γ€ο½ο½‰ο½“ο½“γ€€ο½”ο½ˆο½…γ€€ο½ο½ο½’ο½‹γ€‘| Crosshair x...

By defiantminstrel103

𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 πšŠπš›πšŽ πšŒπš˜πš–πš–πš˜πš— πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disl... More

Intro
γ€ο»Ώο½ο½‰ο½“ο½“γ€€ο½”ο½ˆο½…γ€€ο½ο½ο½’ο½‹γ€‘
γ€ο»ΏοΌ²ο½™ο½Œο½ο½Žο½Žγ€‘
γ€ο»ΏοΌ£ο½’ο½ο½“ο½“ο½ˆο½ο½‰ο½’γ€‘
01 | Temple Matters
02 | Into Kamino
03 | Guessing Games
04 | Hitting Walls
05 | Scheming
06 | Stunned
07 | Mindset
08 | Mindgames
09 | Carry the Weight
10 | The Medic
11 | Kitchen Plans
12 | The Collaboration of the Century
13 | The Master's Return
14 | Project Conduit
15 | Confrontation
16 | Planning and Schemes
17 | Surprises
18 | The Gift
19 | Omega
20 | Old Tally
21 | Hawk, Nova, Phoenix
22 | Premonition
23 | Doctor's Orders
24 | Teachers and Students
25 | Fight or Flight
26 | Flying Lessons
27 | Reannor City
28 | Gerasko
29 | Flighted Minds
30 | The Mission
31 | To Mandalore
32 | The Capital
33 | Technical Difficulties
34 | Wynn Avunn
35 | The Shot
36 | For What It's Worth
37 | Pros and Cons of Being Arrested
38 | Decisions
39 | The Fight
40 | Goodbyes
41 | Greetings
42 | The 501st
43 | Duty Calls
44 | New Students
45 | Distractions
46 | Mentors
47 | Lessons of Forms
48 | Inquiries
49 | Echoes of the Past
50 | Sil's Plan
51 | Unfinished Business
52 | Freeing
53 | Answers, But Not Really
54 | No Need To Ask
55 | Recollections of Old
56 | Answers, But Definitely More Confusing
57 | Worst-Case Scenario
58 | Encouragement
Author's Note
60 | Looking for Masters
61 | Only For You
62 | Rylann's First 79s Experience
63 | Get A Kriffing Coaster
64 | Oh, How The Tides Had Turned
65 | Then Do Something About It
66 | Trials
8 months later...
67 | Undercover Investigating
68 | How To Almost Die Three Times, A Crash Course With Rylann
69 | The Ultimate Payback
70 | Talks of Proposals
71 | Flying, Smelly Boots
72 | Tears or Rain. Maybe Both.

59 | The Reality of Losses

361 20 49
By defiantminstrel103

22 BBY, Month 10

Rylann

Rylann sat cross-legged on her bed, her books from late-night reading surrounding her. She couldn't focus on them for the anxiety of her upcoming Trials and sorta-relationship with Crosshair. Over the past couple of days, Cross had been helping her control her emotions. And it was easier than she thought it would be. She wasn't suppressing them. She was just playing a part. Crosshair always had Delta on the forefront of his mind, but Rylann chose Tally, Shaak Ti's padawan prodigy. If she pretended to be the level-headed know-it-all, Rylann should be able to get on the good side of the Council.

But that was something she'd have to practice later. Crosshair was waiting for her outside to escort her to the boys motel. Taking a deep breath, Rylann stood up, making her way to the fresher so she could start the day, but she had a feeling to look at her side table. She glanced back, watching as the datapad she stole from the Archives started glowing. Tech had returned it after he looked at it, not able to find much more in the encrypted files. But why was it glowing?

She walked over to the side table, picking the datapad up to look at the screen. Never turn your back, the screen read before it started blinking red. The hairs raised on Rylann's arms as reality set in. It was going to explode. Using the force, Rylann threw a book from her bed into the window, breaking it open and flung the datapad outside. Almost immediately as it left the premises, the datapad exploded, sending shrapnel everywhere. Rylann ducked behind her bed, cursing to herself at her negligence. How could she assume that Death Watch would just be okay with her having their file? And if they knew where it was when she stole it, they knew where it was now.

Chills ran up her spine. Did it have cameras or a microphone? Surely Tech would have noticed if it did. Did they know about her secrets? Know about her weaknesses and strengths? Even in her own room she wasn't safe.

The door flew open as Shaak Ti entered, saber drawn with Crosshair at her side. The sight of her two most trusted friends made Rylann burst into tears. She almost died. Again.

Shaak Ti clipped her saber to her belt, rushing to Rylann's side to embrace the shaking girl. "Shh, it's all going to be okay," her master said. "You are alright."

"The datapad," Rylann said, sniffing as her eyes veered to the window. "It told me to never turn my back and almost exploded in my face."

"But you thought quickly and saved yourself," Shaak Ti said, gesturing to Crosshair. "Can you check the room for anything else?"

Crosshair grunted, bidding the Jedi's request. Shaak Ti pulled Rylann in closer. "We will move you to a safer place while we await your Trials," she said, sighing. "Though I personally think you've been through enough and don't need to take them. You've proved yourself over and over."

Rylann smiled grimly, pulling away from the embrace to look at her master. "Thank you."

"Now, we must discuss what to do about the file." Shaak Ti looked down. "I will start a meeting with the council immediately."

