One Fine Summer

By diaryofinfjkid

one fine summer morning when all things started. More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen

chapter twelve

112 8 7
By diaryofinfjkid

Tae-pyung decided it was time for Eon-jin to meet his dad, a big step in their relationship. With his saved allowance, they set off for Seoul, excitement tinged with nerves filling the air.

"Why are you quiet? Feeling nervous?" Tae-pyung asked, noticing Eon-jin's apprehension.

Eon-jin fretted aloud, "Do you think what I'm wearing is okay? Is it okay that we don't have a gift for your dad? What if he doesn't like me for you?"

Tae-pyung chuckled, finding Eon-jin's worries endearing. "You're still laughing at me. Hmp!" Eon-jin replied and slightly backed away from Tae-pyung something that Tae-pyung didn't let because he immediately pulled her close to him.

"I'm sure my dad will like you. You've been watching a lot of kdramas, do you think my dad is like those dads in the shows?" Tae-pyung joked, trying to lighten the mood. Eon-jin rested her head on Tae-pyung's shoulder, finding comfort in his presence.

"I just love you so much that I can't help but feel nervous." Eon-jin confessed softly, her voice betraying a hint of vulnerability.

"And I love you too much to let anyone come between us. No matter what happens, we'll face it together." Tae-pyung reassured her, his words filled with unwavering determination.

After a three-hour journey, they finally arrived in Seoul. Before heading to Tae-pyung's dad's apartment, they decided to stop by Myeongdong Street Market to pick up some food for themselves and Tae-pyung's dad.

As they strolled through the bustling market, Eon-jin's eyes caught sight of a booth selling couple items, sparking a twinge of curiosity within her.

"Want to get something?" Tae-pyung's curiosity was piqued as he eyed the display of items.

Eon-jin's gaze lingered on a couple ring, but she hesitated, mindful of their tight budget. "Maybe next time when we have more money." she suggested, torn between desire and practicality.

Back on the bus, they headed to Tae-pyung's dad's apartment. His dad's surprise at seeing him and he immediately pulled him into a tight hug.

"What brings you here, son? Everything okay? Does your mom know you're here?" His dad's questions came in a flurry before he noticed Eon-jin standing beside Tae-pyung, sparking his curiosity.

He quickly invited Tae-pyung and Eon-jin inside and offered them drinks.

"Um, Dad, this is Eon-jin. She's my girlfriend." Tae-pyung said slowly, holding Eon-jin's hand. Eon-jin, feeling shy, also held Tae-pyung's hand to ease her nerves.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Son Eon-jin imnida." Eon-jin greeted respectfully with a bow.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kim Dong-hoon," Tae-pyung's dad replied warmly, then asked, "How long have you two been together?"

"We've only been dating for a three months already, Appa." Tae-pyung replied.

Kim Dong-hoon furrowed his brows with concern, asking, "Is everything okay between you two? And does your mom know about you dating?"

"Mom doesn't know yet, we're planning to tell her soon. I just wanted you to be the first to know. You're not upset with us, are you?" Tae-pyung asked nervously.

Dong-hoon smiled warmly at his son and replied, "Who am I to stand in the way of your happiness? If you both make each other happy, then I'll be happy for you too." Tae-pyung and Eon-jin exchanged grateful glances, touched by Dong-hoon's understanding.

"You're both still young, with many challenges ahead as your relationship grows. But as long as trust and love remain at the core, nothing can break you apart. Remember to focus on your studies and be mindful of your responsibilities. I'm not ready to become a grandparent just yet." Dong-hoon added playfully. Tae-pyung and Eon-jin blushed in unison, bringing a smile to Dong-hoon's face.

After their heartfelt conversation, the trio indulged in the delicious food brought by Tae-pyung and Eon-jin. Dong-hoon couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment seeing his son happy— a feeling they once denied Tae-pyung when he was young.

As they lost track of time, evening descended, accompanied by the gentle patter of rain. The once light rain gradually intensified, prompting Dong-hoon to consider transporting the two home. However, authorities cautioned against it, citing slippery roads and the potential for flooding on the main route. Reluctantly, he decided it would be safer for them to stay the night.

Eon-jin quickly informed her mother of their temporary stay, assuring her they would return home in the morning. Meanwhile, Tae-pyung left a message for his own mother, explaining his overnight stay before powering off his phone for the night.

Tae-pyung: I can't be home tonight. Don't wait for me.

"Here, just wear this for now. Sorry, I don't have many clothes here at Dad's place, but this should fit." Tae-pyung said, offering Eon-jin a white t-shirt and some shorts.

"It's okay, I'll only need it for tonight." Eon-jin reassured him.

"You can stay in my room for now. Dad and I will share his room." Tae-pyung suggested as he opened the door to his room. Eon-jin entered and took a quick look around. She noticed a small table with picture frames displayed on it.

"Wow, Tae-pyung, you look so cute in this picture," Eon-jin exclaimed, pointing to a photo of baby Tae-pyung holding a lollipop. "Can I ask for this picture? If that's okay?" she added, her curiosity piqued. Tae-pyung couldn't say no to Eon-jin, so he agreed to her request without hesitation.

"You know, Tae-pyung, I'm really happy that your Dad accepted us. All the nervousness I felt earlier just melted away. He's so kind." Eon-jin expressed, her relief evident in her voice.

"I've always told you, my Dad is a kind person." Tae-pyung affirmed proudly.

