Turning Tides | P. Jackson Bo...

Bởi MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ For the Black Sheep of the family. Even though you try somehow it's still your fault. You'r... Xem Thêm

Cast
The Gods
I'm A What?
You're A Real Problem
We've Got A New Kid
We've Got A New Kid [pt 2]
Let's Go On A Quest
Let's Go On A Quest [pt 2]
Was That A Chimera?
It's Ares
Who Are You?
This Isn't Good
Where's Luke?
She's Your Sister!
He's A Cyclops
Grover's Wedding Dress
We're Leaving
He's Afraid of The Dark
I'm Going To Die In The Sea
My Name is Thalassa
You Need A Little Help?
I'm Sorry Ayden
Thalia
Prophesiezed
Merry Christmas
Hello Again
I Refuse
Family
Immortality
First Greek Party
Camp
Brutal
She's Not Judgemental
Esmeray Cromwell
Grover's In Trouble
Addy
Mr. Di Angelo
Always
The Fate of Olympus
I Promised You
Brat
I Know You're Tired
Is This A Date?
I'm Having Fun
Updated Cast *OLDER*
Real Talk
Happy Birthday
God Killer
Wanted
Lo Mein
I'm Ready To Hurt Some Shiny Kids
For Old Times Sake
Bigger Threats
Swear On The River Styx
Dylan's Candy Shop
Eris Cursed Her

Ayden Made A Gun

23 1 0
Bởi MayLarie10

Book 4 - The Battle of The Labyrinth

Percy saw her from across the flames of the bonfire. He had been waiting for her to return. Nico was already next to her, the two were talking about something serious. Well, he thought until Nico laughed, a genuine laugh as well. He watched as Ayden smiled at him, her eyes going back to the fire. She could never fully let herself go. She would never let herself have fun completely there was always a part of her that was reserved now.

"How are things with you both?" Berkendorf asked as he sat down next to Percy.

"What do you mean?"

"You're staring at her from across the fire. Make it a little less obvious," He chuckled. He had a small piece of scrap metal in his hands as he tinkered with them. "Are you both official yet?"

"Like—."

"Together, I'm thinking of asking Selena," He smirked. "But I think you should ask Ayden as well. It would be good for you both and you are practically dating at this point." His hands got to work as he messed with the pieces. It was similar to the way that Tyson meddles with pieces as well.

"I don't think she's ready—."

"Oh boy," Berkendorf chuckled. "Ask around Percy, everyone can see it. She cares about you more than anyone else here. she may not make it that obvious to you, but if you aren't with her she'll look for you. Honestly, I'm afraid of the day you both are separated, I think she would do everything to get back to you." Percy stared at him. Berkendorf didn't seem bothered by his words. Percy looked from him back over to Ayden. She'd caught his eyes across the fire. Nico wasn't next to her anymore she was alone. "See. Oh, look she's coming over here now. I'll let you two talk." Berkendorf stood up and quickly walked around the fire. He found his place next to Silena

"Clarisse and Chris seem to be doing good," She sat down on the other side of him. Percy nodded and looked over as he involuntarily leaned closer to her. Clarisse was holding out a stick as her marshmallow caught on fire. Chris quickly pulled it back blowing out the fire as they both smiled.

"They aren't the only ones," Percy muttered as he tilted his head toward Charles.

"Really?" Ayden smirked.

"Yeah, they seem pretty happy."

"Wow. I mean they have been flirting alone lately. I guess that's what happens after a battle. Everyone realized who they can't live without." Ayden muttered. Her eyes quickly moved from Percy to the fire.

"Ayden." She turned to him. She'd heard him say her name hundreds of times, but there were only been a few instances where he sounded like this like he was desperate to tell her something, but it was usually nothing. He watched the flames reflect in her eyes. Percy didn't know how to have this conversation.

"I'm in—I think." Her shook his head laughing a bit as he turned to her. "I like you. A lot." Ayden froze for a moment. He watched the panic cross her face. "I'm sorry, this was not the right way to go about this—um, well, Berkendorf." Ayden watched him start to panic as well. She leaned forward and kissed him.

