part 38

the next night...

i had landed in nice about 4 hours ago now, and got to the hotel 3 hours ago.  due to our previous disagreement, kimi had been given a room on the other side of the hotel. but, this was the last race we wouldn't be sharing a room for.

ollie landed in nice 1 hour ago, and is on the way to the hotel. in fact, he should nearly be here.

incoming call from " ollie 🧸"

(ollie's replies in normal)

"hey."
"come open your door."
"i'm coming."

i open my hotel door, and to no surprise ollie was stood there.

"where's your room?" i ask after greeting him.

"next door, where's kimi?" he replies.

"other side of the hotel." i tell him.

"that's unlucky for him."

"yeah, but he's probably gonna spend more time in my or your room then his own."

"anyway, can you be ready in 30 minutes?"

"depends on where we are going?"

"on a walk."

"then yes, but why are we going on a walk? the sun sets in like an hour."

"that's exactly why we are going!"

"ohh okay, well i'll see you in half an hour?"

"great, see you later." ollie says whilst smiling at me before i shut the door.

i couldn't help but smile to myself, ollie has one of those smiles that you just couldn't not smile at. not to mention how handsome he is, but i really shouldn't be thinking like this.

but what am i going to wear?

after spending at least 5 minutes trying to find some clothes to wear, whilst also chucking all my clothes on the floor, i decide on a simple work out set.

(outfit below)

i realise all the mess i had made, but quite frankly i couldn't be bothered putting it all away

i realise all the mess i had made, but quite frankly i couldn't be bothered putting it all away. so i just sit down and do some simple make-up whilst distracting myself from the mess and listening to music.

i tie my hair in a slick back ponytail, and finish my look with some gold jewelry and a jacket.

i turn to look in the mirror at myself, and all the thoughts come back. i'm so ugly. i was lost in my negative thoughts when a knock at the door shocks me back to reality.

i slowly go to open it, and see ollie smiling stood on the other side.

"hey." i say, trying not to show the sadness i was feeling.

"are you okay?" ollie asks, stepping into my room whilst looking at me worried.

"yeah i guess." i say, mumbling the last two words.

ollie walks into my room of the hotel before looking back at me. great, he thinks i'm really dirty and messy.

"do you want help cleaning this up?" he asks, and i nod.

"i'm sorry, i'm not normally this messy." i say, embarrassed whilst starting to tidy up.

"don't worry about it, im worse at keeping hotels tidy." he says, laughing a little.

"so how are you feeling about the race weekend?" i ask.

"i love monaco, i mean it's such an iconic track. and i would love to win, or even get on the podium."

"im sure you will win ollie, i mean your an amazing driver." i say.

"thank you, but you could win just as easy as i can."

"no, you have more experience."

"but your amazing angel, don't put yourself down."

"okay, thank you."

"no problem."

after 5 more minutes of tidying, my room was a bit more tidy. but we had to go or else we would miss the sunset.

"so where are we going?" i ask, as we start walking up a big hill. i had only been to monaco once, and my mom didn't let me do anything so i have no idea about the place.

"it's an amazing viewing spot, i promise." ollie says, looking back at me. because he was taller, one of his steps equaled about 1 and a half of mine. so naturally i was behind.

he holds out his hand for me to take, which i gladly take. he helps me keep up with his pace, but personally i think he slowed down.

"how far is it now?" i ask, 20 minutes later.

"only about 5 minutes now." he replies.

"okay, thank god." i say.

just over five minutes later, we reach the top of the hill. but i couldn't see much, just a lot of trees behind us.

"turn around stupid." ollie jokes, and i turn around. my jaw drops, the view was gorgeous!

the sunset made the city of monte carlo look like it was out of a book. ollie looks like he's out of a book.

"this is... gorgeous." i say, smiling back at ollie.

"i know, i come every year." he says, standing beside me.

"well, thank you for bringing me."

"anytime." he says, smiling. his smile is so angelic.

"look, there's the palace!" i say, pointing it out. i've always loved the palace here, i'm not sure why.

"gorgeous." ollie says. what i don't know is that ollie wasn't even looking at the view, he was looking at me.

"one day, i want to win at monaco and go to the palace."

"winning at monaco would be a dream."

"it would be." i say.

Ollie's pov:

why is it so hard to stop myself from kissing her? i've never felt this way to anyone before.

but i have to wait. i have to help her heal after nick (fucking bitch might i just say) and then finally i will tell her. and hopefully she will say it back.

the longer i wait, the more perfect the moment will be. and it has to be perfect.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🫶🏼