suddenly fell on a wooden practice sword it was discarded and no one claimed it so I took it myself. After watching myne who were prepared to do anything to save us and Rimuru a leader who could rightfully kill us instead decided to apologize for his mistake lit something within myself. I no longer wanted to be the one who is protected.

I made a vow to myself to repay Myne for sacrificing her life to save ours and Rimuru who will revive her from the dead. I will become strong enough to make sure I can protect myne. What kind of elder sister will I be if I can't protect my own younger sister. 

Rimuru seemingly having noticed me stopped in his tracks and looked back at me.

"Can you please train me. I want to become strong enough that I can protect my sister the next time something like this happens."

He looked a bit surprized but looked towards me with a knowing but questioning look in his eyes. It was like he was evaluating my worth. I felt like he knew everything about me and all his eyes were on me now.

"Are you willing to become your sister's knight. Do you have the resolve to do everything to protect your charge come what danger may come her way. Know that this is a thorny path, you may have to sometime kill your own friends. Also myne most probably will not have a lifespan after I revive her so I ask again are you willing to follow your lady and protect her from all dangers come what may". 

He asked in a very stern voice . 

"I am ! what kind of Sister will I be if I am the one being protected despite being the elder of  the two. I don't care if she becomes immortal I still will protect her and I will become a sage to stand by her side till the end of time when she will die this is my resolve."

< Confirmed Individual Tulli has fulfilled the condition to acquire the Unique skill [Indomitable will]>

I suddenly heard a voice in my head and I suddenly began to feel powerful. This did not go unnoticed by Rimuru who was surprized by my sudden change in power. Seeing my resolute look on my face he had a happy expression seemingly impressed by my resolve.

"Hakorou can you take her in as your student and train her in the ways of the sword?"

"I am ready and willing my lord" an elderly man who suddenly appeared replied to him.

"Then take her in as your disciple and train her in the ways of the sword".

"As you wish my lord" he replied and then he looked at me.

"Can you please tell me your name child" He asked with a soft expression on his face.

"My name is Tulli I replied".

"I do owe a debt to your sister so this is also my way of repaying her . Ne warned my training is harsh and you will wish to die when you undergo my training are you still willing to do it?"

"I am . I don't want to loose my sister a second time after she is revived". I replied witha resolute look in my eyes.

"Very well after this is over I will train you for now follow me and look how I wield my sword and understand how to wield a sword"

"As you wish sensei"

He gave a nod and looked towards Rimuru. 

Rimuru took my sister's body and kept it near a purple haired kijin. He looked extremely sad hen he looked at her she was probably someone close to him. He kept my sister down and simultaneously various monsters came forward to him.

"We are launching a counter-attack make sure to leave no one alive".

With that Rimuru declared war on every person who was present over here.

Rimuru's Pov

I'm now high in the sky, soaring with my mimicry wing, I looked down at my below and confirm the situation. There is no problem. I developed a new magic just for the sake of killing these bastards.

"Die! Be pierced and burned by Divine Indignation! "God's Wrath (Megiddo)"!!!"

Dancing light rain down from the sky, it reflected repeatedly above the ground, it pierce the soldier bodies without meeting any resistance, and so the massacre begins.

In the army, there are magic divisions specialists that erect defensive barriers.

Even if the number of opponent is high, if it in short distance the will defeat them in one blow.

So to take cover under the barrier range is the common sense of this world army.

Of course, there is also defense barrier carefully prepared this time.

Even if they march to a city with high level monster, which they considered as a joke, the level barrier is still skilfully done.

However, in front of my new magic it doesn't have any meaning.

In this world, the principle of barrier is emphasized in the defense against magic power.

So it means that they hadn't any resistance against things that abide law of physics.

That is the result of the analysis of barrier, so that fact has been confirmed.

By entrusting all calculation to Great Sage I create several hundred thousand floating water droplets in my surroundings.

Far up in the sky, there are several dozen giant floating water droplets similar to convex lens.

The convex lens shaped water droplets up in the sky receives sunlight and converge it into a thin line, down below the water droplets form reflective mirror array, that is used to converge it more.

The water droplets are created by me with water spirit energy.

Thus, the sunlight that the water droplets reflected, converge to become as thin as a pencil and its temperature reach thousand degrees.

All the water droplets catch the sunlight energy, this is reflection converging magic.

This is my new magic, "God's Wrath (Megiddo)".

At the first simultaneous firing, not less than 1.000 soldiers get hit and die.

Below me, the march become chaotic, God's Wrath (Megiddo) attack is instilling panic.

Of course this is not the end.

Using the most optimum calculation, by adjusting the position, the second attack commences.

Not able to resist it more than 1.000 soldier die.

All problems are cleared, now I can finally clean those people (Trash) below me.

Without any sound the hit comes with the speed of light, not letting the soldiers to resist, they all pierced and burned, it's a massacre.