"I really hope your Mom accepts us too. It would mean the world to me if she does." Eon-jin added, her eyes reflecting her sincere desire for acceptance from Tae-pyung's mother.

"Did you tell her you're staying here with your Dad? She might come looking for you." Eon-jin reminded Tae-pyung.

"Yeah, I messaged her, but she hasn't replied yet. She'll see it later." Tae-pyung reassured her. Silence filled the room until Tae-pyung gently took Eon-jin's hand, drawing their faces closer together.

"Tae-pyung, your Dad is just outside." Eon-jin whispered.

"Just one kiss, please..." Tae-pyung pleaded with a pout. Eon-jin hesitated, glancing towards the door, but couldn't resist her boyfriend's puppy-dog eyes. She quickly kissed Tae-pyung before pulling away.

"I barely felt that, one more." Tae-pyung joked, prompting Eon-jin to playfully cover his mouth while giggling. "Okay, let's sleep now. Good night, Tae-pyung!" she said, ending the playful moment before they settled in for the night.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

The next day, Tae-pyung and Eon-jin woke up early to prepare for their journey back to Seoul. But just as they were about to leave, an unexpected visitor arrived, Tae-pyung's mother.

"Min-hee ssi, what are you doing here?" Dong-hoon asked, surprised by her sudden appearance. Without hesitation, Min-hee rushed towards her son and delivered a sharp slap.

"What kind of son are you?! Do you want me to worry myself sick searching for you? And here you are, just staying with your father! And with that girl too!" Min-hee's anger erupted, her words filled with frustration. Dong-hoon and Ji-hwan intervened, preventing her from striking her son again.

"We.. we didn't plan to stay the night. It was the heavy rain last night," Eon-jin explained, her voice quivering with emotion.

"Am I talking to you?! You, who's brought nothing but trouble into my son's life! Do you realize the mess you've caused for us? My own son defying me because of you!" Min-hee's accusations stung, bringing tears to Eon-jin's eyes.

"Enough, Mom! It was my decision to come here and tell Dad that Eon-jin and I were dating. Don't blame her for everything that happens between our family. You're the problem, Mom!" Tae-pyung defended, his frustration evident.

"Tae-pyung, please, stop." Eon-jin pleaded, trying to ease the tension.

"And you have no intention of letting me know?! Why? Has something happened you two?! Is that how flirty that girl is?!" Min-hee's accusations kept coming.

"Min-hee, that's enough! Leave now! You're not even considering your son's feelings! It's always about you! Just go!" Dong-hoon's voice shook with anger as he struggled to push Min-hee out of the house.

"I won't leave without my son!"

"Min-hee, please. Let's not escalate things further. Let's go home." Ji-hwan intervened, his tone pleading.

"We'll continue this at home later, Tae-pyung. Remember that." Min-hee retorted angrily before storming out of the house.

Dong-hoon immediately pulled his son into a tight embrace, comforting him as tears continued to stream down Tae-pyung's face.

"We'll work through this, son. Don't cry." Dong-hoon reassured him, his own eyes reflecting sorrow and determination.

Tae-pyung glanced sadly at Eon-jin, his heart heavy with guilt.

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry, Eon-jin. I'm so sorry." Tae-pyung choked out between sobs, wrapping his arms around her in a desperate embrace.

"Can I go home now? I want to be with Mom." Eon-jin murmured softly, her voice barely audible.

"I'll take you home with me." Tae-pyung offered immediately, reaching for his bag, but Eon-jin stopped him with a gentle touch.

"I want to be alone. Please." Eon-jin replied, her gaze averted.

"I'll take care of it, son. I'll drive her home." Dong-hoon interjected, sensing the need for privacy between the two. With that, he left the apartment to prepare the car, allowing them time to talk.

"Are you mad at me too?" Tae-pyung asked, his tone heavy with sadness.

"No, not at all. I'm just hurt by our current situation." Eon-jin responded quietly, her words tinged with sorrow. Tae-pyung's face drooped sadly as he lowered his head.

"Tae-pyung ah, Let's... let's take some time apart, give each other space to sort things out." Eon-jin proposed gently, her voice tinged with sadness. Tae-pyung glanced up at her, his eyes filled with confusion.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his voice quivering with emotion.

"Tae-pyung, I don't want us to end up in a situation where you need to choose between me and your mom. And I wouldn't feel happy being in a relationship if someone ends up getting hurt." Eon-jin explained, summoning her courage as she looked into Tae-pyung's tear-filled eyes.

"You're not breaking up with me, are you?" Tae-pyung asked once again. Eon-jin bowed her head, unable to bear seeing her boyfriend so distraught.

"Please, Eon-jin, don't give up on us." Tae-pyung implored, clutching her hand tightly with desperation written all over his face.

Eon-jin couldn't hold back her tears as she wrapped her arms around Tae-pyung in a tight embrace. "I love you, Tae-pyung, I really do. But right now, I think it's best if we end this." she murmured softly, her voice quavering with emotion, as she reluctantly let go and began gathering her belongings once more.

- end of chapter twelve -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 4.2K 17
Stop no I can't be with you, you're a vampire a blood sucking immortal. I understand that you like me, but I just don't feel the same about you. You...
1.2M 54.3K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
4.9K 172 41
"You are my first love that have brought this empty shell of my heart back to life. You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have." - The...
22.9K 760 4
Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun were both heirs to their parents' endless wealth. Growing up together, they were childhood friends. However, they had a fa...