Raison D'être - Treech

By allurlcve

Raison D'être - a reason for living [ edited ] A story where a wealthy girl has to mentor a lumberjack. Or, a... More

Raison D'être - Act I
[ 1 - seems easy]
[ 2 - a lumberjack]
[ 3 - i won't get humiliated]
[ 4 - stealing and killing ]
[ 5 - what if he hurts me? ]
[ 6 - oh, clemmie... ]
[ 7 - charmer ]
Raison D'être - Act II
[ 8 - when the bell rings, lover you're on your own ]
[ 9 - my classmate and bread crumbs ]
[ 10 - sweet girl lamina ]
[ 11 - good afternoon, ms. trinket ]
[ 12 - snow melts ]
[ 13 - guilt, guilt and guilt ]
[ 14 - it's over. but is it? ]
Raison D'être - Act III
[ 15 - cabins and trees ]
[ 16 - reunion of souls ]
[ 17 - fainted ]
[ 18 - you go girl! ]
[ 19 - and i'm his favorite daughter ]
[ 20 - jumps and kisses ]
Epilogue

10K BONUS

125 8 80
By allurlcve

"DON'T YOU LOOK marvellous?" asked Clemensia as she finished doing Priscilla's makeup. Although it was something that the blonde was better at, she didn't argue with Clemensia.

"Ilana is supposed to come with the dress in like three minutes, god knows where she's at," Clemmie grumbled.

"District 7 seems to be busy today." sighed Priscilla as her eyes wandered to her reflection in the mirror. The golden eyeliner she put on back in the Capitol didn't seem to look good on her once she stayed in the districts. She barely even put on makeup.

Although it's been seven years since her father sent her in there, Priscilla still felt like it was yesterday.

"Clemmie?" She spoke up. "Yeah?" Clemensia turned around. "Do you think I'm... doing what's right?"

Clemensia's face fell. She walked over to where Priscilla sat and crouched down beside her, her eyes staring directly at their reflections in the mirror.

"Of course you are. After these seven years, I don't imagine us being stuck in the Capitol, you know. I don't imagine you being with another man that Treech and I certainly don't imagine myself with someone different than Corker." said Clemensia.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

Priscilla's and Clemensia's eyes snapped to Ilana, who bumped into the room with a white, elegant dress in hands. "Sorry, I'm late!"

"The wedding starts in an hour," Clemensia grumbled. "An hour is enough, Clemmie." Priscilla chuckled as she stood up and approached Ilana, taking the dress.

The moment the soft, velvet material touched her skin, Priscilla automatically started to feel happy. It was her wedding. It was her day.

Her hair was tied in an elegant bun, accompanied by some flowers to represent the districts. She also wore golden jewelry to have some part of old her during the ceremony.

If you told eighteen-year-old Priscilla Trinket she would marry a Lumberjack, she'd treat you like some psycho.

Yet there she was, twenty-five years old, staring at herself in a wedding dress.

Inhaling a breath, she pulled the handle and showed up in front of not only Clemensia and Ilana, but also Lyndon and Treech's mother - Castanea.

"Now, what did I do to deserve such a beautiful daughter-in-law?" asked Castanea, making Priscilla turn pink and stare at the floor, fidgeting with her fingers.

"You're the most beautiful bride I've ever seen," said Lyndon as she wiped a tear. "Lyndon, don't cry!" Clemensia scowled, standing up to hug the woman.

"Y'all growing up faster than I wanted you to." Lyndon declared.

The only person still focused on Priscilla was Ilana, who approached her with a soft smile. "Listen, if I didn't have a girlfriend, I'd tell Treech to better keep one eye on his wife. Might steal you."

Priscilla let out a laugh, "I'm so glad you're here, Ilana."

"Everything for you," said Ilana. "If Treech hurts you - come to me. Me and my lesbian gang will finish him in a few seconds."

"Lesbian gang?" laughed Priscilla. "What? There are lots of lesbians in District 7." Ilana shrugged.

Someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" said Priscilla, her sight greeting Ackley's face. "It's time." He said.

"Oh, fuck, let's go!" Ilana grabbed her bouquet and sprinted out of the room, followed by the rest of the women.

"You ready?" Ackley cocked an eyebrow. "I've never been more ready." Priscilla declared as she walked over to him and looped her arm around Ackley's.

Since her father was in the Capitol, a brother should lead her to the altar. But Epiphanes was in the Capitol too, so Ackley decided he'd play the role.

