The Shadow Queen | Draco Malf...

By Emmamalfoy007

"You may believe yourself to be the rightful heir, but you are nothing more than a deceitful pretender, while... More

Into
I - I
I -II
I - IV
I-V
I - VI
I - VII
I - VIII
I - IX
II - I
II -II
II - III
II-IV
II-V
II-VI
II-VII
II-VIII
II-IX
II-X
III-I
III-II
III-III
III-IV
III-V
III-VI
III-VII
III-VIII
III-IX
III-X
III-XI
III-XII
IV-I
IV-II
IV-III
IV-IV
IV-V
IV-VI
IV-VII
IV-VIII
IV-IX
IV-X
IV-XI
IV-XII
IV-XIII
A/N
IV-XIV
IV-XV

I - III

48 0 0
By Emmamalfoy007

I stood at the station with Severus's hand in mine. I will never admit this to anyone but I was very nervous, I knew all my friends were going to be there but I still couldn't help the feeling.

"everything will be alright Amara, and I will be seeing you at Hogwarts anyway"                                 

"I know, it's just"  As I was about to complete my sentence Draco and Sissy arrived, seeing Draco all my worries disappeared. 

"do you have everything you will need Mara, clothes, perfume, books, ink, parchment?"

"yes Sissy I have everything" I giggled 

"well okay, if you have forgotten anything just let me know and I will have it sent"  

"Now you two better be getting on or you won't find a compartment".

After we said our good beys me and Draco got onto the train and in the first year's cart. As soon as we got on the first cabinet was empty so we just decided to sit there and wait for our friends. not even a minute later the compartment door flew open

"Amara" Daph yelled falling into my arms, right behind her were Theo and Blaise. me and Daph just stayed like that in each other's arms while all of us coughed up on what everyone had been up to not that we hadn't just met at the Malfoy's summer gala like a week ago.  

"It's ridiculous, why can't first years have their broom!"  Draco exclaimed

"I know, the brooms our house elves use to seep the floors are better than the brooms they have at Hogwarts to teach us how to fly!" I understood where they came from, and even though it's very unladylike to fly I liked it. 

I remember the first time I flew. It felt like I was free, free from all the prying eyes waiting for me to make a mistake, free from all the pressure to be perfect. it was amazing I never wanted to land. Now I am the fastest on a broom amongst our group. 

"I am going to try out for Seeker next year, it's a shame they don't let first-years play. You'll try out for chaser right Mara?"

"yeah I probably will, what about you Theo, don't you also want to be a chaser?"

"yeah but I have no intention of joining any time soon, maybe in our fourth year" 

"We should so get changed into our robes"

"When did you wake up Daph"

"When Draco yelled about the stupid broom" 

"oh I'm so sorry Your Highness" Draco mocked 

"Whatever, let us go, Mara" 

--------

we were all now gathered before the grate hall when a professor with green robes showed up. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup",

"Trevor!", a pudgy boy screamed as he reached for his toad. She rolled her eyes. Utterly pathetic. Students snicker and laugh.

"Sorry..", the boy said as McGonagall eyed him.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily", she finished, leaving us to our own devices. I turned to talk with Draco but realized that he wasn't behind her anymore, neither was Theo or Blaise 

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has a comet in Hogwarts. It is also true what other people said. This is Theodore and Blaise. And I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy"

A ginger-haired boy snickers at Draco's name.

"Think his name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley."  I said, no one gets to make fun of Draco but us. 

"And who are you another one of his minions?" A girl asked, she had bushy hair and two rabbit-looking teeth, she looked like a squirrel except her tail was on top of her head.

"How dare you speak to her like that, have you no idea who she is" It was Goyle who spoke up 

"let her be Goyle, it's clear as day she isn't our kind. and as for you ugly squirrel, I am Amar-"

"bloody hell you are Mara Salvatore" 

" it is Amara Salvatore to you Weseal"

"soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. ", Draco continues, extending his hand to Harry. 

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."

before we could react McGonagall cleared her by letting us know that she was there, she then motioned us into the great hall.

