to the finish line || ollie b...

By isabell4xo

angel's journey to formula 1 is almost completed, but it has been anything but easy. being the only girl in f... More

book playlist
character introductions
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 17
part 18
part 19
part 20
part 21
part 22
part 23
part 24
part 25
part 26
part 27
part 28
part 29
part 30
part 31
part 32
part 33
part 34
part 35
part 36:
part 37
part 38
part 39
part 40
part 41
part 42
part 43
part 44
part 45
part 46
part 47
part 48
part 49
part 50
part 51
part 52
part 53
part 54
part 55
part 56
part 57
part 58
part 59
part 60
part 61
part 62
part 63

part 16

226 1 5
By isabell4xo

i head back into garage, and jules walks up to me.

"do you have time today to do some filming for youtube? it's for chasing the dream, but we can do it tomorrow if your going somewhere."

"no im leaving in 20 minutes, sorry. what time should i get here tomorrow?"

"race is at 6 for us, and fp3 is 3. try get here about midday?"

"okay, great. see you tomorrow jules."

"bye angel, don't forget to sleep." jules says as you walk towards your driver room.

i lock the door and change into some more suitable clothes for running.

(outfit)

i pick up a little pack of skittles to snack on before running, so nutritious i know, and out them in my pocket.

i leave the driver room and decide to call nick whilst waiting for franco. it takes only a few seconds for him to pick up.

(italian)

"hello?" nick says.
"hey, can you talk?" i say, smiling to myself.
"for you? always, what do you need."
"just missing you."
"i miss you too, if i could i would be in jeddah right now. how are you doing after qualifying?"
"im not happy at all, i mean the car is shit show. but ill deal with it."
"if you need someone to talk to just call me."
"thank you nick, i mean so far i haven't shouted at anyone, so that's good right?"
"it's great. but you still have two days left to shout at someone, and they are the races."
"i'll get jules to keep maloney away."
"and bearman?"
"what do you have against him?" i say, laughing slightly.
"he loves you too much, and you back to him." nick says, his emotions changing again.
"nicky, i love you not him."
"hm sure, that's what it looks like."
"please, i don't love him."
"then don't talk to him. show me you love me and not him." nick says, i bite my lip.
"yes, anything to show you." i say, after hesitation .
"ill see you next?"
"im back on tuesday, but not for long. so-"
"ill come see you then."
"great, i've got to do something so i'll talk to you later."
"call me when your done?"
"of course nicky, bye."
"bye."

i end the phone and put it in my pocket before leaning my head back against the wall and groaning.

i say a mental goodbye to ollie, as franco approaches me.

(spanish)

"hey, you alright?" he asks.

"i'm fine, are you ready to go?"

"yes, you?" he asks and i nod before following him away.

whilst talking, i hand him the small bag of sweets. i lie and tell him i already had a bag.

soon enough, we reach the small group of drivers.

(english)

"hey guys." i say and they all greet us back.

"how many laps today?" paul (aron) asks.

"2?" gabriel says, and everyone else agrees.

we do some stretches before going onto the track and running. we didn't go fast, because we were
talking and catching up. i was running slightly behind with luke (browning) as we were having a very serious gossip session.

last year, luke was definitely one of my best friend in the championship, and even though he stayed in f3 and i moved up to f2, we weren't going to let the friendship go.

"so did you ask her out or not!" i say.

"yeah, i did."

"and?"

"she said yes."

"aw, little luke has his first girlfriend."

"shut up, you haven't even had a boyfriend." he jokes, blushing a little.

"yet i still told you everything you need to know... and how do you know i don't have a boyfriend?" i say, teasing him

"because your in love with someone."

"who am i in love with again?"

"zane maloney of course, what better way to flirt then push him down the stairs?"

"if we weren't running right now, i would actually hit you."

"you wouldn't.... so do you have a boyfriend?" he says.

"maybe?" i whisper.

"spill." he says, his face lighting up. he loved gossip.

"i can't, no one knows other than us."

"and me." luke adds.

"we can walk back together? i'll tell you then."

"yes, can't wait." he says.

we finally speed up a bit and join the rest of the group.

"angel, do i get my boyfriend back now?" gabriel jokes. gabriel and luke were best friends. they had the best friendship out of anyone in my opinion.

"yes, you do." i reply.

40 minutes later, we all run across the finish line. we had done two laps and we were all pretty tired now.

"should we all go get food?" paul suggests.

"yes!"
"yeah"
"sure."

"does anyone know somewhere that will be open at this time?" franco says.

"it's only half 10." dino (beganovic) says as i get my phone out to look for places.

"we could get mcdonald's, pizza and that's it." i say, and everyone agrees with pizza so i put google maps on my phone to get there.

i wasn't very good at following a map, so franco ends up taking my phone instead.

"someone is calling you, angel." franco says, handing me my phone.

it was nick.

i decline the call before telling him i was out with friends. i knew he wouldn't be happy later, but ill just have to deal with it.

"here, i'll call them later." i say, handing the phone back to franco.

it was only a few minutes later that you arrived at the pizza place. i wait outside with paul, dino, franco and pepé (marti).

to no surprise, nick calls me again clearly not happy with my text or the fact i didn't answer him. i put my phone on do not disturb and put it back in my pocket.

a few minutes later, luke and gabriel walk back out of the shop with two pizzas for us all to share. we walk until we find a little bench to sit on.

"i'm surprised it hasn't rained yet." pepé says.

"yeah, the rain was really heavy." i say.

"it's meant to rain in both races i think." luke says.

"really? f3 and f2?" gabriel says.

"and f1 too, all day." luke replies.

we all talk for racing for almost an hour before starting to get ready to go back to the hotel. i only had 1 piece of food, but didn't eat much before giving it to franco.

me and luke wait for a few minutes before staring to walk back so no one else would hear me tell him about my boyfriend.

once i finish telling him, we were still a 10 minute walk away from the hotel. we had moved on to talk about the last time we met up, and how fun it was when i someone starts walking towards us and pushes luke.

|| authors note ~ cliffhangerrrr

what does everyone think is gonna happen?

hope you enjoy 🫶🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 18.3K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
12.8K 85 7
You read the title, ya horny fucks.
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
75.8K 819 42
This story is about friends to lovers with a 17 year old named Isabelle (Belle or Isa) Leclerc and a 17 year old name Oliver (Ollie) Bearman but Isab...