Although Priscilla was rather excited than nervous, every step leading her closer to the yard tied several knots in her stomach.

Once they entered Lyndon's garden, everyone was already there. Corker, waiting to officiate the wedding, Ilana and Clemensia in light pink dresses, waiting for Priscilla with smiles, Lyndon and Castanea in the crowd, and finally Treech.

Her Treech.

The man she was going to marry in a few minutes. A man who didn't hate her when she wanted to return to the Capitol. A man who hadn't gotten tired of her all these seven years.

Honestly? He looked like he was about to cry. But not because he was sad. Out of happiness.

Priscilla counted the steps to the altar, every step for another person.

One. For Epiphanes.

Two. For Clemensia.

Three. For Ilana and her girlfriend.

Four. For Corker.

Five. For Ackley and his wife.

Six. For Lyndon and Treech's family.

Seven. For Persephone and Festus.

Eight. For Lysistrata.

Nine. Even for her father.

Ten. For Lusitania.

Priscilla took her place in front of Treech, the two maintaining eye contact. He took her hands in his, as Corker spoke up, "We gathered here to celebrate the wedding of Priscilla Trinket and Treech Shephard. Let's get to the vows since I don't want to be boring."

"Will you please repeat this vow to Priscilla, saying after me: I, Treech Shephard, take you Priscilla Trinket, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you."

Treech inhaled a breath, "I, Treech Shephard, take you Priscilla Trinket, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you."

Priscilla's smile went wider as Corker spoke up again, "Will you please repeat this vow to Treech, saying after me: I, Priscilla Trinket, take you, Treech Shephard, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you."

"I, Priscilla Trinket, take you, Treech Shephard, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you," Priscilla repeated as tears of happiness gathered in her eyes.

"Treech, will you please take this ring and place it upon the third finger of Priscilla's left hand, and holding her hand in yours, please repeat this promise to her saying after me: With this ring, I seal my promise, to be your faithful and loving husband."

Treech took the ring and raised the hand with it, "With this ring, I seal my promise, to be your faithful and loving husband." He said, placing the ring on her finger, and giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Priscilla, will you please take this ring and place it upon the third finger of Treech's left hand, and holding his hand in yours please repeat this promise to him saying after me: With this ring, I seal my promise, to be your faithful and loving wife," asked Corker, handing the ring to Priscilla.

Once she took it, she spoke up, "With this ring, I seal my promise, to be your faithful and loving wife." And placed it on Treech's finger.

Corker's face brightened up with a smile as he spoke up now louder than before, "Ladies and gentlemen, it is my privilege to introduce to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Shephard."

"You can kiss now."

The two leaned in closer, their lips meeting. They had kissed thousands of times, but this one felt as if she was kissing him for the first time again. Her heart beat in sync with their lips as the millions of unspoken and spoken words contained in their lips pressed to each other.

They both felt truly happy.

After the ceremony, Lyndon and Castanea brought the food and drinks. The people clapped their hands as Priscilla and Treech did their first dance.

"After seven years you've finally agreed to be my wife." sighed Treech. "Not seven," laughed Priscilla. "Four. You proposed after three years, Treech."

"And you told me you're not ready," Treech chuckled. "But I agreed when you proposed the second time." Priscilla reminded with a playful smirk.

"I wasn't going to give up, Waspy."

"You think I didn't know, Logger?"

₊˚•. ↳ a/n
WHAT'S UP MY LOVELIES I MISSED YOU SM!!!

I am SO grateful for all the support and 10 THOUSAND READERS??? I was literally shaking when I saw it, then dancing around the room like a little kid💀 Once again thank you❤️

Anyway, I hope you guys liked (or like) this story! (I personally don't but whatever) I also have many (three lmao) other fics on my account, so check them out if you want <3 They're about Sejanus, Vipsania and Festus!!

I wrote this bonus mainly because I missed Priscilla and Treech so so much </3

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT ONCE AGAIN

love, love, love you guys

May💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 1K 27
"take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die" in which a capitol girl falls for her tribute content warnings: swearing, death, violence, men...
22.9K 570 17
"Treech is your tribute. You are his mentor. You shouldn't be, fraternising with a tribute. Let alone someone so.. low." Snow snarls into your ear.
34.6K 674 27
" his eyes were heartless, yet so full of love " coriolanus snow x fem!oc started: O9/O1/2O24 completed: 17/O3/2O24
198K 5K 28
When Aria Thorne volunteers as tribute to save her best friend, Lucy Gray, she's unaware of the ways in which her life will change at the hands of Co...