Puck, The Fine Lines |The Roc...

By prayersimeon

In light of my breakup last year really affected me in many ways but not every famous artist writes breakup s... More

Dedication
Characters aesthetic
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter ten (part two)
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen part-one
Chapter Nineteen part-two
Chapter Twenty
Author notes
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter Thirty-three

Chapter Nine (part one)

2 1 0
By prayersimeon

Rochelle's Pov

A few seconds before I had to leave my room in the housing residential building to go on a date with him and it has been a while since I have been on a proper date now that I've seen myself in the mirror twice when my friends were here to give me some moral support, advice as well as giving me their honest opinions about how I look. Avenna, Charlie, Natalia, Jessamyn and Floral were all being my hype girls for my date even though they promise me that they won't spy on me during our date because you won't believe those great hackers skills that Avenna and Natalia have between the two of them was amazing.

According to all my friends, I could never be too careful with dating people in real life as they explained to me that dating people in real life wasn't like fictional characters dating in the books. This was them trying to show their best friends the love that they have for me in wanted me to be secure and back in one piece although, Jessamyn's boyfriend basically just message her saying that I should be able to trust his votes in assurance about how Mason was one of those safest people who he knew because they were a best friend at the age of six years in a hockey camp.

"Bestie, you look so gorgeous and if anything else happened just message us okay?"asked Jessamyn.

They all help me get ready for a date before we slowly walked down the stairs especially when they all think that I needed to have a celebrity or a movie star entrance since according to them, I deserve the finest things in life honestly, but they also think that I need a little backup escape plan because what if they date doesn't even work out in the end which means they still insist on getting me out of a bad situation. However, for once I had full confidence that this date would end well because he listened to all my favorite stuff that I have talked about, for example, my favorite food, drinks, colors, books,music , Tv-shows and adventures.

My friends and I were hugging each other. Next we were chatting about where we think he was going to go with him and I for our date whilst cheering with apple juice in our champagne glasses waiting for him to come pick me up from the university housing building. Often the strongest people were the ones who hid their feelings away from everyone else but when they were something alone in their bedroom at night looking at the window to see the stars at night they would feel like they were the most broken ones hence why their souls were so beautiful.

"Thanks girls for being the best friends that I could ever ask for."I said to Avenna, Charlie, Jessamyn and Natalia.

Fortunately for him, I didn't want to risk of ruining our date tonight either way because I didn't want to be a burden for spilling my heart out of my mouth when we were together to avoid being a sad lonely girl even though I adore sitting outside in the sunshine whilst writing in my journal or reading a book somewhere in the under a cherry blossom tree in a middle of a field. On the bright side, he knocked on the door like a gentleman in the novels. As I opened the door he stood leaning against the door frame wearing his white shirt, blue jeans with smart shoes and sunglasses on top of his head.it was like instantly knowing that something was off about me.

He looked at me whilst gently caressing my cheeks as he asked "Why did you look so upset? Are you sure that you're feeling up for our date?"

Was I so easy to read? I thought to myself that surely I wasn't too easy to read like a painting or a one hundred page book?

He added, "Yes, you're the most exquisite painting that I have ever had the pleasure to see but your face tells me what you are feeling."

Moreover, I have heard rumors about him around school that he was very blunt, mysteriously attractive and he enjoyed doing some sort of illegal activities but somehow I didn't want to believe what other people said about him unless I have gotten him more yet rather than just his surfaces levels although I should probably just tell him what I don't want to be called except for my actual name, a cute nickname or pet name too if we last longer than one date.

I tried to suppress the urge to smile at his kind words knowing that I don't take compliments very well. Nonetheless when he does it it feels like he actually means those words he says to me because I was so tired of the half-fake truth including the lies that other people had told me. I turned around to see all of my friends smile as well as silently squealing at his smooth lines along with how hard it was to try not to show how impressed I was by him. In addition to this, it feels like I was an extremely emotional connection person which means that I have to test him a little bit to see his emotional intelligence too.

"You are quite a charmer, aren't you?"I raised a question to him with a smile.

