Puck, The Fine Lines |The Roc...

By prayersimeon

In light of my breakup last year really affected me in many ways but not every famous artist writes breakup s... More

Dedication
Characters aesthetic
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine (part one)
Chapter ten (part two)
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen part-one
Chapter Nineteen part-two
Chapter Twenty
Author notes
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter Thirty-three

Chapter Five

1 0 0
By prayersimeon

Rochelle's POV

Arriving at the hockey hospital to go get this kitten to inspect with mighty Mason was what everyone else called him on the campus as I knocked on the door I heard a chorus of yelling from the boys telling each other to get the door until he was finally standing right in front of me you know, the messy gorgeous dark brown bed hair, the grey joggers bottom hanging almost below his waist and shirtless leaning against the door frame smirking at me whilst he holds the kitten in his hands so I take a picture of it.

The small kitten started purring as it jumped out of his hands and gently landed on the floor walking towards me so I picked it up from off the ground and I stroked its furs carefully hearing its smooth purr meant that the kitten appreciated the attention of being in my arms.

"Hey, I hope I didn't disturb your beauty sleep by coming early, did I?" I jokingly asked as i Nudged his shoulder.

I watched him run his hand through his hair when he quickly rushed upstairs to his room to get ready to go and then he came back downstairs fully clothed taking his duffle bag with him as his friends who were playing on the Xbox saw me and waved at me. We walked out of the house and headed into his car having the window slightly open in a quiet car ride.

"To answer your question earlier, no you didn't disturb my beauty sleep by coming five minutes ahead of the time." he said whilst paying attention to the road.

No music was playing through his car radio even if i did used my earphone then, it might be consider rude so i sighed not quite sure what to say or do but common on Elle, not every guy you meet and know was going to turn out to be exactly like your ex-boyfriend for heaven's sake, you can learn to trust again knowing how chaotic your life was right now was the prime example of why you were single in the first place; my mind reminded me of my current ongoing trust issues at least i was going to allowed myself to let this day be complete bust. In the meantime, we arrived at the university library to use their computer as well as printer to create a poster for this lovely cute kitten, therefore,I get out if the car walking to the back seat door to take out the kitten who I kept on feeding it cat treats yet luckily, I knew that the librarian Hilda love cats which mean we didn't get told off by her because i for one was going for the thrill of it basically just going with wherever the flow take me.

We spend twenty five minutes to agrees on missing poster idea once we were done with it, we just started to mess around alongside each other as i stood up to stretched my legs to get rid of all this ache and pain caused by pins and needles jointed through my legs since it fell asleep during working so hard on a kitten which i wanted to keep in regardless of me not allowed to have a pet of any sort in my housing building room due to one person in the housing building tried to keep her dog Sally. However, she gotten caught by the landlord of the building unfortunately our efforts to help her hide weren't in vain since we told the landlord it was a therapy dog going it service.

"How about the title for our missing kitten poster should be something like this? Find this kitten a Purr-fect home."i suggested to him.

Hopefully, he loves my idea it just flow right into my head this play-on or puns for a kitten to draws the audience attention which would make this easier for us to find this kitten rightful owner as i explained the reason for this pun whilst i heard him deep throaty chuckle at my idea about the puns . i was little bit unsure if it was cheesy or otherwise i might have to rethink my title for it again immediately as i looked at him, he started to sobered up sitting up on his chair not once have i heard this kitten meows to see if this kitty likes that was totally unbelievable like he rested his chin in his palm stroking it as if he was thinking about what to say. I was prepared for him to tell me the honest brutal truth in his opinion too.

"I really think your clever cute pun but purr-haps, we needed to try something different."he said truthfully to me.

Did he really try to spare my feelings?

And people say that he was one of the brutally honest out of the group yet he was being super kind to me even when i had month on end cat puns for days nonetheless, i couldn't help smiling at the fact that he haven't gotten tired of me any sooner not to mentioned we were sorta bonding over the kitten i had recently named Bella or Mitten yesterday over the phone to Mason beside it was the most majestic kitten that i had ever seen in my whole entire life. Anyways, he was showing me another different side to him that his friends didn't get to see you know, the caring, wonderful, charming and funny side it made me wanted to change my aura or genres of music from Reputation to folklore to Fearless album all in one day who knows what next album i might listened to Lover. Simply because I was getting my hope again having a little of The Cellings Effect i happened to prescribe myself as a bit of a romantic hence the ring on my index finger that i bought for myself to tell me that i was loved.

