The Dragon's Legacy

_Savren_ tarafından

What if Maegor the cruel had a son? A raven haired prince. Born to carry the legacy of his father and grandmo... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen - M
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six - M
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One

Chapter Fifty-Six

931 68 116
_Savren_ tarafından

Jaehaerys rushed up the stairs alongside his grandfather, toward Rhaena's chamber.

As they pushed the door open, he saw as his elder sister being taken care of by the maids and a maester, as she was unconscious.

His mother, Dowager Queen Alyssa, was already present and was sitting by Rhaena's bed, holding Rhaena's hand as her eyes filled with tears as she kept whispering. "Thank you, Mother. Thank you Stranger for not taking my girl."

Jaehaerys walked and sat kneeled to Rhaena's height, as she placed her hand on Rhaena's other hand and leaned down and kissed Rhaena's forehead. "Thank the gods..." Jaehaerys whispered.

"It was not gods who burned Oldtown, it was my grandson, Daemion with Modread." Visenya spoke. "The Crown Prince Daemion Targaryen."

"So Daemion has returned... with my sister." Jaehaerys spoke calmly. "I must see him so we could—"

Visenya cut Jaehaerys off. "If you know what is for the best, Jaehaerys, you will leave Daemion be." Visenya spoke. "Anything that needs to be discussed, will be in the Small Council."

But Crispian Celtigar believed otherwise.

"As much as we emphasize with him, Dowgar Queen, now that the main pillar of the rebellion is broken, thanks to Prince Daemion, the rest will follow them into destruction when a King ascends the Iron Throne!" Crispian Celtigar spoke.

"There is no discussion! Daemion will be King!" Visenya spoke as she struggled to stand up and spoke strongly. "He is a war hero. A conqueror and he is Maegor's one and only heir! Maegor announced Daemion as the Crown Prince!"

"He is—" Crispian Celtigar was cut off before he could answer the Dowgar Queen, with Jaehaerys's strong voice saying. "Enough!"

With that Jaehaerys looked at the maester and asked. "Is my sister sable enough for you to leave this chamber for a few minutes?"

"Well considering—" As the Maester began to explain, he was cut off.

"Is she stable enough?!?" Jaehaerys asked harsher as he frowned a blood-chilling frown. Alyssa looked at Jaehaerys worried, obvious she did not want the maester to leave Rhaena.

"Yes, my Prince. She is." The maester spoke softly.

"Then get out of this room for a few minutes." Jaehaerys ordered calmer and looked at his mother. "You too, mother."

With that, the maester, the maids and Alyssa quickly left the room to stand by the door, until the small council could council in the privacy of Rhaena's chamber.

As the last of the maids left, Crispian Celtigar turned his head toward Dowgar Queen Visenya and spoke.

"Prince Daemion is a powerful dragon rider and a respected man among the men loyal to him, yes. But he has most likely committed Kinslaying in Oldtown! Whispers of it have taken the Red Keep that he has killed his own uncle by his own hands! Not his men, he did it himself!" Lord Alyn Stokeworth spoke. "The realm will not accept a Kinslayer on the throne!"

"He saved my granddaughter!" Aethan Velaryon spoke angrily. "If he has killed Martyn Hightower, he has killed the man who broke oath and held a guest as a prisoner and killed the other! If anything Prince Daemion showed him mercy by killing that bastard!"

"That does not make him any less of a Kinslayer!" Lord Alyn spoke sharply. "Just look outside of the windows, my Lord, my Queen. Everyone can see the black smoke from Oldtown! He burnt a city with people inside of it!"

Visenya scoffed. "Do you think Westeros was united by with gentle requests and promises of a free land? It was made with blood! Those who broke oath will always pay it with the life of those who follow them!"

"I admire Prince Daemion for the man he was before he left Westeros for Yi-Ti, but this is exactly the problem. He has not been in Westeros nor lived here as a Westerosi for over Ten years!" Lord Alyn spoke. "He is a war hero in a war that never happened in Westeros!"

"When you cowered behind the Red Keep's walls, my lord, Prince Daemion conquered an Empire, broke the back of the pillar of the rebellion that claimed the life of King Maegor and King Aenys, as it claimed the life of Prince Aegon and Prince Viserys" Lord Crispian Celtigar spoke coldly. "Are you a traitor or simply an ignorant fool, Lord Alyn?!"

"I am the voice of the people of Westeros." Lord Alyn spoke colder. "If anyone is suited for the crown, it's Prince Jaehaerys. He has lived in the Kingslanding his whole life. An admired warrior, wise beyond his years, and a man whose hand is clean from the blood of his own Kin!"

As Visenya clenched her shaky fist, Jaehaerys walked forward and stood in Lord Alyn's face as he looked at him with a heart-piercing look.

