COTE Year 2 Reimagined

By Kiyonami

This story is my own take on COTE year 2. Some volumes will remain similar to the original, while others will... More

Y1V7.5:Partners.
Y1V11.5:Experience.
Volume 1:Part 1
Volume 1:Part2
Volume 1:Part 3
Volume 1:Part 4
Volume 1:Part5
Volume 1:Part 6
Volume 1:Part 7
Volume 1:Part 8
Volume 1:Part 9
Volume 1:Part 10
Volume 1:Part 11
Volume 1:Part 12
Volume 1:Part 13
Volume 1:Part 14
Volume 1:Part 15
Volume 1:Part 16
Volume 1:Short Stories.
Update 1
Volume 2:Part 1
Volume 2:Part 2
Volume 2:Part 3
Volume 2:Part 4
Volume 2:Part 5
Volume 2:Part 6
Volume 2:Part 7
Volume 2:Part 8
Volume 2:Part 9
Volume 2:Part 10
Volume 2:Part 11
Volume 2:Part 12
Volume 2:Short Stories.
Update 2
Volume 3:Part 1
Volume 3:Part 2
Volume 3:Part 3
Volume 3:Part 4
Volume 3:Part 5
Volume 3:Part 6
Volume 3:Part 7
Volume 3:Part 8
Volume 3:Part 9
Volume 3:Part 10
Volume 3:Short Stories.
Update 3
Tsubaki Sakurako:Origins.
Sakayanagi Arisu:Origins.
Volume 4:Part 1
Volume 4:Part 2
Volume 4:Part 3
Volume 4:Part 5
Volume 4:Part 6
Volume 4:Part 7
Volume 4:Part 8
Volume 4:Part 9
Volume 4:Part 10
Volume 4:Part 11
Volume 4:Part 12
Volume 4:Part 13
Volume 4:Part 14
Volume 4:Short Stories.
Update 4
Volume 4.5:Part 1
Volume 4.5:Part 2
Volume 4.5:Part 3
Volume 4.5:Part 4
Volume 4.5:Part 5
Volume 4.5:Part 6
Volume 4.5:Part 7
Volume 4.5:Part 8
Volume 4.5:Part 9
Volume 4.5:Part 10
Volume 4.5:Part 11
Volume 4.5:Part 12
Volume 4.5:Part 13
Volume 4.5:Part 14
Volume 4.5:Short Stories.
Update 4.5
Volume 5:Part 1
Volume 5:Part 2
Volume 5:Part 3
Volume 5:Part 4
Volume 5:Part 5
Volume 5:Part 6
Volume 5:Part 7
Volume 5:Part 8
Volume 5:Part 9
Volume 5:Part 10
Volume 5:Part 11
Volume 5:Part 12
Volume 5:Part 13
Volume 5:Part 14
Volume 5:Short stories.
Update 5
Volume 6:Part 1
Volume 6:Part 2
Volume 6:Part 3
Volume 6:Part 4
Volume 6:Part 5
Volume 6:Part 6
Volume 6:Part 7
Volume 6:Part 8
Volume 6:Part 9
Volume 6:Part 10
Volume 6:Part 11
Volume 6:Part 12
Volume 6:Part 13
Volume 6:Part 14
Volume 6:Short Stories.
Update 6
Volume 7:Part 1
Volume 7:Part 2
Volume 7:Part 3
Volume 7:Part 4
Volume 7:Part 5
Volume 7:Part 6
Volume 7:Part 7
Volume 7:Part 8
Volume 7:Part 9
Volume 7:Part 10
Volume 7:Part 11
Volume 7:Part 12
Volume 7:Part 13
Volume 7:Part 14
Volume 7:Short Stories.
Update 7
Volume 8:Part 1
Volume 8:Part 2
Volume 8:Part 3
Volume 8:Part 4
Volume 8:Part 5
Volume 8:Part 6
Volume 8:Part 7
Volume 8:Part 8
Volume 8:Part 9
Volume 8:Part 10
Volume 8:Part 11
Volume 8:Part 12
Volume 8:Part 13
Volume 8:Part 14

Volume 4:Part 4

406 24 10
By Kiyonami

It was the 9th day of the exam, and my group and I have been doing way better than I could've thought. I honestly felt proud of myself. I woke up earlier than my two group members and started packing my stuff to prepare.

I thought about what Kiyotaka could be doing right now but quickly stopped and focused on myself. Kiyotaka promised he would take care of himself, so I needed to take care of myself, too.

We found a river yesterday and decided to camp next to it in order to have extra water, I went over there to grab some water so I could boil it and give it to Satou-san and Matsushita-san when they woke up but I felt something weird.

Someone was watching me. I don't know if this person wanted me to notice them or if my time near Kiyotaka really affected me this much, but I felt It. If I went back to my tent, Satou-san and Mastushita-san could be in trouble too. If I ran now, I would have to leave my stuff behind, and I won't make it. The safest option was to confront whoever was watching me and try to talk my way out of whatever this was.

"Just come out and tell me what you want, okay? I don't want any trouble."

When I said that, I saw a red-haired girl come out from behind a tree nearby.

