The Journey Of Life

By Nontando-n

Life keeps throwing lemons and stones at her , when she believes that she wants to live her life until she di... More

➠PROLOGUE .
➠CHAPTER 01.
➠CHAPTER 02.
➠CHAPTER 03.
➠CHAPTER 04.
➠CHAPTER 05 .
➠CHAPTER 06.
➠CHAPTER 07.
➠CHAPTER 08.
➠CHAPTER 09.
➠CHAPTER 10.
➠CHAPTER 11.
➠CHAPTER 12.
➠CHAPTER 13
➠CHAPTER 14.
➠CHAPTER 15.
➠CHAPTER 16.
➠CHAPTER 18.
➠CHAPTER 19.
➠CHAPTER 20.
➠CHAPTER 21.
➠CHAPTER 22.
➠CHAPTER 23.
➠CHAPTER 24.
➠CHAPTER 25.
➠CHAPTER 26.
➠CHAPTER 27.

➠CHAPTER 17.

369 21 3
By Nontando-n

Nobuhlebenkosazane pov.

Taking my car keys on the kitchen counter I get out , locking the door behind me . Getting inside the car and placing my bag on the passenger seat I start the car driving to work .

Today hits a week now of me working there . The following day after I called Mr Ndlovu , he emailed me back saying that I got the job , the company was short of an accountant and I was really happy so I stared the following day .

At work things have been great , I got a lovely welcome , everyone welcomed me with warmth, well except for the other accountant that I'm supposed to work with , I kinda think that she thinks I'm here to take away her job which I have no intentions of doing so , but I'm very open for the challenge because I know that I'm good at what I'm doing , she can try all she wants to jeopardize my work but she'll fail.

Last week Saturday we did go to the runway show with N'khosi , to say that I was not excited about it would be an understatement , and it was better than what I had expected , N'khosi ended up buying two sets for me , which are super sexy , I can't wait to wear them for Nhlonipho.

Speaking about Nhlonipho, He was supposed to be here 2 days ago , on Monday , but he said that work is still keeping him busy but he'll fly down this Friday , and I can't wait for him to get here , 2 more days to go and he'll finally be here .

I still haven't told him about work , that I'm finally working , I know that he's not going to like that I went behind his back and asked for a job , but I couldn't just sit around all day doing nothing at all , I need to be busy too . I just hope that he doesn't react irrational when he finds out , I'll tell him when he gets here on Friday .

I drive inside the company after signing papers at the gate , packing my car at a spot I've considered my packing spot , I take my bag and get out walking inside .

" Morning Jessica " the old coloured woman at the reception greets me , this woman is gorgeous considering that she's in her early fifties , I wonder who's mother she is , I'm sure her kids are beautiful like she is if she has them though.

" Morning Eleonora " I greet her back smiling , I'm so happy that today I was able to say her name properly , without my Zulu accent getting on the way , but I said it in a Dutch accent.

" I told you to call me Nora " she smiles at me shaking his head , her Afrikaans accent giving her off , I just sign myself in and take my hand bag smiling back at her .

" Fine Nora , see you at lunch " I say walking to my office .

Getting inside I start with work .

I'm disturbed by my phone ringing , looking at it it's Nhlonipho .

" Morning " I say after answering it , the corner of my lips lifting up to a smile .

Nhlonipho is always busy , but he always finds a way to call me atleast two times in a day , asking me how was my day and all that , if he knew that I'm always tired . But I hate lying to him , I want to tell him the truth but I can't say it over the phone .

" Sphalaphala Sami ( my beautiful ), it's afternoon , how are you ?" He asks me , causing me to smile even wider than before , but I'm caught off guard when he said that it's now Afternoon.

What ? I look at my wrist watch seeing that lunch time has already passed , it's almost time to knock off , 6 pm , right now it's 17:23 . Jesus I've been burying myself in papers , trying to figure out how come every day an amount of R25 is always missing from the business account , I need to talk to the ceo about this , because it's looks like someone here from the inside is doing this .

