Turning Tides | P. Jackson Bo...

By MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ For the Black Sheep of the family. Even though you try somehow it's still your fault. You'r... More

Cast
The Gods
I'm A What?
You're A Real Problem
We've Got A New Kid
We've Got A New Kid [pt 2]
Let's Go On A Quest
Let's Go On A Quest [pt 2]
Was That A Chimera?
It's Ares
Who Are You?
This Isn't Good
Where's Luke?
She's Your Sister!
He's A Cyclops
Grover's Wedding Dress
We're Leaving
He's Afraid of The Dark
I'm Going To Die In The Sea
My Name is Thalassa
You Need A Little Help?
I'm Sorry Ayden
Thalia
Prophesiezed
Merry Christmas
Hello Again
I Refuse
Family
Immortality
First Greek Party
Camp
Brutal
Esmeray Cromwell
Grover's In Trouble
Addy
Mr. Di Angelo
Always
The Fate of Olympus
I Promised You
Brat
I Know You're Tired
Ayden Made A Gun
Is This A Date?
I'm Having Fun
Updated Cast *OLDER*
Real Talk
Happy Birthday
God Killer
Wanted
Lo Mein
I'm Ready To Hurt Some Shiny Kids
For Old Times Sake
Bigger Threats
Swear On The River Styx
Dylan's Candy Shop
Eris Cursed Her

She's Not Judgemental

38 3 0
By MayLarie10

Book 3 - The Titans Curse

It had been a week since Nico disappeared. Grover, Percy, and Annabeth had searched the woods for him, but no sign. He'd just disappeared. The group had lied to Chiron about his disappearance. They roped Ayden in telling her that he was a child of Hades, just like his sister was. Percy also had to tell her it was his fault Bianca was dead, but Ayden refused to let him take the blame.

They had been training with the other campers that were left. Their training had gotten more intense now that they knew a war was coming for them. Ki and Luke weren't gone. They would come back with Kronos. Ayden was having a restless sleep so she instead went out to the shore to swim. She thought maybe some exercise and air would clear her head. She didn't expect to find someone there already.

"You know you're not supposed to be out here at night." Ayden quickly stripped off her shirt and shorts leaving herself in her bathing suit as she walked into the water. It wasn't as cold as she was expecting.

"Oh no, I've been caught," Percy mocked as he floated on his back in the water. Ayden's face heated as the moonlight reflected off his bare chest. She turned around and tried to move out of the water. "Where are you going?" He grabbed her hand stopping her.

"We've been caught remember?" She turned around with a smirk.

"As long as it's not Chiron, we're good," He splashed her with some water. She scoffed and threw water back at him. He held his hand up making the splash miss him.

"That's not fair," She pointed at him. He just shrugged with a laugh as he dove underwater. She ran her hands over her hair dampening it. A shriek escaped her as she was lifted out of the water for a moment. Percy surfaced in front of her with his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Hi." He smiled. She laughed a little and pushed his wet hair from his face as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"What brought you out here tonight?" She asked him. It was hard to see, but she could feel his eyes on her face. Her cheeks were on fire, it didn't matter how cool the water was, she felt like she was boiling under his touch. This is the most intimate either of them have been with one another and it was under the cover of darkness.

"I had a dream about Nico," He let out a sigh. Ayden rested her forehead against his. "You?"

"Cameron," She muttered. A thought occurred to her as she leaned back. "That means there are three children."

"Yeah, but that doesn't change anything," Percy shook his head. "I won't let Nico inherit the prophecy." Ayden gave him a soft smile as her fingers threaded through his hair.

"You're a good person," She told him.

"Thank you," He smiled at her. She rolled her eyes and shoved away from him as she let herself glide under the water. The moon was full tonight so it was easy for both of them to see with the reflection off the water. "You're a good person too." Ayden paused her swimming and turned to him.

"That's not true."

"I think it's the most true for you," Percy nodded. they were a few feet apart. "I mean I'll do anything for my friends, but you've done everything for them." He moved closer.

"No, I was naive," She explained. "Maybe my fatal flaw is poor judgment." She joked. Percy smiled, but he didn't laugh.

"That or maybe being reckless." He told her. Her mouth dropped open as she splashed water at him. This time he didn't block it. It showered him as he pushed his hair out of his face. "Hey, you're the one that brought it up, not me."

"Yeah, and yours is your loyalty." Ayden pointed out. He swam closer to her.

"I could argue, that's yours as well," He smiled.

"Mhmm, sure, Jackson." She ran her hand over the water. She liked the way it felt moving through her hands. "You know I haven't used Thalassa's brand yet?" She looked down at her arm seeing the familiar swirls on her bicep. She hasn't touched Thalassa's or Aions. She only had four Gaia and Nyx didn't give their approval for her to use them just yet. She had Chaos, Aion, Achlys, and Thalassa's branding.