And after a moment, I could have heard my friends high-five each other as well as applauding me as my flirty side came out from nowhere before I entered his car, I waved goodbye to my friends immediately knowing that later tonight my friends were going to be spamming my DMS on the group chat afterwards this date ends with a truckload of questions about how it went from the beginning to the end.

This was not the first time that I have been in a car with him. At the start of the year, he drove me to one of my small singing gigs even though my parents wished me to be at the top of my classes and be a brilliant medical student. It has been a while since I have had to convince them to let me live my life because believe me when I say this music was more than a passion you know, the feeling of being able to pick up a pen to begin writing a lot of words on paper it feels like magic to me that does transport me to another universe or places.

Finally, we arrived at our destination for our date especially when Mr. Mysterious did not spare me any more details about the dress code earlier this week. Right now he parked the car and then opened my door once he had gotten out of his car as we went into the restaurant.

"I hope you like the Korean BBQ restaurant and I'm not making ahh...  any assumption because of your ethnicity," he said nervously running his hands through his brown hair.

Awww I made a six ft five hockey defender player apprehensive and on the edge which I really found was cute including a bit great seemingly that I wasn't the only one who was nervous about our first date, however, all I wanted to do was get to know him more than just walking past each other in the hallway saying hi and byes do not mention that we did share an adorable kitten called Mitten together co-parenting her.

"Yes, I do love Korean BBQ, and no I don't find your offense even though it is fun to let you sweat for a while." I said and then proceeded with a laugh to try to lighten up the mood again.

As we entered the restaurant it smelled so amazing here. We only know each other for some years now but it was like he knew his stuff about me so nothing was more than a green flag if a guy had done his research on me because sometimes we go visit a couple of fast-food restaurants or cafes alongside our friends nevertheless, I know that he was more than just a pretty face from the moment last year he was still willing to help out one of my friends Natalia with her protest even if it means that he would risk his position on the team or the time when he and holden did help his friend Asher win back Jessamyn my best friend too.

Most guys like my ex-boyfriend would just order a salad for me on dates as if my whole life revolve around the dish and regardless of this, I saw Mason handed over a menu to me to choose my own meal for our date as I began to wonder what if I had been dating the wrong boys in the past year because Number seventeen was the best listener out of all of the guys who I had dated before him.

"So what made you decide to choose this place for our date?" I asked him.

The both of us began to place our order to the waiters as my phone started to ring but i decided to ignore turning it on silenit as i check the screen i saw it was a random number with a text that reads: Hey Roch, it is true that you're dating my arch nemesis Mason Avery?

They both have one fight between them which was  rooted from a hot deep argument that leads to a fight and I was pretty sure that Mason had won that fight even though he fought my ex-boyfriend Tristan who cheated on me during our whole entire relationship the same day I was singing at the school creative arts competition. I am always on my guard from the rest of the world but when it comes to him I was able to be myself for once in my life.

"I heard the buzz around town that this newest place serves the best foods so I thought why not treat you to this place." he explained to me.

Once the waiter had brought our food to our table we began to eat whilst having an interesting conversation amongst each other and there wasn't one single dull between the two of us afterwards we did have a debated with one another when it was time to pay the bills even though i was a determined to pay for my half of the bills for myself. Also, he was willing to pay for the whole bills plus it wasn't like i was an starving artist because i could pay for half of my bills eventually the poor confused waiter was waiting for us to decide who was responsible for the bills so we played rock, paper and scissors which means that i won in the end as i paid for my half of the bills also kindly tipping the waiter too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 2.1K 57
I'm pretty sure you've heard of the story of a famous teen celebrity and a normal guy falling in love. Well, this is my story. Once upon a time ther...
170K 5.8K 27
Noah Rollins, your typical all American good looking man and my long time best friend. He had it all the hockey career, the perfect girlfriend and...
126K 1.3K 42
Avery Lewis has just been through a nasty break up with you high school sweetheart not long ago or well who you thought was at least She finally lets...
59.5K 2.3K 68
Life is Freedom. You make your own choices, good or bad. You choose the people you surround yourself with, whether they bring out the best in you or...