DARKEST TRUTH

By yan_san_1013

That's a couple people call "Born for each other". They fall in love, fight, and make up so soon. When they'r... More

I. Understand what, hyung?
II. JK? Is it his name?
III. Do I have an option left?
IV. You taste like strawberry
V. Yaa Kim Taehyung!!! Come to your sense!!!
VI. Holi Shit! It was way too quick
VII. Afraid of loosing you
VIII. I'm the water, so I need the fire
IX. Seems like mosquito bites
X. Did you drink again, Kook?
XI. A life without you? It's meaningless
XII. He locked himself up since the morning
XIII. Aish! These smart*ass Kids!
XIV. Hangug Salam Aniyeo?
XV. Bingo! They are cursed with SINGLE STREAM
XVI. He's jealous, Baby Bear!
XVII. How does he know me so well?
XVIII. Flake Prince?
XIX. It's better to be honest sometimes
XX. Promise me you won't freak out
XXI. Looks like I got some old rags to deal with

XXII. All dreams will come true

40 2 10
By yan_san_1013

He named this place mortal realm because they themselves believe that they live in mortal realm and beyond their reach there are other realms like immortal realm, spirit realm, ghost realm, heavenly realm, demon realm and so on. And the source of their assumptions were the theories provided by monks and shamans.

He has been visiting this place since he was 10 years old. And just after reaching there he realized that he couldn't use his power as freely as he wanted. Even a little use of magic costed him to loose a huge amount of his spiritual power. As a result, he was often bullied while in a vulnerable state.

That's the precious reason he started leaning boxing as self defense under a human coach at his 12. This boxing was incredible while dealing with those thugs today. Jungkook was more than joyous about it. Coming back from the physician, Jungkook went straight to the boy.

He was resting keeping his one arm on his forehead, with his fingers closed, forming a fist. Jungkook assumed it was because of the pain he had to endure. He sat beside the boy with the medication box. With the closeness they had at that moment, Jungkook could feel the fragrance of musk.

The fragrance might have been strong initially. But now, with enough time passed, only a mild wave of gentle scent, along with the rustic smell of dried blood is lingering around the closest distance of his body. Though the part of rustic smell was greater, Jungkook still didn't find it unpleasant.

The boy didn't seem to notice his presence. Jungkook reached out and tapped on his right arm gently. Struggling with the worry of what should he call the boy, he decided to go with the first work he could think of, looking at the boy.

"Handsome boy! Hey, handsome boy!"

The boy still didn't move. It hasn't been so long after Jungkook left. His condition was not so good, but not also too bad to be knocked out so soon.

Why did he fall unconscious?

Jungkook removed the arm from his forehead and carefully let it rest on his chest. With this movement, the boy seemed to be a bit irritated as his eyebrows clenched together forming a quick frown which didn't last longer.

So, he fall asleep due to intense pain? Interesting self defense mechanism. He seems to be a light sleeper though. 

Jungkook took off the mask. Bringing out the cotton he added some disinfecting liquid medicine in it. Then uncovering the the wounds of his left arm, he started to wipe away the blood that was already clotted. After the left arm, he went for the right one and then the other parts of the body. Being done with cleaning up, he started applying the healing medicine on the wounds.

This is another thing he learnt from experience. His mentor once said, "All the Supreme living beings got the same basic feature, they just give themselves different names in different universe."

If that's the case, the physical element of all supreme being is identical. The difference comes with the compilations of physical elements and soul elements. That means as long as Jungkook uses medicines that heal only the physical elements, there should not be any side effect on the soul elements.

The soul elements will eventually heal with time even if spiritual medicines are not applied. The injured soul just needs enough rest and nutrition. Moreover, he's a flake angel. He will be alright after a few days.

"You....what are you doing?"

Jungkook was so focused on applying medicines the he didn't notice when the handsome boy sat up being alarmed. Stepping out of his deep thought, when Jungkook had to put his attention on the boy, he unknowingly started to observe him closely.