Soldiers with poor armor, Knights with superior metal armor. They all are killed equally without any differences. However, I don't aim at a particularly splendid carriage. It's uncertain if the King gotten in it, but it's impossible for him to remorse if he is killed. Also I need to see who is leading the Ehrenfest knights.

I purposefully left them as I had other plans for them. While coming here I learnt various magic spells Myne had learnt during her work as a priestess at the cathedral. Although she didn't know it all the text were spells of some kind and I analyzed all of them from there I learnt of a barrier which reflect back all attack and people with harmful intentions towards the people inside the barrier. I will use it to weed out the knights who were forced into it or did not commit any crimes. There were about 5000 knights of Ehrenfest over here and it will be a shame to kill them all. 

With this I started to slowly descend to the ground with my fluttering wing.

To those foolish ones, I will give them further despair.

 3rd person POV

Right now, what had happened in front of his eyes? King Edmalis can't understand it.

No, it's not only King Edmalis, the head of royal palace magician and the knight leader too, nobody from the upper echelon can understand what happened here.

The battlefield, had instantly turned into Hell's Pandemonium.

Just a while ago, the morale is high, they all fully confidence of victory......

The veteran knights who survived through many battle, were full of morale then from an unknown direction light comes and penetrate their chest rewarding them an instant death.

The still young volunteer soldiers, trying to escape without understanding what had happened died without even knowing what happened.

The dispatched knights from the Church had full confidence in their barrier, but those barrier were meaningless .

The weak and the strong, everyone were equally trembling in terror.

No one tried to retaliate.

King Edmalis felt the terror that makes him hard to breathe, he desperately tries to endure it.

He tries to protect his dignity as a King.

Thinking desperately with his confused mind.

No matter how you look at it, this military endeavor has failed. Their top priority now was to escape with their life from here, but it's already too late, that won't happen.

'Why did it turn out like this...? No, that is not important right now.'

He began to to look toward his bodyguard knights and the leader of Ehrenfest Knights

"What should we do now ?"

"He asked to the commander of the knights of Ehrenfest viscount Gerlach"

"For now we should go out and meet him or we will die either way".

King Edmalis also look at the sky.

Someone is descending from the sky, a person with a black bat-like wing.

The person height is not that tall, wearing a beautiful mask

On that mask, there is a crack that resembles a crying face.

Wearing a sublime beautiful blue kimono. That person didn't carry any weapon.

That person is a Demon.... No, it's a Demon Lord.

It's a Demon Lord! His instinct screamed.

At that time, at last, the king realizes the grand mistake that he had committed.

It is not something you can fights against.

The one Blumund Kingdom had relationship with.

The Demon Lord in front of him must be the ruler of that city.

That means, Hinata Sakaguchi from the Church failed!?

That calculating cruel witch, it had been said that she never failed in her task.

This Demon, had such an aura drifting from it.

For all that, it's a fact that can only be accepted. This Demon carries the same appearance that is similar to the Demon Lord.

No, there is still a chance. At that moment, an idea flashed inside the king's mind.

I am a King, I might be able to talk away to it and negotiate! That is a skillful thinking, then after returning to my country I can prepare a counterattack.

If he is the opponent who gladly conducts negotiation with Blumund, there is no doubt, it must go down to its knee at me, the King of a great nation Farmus Kingdom! Like this...

The king had lost in his foolish thoughts, and he commits another great mistake.

In this matter, he is no longer angry and desperation for his life is his biggest motivation on his thoughts now.

Rimuru's POV

Well, I see a terrible situation when I arrived in the ground,

With [Magic Perception], I obtained information of the situation perfectly, I can reliably pierce the vital point from the blind spots.

Occasionally, to create confusion, I purposely blow off an arm, a leg or the body, the screaming from pain that emerge causing further chaos.

This terrible situation is progressing in the way I had imagined before.

The surviving soldiers that see my appearance fall further into fear.

"Hiiiiiiiiiiii, he... help!"

Although I heard the voice that seems to begging for his life, I didn't care about it and pierce the middle of his forehead.

It takes time to get used to it, but now I can control the beam according to my intention.

The angle of reflection is simple, it's low cost, so I can shoot as many as I like.

If you converge the heat ray into a single spot, it will reach thousands degrees, so it will arrive at the point where it is possible to pierce a human with it.

If you had learnt the principle behind it, it is possible to shoot it optimally at will.

This calculation to aim precisely cannot be performed without using the Great Sage's computation ability. As one would expect from Great Sage. I once again become amazed.

If it is used from close range, even me with Great Sage's compensation, will had difficulty in evading it. In my situation, if I for a moment sense it, it hard to know if I will be able to dodge it, I will leave it to fate.

So it is impossible for a human to dodge it.

I shoot at some people who try to run away crawling similar to the one whom prostrating to me, while doing that,

<Confirmed. Unique Skill [Merciless] acquisition... Succeeded.>

It is not the Great Sage but the voice of the world from whom I haven't heard for a long time.

