Classroom of the Elite: The R...

By Rayalticus

With the goal and thought of achieving a peaceful school life in mind far from the experience of the White Ro... More

Subject 1: The First Pawn Move
Subject 2: Black Pawn Replied Back
Subject 3: Opening to the Queen's Gambit
Subject 4: Quotes of Two Geniuses
Subject 5: Opening the Island's Curtain
Subject 6: Broken Black Queen (Mature)
Subject 7: The First Unfortunate Black Move
Subject 8: The Hands of the White Board
Subject 9: Redemption From the Black King
Subject 10: An Intriguing Disclosed Secrets
Subject 11: The Opening to the Shuffle Game
Subject 12: A Red Piece Entered the Match
Subject 13: It's Named Shuffle Test for Reasons
Subject 14: All Began in the White Board (Mature)
Subject 16: The Tool for Everyone Involved
Subject 17: Well, That Was Quicker than I Thought

Subject 15: Aftermath of the Royal Fight

192 6 0
By Rayalticus

If I wanted to give my opinion on this matter...

The move of removing Arisu out of the picture has created some unwanted effects to the entire school. Especially A Class. The absent state that she's once represent in the entire A Class, coupled by the fact that she was also probably the one that controlled and secured everything from going pandemonium seems...

A little dire.

Still, I think if I were to let her go and negotiate with her own terms, she would create more and more harder obstacle, essentially tormenting every student in the school inside her puppet strings only for her to have some 'fun' with me.

Not that I care. I simply thought of her plans as annoying, sometimes borderline dangerous to every party involved. Not to mention the legacy she left off for the Paper Shuffle.

Which was...certainly a mess to clean up.

'What a headache.'

Well, the thing of B Class targeting our class for the exam would probably shut Ryuuen's connection with Kushida. I suppose that's one way to see it.

A day after Horikita has submitted the target of D Class to Chabashira-sensei. The tensions were slightly high as they're in a phase to prepare a question to C Class.

Or so they thought.

It was the moment as Chabashira-sensei entered our class. The sounds of her footsteps were heard from miles away. Her entrance only to serve her indication of her beginning of her teaching in our class for this day.

Weighing by the tense feeling, most of D Class sat still.

As she started her lesson, she then begins her sentence with her usual greeting before giving us a little notice about the Paper Shuffle.

"D Class, you'll be nominated to attack and defend against B Class."

Except for me, the decision-making team in particular are confused by this announcement. Soured yet not revealing it by the school's decision, Horikita and asked about the outcome.

"Chashibara-sensei, could I asked to what happen to our nomination to attack C Class?"

"Your nomination has been voided from A Class choosing to target the same class."

Whispers than sprouts from the students. With the thought they're attacking C Class, they felt a little betrayed and more bewildered by the school system, proven by Yukimura expanding on Horikita's question.

"Sensei, I thought the rules said that for the classes that nominate the same class, they'll ask the class representatives to draw lots,"

"But, we as class rep hasn't been notified for this process. May I asked what happen?" Horikita continued.

My eyes reflexively twitched from their question. I knew what happen, I was the one who decided the D Class stance to nominate C Class after all.

"You might not believe it, but one of you has already made that choice for all of you."

Those words sent shocks through the entire class. Whispers turned into grumbles. Feeling betrayed by the earlier news that Horikita stated D Class will be nominated to attack B Class.

"Chabashira-sensei, can you further explain what do you mean?" Horikita asked once again. Unable to comprehend the meaning behind Chashibara-sensei's words. Which is fair for her.

"It is as I said, Horikita-san. One of you has already made the choice to compete with A Class for the chance to nominate C Class to attack, yet that choice has been lost. That's all I could say."

Hearing a faint message notification, I looked at my phone to find Karuizawa's message. I then glanced at her direction to see that she was still typing.

Curious, only in urgent conditions where she usually type a message to me. Bored listening to other rumours going around which is slowly been extinguished by both Hirata and Horikita's words, I opened my phone to check what she was typing on it.

"Were you the person who made that choice that Chabashira-sensei said?"

She's suspecting me. I suppose the tactics and strategies that I taught to her during her down time weren't for naught. Oh, the reason that I haven't referenced it was because I thought it wasn't very important to mention.

"And what made you think of that?"

"Well, I have nothing to proof that it was you, just some intuition that you were probably up to something like this."

"Pointing fingers at someone without any clear proof will lead you to nothing, Karuizawa-san."

She stopped typing afterwards. For now, I've silenced her. The fact that she wasn't typing anymore shows that she didn't have anything to return with.

The class then returned to usual after Chabashira-sensei stepped up to teach us.

'I need to evaluate my steps after this.'

***

Now arriving outside, I breathed the refreshing air once again.

The autumn wind grazes my skin. I've walked upon stairs after stairs to reach the place where it all begin. Where the first gauntlet was thrown. Where the conclusion to my first problem were settled.

Chessboard where the moss and plants has been growing on it ever since it was placed. Chess pieces where it takes strength to even move one piece. I sighed in the sight of it. It has been a while since I've visited this place.