His voice was deep like the blue ocean, mixed with his tiredness, it sounded so rich and calm, scary and scared at the same time. Jungkook got goosebumps at the back of his neck but he suppressed the chill with the plastic smile that he obtained from staying under the palace politics for his whole life. The purpose of that smile was to look harmless and it never failed.

"You don't need to be scared. I'm just applying some medicines that won't hurt your soul but will start healing your wounds. Don't worry."

Jungkook started applying the medicine silently. This time, not thinking about this and that, he focused on the boy only. He was surprised at the fact that how could someone have such a great feature not only on his face, but also all over his body. He had a firm figure. But that didn't hinder the tenderness of his skin.

At first Jungkook decided to be silent as he didn't want to scare the boy more. But his curiosity gave the cool away.

"May I ask your name, handsome boy?"

It was Taehyung's turn to get butterflies inside his stomach. It's not the first time someone called him handsome boy. But his tone of inquiring sounded more like admiring. Leaving the home for the first time out of childhood rebelling, Taehyung didn't came across this sort of admiration and gentleness ever again.

Moreover, he didn't notice earlier due to the mask the boy was wearing but now looking at him, he's quite handsome himself. It would be a lie if he said he was not moved. But being touched often comes with a price. Taehyung understood it the next second he parted his lips.

"Taehyung, Kim Taehyung."

He regretted for the emotion he felt just before he ended up telling the boy his birth name. Before, he told the boy he was a flake soul due to emergency. But this time he leaked quite a personal information accidentally. Taehyung saw him looking at a distance, forming a pout, thinking hard. It seemed to be his instinct of going through his memory. Taehyung low key got panicked. Does he recognize the name? But that's impossible. No one should know his birth name. It's the topmost secret of-

"Kim Taehyung? Means prosperity of nations? Sounds so royal."

Taehyung's way of thinking rushed like the cloud over tsunami area, with no sense of direction. Royal? Well it is royal. Tae didn't expect him to know the exact meaning of his highly traditional name. It proves how knowledgeable this boy is. He must have received profound knowledge under an erudite mentor. 

It won't be surprising to know he had more than one mentor. Was he the part of a royal family? It shouldn't be. He doesn't have the classy mannerism of the royal family. If it wasn't for his way of taking care of an injured person, his attitude looks pretty much like an arrogant rich brat, or occasionally with a vibe of a curious, adventurous kiddo, however, not suitable for surviving palace politics. He could at most be the beloved disciple of some lone wolf.

[Yan: Lone wolf is a term used to mean a highly knowledgeable or cunning person who loves to be mysterious and work alone. But his skill at his own job is the best.]

But again, the urgent part was not to overthink, but to think of a way to subtly move away the focus on the word ROYAL.

"No, it means, 'All dreams will come true'. My grandfather chose it."

Well, it wasn't a lie, neither was the one Jungkook guessed. But that doesn't matter as long as he doesn't suspect his identity. He's not ready to return that damn place yet, not before he gets successful with his collection plan of spiritual medicine.

As for Jungkook, he did no scheme except the one to look harmless despite of having a life of a dangerous flare soul. The name Taehyung sounded rather sweet than royal to him in reality. But boys tend to detest the word SWEET as a compliment. So he had to avoid it as an attempt to cheer up the mood of the injured sweet boy. Or probably because he subconsciously wanted to make friends with him, he unwarily decided to keep his own guards down while staying around the boy.

"Hey, I was named by my grandfather too. It's Jeon Jungkook, pillar of the nation."

The name seemed cool to Taehyung. But when his glance fell on the smile the boy was holding, the word in his dictionary about the boy changed to cute. It also popped out some words like- bubbly eyed, bunny smiled, lovely faced etc. But the word got out of his mouth was nothing different from the bunny boy sitting in front of him.

