Forever Alone (Wakfu)

By MooseyGirl16

'One event could cause a whole new story... No one said I couldn't get rid of you in the past so I won't have... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Prologue

159 4 5
By MooseyGirl16

Qilby's and Yugo's swords clashed once again. Having fought for what felt like an eternity by then, both Eliatropes just wished the fight would end, but, of course, both felt as if their justice was more important than mere fatigue.

"Come on, Yugo, this is useless. We shouldn't have to shed blood over this. Just let me rule and this can end!" Qilby shouted as the two continued to put up resistance to each other and their ideas. He was fed up with it, though.

"It isn't useless, Traitor," Yugo responded, his voice filled with seething rage, "The World of Twelve will never be destroyed as long as I live!" Qilby silently rolled his eyes.

"There are better planets for our people than this dumb planet that you happened to grow up on, Yugo." With no response, Yugo kept swinging his sword with all of his effort.

They were currently in the plane of the White Dimension where the World of Twelve didn't concern them. Qilby hadn't cared if the whole world was destroyed if he ended up giving Yugo the taste of revenge that Qilby felt he very much deserved, but having the New Sufokians making a ruckus in the background was irritating. Plus, in the White Dimension, he could do whatever he wanted to.

Despite how many times Qilby tried to convince Yugo that his intentions for the Eliatrope people were better than Yugo's, he wasn't listening. Yugo was young, after all, and grew up with this mindset.

He grew up with this mindset... An idea came to Qilby suddenly, even if it meant that the two would end up with a stalemate. He laughed in his insanity filled voice, knowing that it shook even a little more fear into his younger brother.

"One event could cause a whole new story, you know? Yugo, have you ever heard of the butterfly effect?"

"I don't think that matters right now," Yugo sighed his response.

"No one said I couldn't get rid of you in the past, so I won't have to do it now. Yugo, what if I never saw your cursed face ever again?" Qilby stood still for a moment to let the insult settle in with the younger Eliatrope, who ignored him.

"Can you stop talking nonsense for once? It's rather-" he stopped as he pulled his sword down he heavy effort. He had to take another breath before he finished annoyed, "distracting."

Qilby laughed. Now he had Yugo annoyed, giving him the high ground to distract him and execute his plan. He had stopped attacking Yugo, who took the moment for as long as he could to attempt to catch his breath.

"How about instead of an eternity alone, your 'forever alone' would be a childhood of wandering and pleading for your life?"

"The only one... pleading for his life... should be you... Qilby!" Yugo shouted between his gasps for air. They stood still, now, in the White Dimension, the heavy breathing of the younger Eliatrope filling the silence. Seeing as he was ignored, Qilby repeated his question for Yugo.

"How about instead of an eternity alone, your 'forever alone' would be a childhood of wandering and pleading for your life?" he asked again, adding a poisonous tone to the words. Yugo thought for a moment.

"Qilby, what- what does that mean?"

"Haha... we'll find out, you Bouftou," he smirked as he finished. He took the Eliacube and thought for a moment. He knew, as he was told, that a Xelor had attempted to turn back time and somewhat succeeded a few years before Qilby had returned to the World of Twelve. He just needed to give the cube enough of his wakfu and it would comply to his every command. His grin widened.

Yugo watched in horror was Qilby activated the Eliacube in a different way than he had before. It disconnected from Qilby and added light to the already blinding space they occupied; it spread out like dragon wings. In a different conversation Yugo would have even considered it an incredible sight, but his mind was clouded completely with fear, anger, sadness, and dread all at once.

Yugo then felt a horrifyingly familiar feeling. He was being dragged back in time once again, but faster. Painfully aware of the wakfu that was leaving his body suddenly to fuel the Eliacube in its action, he eventually fell unconscious.

Qilby, though, endured the drainage, as he was older. It was certainly a strange sight to see Yugo rapidly de-aging right in front of his eyes, but it confirmed his plan.

He stopped pulling time backwards approximately 16 years in the past. Yugo disappeared from in front of the old Eliatrope. Now he just had to find him, and that would certainly be an easy task.

He found himself in the small town of Emelka and he sensed Grougaloragran nearby. If Grougaloragran was here, and in a well state, surely, he had his target. He pinpointed his location and then made his way to the dragon without being seen.

Qilby now sat on a roof right above an alley he saw Grougalorgran in. Without any sense of hesitation, he simply took the Eliatrope child right form Grougal's basket and laughed like a maniac. He heard his laughs still echoing in that alley as he portaled away. 

Then, as he was dashing right outside the city, he remembered that Grougaloragran wasn't going to let this happen. Especially this reincarnation of the dragon, though others too, had quite a feud with Qilby because he probably faintly remembered the Mechasm fight from years ago. Even if the memory wasn't clear to the dragon, it was hard to forget a face that you knew both from your siblingship and the fact that he thought you betrayed an entire race.

He heard the familiar flapping of wings behind him and assumed the dragon had turned from his human form to his more impressive one. The poor people of the city they were quickly leaving in their trail of dust were probably far more than impressed, though. Dragons hadn't been a presence of this planet, after all.

Qilby used the Eliacube to speed up faster than he knew Grougaloragran would be able to catch up and escaped the dragon's trail. He kept his incredibly fast speed until he reached the land of Brakmar. In this crowd of people, his wakfu could never be traced. He slowed until he was above the city and came down to the ground to finish his plan. He then realized that he had his old cloak back, so he didn't receive the strange looks he expected. He also had the signature Eliatrope hat back and seeing irregular people in Brakmar was one of the regular parts of the city itself. He made sure he gave no one strange looks.