Accidentally, i slipped when a heavy library book drop on my foot feeling the instant  piercing pain crushing my foot in  a millisecond later, he catches me right in his arms as i gazed up into his brown hazel eyes just like a scene from a YA romantic book. And honestly, why on Earth was i so clumsy today?  At least it gave me somethings to write about in my songbook and then my brain told me not to be too foolish again unless, i wanted another heartbreak no one was going to stay after my long recovery from an toxic relationship. Just breathe! He was just a boy even if he got the boyish look that I like that made him look like a man, not even my heart could get the memo. Gosh, it was highly embarrassing for me at this moment.

All my brain could come up with was "Hey Mason."

To be betrayed by my own brain says a lot about the effect that he had over me. I was a smart intellectual who failed to come up with more than two syllable words. If she was heard then she would blame it all on the music that I loved to listen to typical parents.

"Yes, Songbird?"he asked with his eyes bore into my eyes.

No one fricken understands this type of feeling better than I did! He helps me to sit back down my chair as he called a freshmen to go get us an ice-pack from the nursery office, he never wanted to leaves me side just in case something bad happens whenever he wasn't there to comfort me for a matter of fact, i think he scared the freshmen as he barked order to the poor guy. In addition to this all eyes were on us until they all got back to what they did before all of this commotion impact their focus and boomed the perfect title came to me in a amazing light bulbs moment shortly after, i noticed his slight glances whilst he grinned at me from the corner of my eyes. Someone please tell me that i was not delusional for the one thousand times today i battled head and heart for someone who i only know through other people.

"Why do you look at me like that?"I questioned him curiously.

Afterwards, a freshman guy came back to give me an ice-pack in a hurry to the exit of the library, and luckily for me, a Lion was my favorite animal after cats or dogs. He might be a bad boy type of boy, if people could see underneath his exterior compared to his interior he was a great guy once you get to know him. I know that from here was where our story was supposed to begin, not some foreshadowing of how two ancient souls who were once beautifully intertwined fall apart for so many years until now I felt like I had known him my whole life but previously we met two years ago. Wow did i just think that i most definitely got the chills now.

Here was the thing about me though, I constantly kept second-guessing everything and needed a simple reassurance because that was the doubt, it eats up every last tiny shred of hope that was left and leaves you feeling emotionally exhausted in so many ways too.

"Like what Songbird?"He asked me to elaborate on my point.

Regarding, this guessing game where he was entirely sure that he wasn't looking at me like I was the most significantly stunning girl in the library, well I know for a fact that he was as I was trying to concentrate on finishing the final edit for our posters and my friends were probably wondering where I went this morning. I went back to work on the poster when I saw a flash of a phone camera had slightly startled me to know he has been taken unseen pictures of me on his phone before I could ask him why was he taking pictures of me, he stood up out of his seat to prepare to fetched the freshly printed posters.

"Like.... I'm something special or beautiful?"I answered his questions with a question of my own.

Uncertain of where he had gone off to.

"Isn't that what you are to me?" he whispered with his lips slightly brushed against my neck caused by his breathing a tickle sensation down my spine.

Everything felt easy with him. Like, he actually cares about my health and wellness, unlike my ex-boyfriend who reminds me that famous musicians' bodies were much slimmer than abundance. Not to mention that Tristan commented on my weight telling me to eat less fat or else I wasn't allowed to be seen as his girlfriend. I was so glad that the bridge between the two of us was demolished now.

Mason made me feel seen as a person and made me realise that it was worth it to get to know me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 2.1K 57
I'm pretty sure you've heard of the story of a famous teen celebrity and a normal guy falling in love. Well, this is my story. Once upon a time ther...
59.5K 2.3K 68
Life is Freedom. You make your own choices, good or bad. You choose the people you surround yourself with, whether they bring out the best in you or...
516K 18K 75
All Harry Styles ever wanted to do was play hockey. It was his passion in life, and the only thing he ever really felt he was good at. Without it, he...
120K 4.7K 45
Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown couldn't be more different: Finn is a world famous musician, with millions of fans who adore him, more money tha...