Taehyung smiled, "Now this name sounds royal."

That's the moment Jungkook's smile dropped. Tae was startled. Why would someone stop smiling at the middle of a conversation? Did he get offended somehow? Tae said awkwardly, "What happened?"

It took a good minute before Jungkook came to the ground from cloud nine and bring back the smile lingering at the corner of his lips.

"Taehyung! Your smile feels like the coolest stream in summer day, so handsome!"

"Huh?"

This time Tae broke into giggling. And of course he regretted being so alarmed around a little kid who seemed to be an actual harmless pet. Jungkook felt like his heart just melted like the butter on frying pan. The surroundings around them paused in black and white, where the only colorful one was the handsome boy he met moments ago. Jungkook suddenly remembered a book he read in mortal realm.

"Some encounters start with an accidents and that end up being the best moment of life. He came to my life like a shooting star and enlightened my inside like the brightest supernova. Are we friend? Or was it love? No matter what it is, he's the soulmate I ever longed for."

Were the author talking about this feelings? Jungkook asked himself.

Injured Taehyung stayed in Jungkook's secret basement for almost three months. In this time being the name Taehyung changed to Taetae, Jungkook changed to baby Koo, Taetae became JK's favorite singer and JK became Tae's favorite pillow.

Jungkook helped Tae to look for the spiritual medicines he was looking for. Taehyung taught him a rare technique of Flake Kingdom called "Wound Shifting." With this, the wound or abnormality of a living soul can be shifted to a cadaver and the injured soul can be saved.

The only thing they didn't know about each other was their actual identity. Jungkook put away the mask long ago but he couldn't tell Taehyung that he was the crown prince of this kingdom, nor did he ask Taehyung for his own identity.

Jungkook took him to mortal world for fun and they discovered a rare gem that could store spiritual power and forged it into the key of the secret basement, naming it Wizstone.

"So, why do you wanna call it Wizstone?"

Jungkook could pretty much understand the meaning behind the word Tae came up with. But he still asked, as he knows, Tae's way of describing things make it sound so classy and admirable. Is that what people calls art of words? Well Jungkook named it something else, "Tae Language." Pleasant to ear, but takes brain of a different intelligence level to get the whole thing. And Jungkook believes, he carries that level of intelligence to crack down the cute puzzles Tae comes up with.

"Wizstone means Wizard and stone. The word Wizard always comes with mystery, you know?"

As he thought, Tae is so into the word MYSTERY, so was Jungkook. In fact it has been their favorite topic all alone. But he won't let a single chance to tease his Taetae ever.

"It's just the key of our home, what's there to be mysterious about, Taetae?"

And just like Kook, Tae won't miss a single chance to mess with Jungkook either.

"You won't understand, kiddo!"

"I dare you to say that again!"

It worked! Taehyung was so over the moon for this victory.

"My goodness. You're so sensitive about your age, aren't you? Calling your senior by his name. It's still a bit rude, you know?"

"But you said we're best friends."

Jungkook had his defensive weapons hidden down his sleeves already. This bubbly eyes, Tae could never win against it. It has been the weakest point of Taehyung bout Jungkook.

"Alright. I admit defeat, happy? Now help me pack my things."

"Huh? Leaving already? Why!!!!!!!"

It was indeed a big shock for Jungkook. He knew Tae was not gonna spend rest of his life here. He knew Tae would leave soon. But he didn't expect it to be this sooner. It was like bold from the blue for him.

Taehyung, however, didn't bother to show any sign of regret. But deep down, he was even more reluctant then Jungkook. Having a complicated family like Kims, it has never been easy for him. He had been struggling and  struggling, for surviving through the dirty family politics.

It was the first time in his life someone made friends with him without any concern about his family background. It was the first time he was so happy that he didn't want to leave the place and go back to his own lifestyle. It was the first time someone has given him utmost care and affection.