"Karuizawa-senpai! I can't believe you noticed me!"

"Did I notice you? Or did you let me see you on purpose?"

"Let you see me? Who do you think I am Senpai some kind of spy?"

The girl was Amasawa-san. The one who came to Kiyotaka's room and tried to get him expelled. Why was she here?

She pouted and gave me a sad look.

"Do you want something from me?"

"Yes! I've wanted something from you ever since I saw you in Ayanokoji-senpai's room that day."

She smiled brightly. Her smile was completely genuine as far as I could tell. There was nothing suspicious about her behaviour at all. But then...why did I feel so creeped out when she's around?

"And what exactly do you want from me?"

"I want you to break up with Ayanokoji-senpai."

What? Break up with Kiyotaka? I mean, we aren't even really dating, but still. Was she some kind of stalker who wanted Kiyotaka for herself?

"Why would I do that?"

"Because you don't deserve Ayanokoji-senpai."

Her smile faded from her eyes. Her lips were still turned up, but her eyes were somewhat angry. What is going on?

"I don't deserve him? Kiyotaka is the one wh-"

She slapped me. Without warning.

"You don't deserve to call him that. The thought of an idiotic little girl like you calling Ayanokoji-senpai by his given name disgusts me."

I was beyond confused. Did this girl know more about Kiyotaka than I thought? Was she going to bully me into leaving him?

"I refuse. I won't break up with Kiyotaka."

This time, she punched me in the face and knocked me to the ground. She was way stronger than she looked.

She was just like...Kiyotaka...

"Didn't I just tell you not to call him that? Are you even listening to me Karuizawa-senpai? You're hurting my feelings, you know?"

She leaned down and grabbed me by my hair, then looked into my eyes.

"Now do what I say. Break up with Ayanokoji-senpai and never come near him again. I won't allow a lesser being like you to stand next to someone like him."

Lesser being? Was she crazy... did she believe Kiyotaka is some kind of God?

"I already told you. I won't break up with Kiyotaka."

I didn't care if she was stronger than me. If she thought she could bully me into doing what she wanted, then she was wrong. I was done being bullied.

She slapped me again as soon as I said his name.

"Do whatever you want. I won't do let you force me into anything."

Her eyes changed slightly, and they went from being angry to being...interested? It felt like she was a scientist experimenting on me.

She slapped me two more times and laughed like she was enjoying herself. She tugged my hair harder and looked me directly in the eyes.

"What do you even know about Ayanokoji-senpai, huh? You're acting so tough for a pathetic crush. You really are stupid, Senpai."

"I don't know much about him. But I know enough. This isn't a crush. I'm acting this because I refuse to ever give up on Kiyotaka."

She slapped me again when I said his name.

"Why not?"

"Because he needs me."

This time, she didn't hit me. She just laughed. She laughed so hard that she couldn't catch her breath after.

"What could Ayanokoji-senpai possibly need from someone like you?"

She was looking down at me. No. She was looking down on everyone. Like everyone who isn't Kiyotaka was complete garbage to her. This girl was obsessed with him.

"He needs someone who stands by him even after knowing who he really is. He needs someone who will never give up on him. I will be that person for Kiyotaka."

This time, she didn't slap me when I said her name. She chuckled slightly and let go of me.

"You're really interesting Karuizawa-senpai maybe I was wrong about you."

"Maybe?"

"Maybe. I'll be watching you closely, Senpai. If I decide that you're not worthy, I'll just have to hit you again."

She gave me a cute smile while playing with her hair.

"That won't work."

I got up and looked straight at her.

"If you think you can scare me just because you're stronger than me, then you're wrong. I won't let anyone bully me like this again."

She laughed again, then came close to me, and hugged me. What was her deal?

She gave me a wink and ran off into the forest. I was beyond confused by everything that just happened, but I couldn't worry about that now. I grabbed the water I needed and decided to go back to my group.

I wonder if Kiyotaka will be okay.

_____________________________________________

The 9th day of the exam began. I was walking with Haruka-senpai now, making our way to our third area of the day. I've spent the morning running to nearby tasks to win food and water, just like Ayanokoji-senpai asked me.

"Haruka-senpai, are you sure your friends will be there?"

She was looking at her tablet but then shifted her attention towards me.

"Don't worry, Nanase-san, I think Miyachi and Yukimuu will be there. And why do you call me haruka-senpai?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Should I call you Hasebe-senpai? I just thought Haruka-senpai was fine since that's what Ayanokoji-senpai called you when we first met you yesterday. If I offended you in some, then please allow me to ap-"

"Nanase-san, please...I didn't mean it like that. Just call me what you've been doing so far. That's fine."

I nodded at her to assure her that I understood her intentions. She giggled and gave me a nice smile. Haruka-senpai was really kind. I'm glad Ayanokoji-senpai could have a friend like her.

A few minutes later, I noticed she was still looking at her tablet, so I decided to check and see if anything was wrong. She was looking at our points, which had been going up at an extremely fast rate all day. It seemed like Ayanokoji-senpai was really holding nothing back and going to as many tasks as possible. They were now in the top 50% and, at this rate, would be in the top 25% by the end of the day.