How to put it, this skill sucks.

Although one may say that it can't be avoided for me to receive this skill

When I wonder what kind ability it had, that bastard begin to talk.

"Wa, wait! You must be the lord of that city!

I am, Edmalis, the king of Farmus Kingdom.

Behave yourself! I hear you want to talk.」

That dirty old man flapping his mouth.

Oh well, the one I targeted introduce himself, It's a good thing.

With this I can get the mastermind.

"What? You just want to talk to me after unilaterally declaring war on my nation do you expect me to listen to you?"

So I answered.

"Im, impudence! I am the king of the great nation Farmus Kingdom! and he he is the commander of the Ehrenfest Knights You are a being that by all rights have no privilege to address me. However, it's fine this time."

I was getting mildly annoyed when the commander of the Ehrenfest Knight talked up to me

" I am Viscount Gerlach the commander of the Ehrenfest Knights stationed over here. On what basis have you come here to kill my knights."

"Your knights unilaterally declared war on my nation so it is given that I will respond in kind"

"You did also kill all those knights who had went there have you not. We have only came here to assess the situation after we heard that some of our knights went rogue and came to Investigate. Naturally we took an army with us to ensure our safety over here. This is the Jura forest after all"

"Ooh but I heard that the knight acted in the name of your king and you and don't try to wriggle yourselves out I have already contacted Ehrenfest and they have already told me their side of the story"

Then, in one hit, the arm was burned off.

"Be gratefull I did only this much . Your foolish action have caused Ehrenfest to become my nations subject so the only reason I am not killing you and the other Ehrenfest knights is because you are technically my subjects. You will undergo a fair trial and answer for your actions"

"Now what is your excuse ruler of the nation of Farmus?" I asked while binding Gerlach

"My, my country wants to enter a diplomatic relationship, can't it be done? It's a good talk right? I had been deceived, I didn't think that the city had a reliable person like you. However, it's fortunate that it's the opposite! The country with this wonderful hero can be considered as a diplomatic relationship partner.If you enter diplomatic relationship with my country, then we can mutually be in peace together. If you secure peace with my country, then you will receive the support from my country. This is mutually benefiting us, isn't it? Either way, I will also introduce you to the Council. How's that? Of course, you will received it?」

This guy, is he a genius?

The king Edmalis , without noticing that I am baffled by him, keeps talking without reading the mood.

For now, let just shut his mouth by burn off his right leg.

Though he is screaming after getting shot, he won't die.

Even if you don't do anything to stop the bleeding, the blood will not bleed out because the blood vessels had been cauterized.

Because it's best to leave him alive, it was convenient.

I notice the surroundings somehow become quieter and so I take a look, it seems that the surviving soldiers out of fear are all prostrating in the ground.

They pray desperately, for the first time to spare their lives. They are begging for their life. Unfortunately, such decision was already too late, for my generous heart was painted by anger by their merciless actions toward my people.

Right, the analysis of Unique Skill [Merciless] had just been completed.

The effect is, to the person who begs for their life, with its ability it will be possible to seize the soul of the person who begs for help.

In other words, this ability works against people who lost their fighting spirit, which send death sentence to them.

Though the skill wouldn't be much of use, this time the ability is extremely useful.

<Question. Do you want to use Unique Skill [Merciless] ? YES/NO>

Yes. I answered with a calm mind, there is no hesitation.

Immediately after I use the ability, besides the king that I didn't specifically set as a target and Gerlach and the Ehrenfest Knights all others without being able to offer any resistance, everyone else died.

With my ability, several thousand surviving soldiers perished.

The battlefield that was filled with waves of pain and fear had become calm.

To end the pain and fear instantly, consider this as my benevolence.

For the king that remains alive for now, there will be further pain and fear waiting for him......

At this time,

<Notice. The necessary human soul (nourishment) for the requirement of evolution (Seed's Sprouting) had been confirmed. The requirement have been met. Evolution to Demon Lord (Harvest Festival) will begin.>

The Voice of the World resounds in my mind.

Without my consent, my body begins to transform and organized itself and I became Extremely sleepy 

***********************************************************************************************

Hello all author here the next part of my story is out comment down below about how it was and how I can make it better

[Indomitable will] - Remove all restriction and negative affect on the body of the user and provide a power boost until magicules are Exhausted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.9K 27
If you hear the word reincarnation nowadays, it is usually an untrue fairy tale of being transported into a new world and overcoming the greatest evi...
320K 17.9K 11
"And I can't believe you y/n!! First time in these eight fuckin years of relationship, I had a real enjoyment on my birthday." He snapped, angrily. ...
5.1K 173 14
This is my second crossover. The Sorcerous Empire has now entered the world of Attack on Titan. A world where humanity is forced to live in three gia...
446K 24.6K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...