Altruism | Part Three : Sacri...

By ScarlettSinger

"Let me be your light at the end of the tunnel" - Ana Cabrera Ana Cabrera is a Cuban immigrant. She lives in... More

Cast - Season Three
Episode One
Episode Two
Episode Three
Episode Four
Episode Five
Episode Six
Episode Seven
Episode Nine
Episode Ten
Episode Eleven
Episode Twelve
Episode Thirteen
Episode Fourteen

Episode Eight

1.5K 53 2
By ScarlettSinger

"I can't believe him." Lucy groans.

"what's up?" Ana asks, softly, sitting down next to Lucy before roll call starts.

"He broke up with me over text, what is he, 14?" Lucy explains.

Ana looks over Lucy's shoulder to read the text.

"it's not... ideal" Ana agrees, softly. "he didn't tell you why or anything either"

"that's what I'm saying" Lucy exclaims.

"I'm sorry" Ana apologizes, softly.

Tim stops in front of their table, handing Ana a peanut butter milkshake.

"thank you" Ana giggles, biting her lip.

"Did Emmett talk to you about this?" Lucy asks, showing Tim the text.

"No. Why would he?" Tim shrugs.

"Because you're friends." Lucy answers.

"We don't talk feelings. We drink and watch sports together." Tim answers.

"That's guy for "friends."" Lucy responds.

"Look, you want my advice? Walk it off. He's clearly not the right guy for you." Tim decides, before walking back to his table.

"That is the same advice he would give me if I got hit by a pitch. What is wrong with men?" Lucy complains.

"well, you're riding with Harper now, that's a plus" Ana mentions, softly.

"definitely, and it's not awkward with Nolan at all, I love it" Lucy agrees. "Harper is so badass"

"she is" Ana agrees, softly.

[Timeskip]

"Sir, feel free to call us if his stereo gets that loud again." Tim says, before they start walking back to their shop.

"Luce keeps texting me about Emmett" Ana frowns. 

Then Lucy calls her.

"Luce?" Ana asks.

"Hey, put me on speaker, I need to talk to Tim" Lucy says.

Ana obeys, putting the phone on speaker.

"Have you ever been dumped out of the blue before?" Lucy asks over the phone.

"Let me think. One time, my wife left the house in the middle of the night and I didn't see her again for two years." Tim answers, before hanging up the phone and handing it back to Ana.

"I'm sorry about Isabel" Ana says, softly.

"You apologize for that every time she's brought up" Tim mentions.

"well... it was terrible" Ana frowns.

"it was, but it was for the best, I've moved on" Tim answers as they approach the cruiser.

"Somebody tagged our shop?" Ana asks, softly, seeing the graffiti on their shop.

"It can't be. It's been almost a decade." Tim freezes.

"what?" Ana questions, now confused.

"No, it's definitely him. The color palette, the angle of the letters." Tim realizes.

"Tim, what's going on?" Ana asks, softly.

"Control to 7-Adam-19, I've got an on view felony, five-ninety-four. I'm setting the Command Post at Pico and La Brea. Start me enough units for a six-block perimeter, a canvass team, a forensic team, air support, notify the Press Information Officer." Tim says over the radio, making Ana's eyes widen.

[Timeskip]

"Look, 3Eyez was active from 2006 to 2010. Victims all over the city. Just when I thought I got close to catching him, he stopped. I thought maybe he died or got arrested on other charges. I still check VICAP every three months to see if he pops up in another city." Tim explains.

"wow, what was his main crime?" Ana asks, softly.

"This. He's a tagger. Cost the city hundreds of thousands of dollars." Tim answers.

"but, that's just property damage... do you have some personal connection with 3Eyes?" Ana asks, softly.

"My T.O. was chasing a suspect. I was guarding a vehicle full of evidence." Tim explains.

"so it happened right under your nose?" Ana questions, softly, doing her best not to laugh.

"I was ordered to keep my eyes on the car. I had just left the Army, where you follow orders to a "T."" Tim laughs.

"I can imagine the teasing was brutal, did they give you a nickname?" Ana giggles.

"No." Tim lies and Ana knows he's lying.

"so you want to get him because it's personal?" Ana asks, softly, sobering up.

"He's a criminal, and it's our job to stop him." Tim insists.

"b-but even if we do find him, it'll just be a misdemeanor, and we can get a fresh shop" Ana offers, softly.

[Timeskip]

"Heart attack?" Ana asks, running over to them.

"No! It's just my back." Grey exclaims.

"Where is the tagger?" Tim questions.

"He went left around the corner." Jackson answers Tim's question.

"Stay here and call an ambulance." Tim orders.

"got it" Ana promises, softly, and Tim sprints off.

"Aah!" Grey yells, trying to sit up.

"Look, don't move." West insists.

"Sir, please don't get up" Ana pleads, softly.

[Timeskip]

"Officer Cabrera, remind me. Which one of us gives the orders?" Grey asks, starting to stand up.

"You do, sir." Ana answers, softly.

"Yeah" Grey groans.

"Did you lose consciousness at any point?" A paramedic (Tanner) asks, kneeling down to Grey's level while Ana grabs him a water.

"No." Grey answers.

"Any pain in your chest?" Tanner questions.

"No, I threw my back out. It happens two times a year, like clockwork." Grey explains.