Rylann watched as Shaak Ti rose to her feet, making her way to the door. "Could I go and tell my findings to Senator Amidala? She has been a quite resourceful ally in all of this."

Shaak Ti narrowed her eyes, her hand resting on the door frame. She turned to Crosshair. "I want you to never let her leave your sight."

"On my life, General," Crosshair said, nodding to her.

When Shaak Ti left the room, Crosshair made his way over to Rylann, offering his hand for her to take. Crosshair helped her to her feet, placing an arm around her waist. "Are you alright?" he whispered in her ear as he helped her around the debris in her room.

She nodded, her fingers reaching out to brush against his. His hand twitched beneath her touch before his fingers slipped into her own. He squeezed her hand. She gulped back tears. "I wish life could be simple."

"I do, too," Crosshair said, gulping as he looked down at her. He turned to face her, bringing his free hand up to her cheek. "One day, my darling."

Tears pricked at her eyes. She wanted to just spend her days with him without this stupid war, to have the resources to save him from his rapid aging, to just be with him. Crosshair lowered his head, forehead meeting hers. She felt many things, but the one that stood out was fear. Rylann pulled back, worry coursing through her. "Crosshair, why are you afraid?"

Crosshair looked away. "I don't want to lose you when I just got you."

Rylann's throat tightened at the thought of losing Crosshair. She brought her hands up to his face. "You will not lose me."

Crosshair was silent for a moment, before he took a shaky breath. "It scared me. I heard the explosion from where I was guarding you and I thought I lost you."

Rylann gulped. "I'm sorry."

"I realized then that I couldn't live without you," Crosshair said, his eyes meeting hers. "I am yours, Rylann."

"I love you," Rylann blurted out, covering her mouth in surprise as she removed her hands from his cheeks. She hadn't meant to say it. It had just poured from her heart like a fountain. Crosshair blushed, averting his eyes. Was it too early? Of course it was too early. Rylann mentally berated herself for her stupidity. Now she would just push him away and lose any progress they had made.

"I love you, too," Crosshair said barely above a whisper. Rylann's eyes shot up to greet his. He brought his hands up to her face, lowering his lips onto hers. Fireworks exploded within her gut as she wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him closer. The other kisses had been soft, intimate, and timid, but this one held a spark of surety. They were each other's and each other's alone. Rylann knew it was silly since most didn't end up with their first love. But she didn't care. She loved Crosshair. She loved the softness that he only showed her. She loved his sass that he gave out to everybody. And she loved the complicated man beneath the mask of coldness. A man who longed for peace. A man who longed for justice. A man who also longed for her.

Rylann pulled away from the kiss, catching her breath. Heat flared across her face. She loved him. And he loved her. A freeing feeling of hope shot across her being, as she pulled him down once more for a quick peck on the lips.

Crosshair furrowed his brows, his lips turning into his signature pout. "Excuse me?" he asked, lowering his lips to hers to greet her with a longer kiss, his fingers tangling themselves within her hair. He pulled away. "Short kisses are lame."

Rylann laughed, her thumb brushing the scar above his right eye. "You're lame."

Crosshair chuckled. "What's lame is your jokes," he said, removing his hands from her, only to grasp her hand in his. "Now, lets' go. Can't keep the Senator waiting."

【 ⌖ 】

Hunter

Hunter stepped away from the door, eyes wide as he hid himself from view. He had forgotten it was Crosshair's day to escort Rylann in the morning, so Hunter had arrived on the scene after running late from making sure Joseta was recovering in the hospital wing. But to his surprise, Crosshair was already there, not only surrounded by some sort of debris, but he was also making out with Rylann.

Hunter slid down the hall of the Jedi Temple, so many questions running through his head. Firstly, he was still trying to process how he felt about Joseta talking about Rex like they were old pals, and secondly, how long had Crosshair and Rylann actually acted out on their feelings for one another? What type of leader was he to remain oblivious to it? He had known Crosshair and Rylann had feelings for each other, but how stupid were they to act upon it? Apparently, very stupid.

Hunter halted his thoughts, shaking his head. He had to at least try to see from their point of view. The war was relentless, and the two had grown close, regardless of the walls that Crosshair had put up. To be honest, Hunter was jealous. Jealous of Crosshair because he had found someone to love, and jealous of Rylann who had been able to get Cross to open up. Hunter had been trying to get things out of his youngest brother for so long, but nothing seemed to be working. Of course the secret ingredient to success was a girl. A beautiful, talented, and brave girl for that matter—with a hot temper to match.

Hunter debated on whether he should mention anything to the rest of his brothers, but decided against it. They would explain in their own time. And Hunter would pretend he saw nothing. He really wanted to delete the image of Crosshair making out with his commander. It was disgusting to say the least.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.2K 122
I'm obsessed with TBB (Dad Batch). This show means everything to me and I'm so sad it's over. I entered high school with the batch and I ended high...
54.3K 1.8K 94
*SEQUEL* to my first TBB fanfiction titled "Stealth and Track" The adventures of Fern, Omega, and the boys of the Bad Batch continue after the destru...
1.9K 33 22
Kit was once a promising young padawan from the Jedi Order, trained to do good and use the force to protect those who were innocent. However, her mas...
2.5K 97 18
(This is my first story I hope you like it❀️) The Bad Batch finds a knocked out female human. She has no memory of who she use to be. She joins the B...