"I am thankful for your support, my Lord. But once more insult my cousin and you shall be sent to the Wall." Jaehaerys spoke coldly. "Princess Rhaena, my sister, is here safe because of Prince Daemion and you will respect him accordingly."

Lord Alyn backed off as he frowned and looked down. "I apologize my Prince, I merely—" His words were left undone, as the chamber's door was opened, and Ser Arthur Swygert of the Kinsguard walked inside.

"My Lords, My Prince, Dowager Queen Visenya and dowager queen Alyssa." Ser Arthur spoke calmly, but it was obvious he was slightly shaken.

"Now is not the time, Ser Arthur!" Jaehaerys spoke coldly as he looked at the Kingsguard and spoke sharply. "I told everyone to stay out of this room for only a few minutes! Did they fail to say it?!"

"Please forgive me, the maester and the maids told me... But..." Ser Arthur left his words undone as it was obvious that he did not know how to speak what he had come to say.

"But what?" Lord Aethan Velayron asked impatiently and sharply. "Speak you fool!"

Ser Arthur took in a deep breath and spoke calmly. "It is best for you to come to the Throne room."

"The Throne Room? Why is that?" Lord Alyn asked confused, but before anyone else spoke Jaehaerys walked ahead of everyone toward the door as he looked at the maester and the maids.

"Take care of my sister." Jaehaerys spoke and spoke louder to the council in the chamber. "To the Throne room, now."

                                      ________

Jaehaerys alongside the small council walked toward the Throne Room, not knowing what awaited them in the Throne Room.

As the doors to the throne room were opened for them, they walked inside.

There was the Iron Throne... A monstrosity of spikes and jagged edges and twisted metal. the most uncomfortable and dangerous to sit in Wester, with many of the swords forming its structure still sharp enough to draw blood.

And then there he was.

Daemion The Black Dragon, sitting on the Iron throne, with his legs crossed, and with the ruby crown of the conqueror on his head... and Dark Sister in hand as his hand rested on the hilt of it, and the sword Blackfyre in his other hand.

Jaehaerys felt as his back froze. "Daemion..."

Daemion painted an image of the Conqueror himself, sitting on the Iron throne as if he was born for it.

Jaehaerys had seen his father sitting on that throne many times, but no matter how many pillows he placed beneath himself or was careful, he always sat up from the throne wounded and cut, bleeding from his small cuts.

But Daemion... He sat on it with ease, crossing his legs and resting his arms on the handle of the throne as he looked at the walls of the Throne room as if he were lost in his own head, holding onto Dark Sister and Blackfyre in his hands, and the ruby crown on his head.

Daemion's eyes left the walls of the Throne room and looked at Jaehaerys beneath the Iron Throne and his grandmother, and Aethan Velaryon and Lord Crispian and Lord Alyn.

Daemion's deep violet eyes cut sharper than the throne itself...

Daemion stood up, placed Dark Sister in its leash and placed it on his waist, and walked down the stairs of the throne as held Blackfyre in his hand.

As he reached down the stairs, he stood in front of Jaehaerys and towered over him as he looked down to look into Jaehaerys's purple eyes with his own piercing deep violet eyes.

Other men looked at Daemion and Jaehaerys

Everyone awaited either to bow or fight–

Daemion reached for the crown on his head and took it off.

"So that is how it feels like..." Daemion spoke calmly. "Power... Unlimited and unadulterated power... And I must say... I only sat on it for minutes... I can see why our Grandfather loved it. It is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat on, but The harshness of it... It is more intoxicating than any lust, or passion that I have ever felt."

Jaehaerys did not know what to say, but as cleared his throat and spoke. "Daemion... It is good to see you again, cousin."

"You too, Jaehaerys. You too." Daemion spoke as he looked at Jaehaerys up and down, admiring the young man he had grown into, with loose silver hair, tall, but not as tall as Daemion, handsome, he looked every inch of a King.

"Daemion. I do not know if you know this, but you're father proclaimed and was crowned as King before he was killed in the Trial of Seven by the hands of Morgan Hightower, your uncle." Jaehaerys spoke calmly. "And he proclaimed you as the Crown Prince. His natural heir."

"I know, Jaehaerys." Daemion spoke calmly. "When I saw this crown and Blackfyre by my father's body in the chamber that once belonged to our Grandfather, it was not too hard to guess."

"By the natural law, you are the King even though some—" Jaehaerys was cut off by Daemion.

"I refuse." Daemion spoke bluntly and simply, without raising his voice, or even frowning.

Every soul present looked at Daemiom with disbelief, as they could not believe the Raven Prince. No words were leaving anyone until Jaehaerys spoke once more.

"Daemion, you surely are tired from your journey and your Time in Oldtown, and now to hearing of your father's passing... I believe this is not something for you to just simply—" Daemion once more cut Jaehaerys off.