"And I would rather you didn't," Percy offered as he stared at the pink scars on her arms. He took her hand in his.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he moved his hands through the water. It flowed up into the air and with their hands.

"This is what it will be like," He offered as he stood behind her. The two of them directed the water together. Percy was using his powers, but it looked like Ayden was in control.

"This is so calming," She muttered as they set their hands back into the water.

"It would be if I didn't use it to battle people most of the time," Percy smiled as she turned to face him.

"Why don't you just come out here during the day, you could get a lot more training in." Ayden looked back into the woods. Through the trees, she could barely see the torches from the path.

"People watch during the day, which I'm not afraid of, but sometimes I just like being here." Percy leaned back floating on his back. Ayden watched him float a few feet away from her. There was something about Percy Jackson that just messed with Ayden.

She didn't know how else to describe it. They were friends, close friends. There were times when she thought maybe there could be more, but she would never wish that upon anyone. People who tend to get close to her either are disappointed or get hurt. She didn't know if she could handle either happening to him.

"You're overthinking," Percy mumbled. Ayden laughed a little realizing he knew exactly what she was doing. "I can hear it from over here." He raised his hand.

"Fine, fine, I'm sorry. This is a relaxing time. I'll relax, I promise," She laid on her back letting the water fill her ears. The sounds of things happening far off in the distance echoed through the water.

***

Percy had finally convinced Ayden to go to his mom's with him. He made sure to fill her in on everything that was going on. He was supposed to be going to Paul's school next term. Well he worked there, it wasn't Paul Blofis's school. He also talked a lot about Paul's relationship with his mom, he saw her with him a lot and he was happy for them.

Ayden promised she would go and stay for a while, but she didn't want to impose on their life for too long. She knew he was inviting her to stay because he didn't want to leave her at camp alone. Annabeth was going back with her father and Grover had his girlfriend.

"Okay, what if I'm nervous?" Ayden asked as she grabbed her bag from the ground. Percy had finished packing his back as well as they walked for the door of his cabin.

"Don't be, she already loves you," Percy offered. "Also you've met her before." He gave her an odd look. She paused and glared at him.

"Jackson," She let out a short breath.

"No, I know, I know, I'm sorry." He laughed as he held his hands up and backed away from her. He tripped on one of the roots stumbling back. She teleported behind him shoving him forward.

"I have issues with parental figures, okay. I'm just-I'm sorry." she rubbed her eyes.

"Stop apologizing," Percy smiled at her. "Now come on, she's excited to see you."

"How do you know?" She muttered as she walked with him.

"Well because after Christmas she couldn't stop talking about you." Percy's face flushed as he looked ahead of them. He saw Ayden staring at him out of his peripheral vision.

"She what? Why didn't you tell me?" Ayden hit his arm lightly.

"I didn't know if you would want to know," He laughed. "It's all good things I swear. She even told Paul about you, although Paul doesn't really know about this stuff, so he just thinks you're my girlfriend."

"Oh," Ayden's face went pink as she stared at him with wide eyes. "Is that-wait are we-I'm sorry, I'm confused."

"Well, no, I mean it's just what he thinks, unless you, well I mean I-what do you think?" He stared at the grass under his feet avoiding her eyes. She laughed a little and took a deep breath.

"Okay, well Percy breath." She smiled at him. He chuckled and kept his face low as his ears flamed. "Sure, I'll be your girlfriend in front of Paul, but how about for now we don't put a label on anything? I mean I would love to, but I don't know for sure if-."

"No, no, I totally agree, sorry for the hesitation. I mean you're great, I really-you're great."

"Percy?" She smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll stop now," He nodded and looked past the tree. Ayden ran her hand over the dragon's head as it blew a puff of smoke out of its nose. Down the hill, they saw a car pulled off near the wood railing. "There she is." He waved his hand through the air. Ayden grabbed his hand teleporting them down by her side.

"Oh!" Sally shouted as she put a hand to her chest. "Sorry," She laughed. "I just didn't expect that just, startled me."

"Sorry," Ayden gave her a nervous smile. "I just didn't want you to wait for him to slowly walk down the hill." Percy shot her a look as Sally laughed.

"I don't walk down the hill slowly," He muttered as he set his bag down.

"Let's be honest here, honey. You kind of do," She laughed and leaned forward hugging him.

"It's good to see you, Mom," Ayden put their bags in the trunk as she wrung her hands out.

"Ayden," Sally turned from her son with open arms.

"Oh," Ayden moved toward her. The pair hugged. It was a lot more comfortable than Ayden thought it was going to be. She thought it was easy to relax into Sally's arms. She understood where Percy got his calming nature from.

"It's good to see you," She smiled and then saw her sleeve. "Did you get a tattoo?" Ayden's eyes moved to Percy. He gave her a panicked expression and shrugged. "What didn't he tell me?" She sighed and looked over her shoulder at him.