"Ayanokoji-senpai really is amazing, isn't he?"

I decided to comment on it since she seemed interested in what he was doing.

"Amazing? What makes you say that Nanase-san?"

Did she not think Ayanokoji-senpai was amazing? Or maybe she was trying to find out more about him through me.

"I mean, he's been doing tasks all day, right? And we earn double the points today, so your group managed to jump up the rankings really quickly."

Haruka-senpai looked back to her tablet and started thinking more. Was she suspicious of Ayanokoji-senpai?

"Is something wrong, Haruka-senpai?"

"No...its just a feeling, I'm sorry."

I nodded at her and decided to look behind me. Airi-senpai was keeping up with us, but barely. I always checked behind to make sure she's with us since I noticed early on that her athletic abilities were not that good.

We kept walking forward until we finally reached our third area of the day.

Haruka-senpai ran forward and jumped at one of the two guys in front of us, pulling him into a hug. She then grabbed the other guy's arm and pulled him closer, too, so she could hug both of them. Airi-senpai, who was left out, started moving towards them and got pulled into the hug by Haruka-senpai. It was strange because it felt like the only one actually enjoying that Hug was Haruka-senpai herself.

When I arrived at where they were standing, I noticed the two guys looking at me in confusion. So I decided to introduce myself. As usual, I started by putting putting my right arm behind my back and pressing my left hand against my chest and giving them a warm smile.

"My name is Nanase Tsubasa from Class 1-D.  I'm Ayanokoji-senpai's travelling companion and friend."

I then bowed to them. I had rehearsed this introduction many times before to make sure I have a good first impression on anyone. I started adding the travelling companion note during this island exam and added the friend line after Ayanokoji-senpai reached his hand out to me. I got somewhat worried when I thought Ayanokoji-senpai disapproved of my introduction, but thankfully, it seems he was mistaken.

When I looked back at them, the guys seemed confused, which in turn confused me. I had thought my introduction was quite clear.

"You don't have to add that last part anymore Nanase-san,Kiyopon isn't with us anymore."

Haruka-senpai giggled, and I felt embarrassed. How could I make such a silly mistake? Now, my first impression would be ruined.

"I apologise for the confusion. I am Ayanokoji-senpai's former travelling companion. Currently, I am Haruka-senpai's and Airi-senpai's guardian angel."

I corrected my introduction and bowed at them once again. Calling myself an "angel" sounded presumptuous, but I didn't mean it in that way.

"My name is Yukimura, but since you're calling Haruka and Airi by their given names, you can call me Keisei as well."

I was confused since when I memorised the names on the OAA, his name wasn't Keisei, but I didn't object to his request.

"I'm Akito."

Akito-senpai raised his hand in greeting.

"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you. Ayanokoji-senpai asked me to watch other Haruka-senpai, but I will make sure to keep you both safe as well."

I gave them a warm and confident smile to make sure they wouldn't have any worries. For some reason, they seemed to doubt my abilities.

"Nanase-san is actually more than she looks she's been doing a ton of tasks and gathering food for all of us today."

Haruka-senpai came to my defence. The boys were still confused, but they didn't argue any further.

Keisei-senpai decided to speak up next.

"There's something weird going on. We've been getting a ton of points all day. Is our system broken somehow? Have you guys been doing tasks or what?"

Did Keisei-senpai not know about Ayanokoji-senpai's abilities? Should I lie and try to keep his abilities a secret?

"Yeah! Airi and I have been doing too many tasks, and we've been doing great thanks to Nanase-san's help. I think Kiyopon might also be doing some tasks himself, so that's why."

Haruka-senpai was lying. Airi-senpai looked at her but didn't comment. Was she trying to keep what Ayanokoji-senpai was doing a secret? Either way, I decided not to intervene.

"I see. It still seems way too much, but I guess that kind of explains it. Speaking of Kiyotaka, why isn't he with us? He told us to go to our areas and forget about the tasks."

"He probably prefers to be alone. I mean, it's Kiyopon, you know! He told us the same thing, and I think he's right. Today, we completed tasks obviously for the doubled rewards, but starting from tomorrow, I think we should just focus on our areas."

"I don't quite agree. But if you all insist, then I would follow."

Keisei-senpai looked at the other two, and they both nodded. It seemed like they all agreed to Ayanokoji-senpai's plan of only focusing on the designated areas.

I led the group to the centre of the area as usual, and we started to eat while waiting for the final area to be selected. I checked the tablet again, and Ayanokoji-senpai was still completing tasks as fast as he could.

I hope he's okay. If he gets attacked by him, then I don't know what would happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.2K 25
These are not just any reactions but one of the most funny and illogical classroom of the Elite Reactions ever made out there. Truly one of the react...
239K 6.4K 93
Pretty much what it says in the title. The school decided Ayanokouji wasn't judged as defective enough to be put in class D, so the school decided he...
56.2K 1K 7
It's just the characters reacting to what's going behind their backs. There won't be a proper timeline right now IDK I might do that later. I have se...
101K 3.1K 89
Very random ideas with a very random upload schedule. I'd say it's a decent length, however my early works aren't something I'm proud of but there ar...