"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words", the professor finished and walked towards Dumbledore. Dumbledore. His name left a foul stench in my mouth. He was supposed to be the greatest wizard yet to walk, the slayer of Grindelwald. I knew my parents reached out to him to clear their names and explain that they were neutral but he ignored their explanation and didn't even try to stop my parent's kill, he ordered their kill. How could the supposed best Wizard do that to my parents parents? 

"I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you", said the old man.

What was he thinking? He knew the first years were present. Couldn't he notice the scared glances going his way? He was indeed losing his touch.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger", McGonagall said.

I didn't pay attention to who was getting sorted where till Draco's name was called.

"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" Draco walked up to the stool, and before the hat could even touch his perfectly over-gelled hair it shouted

"Slytherin!" the loudest cheer yet emerged from the Slytherin table, as he walked there and sat he looked at us and smirked

"That cocky bastard " I muttered causing Blaise to snicker

soon all of my friends had been sorted and I was the last of our group to be remaining. 

"potter, Harry Potter"  I could hear Potter say

"Not Slytherin, not Slytherin." 

Sorting Hat: "Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it's all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that — no?

"Gryffindor" what a nut job, who would want to go into that house willingly?

"Salvatore, Amara  Salvatore" The whole hall went quiet all that could be heard was the clicking on my souse agents the cold marble floor. all eyes were on me and at that moment my inner Narcissa Malfoy awoke. 

"head up shoulders back and walk like you won the room because you do" I remember my godmothers telling me.

as soon as the hat was placed on my head I could hear it talk. 

"hmmm the last of your generation huh, Great things await you along with great power, but remember with great power comes great responsibilities. Salazar would be proud of you. "

"Slytherin!" 

this time the cheers were louder than ever, even louder than what Harry had gotten. I looked at my godfather and he gave me a little smile of encouragement. 

I went at sat in between Draco and Daphne, Theo sat across from Daph, Blaise sat across me and some 3-year-old boy sat across from Draco. 

"Let the feast begin" A large fest appeared in front of us, it was grand but not as grand as some we have had at our houses,  while some dug into the food like they had been starved, cough *Weasel* cough, we Slytherins took our time talking with our friends and making small talk with our fellow Slytherins.

"You know Mara when the sorting hat took so much time for you I thought you might end up in another house but then I remembered that you need to be smart to get into Ravenclaw and you aren't smart enough and as for Hufflepuff, yeh you just aren't kind like - oww - see what I mean kicking me under the table - oww - Merlin woman alight alright Ill stop." Blaise kept ranting but I couldn't care less, after having such a grand fest all the fatigue from the day started catching up to me so I laid my head down on Draco's shoulders and just closed my eyes for a bit. 

I woke up due to movement only to find myself my Draco's arms.

"sorry did I wake you, you fell asleep so we just decided to carry you to the dorms and not wake you" 

"hmm" I was too tired to fight, I looked over Draco's shoulders to see Daph and Theo walking side by side talking

"where is Blaise?"

"he went ahead to check out our rooms and if necessary make any changes"

we toped near the entrance

"pure blood" 

"what's that?"

"that is the password, don't forget it it changes every other month, the new password will be on the notice board"

"hmm"

"Are you even comprehending anything I'm saying"

"hmm" Draco laughed at that, his laugh is s beautiful, I could hear it all day an- what am I thinking! I am too out of it.

Draco put me on my bed in the dorm I will share with Daphne alone. perks of your godfather being your head of the house. And before I knew it I was fast asleep. 

this is what the Slytherin comment room looks  like 

this is roughly what the rooms look like, there are 4 beds in a normal dorm but Daphne and Amara are staying in a 2-bed dorm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 3K 102
Only a person you love can shatter your heart - cut you open to the very core. It's a story filled with secrets and lies, love and hate, friendship a...
728K 18.1K 40
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
1.3K 89 39
Five years ago, an expulsion had taken place at Hogwarts. It was the first one ordered for in over a century. Unimaginable horrors had taken place wi...
372K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...