part 34

"lina, your trainer was just at the door." kimi says, entering the room.

"shit, i was meant to start the plan today." i mutter.

"what did you tell her?" i ask.

"that you were sick. but what plan are you on about?" kimi asks.

"nothing kimi." i say, ashamed of the fact that im even on a plan.

"no lina, tell me." he says. i look up and see that he genuinely wanted to know, he wanted to help me.

"it's uhm to help me gain weight." i say quietly.

"there's nothing wrong with that, it's to help your performance right?" he says.

"i don't want to be on the stupid plan." i mutter, leaning back against the headboard.

"i know it's not the best, but it's going to help you as a driver." ollie says.

"i drive perfectly fine." i say, before quickly apologising.

"don't worry about it." ollie says, giving me a smile.

"can you show me the plan? so i can help you." kimi says.

"i'll send it too you later." i lie, no way im letting kimi see it. or i might actually have to follow it.

"thanks, can i look at your ankle? you might need something on it."

"uhm yeah, i think it's only sprained."

"looks like it. i'll go get a support for it." kimi says, leaving the room.

"are you alright?" ollie asks.

"uhm yeah." i say, my voice trembling. it wasn't a full lie, i was alright. it was florence who might not be.

i've known her for years, and probably know her the best out of everyone. i know she's gonna think this is all her fault, but it isn't. it's all mine.

she's never had good mental health, having a difficult childhood as well as being bullied. i hate to think about how im just making it worse for her.

i've tried messaging her, but i doubt she's going to answer because it hasn't even sent. she's blocked me.

"are you sure? you can tell me you know. i won't tell kimi."

"but your his friend."

"i'm yours too." ollie replies, laughing a little.

"okay... well florence left and- and she's ignoring me. well blocked me. but i'm really worried for her because she's not in the best place right now." i say quickly.

"it's not your fault." ollie says, but i shake my head.

"it is... i said some stuff i shouldn't have said. it's all my fault." i say, hanging my head down.

"come here." ollie says, pulling me into a hug. he places his arms around me, and i felt something. it wasn't like when i was around nick, or kimi.

it was better? it felt like i was meant to be there. like i was meant to be in ollie's arms

"thank you ollie, for being here." i say, giving him a smile, my dimples showing.

"i'm always here for you angel, whenever you need me." he says, smiling back at me.

"okay, i have the ankle support." kimi says walking into the room. i could have sworn i saw a slight smile on his face when he looked in.

"i can do it." i say, giving him a smile.

"no lina. just no, im doing it." he says, sitting in front of me and beginning to prep my ankle.

"are you not doing anything today?" i ask kimi and ollie.

"we were gonna go for food, but not anymore." kimi says.

"what?! no, you two should still go." i say.

"no, you need us to help you." ollie says.

"i can look after myself you know." i reply.

"yeah, but i look after you better." kimi says.

"no way." i say, shaking my head.

"yes way." kimi says, sass in his voice.

"did you hear that sass ollie?" i ask playfully.

"it's unacceptable." he replies, joking.

"but seriously, you two should still spend time together before you go back home ollie." i say

"why don't we just order food and watch a movie? all three of us i mean." ollie suggests

"yeah, sounds good. lina?"

"sure." i say.

"do you guys wanna go outside? it's really hot outside." kimi says, and me and ollie both agree.

"you two go down, i'll be out in a few minutes." i say.

"alright." kimi replies, before saying goodbye as he and ollie leave the room.

i get up and walk over to my keyboard, turning it on. the actual piano was downstairs, but i couldn't be bothered to go all that way.

i begin to play, and sing along to another love.

"and i wanna kiss you, make you feel alright.
i'm just so tired to share my nights
i wanna cry, and i wanna love
but all my tears have been used up, up

on another love, another love
all my tears have been used up
on another love, another love
all my tears have been used up
on another love, another love
all my tears have been used up,up

and if somebody hurts you, i wanna fight
but my hands been broken one too many times
so ill use my voice, ill be so fucking rude
words, they always win, but i know ill lose

and i'd sing a song, that would be just ours
but i sang 'em all to another heart
and i wanna cry, i wanna learn to love
but all my tears have been used up...

i stop playing and turn around, feeling eyes on the back of my head. ollie

"sorry." i mutter, turning off the keyboard.

"why are you sorry?" ollie asks, smiling at me.

"you had to listen, you should have just said something."

"i wanted to listen, you have an amazing voice." he says.

"thanks." i reply, smiling at him, dimples showing.

"you should sing more."

"no, no."

"so who has heard you sing then."

"you, kimi, florence... nick." i say.

"i'm honoured. and by the way, we're going in the pool."

"okay, i might go in too."

"i'll see you outside then?"

"yeah, see you in a few minutes." i say, before ollie leaves.

i find a plain black bikini and change into it, putting on a white linen button up over it to hide the unmistakable bruise on my stomach.

i look in the mirror, i hate the way i look. but otherwise kimi will suspect me, and i can't do that. at least i have my cover-up

i touch up my hair and do a little makeup before heading outside to the back garden.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🫶🏼