"This throne is lust. It's power. It's laughter. It's tears. It's justice. It's unity. It's mayhem. It's revelation and rebellion. It's revenge... It's a burden." Daemion spoke softly as he touched the rubies of the crown. "The throne is a jungle... If you lose your way, you will be lost forever... Thrones, much like the Golden Throne, start wars between kin... between brothers and sisters, between lovers and loved ones... between once allies and now newfound enemies... This throne is—" It was Daemion who was cut off this time, by Jaehaerys

"This is the Iron Throne, Daemion! The most powerful seat in Westeros!" Jaehaerys spoke confused and sharply as he cut Daemion off. "Don't you understand what you are refusing?!"

"I perfectly understand what I am refusing, cousin. This Throne, the Iron Throne, will put families against one another! I have seen it with my own eyes, Jaehaerys. Brothers who would fight their sisters in a war that would only end in the blood of family on their hands. Brothers who would abandon their brothers in their time of need. Mothers who would betray the trust that their children have given them..." Daemion spoke harshly, silencing Jaehaerys. "You may not care or live long enough to see it happen, as your children tear each other apart for a throne... But I will not have it!" Daemion spoke harsher. "I will not let it be my blood, who will tear themselves apart over this throne! I will not live and die knowing that someday my blood would fight each other— Kill each other for this throne!" Daemion spoke angrily but he took in a deep breath and spoke calmer.

"call me a fool... Say that this throne is the reward of years of hardship and tragedy... I say no to it. My reward is peace... and this throne... is anything but peace. As I said... This throne is war, and I am done with war, Jaehaerys... I am done..." Daemion spoke calmly. "I've seen enough war for one life." Daemion contained calmly.

"Keep it away..." Daemion whispered. "Keep it away from me...This... Is not a burden I wish to bear... No more... I will not see my blood torn apart for this... This throne has cost me my father, the life of the greatest man I knew... It has cost me Gawen Corbray, and it cost you two of your brothers and a father... Isn't the life of one good man enough for you to see this throne for what it truly is?!" Daemion whispered.

In truth, Jaehaerys could not see it... And he deeply feared what Daemion spoke of. He feared that he could not understand him.

"So if you do not wish the throen, then what is there for you?" Jaehaerys asked calmly as he looked up in Daemion's eyes.

"Dragonstone. I claim my title as the Prince of Dragonstone, and the bearer of Dark Sister. Dragonstone is mine." Daemion spoke calmly. "I will be Prince of Dragonstone."

Jaehaerys calmly nodded. "Dragonstone is yours and your bloodline's. Your children and their children may bear the title of Princes and Princesses of the Targaryen Dynesty and Prince and Princess of Dragonstone." Jaehaerys proclaimed calmly in front of everyone present.

With that, Daemion raised the crown of the conqueror and placed it on top of Jaehaerys's head.

"The High Septon is no more... and so is Martyn Hightower." Daemion spoke calmly as he slowly placed the crown on Jaehaery's head and looked sharply at Lord Alyn and spoke colder. "I killed the High Septon with Modread's fire and took the head of Martyn Hightower with mine own hands."

Visenya calmly looked at her grandson, and only nodded and smiled a faint smile, for she could understand Daemion's heart desire.

Daemion brought his eyes back toward Jaehaerys and spoke calmly. "I, Daemion Targaryen, as the closest representative of House Hightower that you can find, for now, bless and anoint you as our King... King Jaehaerys." Daemion spoke calmly as he placed the ruby Crown on fully on Jaehaerys's head, and calmly handed him Blackfyre.

All present kneeled before Jaehaerys.

All except for Daemion Dowgar Queen Visenya.

Jaehaerys looked up into Daemion's deep violet eyes and beautiful face. Daemion smiled a small smile, and spoke loud for other men as they kneeled, though Daemion stood firm.

"Thank you, Daemion." Jaehaerys whispered so only Daemion could hear him.

"Don't thank me, Jaehaerys." Daemion whispered back. "The day will come when you will curse me for this... A day you will curse me and wish that it was I who had taken the throne... This throne, is not my burden to bear."

Jaehaerys eyes grew as he opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out, and he only could whisper. "What do you mean?"

"One day you will understand," Daemion whispered, but before Jaehaerys could say anything, Daemion walked passed him as he presented Jaehaerys to everyone present with his gloved hands.

"All hair Jaehaerys Targaryen, First of his name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm." Daemion spoke as he began to walk away, to Rhaena's chamber. "Long may he reign."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

46.4K 1.5K 21
"You look just like your mother." "I guess I do carry her tenderness well." "You both have the same eyes." "We are both exhausted." "And the hands."...
55.4K 4.3K 67
Visenya who is the heir to the Iron Throne just wants to make the realm better and safer like no one did before. While trying to grow up and prepare...
6.7K 201 8
"We'll be a fine line. We'll be alright." 👑 In 81 AC, the prince, Baelon and his sister-wife, Alyssa, welcomed twins into the world, Daemon and Daen...