all too well // august horn a...

By theonlylovewitch

this is a story about august from young royals and the reader. it's starts off as a slow burn and then will t... More

info
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

2

275 8 0
By theonlylovewitch

i lifted up my suitcase and duffel bag and placed them on top of my bed. i opened them and began unpacking all of my clothes and other belongings.

as i was placing all of my clothes on my bed, it dwelled upon me. where the hell is my closet? do i even have one?
thinking back to my initial scanning of my dorm, i didn't recall seeing one. but there had to be one.

i walked gave a quick look to the main part of the room then at the door. to the left, right across the bathroom door, there was another door. a sliding one.
i came closer to it and slowly turned the handle to open it.

ah. there's the closet.

by the time i was done organising all my clothes, putting up decorations i had brought, getting out school supplies, and setting up the bathroom, i checked my phone for the time.

'19:01 P.M' it read.

i had to get ready quickly to i'd make it to dinner on time. it was definitely going to be an experience. i never was a puntual person, so i needed to figure out how to get dressed and do my makeup in less than 25 minutes.
i strolled over to my new closet and started going through my clothes. i grabbed a black dress to wear to the dinner, and a pair of black flats to match it.

i changed into the dress and shoes, then looked at myself in the mirror.

yeah no.

the dressed looked too formal for a simple dinner, and the flats made me look short. also, the color was too gloomy.
i went back to my closet and searched through my clothes again; changed; looked at myself in the mirror; hated it; and went back.

this vicious cycle continued for at least fifteen minutes. by then, the clean dorm carpet had turned into a mess of clothes and shoes sprawled out all over it. i was wasting my time being indecisive.
reluctantly, i picked out a cherry-coloured minidress with red lace on it. it was one of my favorites; my mom had given it to me the year before, on my 16th birthday. though, as pretty as it was, i wasn't sure it was 'first dinner at my new boarding school' pretty. nonetheless, i had no time at this point, so i settled and wore it. i paired it with sheer black tights and knee high boots.

if i was going to freeze in the weather while wearing a short sleeve dress, i might as well would've had mercy on myself and wore more on my bottom half.

checking out the outfit in the mirror, it was okay. gorgeous- but maybe sweden had a different sense of style than spain did.

i attempted to do minimal makeup in the 10 minutes i had left.

concealer, mascara, crimson blush, and red-ish lipstick.

i grabbed my phone and keys; stepping out of my dorm. i walked down the hallway into the common room area. it seemed everyone had left for dinner already. it was empty, other than one girl.
she had a short stature with short brown hair, and brown eyes.
i made eye contact with her and figured maybe she'd tell me where the dining room is.

"...hello?" i asked, hoping she knew english.
"hi." she replied.
"do you know where the dining room is?"
"yes."

i waited for an answer but she didn't add anything else.

"can you take me there?" i smiled at her, guiltily; embarrassed i was being persistent.
"uhh- yes, i can." she said looking back at me.

she looked at me up and down.

"...are you new?" she asked.
"um.. yeah. i'm new, i just moved here from madrid, spain. nice to meet you. y/n l/n." i said, giving her a small smile; reaching out my hand to her.

she shook my hand and nodded.

"my name is sara."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.3K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
170K 2.6K 68
Since these prove to be quite popular, I decided to some one shots of Pedro Pascal and his numerous characters. They will include but are not limited...
3.9K 74 14
The story is basically what I'd like to happen in season 2 of sk8 the infinity. I know most of these things won't happen or at least in this way but...
2.9K 649 12
[ᴀ ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] Jeongguk is an adrenaline junkie. Taehyung has a fear of heights. In order to help Taehyung to get over it, Jeongguk decides...