Later, I noted that all the pieces on this board weighs 50 kilo. A metal piece coated with wooden planks of the highest quality.

'How considerate of her to thought of.'

Gazing into the Sakura tree, where it once again blossoming pink, a certain feeling fills the air. Perhaps the memory of the past?

To enjoy more of the scenery, I sat down at the chair that was nailed to the ground. The perspective it was offering was my side of the board. Without I even realize it, I was closing my eyes, to let myself in the moment.

Where the sound of the leaves rustling against the relative cold breeze. Where the sound of chatter is nonexistence. This is what I've dreamt inside this school. An absent of powerful force.

A sudden thought then pass through my mind. A memory reminisced of the past. It was a moment inside the white room...

***

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun. What's your hobby?"

"Hobby? What's that?"

"It's the thing that you like. That you wanted to do multiple times." The girl exclaimed. Her expression is one of those of anticipation.

"The things that I wanted to do..."

"Yeah, I'm sure you have some, right? For me is to use other people to do my bidding."

"Really?"

"Mhmm, now that I've revealed mine, how's yours then?" Tilting her head, the girl leans her face to me.

"Never thought about it."

"You're not lying to me, right?" The girl let out a slight pout on her face. In response to her somewhat breaking my personal space, I turned my face aside and shrug.

"It's not beneficial to lie about everything."

"I've never seen you this honest, you know?" The girl smirked. I'd done something to amuse her but I'm stumped at the reason.

"How about chess? You've always played that with me."

All I could is letting out an obvious silent to give an illusion of me thinking.

"I consider it."

"See? You've found your hobby. Playing chess. Isn't that good, Ayanoko- No, Kiyo-kun?" Once again, the girl smirked followed by a short chuckle. And I still do not get what made her feel amused by my action.

"Did you find something funny?"

"Not really. I just found you interesting considering you've never revealed this much of your personality."

"I like you." She said, leaning further into my body with a sly smirk.

All I could respond with was my usual blank stare. From her tone it's obvious that she's lying.

"How's that, did I make you skip a bea-"

"I like you, too." I replied back.

From what I learned, you need to return back that sentence specifically as it was a basic form of formal courtesy, and also, it's to pry open the other person's view on you. I never thought that one sentence has a lot of practical use but I used it that time.

Her eyes twitched for a second before she scoffed. "Your insensitivity is simply outrageous."

'She got me ther-'

"But...next time when you try that, at least apply some feelings to it. So...umm...It could be a little...convincing." From her reply, it felt like she went through hills and mountains just to say that.

Still, even though her response were a bit half ended. Her flushed face tells it all.

'Ah, that explains it all.' I assumed confidently. Nodding my head to my speculation, faint enough to not be noticed by her.

"Do you have a fever? Sorry, I was sick the other day s-"

"How indifferent do you even need to be?" Her expression changed once again. Her smile now turned flat as she was...disappointed? At this point I've given up at reading her entirely.

***

Opening my eyes, returning back to reality. I never thought half a day has passed already. It was now 7 at night. And it looked like I've taken a nap on the chair.

Thinking that it would get worse, I stopped my mind to thought about the past further. Suddenly, a realization has reached to me upon my gaze to the black sky above me.

"I haven't even review everything that I need to."

At my walk back to my dorm, I've now simplified and concluded somethings over this new normal without Arisu.

First, the speed in which I've taken Arisu out might proof disastrous. Serving as a confirmation to Ryuuen that something sinister has gone by in the back. It was also made the leader of B Class, in which I speculate was Ichinose breaking off from Arisu's influence and now thread their own path.

Second, the reason I've raised Karuizawa by feeding her knowledge after knowledge was to ensure her loyalty and making her the tool to defeat Arisu in the future. But seeing that the latter has been achieve without even the need of her, I would doubt the former would last long without me giving her special attention. In which I do not want to do for long.

Third, the devolving state in which D Class was in. For example, I suspect Kushida did not take to kindly about the plan in which she has formed carefully with Ryuuen was derailed so easily by B Class decision to nominate their attack to C Class. An outrage from her would be expected. Still, at least that solved that problem.

Taking all of them into the account, amongst with other factors in D Class, meaning that; I needed to protect Karuizawa from Hirata's slow aggression, and also to integrate her slowly into my piece, incase of Arisu trying to do something unprecedented once again.

***

Few days after that, an announcement about the pairing was posted on the white board. And coincidentally...

I was paired with Karuizawa.

'Well, that just threw a wrench into my organized plans.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 789 33
This is a story about ayanokoji kiyotaka (mc) who was released from the white room and was brought to Tokyo Metropolitan advance Nurturing high schoo...
34K 1K 12
A story that focuses on the romantic development between Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Sakayanagi Arisu. This takes place during Volume 11.5 of Year 1, and...
356K 11.6K 41
In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka the masterpiece of the white room has escaped from the white room with the help of a few acquaintances from the...
71.5K 1.9K 12
FanFiction, dedicated to the anime named Classroom of The Elite. I do not own the characters and places throughout the story. However, the plot will...