"Well, I still gotta take you in, make sure there's nothing else. So, your friend's going out with Emmett, right?" Tanner asks, turning 

"she was" Ana says, softly.

"Oh. Sorry. Makes sense, though, if he did it to ask you out. You're gorgeous." Tanner flirts, making Ana uncomfortable.

"Uh, do I really need to be here for this?" Grey asks.

"I, uh, finished canvassing. No one got a good look at the tagger." Jackson announces, coming over and saving both Ana and Grey.

"We're ready to transport him. You'll follow?" Tanner asks Ana.

"Um, no, I have to wait for my TO, but Jackson will definitely be better than me." Ana answers, softly and awkwardly.

"Too bad. You want to go out later? Tonight?" Tanner questions.

"um, no thank you" Ana replies, softly, shifting awkwardly.

Tanner's face falls.

"Boot, let's go." Tim says, walking over and having heard the entire conversation.

Ana is very relieved to see him, nodding and following him back to the shop. Jackson looks between the two and smirks.

[Timeskip]

"what was that?" Tim asks, the second they get into the shop.

"um, Tanner I think is his name, he's friends with Emmett and knows Lucy" Ana starts, softly.

"and he asked you out?" Tim questions, raising an eyebrow.

"yeah" Ana nods.

"huh" Tim says, turning his attention back to the road.

"I said no" Ana promises, softly.

"why?" Tim asks. "I could see him being someone you would like, if you have similar tastes to Lucy"

"b-because-" 

because I've fallen hard for you.

That's what Ana wants to say, instead she says:

"he's Lucy's ex's friend, it just seems wrong" Ana lies, pathetically.

There are a few moments of silence.

"You read the file. You think 3Eyez is done for the day?" Tim asks.

"probably not, he tagged two police cars which will just be repainted and he didn't get to finish his work on the building... so he'll probably want to make something permanent, make his statement" Ana answers, softly.

"Exactly. And we'll be there to catch him. "Eagle Eye."" Tim says.

"hmm?" Ana hums, softly, confused.

"The nickname I got. Uh, after the shop got tagged under my nose." Tim explains, making Ana stifle a giggle.

"But it wasn't my T.O. who came up with it. It was Isabel. Kind of became her pet name for me." Tim continues.

"that's cute" Ana smiles, though her heart breaks the tiniest bit inside.

"Yeah." Tim nods.

"7-Adam-19. Falling accident 8950 South Ridgley Drive. Injuries unknown." Dispatch says over the radio.

"7-Adam-19, responding." Ana replies over the radio while Tim turns on the lights and starts to speed to the accident.

[Timeskip]

"Ma'am, don't move." Tim says, kneeling down to help a woman who is groaning in pain.

"All right? An ambulance is on its way." Tim promises.

"I think it's broken." A woman, 3Eyez, says, holding up a broken arm.

"Tim?" Ana asks, softly.

"Just one second. Ma'am, can you tell me exactly what happened?" Tim asks.

"Tim" Ana insists.

"You're 3Eyez?" Tim asks, looking up to see 3Eyez.

Ana, meanwhile, turns her attention back to the woman and trying to keep her calm and still until the ambulance arrives.

"W-W-What? N-No." 3Eyez lies.

"You tagged my shop. Twice." Tim says.

"It's not as easy as it used to be. I'm exhausted." 3Eyez groans.

[Timeskip]

"So, I gotta know -- why'd you start up again after all these years?" Tim asks as they process her.

"My husband dumped me for his massage therapist. And I realized I wasted the last seven years of my life." 3Eyez explains.

"So what? You wanted to get back at him for leaving you?" Tim questions.

"No. I just...wanted to feel young again." 3Eyez sighs.

"You're being charged with a misdemeanor. You'll have to pay a fine. Otherwise, you're free to go. And for what it's worth... ...you're still young. And your husband's an idiot." Tim says as he removes her handcuffs.

"Thanks." 3Eyez says before walking away.

Ana frowns at how he said "your husband's an idiot" before reminding herself that she's not dating Tim, no matter how much she wants to be. 

[Timeskip]

"Hey" Tanner says, approaching her.

"Tanner" Ana exhales, shakily.

"I know you said no to the date but I came by to see if you'd be willing to rethink your answer" Tanner answers.

"um..." Ana glances to see Tim heading into the men's locker room. 

"no thank you, I'm sorry, um, but Lucy is here and she might be interested" Ana offers, softly.

[Timeskip]

Later that night, Ana gets a text from Lucy.

"Thanks for the date!!!!!" - Lucy

Ana sends her a smiley face back before rolling back over in her bed and cuddling into her pillow that has Tim's shirt on it. His scent has almost entirely faded away and Ana hates it.

Tim's words echo in Ana's mind for the rest of the night.

"your husband's an idiot"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 1 14
This is a *𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲* written story about two people that were 𝘯𝘰𝘵 blessed upon the throne. Having to break apart from the shadows of t...
20K 366 17
you and me can be what we want to be / don't you let this come falling down me / I can hold it in my arms / and I don't expect anything in return | p...
2.2K 40 13
This story is going to be about Station 19 and The Rookie together. Warning- This may contain smut, traumatic events, graphic language.
4.1K 773 85
Amelia is turning eighteen and that marks ten years of her having to wait for a new heart . Not everyone knows about her condition . As she continues...