"Jackson," She smiled. "I like you too. I mean I know I'm a complicated person. I have a lot of drama and issues—." He kissed her this time.

"I'm glad we're on the same page them," Percy smiled. Ayden laughed a little as she rested her head on his shoulder briefly.

"Mhmm," Ayden looked around smirking. Her face was on fire, but she blamed the flames they were close to. She caught Ananbeth's eyes from across the circle and blushed harder. "So I guess this makes us official?" Percy nodded as he saw what she was looking at. When he saw Annabeth smiling at both of them he cleared his throat.

"Uhm, what did they want at Olympus?" He touched her pinkie with his. He didn't know how public she wanted to be even though they kissed.

"They wanted to ask me things about being a conduit and other crap with the markings," Ayden shook her head. She took his hand in hers happily as she moved a bit closer to him. She found that when she was with Percy she felt more stable. She felt more like her old self. She felt lighter like maybe the world wasn't so horrible all the time.

"Can you kiss me again?" She whispered. Percy leaned forward kissing her briefly.

"Happy too." He kissed her cheek. She laid her head on his shoulder as they looked into the flames. She didn't know if this was a good thing to have right now or if it was risky. They were about to get into a major war with Kronos and she didn't know if they would all make it out alive. She just wanted to enjoy something normal for once. She just wanted to be here with Percy.

They both knew everything was about to change.

***

Percy was talking with Nico and Chiron in the big house when Grover, Clarisse, and Tyson came in. They each were breathing heavily. Tyson stood in the doorway while Grover and Clarrise leaned against the walls.

"Hey Chiron, how you doing?" Grover tried to play it cool.

"Yeah, what's going on in here?" Clarisse looked around. "Where is Mr. D? I gotta ask him something about Chris?"

"He should be down by the water helping out a few of the campers," Chiron leaned onto his desk. "Why have you two burst into my office?"

"Cause we were—."

"We wanted to speak with you and you and you," Grover pointed from Percy to Nico to Chiron.

"About?" Nico leaned back in the chair.

"What's happening?" Percy smirked. He could tell by the three of them acting weird. He knew something was going on and he knew Ayden was at the center of it. There was a sound in the distance and it made each of them freeze.

"What is that?" Chiron asked. Percy and Nico sat up and looked out the window. A group of birds flew past. The loud bang went off again.

"Is that a gun?" Nico asked as she stood up. Tyson put his arms out in the doorway blocking everyone.

"It's loud," He smiled at his brother.

"No, of course not, that's silly,"  Grover added. He waved his hand through the air and covered his ears again.

"Clarisse, what is happening?" Chiron asked. Clarisse shrugged as she gave the other two a hard stare.

"I don't know. Probably just the Stoll twins setting off fireworks again."

"Then why are you here?" Percy asked. "Blocking the door? What is Ayden doing?" Grover cracked a smile. He loved that his friend knew already.

"Ayden made a gun?!" Someone shouted from outside the Big House. A loud murmur went off followed by another gunshot.

"She did what?!" Chiron stared at each of them.

"Technically she didn't," Clarisse pointed out. "She's gotten help from other cabins."

"It's fine," Grover put on his calming voice. "Everything is fine, she's just testing it out with supervision."

"I'm surprised you let her have a gun," Percy added as he gestured to Clarisse. She shrugged.

"I get a turn later." She winked. Another shot went off. She held up her hand putting down four fingers. "There should be," Another shot went off. "Mag is gone, we're good, thank you for your time gentlemen." She took a bow as Tyson finally moved himself from the doorway.

"What in the god's names," Chiron rubbed his forehead.

"I'll go check on her," Percy followed the group out.

"I'll come too." Nico shot up after him. The group was laughing hysterically.