It was the first time Taehyung could live freely, talk freely and behave freely without being concerned about any consequences. For a person like Taehyung who had been playing slave to his twisted fate and complicated surroundings, he had always been craving for a bother less life. And this place of Jungkook... it could be defined as the most ideal dreamland for him.

But again, throughout most of the part, life makes the call, not the human. And the slave of life, Kim Taehyung had to make a compromise again.

"My father is sick. I have to go back and help mom. I also have siblings to take care of. It's been almost three months. I can't be away from home this long, Koo."

Their meeting might not be too long but the words floating on that beautiful eyes of Taehyung were never a maze to Jungkook.

He knew, Taehyung won't stay even if he had begged falling on his knees. No matter what, he had to let go of the very first friend he made outside the palace.

Jungkook stepped forward and held Taehyung's hand with utmost affection, "Then.... if you return this time, how long would it take to come back?"

Taehyung could see the reluctance in Jungkook's eyes. His heart clenched with a sharp pain as if it was divided swiftly with the thinnest and cleverest spiritual sword. He still managed to keep the cool on his face, not wanting to hurt Jungkook even more.

Taehyung smiled, "I'm not clear about it. So, I can't promise you."

Jungkook's smile dropped. So, it was indeed a long separation. He wondered, would Taetae feel sad for leaving him like this? He didn't seem so. After all, it's not his fault. Jungkook was extremely reluctant and he didn't try to hide his worries even a slightest bit. After thinking for a second, he opened his mouth.

"Um....then keep the Wizstone with you. It's a long way back to your kingdom. I stored a bit spiritual power in it, might be in help in an emergency. Also, you can come back anytime you want. You're always welcome here."

"Hmm, I got it", replied Taehyung smilingly with all his emotions locked up inside his pulpy heart.

Like this they parted their ways at the end of that spring.

Leaves fell, season changed, so did the life. Jungkook waited for his best friend for God knows how long. Waiting for Tae, reminiscing the moments they shared, missing him like hell gradually became his strongest obsession that he could never even think of letting go. The only thing he regretted was to hold back himself from asking for Taetae's real identity before he left.

But time and tide wait for none. New crisis arises in the capital. Eventually, Jungkook had to go back to the capital, inherit his position as the crown prince and bear his responsibilities towards the subjects.

Being bounded by thousands of workloads couldn't force him out of his obsession. Instead, he appointed some of his trusted finks to look for his best friend Kim Taehyung.

Every royal member had to take a new title after inheriting his position. This title was pretty much like a pseudonym used by the emperor or his heirs instead of their birth name. It's because the birth name of royal family was believed to be too sacred to be uttered by common people. Jungkook decided to name himself WIZARD.

Surprisingly, another WIZARD was found near the capital, soon after the naming ceremony.

|| Hi, Nightingales! Missed me? Maybe! But you definitely missed my birthday. It was 28th April. Anyway, hope you are enjoying the flow of story. Or you aren't? Lemme know OK?||

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 78.3K 87
When the future mafia boss, Jeon Jungkook, ends up being roommates with Kim Taehyung, a broke university student who got disowned by his parents for...
34.7K 1.4K 18
[COMPLETED] TAEKOOK DRAMA CHEATING (not taekook) MAFIA FLUFF MENTION OF RAPE AND ABUSE HAPPY ENDING Jungkook married his boyfriend who he was in...
195K 10.4K 28
A man who had nothing to lose.. Kim Taehyung, a 22 year old CEO of the biggest company of South Korea, had nothing left to lose. He works from the sh...
6.3K 628 7
๐’๐„๐๐’๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐•๐„/๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š ๐“๐‡๐„๐Œ๐„๐’/๐‡๐„๐€๐•๐˜ ๐€๐๐†๐’๐“. โ”€โ”€โญ’โ”€โญ‘โ”€โญ‘โ”€โญ’โ”€โ”€ "How was he?" "He was an unexpected surpise" His tone cracked, and ey...