We Go Together Or We Don't Go...

By ThatsNotaWriteOFF

Alex can be best described as "Boring or Normal" He has what is seen as a boring job, a boring and normal hou... More

A Day in the Life
Unexpected Meeting
I Never Do This
But I Am Boring?
Coffee Flavored Kisses
Who is This?
A Second First Impression
Babysitter Emergency
I Love You
I Love You Too Everly
Game Night
Rift in the shadows
Reconciliation
I Fell In Love With The Boy at The Rock Show
Moving In
Everly's Birthday Bash
I Want To Marry You
First Day of Kindergarten
A Cozy Christmas
What If We Just Elope?
Zack's 30th Birthday
Officially Yours
Thank you-Authors Note
A New Addition (Epilogue)

Do You Love My Daddy?

14 2 4
By ThatsNotaWriteOFF

Everly was sitting underneath Alex's desk. She liked to hide under there. And tickle Alex's feet pretending she was a little monster.

"I get you."she giggled

Alex fake yelped. "Oh no. Not the monster!"

Everly started to tickle his leg over his pants and they both giggled as they played the game quietly.

All of the ladies in the office have been stopping by to say hi to Everly. The toddler was enjoying all the attention. She had gotten candy from Felicity several times.

After their little game. Alex sat the three year old on an empty spot in his desk. His desk was an L shape and one side of it was chronically empty because Alex hated his space being messy.

Dina walked up and Everly smiled and made grabby hands.

"Miss Dina! Hi!" She said with a smile. She knew her as Uncle Ri's friend that worked with Daddy.

"Hey Evie. Want to come hang out with me for a bit. Give your daddy some quiet until your babysitter gets here?" Dina said as she picked Everly up.

Alex waived goodbye while he worked. And mouthed Thank You to Dina.

She winked back.

Everly rambled as Dina started to carry her off. "Yes! Daddy's special friend Zack is watching me today. Is he nice?" She asked Dina as they started to walk away. Alex tuned into hear the response.

Dina laughed lightly. "Of course he is nice! Him and Uncle Ri hang out at the gym all the time and he likes your daddy, so anyone who likes your daddy must be great!"

Alex saw Everly nodded furiously out of the corner of his eye. "Yes because Daddy is the best."

Alex about melted at how sweet and kind his girl was.

As Alex returned to his work, the elevator opened. Alex smiled to greet the patron. "Hello, Welcome to.."

Alex paused as he saw it was Zack. He was wearing a muscle tank and shorts, with a pair of vans. His typical "lazy day" attire.

Alex loved Zack's "lazy day" attire. It meant he could shamelessly look at every muscle or tattoo that covered his boyfriend's body.

"Hi babe." Alex said with a lip bite and then a smile. Kissing Zack quickly as he approached Alex's desk.

"Hey handsome." Zack said with a lip bite as he looked Alex up and down in his Khakis and dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

"Have I ever told you how handsome you look in your business attire. Those khakis give me a great view of your butt." Zack said quietly.

Alex blushed. "Zachary!" He said in a hushed tone. playfully hitting Zack's chest.

Zack winced. "Full first name! I better be careful."

Alex winked. "You better."

Alex continued. "Let me introduce you to Evie! My adorable, yet troublesome three-year-old. She's currently with Dina. She just came and stole her from my desk."

Zack smiled as Alex took him by the hand and led him further into his office building. Normally when Zack meets Alex at his work whether they're going on a date or any other reason... He never makes it past the lobby because Alex is always expecting him.

As they walked past some people, Zack heard some whispers of "oh my god. who is that?" Or He heard someone whisper: "Alex, Got himself a cute one!" He did hear one of the ladies in the office say "What a hunk that guy is."

Zack laughed as he heard them all... Alex looked behind him to see Zack chuckling over the remarks being made about him.

"I think someone just called me a hunk. I feel like that term has not been used since 1985. I'm pretty sure that is something your mom would say."

Alex Winked at Zack as they walked. "I mean the term may be outdated... But they aren't wrong!"1

Zack is blushing at the fact that Alex is complementing him, and that so many others were as well. Alex stopped in front of an office that appeared to have several desks in it. Zack Gathered this is where all the legal assistants were, in one common space. So they could all work together.