Eventually coming to what appeared to be a neighborhood, he looked for someone he could finally give Yugo to so that he would be done with him. He saw a youngish rich female Feca who looked particularly bored on this day. She sat quietly on the rim of a dirty-watered fountain watching a couple fight in the street. She looked like a nice person, but Qilby was fully aware that every Brakmarian had some extreme fault that made them come to hide in the city. It was the City of Sin, after all.

He was going to go up to the lady and gave her his best story because it didn't matter what he said anyway. He decided to even act in a weak way, though it made him uncomfortable to purposely be in a place of no power. Despite this, it was the only way to make this Feca feel guilty, and he had to take advantage of the mortal's weakness. Still hiding in an ally, he took a stone from the ground and ripped parts of his clothes to look less fortunate, another thing he could and would use to his advantage.

He stumbled out of the ally rather loudly, catching the Feca's attention. She looked at him curiously before Qilby came running with a slight limp toward her. Yugo stirred and woke up in the Eliatrope's arms, completely unaware of what was going on. He tried to get Qilby's attention, which Qilby lightly responded to, to look like he was the one who really was the father of this child. Funny that Yugo was helping him cause his own demise...

He reached the girl who looked over him concerned at his appearance.

"Sir, do you ne-"

"Ma'am! Ma'am, please, I beg you," he interrupted her, causing a fake rasp in his voice and coughing to only emphasize the weakness. Her eyes widened as she noticed Yugo, who also made noise in a concerning tone which brought more attention to Qilby.

Qilby kneeled to get on her eye level, coughing again, and let her see Yugo. He cleared his throat before saying, "I can't take care of Yugo, would you please-" he interrupted himself with aggressive coughs. He made sure he made more eye contact with Yugo than he did with the Feca. She stuttered a bit before she gave a response.

"I can take him, I think," her high voice trailed as her attention fell completely on the little Eliatrope. He happened to be the cute one, anyway. Qilby glanced up and a saw a soft smile form on her face as he took Yugo from Qilby's arms and held him in her own.

Qilby stood back up, "Thank you... You really don't know how much this means, ma'am. My wife died as she gave birth to my little Yugo, and she was the one with a job. I have no way to support him." He paused and even forced himself to have a fake tear stream down his face. "He will live a much better life with a fortunate person like you, I'm sure."

The girl glanced back over Qilby's outfit and then her own. She was fairly well dressed and kept herself looking very nice. She nodded in agreement with him. "He will."

Qilby thanked her and made sure he said one thing before he left her alone forever: "His name is Yugo." He saw the soft smile the Feca made as she looked at Yugo only thinking, 'Heh, that affection surely won't last.'

If Qilby were any saner, he would have felt bad for walking away into that ally. He swiftly teleported back away from Brakmar never to be seen again. He went into the forest to enjoy the peace of white noise rather than the deafening silence of his years in the white prison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Feca girl walked into her parents' house. It was small and certainly not the best living conditions, but anything inside was better than the place this child had come from. She would never forget the face of the man she saw.

He was, to say the least, unusual. He wore a large white hat that looked vaguely like that one Yugo was in and was a mess. He looked exhausted and ready to give up which, she guessed, he was. Now, though, she was the guardian of this boy, not that wreck.

She thought deeply about what race this boy was, though she came to no conclusion. He looked most like an Enutrof, but the appendages on his hat showed that whatever he was, he wasn't a traditional Twelvian race. She just hoped that when this boy grew up, he wouldn't ask questions.

She sighed as she heard her parents finishing another argument downstairs. If she was lucky, they would ignore her like they usually did, but having a child in the house wouldn't be a secret forever.

That time did come sooner than she thought, though, and Yugo's presence was addressed as soon as her mom made eye contact with her.

"Xaiolei, why in the World of Twelve do you have a child in my house?" she asked. Xaiolei rolled her eyes.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," she responded as she maneuvered her way behind her mom to go to her room.

"Xaiolei..." she said scoldingly, "You don't plan on raising a child on your own, do you?"

"Yes, I do, why?" Xaiolei asked sarcastically, continuing her way down the staircase.

"Xaiolei, look at me," she said again, this time making her daughter stop, "If you don't tell your father, I'm in, but you're going to tell me about this child."

"Yugo," Xaiolei quietly corrected.

"Yugo," her mother repeated, "Okay?"

Xaiolei smiled. "Got it."

Okay, so that was not meant to be that long, but I suddenly got invested in the lore, so.... I guess I might write more into this than I thought. I've never even done 2044 words before, so tell me if the progression was weird.

Have a good day/night!

-M16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 772 15
Fluffynight- 1# Future me here, it's been about a year since I finished this and I just wanted to say that I'm really happy that it's still really su...
56.6K 2.2K 27
Finally Giving up on his quest to rid the multiverse of it's Aus, Error decides to just stick to the anti-void and ignore the problems of everyone el...
57.4K 749 21
"Destiny always gives you a chance to make your life a better, but it never speaks about its intentions..." ???: "My fate may be set in stone, but I...
148 0 15
You know how they say that a mirror is like looking at another dimension or another plane that's parallel to ours? Well...what if you could actually...