"Uh-," Percy scratched the back of his neck.

"Well looks like you're sitting in the back, Ayden's gotta catch me up on what you forgot," She ruffled his hair as he let go of the door handle moving toward the back.

"Do you want to?" Percy whispered to her. Ayden looked at the door and then nodded.

"Yeah," She tilted her head.

"Ayden?"

"How do you think she'll react?" She chewed on her thumbnail. Percy grabbed her hand pulling it away from her mouth.

"She's not judgemental, you'll see." He stepped back opening the door for her.

"Oh, that's so sweet Percy!" His mom called from inside the car. He took a deep breath trying to keep the blush off his face as Ayden slid into the car holding in her laughter. "He really likes you," Sally muttered to her before Percy could get in. Ayden was going to respond, but Percy got into the back.

"Alright," He let out a long sigh. "I'm ready to go home for a while."

"Buckle up, first," Sally stared at him in the rearview mirror. Ayden reached for her strap as well. She never really rode in cars so she didn't always remember she had to take safety precautions. "Alright, now Ayden. When did you get those tattoos?"

"Oh I had them during Christmas," Sally slammed her foot on the break and turned to her.

"What?" She stared at Ayden. The girl's eyes were wide.

"Mom," Percy leaned forward. "Why are you freaking out?"

"I'm not freaking out," She shook her head. "You were wearing long sleeves weren't you?" Ayden nodded as she started to crack her knuckles. "Sorry, I don't mean to freak you out, I'm just usually so observant." She shook her head. "Sorry about that, continue love." She put on her blinker and pulled out onto the road. Ayden gave Percy a look as he returned it making the two of them laugh.

"Long story short, they aren't really tattoos they are markings that link me to primordial gods." Ayden grimaced as she watched Sally's expression shift four different times.

"Neither of you are old enough to drive yet are you?" She let out a long breath.

"I've driven before, several times," Ayden gave her a small smile.

"Have you?" Sally asked. "Wait, no," She shook her head. "That's irresponsible. Okay, so how many markings do you have? What kind of abilities do you have? Wait who are primordial's, ohhhh!" She looked at Percy in the rearview mirror. "They are the gods that came before the Olympians. Although in the stories I've read most of them perished."

"They did," Ayden nodded with her words. "I have four. One for Chaos, Aion, Achlys, and Thalassa. I've been living with the six."

"I knew you were with them, but for some reason, it didn't click that they were primordial gods. Percy, how did you leave that part out."

"I'm sorry I thought you just knew, You're the one that told me most of the Greek knowledge I know." Percy defended from the backseat.

"I might need to stop for some decaf coffee," Sally muttered to herself.

"I'm sorry-."

"You've gotta stop apologizing, dear. You've done nothing wrong," Sally reached over and squeezed Ayden's hand. "Kepp going. What are all of their names? I've met Chaos, she was very nice." Ayden clenched her jaw as the pain started in her chest at the mention of them.

"Aion is the primordial god of time, Chaos is pretty much everything, Thalassa is the sea like Poseidon, um," She leaned her head back on the headrest and looked out the window as she thought. "Nyx is the goddess of the night. Gaia is mother earth, and Achlys is the goddess of Misery and the death mist."

"Wow, so you're like connected in the community," Sally joked. Ayden smiled and looked over her shoulder at Percy. His forehead was pressed against the window. He was out. "He hasn't been sleeping well has he?"

"Not really, no," Ayden muttered as she turned around again.

"Well I'm glad he's coming home for a while," Sally adjusted her grip on the wheel. "Now we can get to the good stuff," Sally smirked. "Are you and my son really dating?"

"Oh-." Ayden's face went red as she looked out the window. "Uh, no."

"That's a shame, he does really like you though." Ayden looked over her shoulder again seeing Percy's eyes stayed closed.

"Yeah, well I like him too." She muttered. Sally saw the way Percy smiled in his sleep from the mirror. "But if we're talking that kind of talk, you have to tell me about Paul." Ayden redirected the conversation back to her.

"Oh," Sally smiled as she turned on some soft background music. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Ayden nodded. "We've got a little bit anyway. I want to know what he's like if he's good enough for you."

"Oh Ayden," Sally laughed as she waved her hand through the air. She was hesitant to tell her about Paul. To Ayden she seemed really happy, genuine. It was good to see that there was still some kind of love like that in the world. She could see the resemblance between Percy and his mother. It was clear as day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 134 11
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...
377 25 7
If I'm gonna give you any advice from my wise amazing awesome-ist halfblood self it's to NOT be a demigod. Pretty simple... But if y'all want to be e...
11.6K 426 33
. 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑢𝑠 𝑗𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚!𝑜𝑐 ❝ fee...
4.3K 194 52
Daphne Evans, a thirteen year old girl. On the outside, she's just an ordinary girl but in reality that's not true. At the age of nine, she watched h...