Alex chuckled at the scene as they walked in seeing that all of the legal assistants were all fussing over Everly

Dina was currently braiding her long hair, and Allison was getting her some fruit snacks from her snack drawer in her desk.

"This is why she comes home with an attitude every time she's here. You all treat her like a princess." Alex said as he walked in and stood near Dina.

Everly gasped dramatically. "I am a princess daddy!"

Zach and Alex both laughed over the three-year-olds comment... Everly looked over her dad's shoulder and saw Zack standing there. She put on a smile

"You must be mine and daddy's new special friend Zack.I remember you from the grocery store that one time." Everly said innocently.

Zack blushed that she remembered the grocery store incident that almost ruined him and Alex.

But he smiled anyway at her as he approached her and stuck a hand out for her to shake. Everly shook it with a smile.

"Yes! It's super nice to meet you Everly. Your dad talks about you all the time when I see him." Zack said with a smile.

Everly smiled.

"Daddy smiles about you when he talks about you, especially today when he was telling me about you and how you're watching me. I only have one rule, and it's that I can give you more tattoos."

Zack laughed and his eyes lit up. "If you can find room on my arms or my legs, you can certainly draw more tattoos."

He lowered his tone, whispering as if he was about to tell her a secret. "Maybe we should get Ice Cream on the way to your house. Since you have been stuck in this boring office all morning."

Everly smiled and her face lit up as she started talking about all the ice cream flavors they could get. Zack was excitedly listening and chiming in.

All the legal assistants and Alex were practically sitting or standing there with hearts in their eyes as they watch Zack interact with Everly.

Dina leaned over to Alex and whispered "Those two are going to be best friends. Rian is going to be jealous."

Alex chuckled. "Maybe... but he is such a natural. I am about to burst into flames over how cute and attractive I find him right now."

"Seeing him interact so well with your daughter must be the most attractive thing in the world." Dina whispered.

Alex couldn't look away. He was staring at Zack and Everly as Zack. Helped her down from the desk she was sitting on. His heart was full and he didn't want to miss a moment of watching them together.

"We should get going so your Dad can get back to work." Zack said

Everly nodded and took one of Alex's hands. Alex picked her up and decided to carry her. And he took Zack's hand with his free arm.

Dina didn't say anything but she snapped a picture of the trio. She considered it their first family portrait.

As they approached the lobby Zack pulled out his keys to his jeep and handed them to Alex.

Alex took them, confusion on his face. Zack's jeep was his pride and joy. He was the only one who ever drove it. "I'm confused."

Zack shook his head and laughed a little at Alex's confusion. "I need her car seat, and switching cars is easier then switching it."

Alex blushed. Embarrassed he didn't think of that. He was planning on switching Everly's seat.

Alex let go of Zack's hand and walked over to his desk with Everly in his arms still. He grabbed the keys to his car and handed them to Zack.

He put Everly down. "Go get your stuff honey."

Alex and Zack waited and Alex sent them off.. with a hug and a kiss to Everly and a romantic and passionate kiss to Zack as they left.

Alex sighed wistfully after the elevator closed. He is head over heels in love.

—————————————————————

"Do you love my Daddy?" Everly asked innocently as she and Zack were at a local dinner.

Zack nearly choked on his milkshake.

They stopped at a place that served really good milkshakes. Zack and her were hungry. Zack wanting to please her, was helpless as she begged for pancakes when they drove by.

They were sitting at a table, Everly in a booster seat within the booth they were at.

"Ummmm. I think I could someday, but I am certainly falling for him. If you understand what that means." Zack said with a sweet smile.

Everly giggled . "You aren't falling Zack you are sitting down!"

Zach chuckled at how simple her mind was. He also wasn't sure why he thought a three-year-old would understand a concept like falling in love. From what he observed, Everly is really smart. Zack loves that Alex is such a good dad. Zack loves kids and he loves a family man, but he's never really dated one long-term before... But he was insanely attracted to Alex, and seeing him as a  parent somehow made him even more attractive. Zack didn't know if it was  a deep paternal desire inside of him or something... but He loves that he teaches her everything.

"Not that kind of falling Everly. I mean it in a way like..." Zack paused. He tried to think of a way to explain it best.

"It means that I don't love your daddy yet, but, I'm growing to love him. Like you know how a flower needs water to grow?"  Zack asked her.