When they got out near one of the training fields Percy saw Ayden holding a rifle in her arms as she checked the mag strip and the sights. He'd never seen Ayden with a gun, but she did it like it was natural. It came ot her easily. She passed it off to Berkendorf as he handed her a pistol. She unloaded and reloaded the magazine. She saw the others approaching and smiled showing them the gun.

"This was a great plan, I love guns!"

"Ayden," Percy chuckled as he looked at the small table they had set up. There were only a few more rough models of guns displayed. The magazines were unloaded and lying next to them. "What is this for?"

"The battle, celestial bronze bullets. Long-range attacks. Cover your ears please." They all did as she asked covering their ears as she turned back to the targets. She unloaded the riffle at the targets not too far from them. Percy had to admit, she had a pretty accurate shot. More precise than a bow and arrow which neither of them were good with. "How did Chiron react?"

"Well, he can't exactly come this way, so fine for now." Clarisse smiled as they both high-fived. They switched positions Percy thought it was nice that they were getting along so well especially after their rocky history with one another.

"This is great." Ayden smiled.

"I will admit, this was genius," Berkendorf chuckled as he watched one of the Athena kids try to explain everything to Clarisse. She was eager to start pulling the trigger. "Although she is going to have to train with the gun."

"Ayden Rivera!"

"Oh damn," Clarisse and Berkendorf tried to quickly pack up the weapons. The children of Apollo and Athena slowly started putting distance between the gun range and themselves.

"Stop trying to run, I'm only here for her," Mr. D waited. He had his hands on his hips as he waited. Ayden let out a long sigh as she walked past the others moving toward him. "Don't you have a quest from the gods?"

"No," Ayden shook her head. "I've got this going on though."

"Ayden—."

"I won't do it. They've hidden themselves for a reason. I'm not going to search for the other conduits. They're all older and moved on from this life. I'm not pulling them back into this—."

"Even if it can save some of your little friends. Other Demigod's lives are at stake here, Ayden. You can't do it all. And even if they aren't a part of the war this affects them." Mr. D shook his head. "You aren't unstoppable."

"Nearly." Ayden disagreed. "I will go on a quest this summer, but I'm not saying I'm completing the one the gods wanted to send me on."

"It's not wise—."

"To defy the gods, well there isn't anything they can do right now, since I'm the only thing that could help them stop Kronos. I would like to see them try and argue with me." Ayden crossed her arms as she tilted her head. Mr. D stared down at the young Demigod and saw the rebelliousness.

It unnerved him. He knew that if Ayden decided to change sides there would be nothing they could do to stop her. The only thing keeping her on their side was her friends and if she lost those there wasn't anyone on this planet who could stop her. She would take everyone down with her.

"You're letting it all get to your head." Mr. D warned her. Ayden just shrugged and watched as some other campers passed them. Berkendorf and Clarisse looked like they were committing many crimes as they passed a shotgun to Percy. He looked intrigued but also horrified that Mr. D was this close to them so they rushed back to Ares cabin to put the weapons in hiding.

"I am, but as of right now, I'm untouchable by you gods. Now if you excuse me I have to prepare more weapons before I depart for my quest." She walked past him like he wasn't her superior. Ayden walked past him like he was just another friend that she was done talking to.

Mr. D had never been so disrespected in his life, but then again Ayden had run into more important gods than him and not thought twice about talking back. He tried to shake off the feeling as he disappeared through the groups of kids yelling at several others who were just chatting with each other. They didn't have time to socialize, they were on the brink of war.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

11.5K 426 33
. 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑢𝑠 𝑗𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚!𝑜𝑐 ❝ fee...
215K 4.2K 20
For once in Percy Jackson's life everything is peaceful, but when tragedy strikes, he is left alone. His closest friends and family all died in a see...
4.3K 193 52
Daphne Evans, a thirteen year old girl. On the outside, she's just an ordinary girl but in reality that's not true. At the age of nine, she watched h...
377 25 7
If I'm gonna give you any advice from my wise amazing awesome-ist halfblood self it's to NOT be a demigod. Pretty simple... But if y'all want to be e...