" I'm good , how are you ? " I ask him too .

" I'm good , did you get what I sent you " my eyes widen at what he said .

What did he send ?

" What ? " I ask him confused and scared .

" this morning I sent flowers for you " he says .

" I'm not at the apartment" I quickly say , not wanting him to be suspicious . I hate lying and it's looks like my lies are now catching up with me .

" where are you then ? I sent them before 8 this morning " he says completely confused, I know what he's asking himself , where was I this morning .

Ohh lord , I need to think of something quick .

" I slept at Zama's house " I say .

" Nhlakanipho didn't tell me anything about you being there " he says more confused

Eish , eish , eish , I hate lying to him but I've got no other choice .

" maybe he forgot, look I'll call you once I get home , bye " I say and quickly hang up the call , I know that he's going to be very mad about what I just did , but I'll deal with that later on .

I call Zamokuhle , my hands shaking a little Because of how scared I am and my heart is beating fast , this is not how I want him to find out .

" Buhlle " she says , being her load self , if she knew that I'm in trouble .

" Zama , i lied to Nhlonipho " I say not caring about greeting her .

" Why ?" She says , more serious.

" I haven't told him that I'm working , and he sent flowers in my apartment this morning , I was already at work , I lied and said I was sleeping in your house , I feel guilty " I confess , I know that she told me to tell him on my first day of work , but I knew that he'll be mad . Maybe if I told him though , I wouldn't be in this situation right now .

" no need to feel guilty , where are you ? " She asks me , calm , She's always been like this , in serious situations she's always calm unless she's not crying .

" I'm still at work " I say .

" okay come to my house when you finish"

I nod my head .

" I am done , I'm coming right now , I'll see you in 30 minutes " I get up from my chair putting the papers on my drawer , locking it .

" sure "

" order something nice for me please " I say , I know how bad her cooking is and I'm lazy to cook .

" don't worry " she says and hangs up the call .

I open the safe putting the keys inside , I always look everything when it's time to go , leaving my table clean with only the frame pictures I have of Nhlonipho and me together , and Zamo , N'khosi and I together .

I take my bag putting the phone inside and locking the door behind me , meeting Swazi , the other accountant on my way out .

" it's early for you to leave " Swazi says standing infront of me , this woman is so beautiful for this rubbish , and to be honest she does scare me a little , with her about 5'8 height hovering above me .

" Good evening to you too , I didn't sleep with you , your mother didn't teach you to always greet ? " I ask her and I see her face changing meaning that I've hit her nerve , and I'm happy about it .

" I'll tell the manager about this , it's not time to leave yet " she tries to threaten me , but I'm not scared , I'm long done with my daily schedule that I've started Tommorow schedule , but I don't tell her that .

" go on then , what's stopping you ? I have more other useful things to take care of , if you may excuse me " I say , looking at her up and down like she did a few minutes ago , walking past her.

" you'll regret this " she says behind me .

I stop and turn around looking at her ,

" I already regret , wasting my breath talking to you " I say and carry on walking , swaying my hips left and right , with all the confidence booming inside me l

I'm so proud of my self honestly , standing up for myself like that for me it's huge , I see that Nhlonipho has rubbed off some of his bad habits to me , but I like this one .

I sign my self out the reception saying goodbye to her and walking to my car in the packing lot , unlocking it and getting inside it putting my bag in the passenger seat , I start the car , making my way to Zama's house .

I need to tell Nhlonipho the truth . I'm very hungry I didn't eat lunch today .
___________

Should I update another chapter?🥰

Please vote & comment 💕!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 75 35
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 '𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍' 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐳 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰�...
449K 11.2K 106
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐱𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞...
808 82 11
An ambitious Lawyer who raises his two brothers is going stir crazy. His brothers do not listen, they fight with each other, and the household feels...
5.8K 291 23
Their families are friends but they hate each other. He thinks her is an immature , stubborn , and spoiled girl with childish behaviour . And she t...