Everly nodded as she bit a bite of her stack of pancakes that Zack cut up for her.

"It's like that... Your daddy and I are spending time together and the more time we spend together the more my flowers grow." Zack said simply.

She nodded slowly, trying to grasp the concept. "So if your love  is like a flower... You have to water it and make it grow so you will love my daddy."

Zach smiled at her as he ate a French fry. "It's just watering our flowers right now so they grow. And someday the flowers are gonna be big and strong and when they are that's how you know I'm in love with your daddy."

She giggled. "Are you going to tell him when your flowers are ready?"

As he ate a french fry he nodded. "Yes I will. You are so smart Everly." He tousled her hair a little.

—————————————————————————-

Alex parked Zack's massive jeep next to his little Toyota Corolla in the parking lot of his apartment building.

He made his way to the elevator and to his apartment. He opened the door and he heard  Moana playing on the TV and he heard Zack and Everly singing along.

"You two are chaos!" He heard Rian say.

Well Rian is here too. Lots of people In Alex's small 2 bedroom New York Apartment.

Alex smiled as he walked into the common area from the doorway. His living room space had been turned into a blanket fort. And Rian was in the (small)kitchen area putting a few  take-n- bale pizza's in the oven.

Him and Rian made eye contact but Alex put his finger to his lips  so Rian didn't announce his presence. Rian smirked and watched Alex as he crept up quietly.

"Zacky. Are we friends now?" Everly asked softly.

Alex paused his movements. Wanting to listen. He heard the blankets rustling bit showing that Zack was shifting in the little fort. Probably to hug her or look at her.

"Well of course we are Everly. Me being special friends with your dad means that you and I need to be friends too."' Zack said softly.

"Well you and Daddy are more than special friends right? Like you are like Miss Dina and Uncle Ri. Like you like..." Everly was trying to  explain. But words were failing her.

Alex saw Rian smile as they talked.

Rian could see that the two of them were forming a special bond. And he was so glad to see it. So glad to see the grin on Alex's face as he listened.

Zack laughed. "Yes. I am your daddy's boyfriend."

"So like your flower has to grow for daddy... will you grow one for me too?" Everly asked, her voice quivering a bit.

Alex heart clenched as his little tender hearted girl was worried Zack didn't like her.

"Oh Evie. Of course ain't am growing a flower for you. Spending today with you has been so fun. I can't wait to spend more time with you!" Zack said softly as he comforted her.

Alex looked at Rian with a raised brow. And mouthed "flower?"

Rian smiled and made a heart with his hands. Showing that flower growth is how Zack attempted to explain love. Alex decided he should announce his presence.

"What is this fort in my living room?" He asked with a playful tone.

Everly poked her head out. "DADDY! ZACK MADE US A BLANKET FORT AMD ME AND HIM AND UNCLE RI WERE WATCHING MOANA. AND NOW UNCLE RI IS MAKING US PIZZA."

Alex's eardrums were ringing with her yelling. "Evie honey. No need to yell." Alex warned.

"Uh oh he used his dad voice we better listen." Zack teased as he crawled out of the fort.

"I want to hug daddy first." Everly challenged.

Zack gasped. " No me! I'll race you."'

Alex went wide eyed and braced for impact as Everly and Zack both started racing towards him. 

"Don't make me fall over!" He yelled playfully

Everly won and wrapped her arms around Alex's leg. And Zack went and hugged Alex from behind kissing his neck sweetly. Alex felt so loved in that moment.

"I feel left out I am coming in." Rian said as he wrapped his arms around Alex and Zack from the front

Alex was surrounded by a group hug from all the people who mattered in his life. And you couldn't wipe the smile off  his face if you tried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172 10 26
Alex is the Star quarterback, and all around popular guy. He finds himself on an unexpected journey when tasked with showing newcomer Zack around on...
38.1K 2.1K 49
Enigma:someone who is mysterious and impossible to understand It starts with hate and leads to something more....after all the line inbetween is thin...
3.8K 533 26
Miles Hoàng's life is perfect. He has the perfect best-friend-slash-boyfriend-slash-bane-of-his-existence, Ziri Meziani. They live in a perfect (if a...
55.6K 3.2K 24
Profligacy ~Reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources. ~Licentious or dissolute behaviour. Growing up as the heir to one of th...